XXXIII

Everyone forgets how rude it is to wake someone by prodding their cheek incessantly. Who the fuck think it's funny to disturb me right now? I was having an amazing dream about Alexis, and it has been interrupted for some ridiculous reason. It was fooling of them to think that I won't bite back, I'm exhausted and want my peace.

I turn to rip their finger off yet I am stopped by something soft and familiar pressing against my lips. My body takes over, automatically sitting up to follow which is when the comfort vanishes. The hearty chuckle, "Come on, Shortie. Time to wake up." Lulls me back to that lovely land.

Her hand brushes against my cheek, moving up to trail down my nose. I'm jerked by a sneeze for the sensation. "Go away, let me sleep." I grumble, swatting her with my hand.

Next thing I'm aware of is being raised into the air. Kicking one leg over the other, I nuzzle into her warm neck, the source of her delectable scent. "Happy there?" She snickers, getting a kiss underneath her ear as an answer.

She can't just let me be content as I am soon falling. I prepare to yell from impact but bounce on the cushions I know well. The laughter spreads throughout the room. Opening my eyes to glare at the stunning woman with my tongue clicking, "Oops." She shrugs with a smirk. "Damn right." I hiss.

She makes her escape through the hose, I leap to my feet. She will feel my wrath. She makes a sharp right into the kitchen which I mimic, almost tripping over the two Pups at my feet running along in the rush.

Diving onto the countertop island, I skate across using my socks for speed. I jump onto her back. Her instincts force her to catch me. Her hands curl under my thighs, squeezing gently. My arms drape over her shoulders. "Onwards to the living room." I holler, leaning to the side to point.

She pushes me off, and I land on the carpet where I am ambushed by two furry faces licking over whatever skin they can get to. I wrestle with them for a few minutes before lifting them into my arms and handing them to their Ma. They attack her cheeks and neck with their tongues, she responds by tickling their fuzzy tummies.

"You're finally awake!" I turn to Holly who is being held back by Jer to prevent her from tackling me. "Sorry, sleeping is a problem at the moment." I mutter, winking to Jeremy. He releases her and she jumps at me.

"Come one then." I offer an embrace to them all, which they jump at. It's been over a year since we last saw them. We've been busy with the kids and company. They've been busy with their new jobs and thinking about starting a family. According to Chris, it isn't uncommon for our kind to start having children early as we want to see our family grow.

"I've missed you so much!" Rosie cries into my shoulder, my own tears joining hers along with Carter, Roxy and Holly. We crouch, grasping at one another. "You need to come back more often."

"I'm not letting you leave ever again!"

"Guys, chill. I'll arrange monthly visits. It's wrong to be away for so long." I sob, kissing Oliver's cheek when he sits with us to calm his hyperventilating girlfriend.

We're abruptly tackled to the ground by the twin terrors, while the littlest one observes from his beanbag. They giggle together as everyone kisses their faces, Ant included. They run around in their naked glory, occasionally pouncing on one of them.

I crawl over, climbing onto Lex's lap. She turns me sideways, tucking me into her shoulder so we can admire the scene. My baby boy scoots over, using my leg like a tree to perch on my lap. He continues to play with his teddy, sometimes glancing up to roll his eyes at the other two as they prance about.

"Hey, Hun." Boss Man steps in ruffling my hair as he walks past. "Hey. How is everything?" He drops into the seat beside us, Amelia instantly finding her way into his side. "As well as it can be. I'm going to explain the situation at the pack meeting in an hour, are you joining?" He peeks at me from entertaining the child. "I assume so." I check with Lex, she nods, holding tighter to my waist.