XXXIX

We only have tonight left before we are heading home with the pack. I've managed to arrange everything within five days, a lot of that time has been spent on hold. The small cabins are already half way into production, per my request for a swift build, it is amazing what people will do for money. The coach is booked, which we are picking up just outside of town - the pack is going to travel through the forest to get there.

The only problem we are currently dealing with, is receiving the permission to be titled as an Alpha as I technically don't have the Alpha power. It's an inherited or stolen ability which I likely will never possess due to not having anyone to take it from. However, with being a Specialised I believe the government will give me it anyway. There's only one Werewolf in any position of power in the world and he is desperate to minimize the number of Rogue's. If I play my cards right, he won't have much of a choice.

Bouncing down the stairs towards the kitchen, I'm dragged into one of the guest rooms by Fawn. She releases my arm, closing the door behind us. "Are you kidnapping me?" I chuckle, sitting on the bed. "Have you thought about my question?" Her eyes wobble as I sigh. "Come here." I pat the spot beside me. "Lamb, I've told you what I think already. I am more than happy for you to come with us, I actually have a few ideas of what you can help with. However, you still need to speak to Leah. She's your legal Guardian, I can't take you with us without her permission."

"I can't stay here, Zoe. I don't even know who I am other than the difficult sister that gets kicked out of school constantly." She slumps into my side. I guide her head onto my shoulder. "You are so much more than that, I know it. You just need to find what you want in life."

"What would your ideas be if I came with you?"

"I want to teach you how to live independently. I can teach you to cook, how to drive, how to survive. I also need someone to help with the kids. I'm going to be busy with the twins and the pack that the triplets are going to need someone to keep them entertained." She's always loved the kids, she's amazing with all children. "That sounds... perfect."

"Good. Talk to Leah and if she's unsure, send her my way and I'll see if I can persuade her." Kissing her cheek, I get up to leave. I have so many jobs to take care of before heading to bed in a few hours. Plus, she needs some alone time to find her courage before breaking the news to the big sister.

About to take the last step off of the stairs, I'm almost sent flying by terrors. Dylan is squealing while sitting on Ash's back in a chase to catch Ame. Judging from the crazed look in their eyes, something has hyped them up to the point of an uncontrollable rush.

"Who gave them sugar?" I call whilst entering the kitchen, leaning against the counter to inspect all of the traumatised faces. Carter hesitantly raises his hand, "I am so sorry. I offered them a biscuit each but they stole the tin and vanished with it." His eyes water, knowing I'm stressed and worried about adding more to it. "No worries. Though I need you to burn their energy and put them to bed, I have some things to take care of." I smirk as his horrified pout and groan. Getting them to sleep on a regular night is hard enough.

"Do you know where Lex is?" I ask, pouring myself a glass of apple juice. "Still upstairs. She's been on that call for hours." Josh replies, massaging Car's shoulders. "Thanks, I'll see if she needs help." I wash out the glass after downing the frosty hydration.

Pausing as I pass the conservatory due to voices, I peek out of the window. Fawn is perched on the decking with Leah who's close to tears as the younger girl explains her desires. The protective big sister snatches the other into a suffocating embrace, sobbing into her shoulder. She knows it's time to let her go.

"Zoe?" The familiar gruff sound is nervous, unsure of itself. "Clara." Accepting her presence, she takes the cue to enter. "What can I do for you, Honey?" The name is from her Wolf's prominent eyes, it's the first thing I noticed about her. "I was wondering if we could talk?" Everyone is chatty today. "Of course. Have a seat."