XXI

Warning: I don't normally add these, but the end of the chapter possesses triggering content. If you are uncomfortable with it, please skip, but do not complain if you do read it as I have warned you.

When we arrived back at Anthony's last night, Carter and I had to carry the three sleeping princesses up the stairs and to their boyfriends. We did try waking them up so they'd walk on their own, Carter got punched in the gut for the suggestion. Anthony and Roxy went straight to bed while we all crammed into Ro's car.

I dropped off Carter at ours. I then took Holly to Jeremy's. Rosie was right out, so I took them both to her's while dropping off her car. Since she doesn't live too far from me, I just walked back. Another twenty minutes wasn't going to kill me.

By the time I got back, Caterpillar had already ordered take away while setting up a film before we went to bed. It was going to be an early night for the whole group, but that's fine since I want to go to the gym before being dragged into a get ready montage like in the films.

The night managed to somewhat lift Car's mood though he became clingy. I obviously didn't mind. Instead of putting him in his own bed or making us cram together in mine, we made a bed with our duvets and pillows in the still standing fort. He was pressed tightly to my side throughout the night, using my scent to remain comforted.

On top of letting them stay the night, Chris agreed to let us get dressed in his spare room. My foot is heavily pressing against the car's accelerator to get there quicker. Rosie is going to beat us for being late due to a delayed set off. Now I have three girls in the backseats shrieking at me to hurry up or they won't have four hours to get ready. How they need that long, I don't understand.

I've been half arsed listening to the ladies in the back. Car's resorted to resting his head on the dashboard with hands over his ears to drown out their incessant screaming. This is going to be a nightmare, they are far too hyped to keep them in such a small space. I just got the car back and I am tempted to crash it just to shut them up.

"I can't wait to dress her up!" Roxy tries to whisper. Hell no! I slam my foot on the break, catching their attention through several shouts. I apologise to Caterpillar since he hits his head a bit.

"Do not think for a second that I am going to let you attack me with those tools you have hidden away." I sound like a scolding Mother. "She's right. She has her own style that isn't for us to mess with. She can do it on her own, though she may let us suggest a few things." Kitty winks at me through my mirror.

As soon as I turn the engine off, they're out of the car and grabbing their dresses from the boot. They head into the house while we regain our sanity with a deep inhale and exhale.

"You know you mentioned that feeling earlier?" I peer at him through the corner of my eyes. I tried voicing my weird feelings about tonight to him while we were eating lunch. "What about it?"

"What if it's a premonition?" He's suddenly worried. "They're normally all negative. Yes this has a lot of darkness in it, but underneath there is an intense spark of love and joy. There's so much contributing to it that I can't decipher who's feeling what." I reply.

"Alright. Just come get me if it gets too much."

"As long as you do the same. You've been dropping a lot lately." We promise one another to seek out the other if we need to leave.

We gather the last few bags the women left before hiking up to the house. Roxy's shoes are hanging from my pinky while the borrowed sash almost chokes me, two hefty bags hanging off of each arm.

They've barely been in the set up room for ten minutes and a tornado of makeup and clothing has taken over. Hearing that we've entered, the monsters raise their eyes from their mirrors lined up on the desk, to us. They're all chilling in their underwear. Holly is armed with a curler, Ro has an eyelash destroyer and Rox is dragging a brush through her hair. Considering she has the shortest hair, she shouldn't get as many knots as she does.