XXXIV

Jogging through to Chris' office, fairly out of breath and trying to organise my hair instead of allowing it to be a mane, a row of raised eyebrows make me flush as soon as I cross into the room. Alexis isn't the slightest bit bothered despite her clothes being obviously wonky. She's always far more put together than I am after sneaking around.

The terrors start making gagging noises while the others laugh at me and my rosy cheeks. The kid's aren't stupid, they can out two and two together and figure out the rest. They learnt what sex is a few months ago after hearing a comment Lex made. "Mummy! That's gross!" Amelia is on her back laughing at Dylan's disgust. "It's nature."

"Which room needs burning?" I slowly turn my head to the left, glaring straight into his soul as he holds at his stomach between gasps for air. "Look, we clean up after ourselves, unlike some." I peer at Rosie and Ollie who both look away.

"Just tell us the plan." I grumble, stomping over and smacking his shoulder as he wipes away his tears.

He waves us all over to his desk. "Like I said earlier, I only want to go meet these Wolves with a select small group. You all know you are my most trusted members, and have made the decision to take two others. I want to get this done as soon as possible, preferably by the end of the night." It's already about seven. "Zoe, I want you there to help understand how they feel about us. You're an Alpha Mother -"

"- A what?" Lex interrupts, glancing between us, utterly lost as to what he means. "With being an Empatassio, she has the ability to be above the Alpha if she so desires. The natural maternal role over all of our lives is dominating, hence why my dominance doesn't affect her as much."

"You never told me that." I snap. "My mistake." He shrugs. Jerking my head to the side, Leah gets the hint and smacks him on the arm for me. "Alright, I'm sorry. Anyway, I also want Oliver to come. You're a good fighter and aren't intimidating." The boy droops, offended. "It is tru. Ye jus' dinnie come ayout uz threatenin'."

"Is it just me or is his accent getting thicker?" Ro motions to Jeremy. "We've been going to his hometown every few weekends." Holly replies.

"We'll go in an hour. Any Hunter's hanging around should be home by eight. Plus, it may make the Rogue's feel safer with their senses being more alert at night. We'll go in Human form, giving them more control over the situation."

"Sounds like a plan. What should we do until then?" Holly askes, jumping onto the corner of the table, pulling Dylan into her lap. Micah then stomps his foot, wanting to be with his buddy. "Someone go grab pizza, I'll pay. We can chill here until then and keep an ear out for Hunters just to be safe." I suggest though it is more of a demand - I'm craving greasy foods.

As soon as the fattening slices are placed on the table, a swarm of hands dive to collect as many pieces as possible. I snatch out the box of flaming hot for myself, no one else will eat it with the amount of chilli's and jalapeños that cover the top and kneaded into the dough.

I get comfy on Lex's lap, she takes a piece off of me, her tolerance has improved with the amount of heat I put into our meals. The conversations fluttering around the group are bizarre, not that it's abnormal for us since we're all weirdos. The Lovelies are sitting in front of the television. Amelia is sprawling across Ashton's legs, like always. Dylan is sitting on Micah's knee while he feeds him bites of their joint plateful. The two boy's really remind me of myself and Ollie when younger.

"You're daydreaming." The gruff voice tickles the inside of my ear, shifting my attention off of the sweet tots. "Just thinking." I rub my head against the side of her, similar to nuzzling but am unable to with our position. "About anything good?"

"Would you ever want more kids?" She pulls back, stunned by the random thought. "Some day I guess. We're still young and already have three monsters. I know we both want a large family, but it's still early. Why?"