The Shield || Draco Malfoy lo...

By RosieMarin3

YOU'RE MY FAMILY HARRY Melody is cousin of Harry Potter 'The boy who lived', her mother and father despised a... More

Synopsis
Cast
Prologue [0]
Dudley's Birthday [1]
The Letter [2]
Diagon Alley [3]
Making friends [4]
Hogwarts [5]
First day of classes [6]
Flying Lessons [7]
Family History & 3-Headed Dog? [8]
Misconceptions about blood status [9]
The basics of Quidditch [10]
Spooky Season 🎃 & TROLL!? [11]
First Quidditch Match [12]
Christmas Time 🎄 [13]
The Mirror [14]
'Light' Reading [15]
The Dragon Egg named Norbert [16]
A warning ⚠️ [18]
Trap Door [19]
A game of Chess [20]
Clypeuso 🛡 [21]
We're not going home, not really [22]
Epilogue
Act 2
Prologue [0]
Dobby the house-elf's warning [1]
The Great Escape [2]
Can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page [3]
Jealous of your family [4]
This was a terrible idea [5]
It was a terrible idea [6]
A familiar face [7]
What if he hates me, Melody? [8]
Your mom is terrifying [9]
Cornish pixies, please don't pick on Neville! [10]
Mudblood [11]
Sleepover time! (Part 1) [12]
Sleepover time! (Part 2) [13]
Chamber of Secrets has been opened? [14]
About the Chamber of Secrets[15]
Polyjuice 🧪 [16]
Rogue Blugger and Elf 🏏 [17]
2023 Updates 😅 & GAME PLAN FOR THIS YEAR‼️

Detention in the Forbidden Forest 🌲 [17]

324 9 1
By RosieMarin3

[06.07.20 ✔️]

⚠️I DON'T OWN ANY OF THIS PHOTO'S /GIF'S/VIDEOS ALL CREDIT TO THEIR OWNERS⚠️

⚠️ I DO NOT OWN THE 'HARRY POTTER SERIES' OR ITS CHARACTERS/STORY LINE ALL I OWN IS MY CHARACTER AND HER STORY LINE⚠️

———————————————————————————
——

-

NOTE:
🔝There is music up above 🔝

♡♡♡

❥•—•—•❥

Melody's pov.

The four of us hurry back to the castle after leaving Hagrid's hut.

"Hagrid always wanted a dragon. He told me the first time we met him." Harry explains to Hermione and Ron.

"Yeah he told us on our way to Diagon Alley through the subway," I added.

"Subway?" Ron question.

"It's a muggle—never mind!" I quickly change the subject.

"It's crazy." Ron says, "And worse, Malfoy knows."

"I don't understand. Is that bad?" Harry asked.

"It's bad." Hermione finally speaks up golfing, as she directs us to Professor McGonagall standing in her nightgown.

"Good evening." She said curtly, as Malfoy appears from behind smugly beside her.

McGonagall leads us to her classroom. The four of us accused were standing in front of our head of house desk, while Malfoy was a few feet away, smirking.

"Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night." McGonagall begins to lecture us, "Therefore, as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken."

"50?!" Ron exclaims as Malfoy laughs under his breath at our punishment.

"Each." She states sternly, "And to ensure it doesn't happen again, all five of you will receive your detention." Malfoy nods, before realizing her words his smile vanishes.

"Excuse me, Professor." Malfoy steps up cautiously, "Perhaps I heard you wrong. I thought you said..."the five of us?'."

"No, you heard me correctly, Mr. Malfoy. You see, as honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours. You will serve detention with your classmates."

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I grin, as Draco sags.

We may have lost the battle but we certainly won the war to Malfoy, today.

❥•—•—•❥

Soon as we had left Professor McGonagall's office we were led outside to Hagrid's hut by Mr. Filch.

"A pity they let the old punishments die." Filch tells us, "There was time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming."

Yay, the man that can watch over our detentions loves to torture children.

Draco gulps.

"You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the dark forest." Hagrid appears out his hut with a crossbow.

Even better we're going to leave the forbidden forest. I mean, I was curious about the forest but I don't know if I necessarily wanted to explore at night.

"A sorry lot this, Hagrid." Hagrid sniffles, "Oh, good God, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?"

"Norbert's gone." Hagrid said sadly, "Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony."

"Well, that's good, isn't it? He'll be with his kind." Hermione said.

"Yeah, but what if he doesn't like Romania?" Filch rolls eyes. "What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all."

I walk up to the giant. "But as his parent don't you want him to thrive?"

Hagrid opens his mouth before quickly shutting it.

"I suppose so," He replied.

"Oh, for God's sake, pull yourself together, man." Filch yells, "You're going into the forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you."

"The forest? I thought that was a joke! We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed." Malfoy cries, "And there are," He causes as a howl fills the silence, "-werewolves!"

"There's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that." Filch says darkly as Draco looks frightened. "Nighty-night."

"Right. Let's go." Hagrid says as Filch leaves.

We follow Hagrid and Fangs through the forest with caution. Hagrid stops, bends down, and dips his fingers in a silver puddle. He pulls out his fingers and rubs them together. A silver trail smears with his fingers.

"Hagrid, what's that?" I asked him.

What we're here for. See that? That's unicorn's blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago." Hagrid explains. "Now, this one's been injured badly by something."

"But isn't there a curse that says if you kill a unicorn that you will die a horrible death?" Hagrid nods.

"Yeah. So, it's our job to find the poor beast." He turns around to face us.

"Ron, Hermione, and Harry you'll come with me."

"Okay." Ron weakly replies.

"And Melody, you'll go with Malfoy." Harry grimaces at my miss fortune.

"Okay. Then I get Fang!" Malfoy says.

"Fine." Hagrid grudgingly agrees.

"Just so you know, he's a bloody coward." Fang whines.

We go our separate ways as Fang leads and Malfoy instantly begins complaining

"You wait till my father hears about this. This is a servant's work." He whines like a spoiled brat.

"If I didn't know better, Malfoy, I'd say you're scared." I teased.

"Scared, Dursley?!" He scoffs. "We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you and your friends, along with the filthy half-breed"

"I don't get you Malfoy," I mumble under my bath not expecting him to hear.

"Why do you say that?"

I stop walking which causes Malfoy and things to stop as well. "You."

Draco raises an eyebrow.

"I-I t's just that you act so bloody—bloody," I stutter for a moment.

"Racists and—"

"I'm not racist!" Malfoy yells in defense of himself. "I would think you'd agree with me being pure-blood as well."

"Pure-blood?" I question.

"You are, aren't you?" Malfoy interrogated his full attention to the conversation at hand.

Hermione was right, I thought.

"No, I'm not a pure-blood Malfoy."

"Half?" He asked his voice beginning to shake.

"No," I replied. "I'm a muggle-born"

Malfoy's face completely fell. For a few seconds, his face showed no emotion in shock before he finally seemingly a gain control of his body once more.

"But your Potters cousin?"

"On his mother's side. Harry's mother, Lily Evans was my aunt and mother's sister. My mother is a muggle along with my father and brother. I'm not blood-related to the Potter family, only Harry." I explained stepping up to him to make sure that he was all right, as Draco was pale.

Malfoy his face completely dissolve of his look of shock, to one of anger and disgust.

I place my hand on his shoulder, "Are you alright Malfoy,—" Draco smacks my hand away stepping back.

"Get away from me you filthy mudblood!" He yelled.

Mudblood...I remember reading about that. It's an insult to those who are muggle-born, meaning dirty blood.

"You lied to me!" Malfoy accuse me.

"I—didn't," Suddenly I was cut off by excruciating pain on my left wrist. Immediately not even without a single ounce of evidence I knew something was happening to Harry.

"Harry!" I thought out loud. Not even giving Malfoy a second glance I start running. Although this was my first time in the forest the pain in my wrist felt like it was leading me to my cousin.

I heard the screams of Malfoy yelling after me and the barks of Fang.

Up ahead, a cloaked figure is crouched over a dead unicorn, seemingly drinking its blood. The figure raises its head, the silver blood dripping from its mouth.

Harry gasps as grabbed his scar in pain.

Harry was left alone as if he had broken off from his group. The figure slides over the unicorn and rises to advance towards Harry, who frantically tries backs up, but trips. He crawls backward.

Suddenly, a white light started to form in my hands and blinded my vision. The power was intoxicating but yet so pure at the same time. I could faintly hear the whisper a word.

Clypeus

Taking me out of my trance there is the sound of hoofbeats. A figure leaps over Harry and lands near the cloaked figure. It was a silver centaur. It rears raising its bow at the cloaked figure. As the cloaked figure noticed the centaur's weapon it immediately flew away.

I ran to Harry.

"Are you alright," I asked, "I was so worried that you had—" Harry stopped me.

"I'm alright." He tells slightly putting me at ease.

"Harry Potter, Melody Dursley, you must leave. You are known to many creatures here. The forest is not safe at this time. Especially for you." He says ending by pointing at Harry.

Helping Harry up he asked, "But what was that thing you saved me from?"

"A monstrous creature. It is a terrible crime to slay a unicorn. Drinking the blood of a unicorn will keep you alive even if you are an inch from death. But at a terrible price. You have slain something so pure that the moment the blood touches your lips, you will have a half-life. A cursed life."

"But who would choose such a life?" I said out loud.

"Can you think of no one?"

"Do you mean to say that that thing that killed the unicorn that was drinking its blood that was Voldemort?" Harry's voiced.

"Do you know what is hidden in the school at this very moment?" The centaur asked.

"The Philosopher's Stone." Harry and I whispered as Hagrid, Ron, Mione, Fang, and even Draco appeared.

"Melody, Harry!" My best friend yelled.

"Hello there, Firenze." Hagrid says, "See you've met our young Mr. Potter and Ms. Dursley, You all right there, Harry, Melody?" Harry and I nod.

"Harry Potter, this is where I leave you." Firenze tells my cousin, "You're safe now. And Melody Dursley takes care of him, Good luck." I smile at the center as he takes his leaves.

As the six of us began a journey out of the forbidden forest my mind kept going to Voldemort. How could he still be alive? Shaking my head of the thought I look towards Harry as we give each other a reassuring look. Leaving his side so that he could talk to Ron I begin walking next to Hermione.

As the two of us work together in a comfortable silence my eyes trailed behind us, at Malfoy.

'Get away from me you filthy mudblood!'

Mudblood, I thought. I guess the pure-blood supremacy the Malfoy's voice in the first Wizarding war, was still held in high regard.

Was still true, as I was and will always be a...filthy mudblood.

♡♡♡

———————————
——————-
———-

-

This is my first time writing angst in this book but I hope it was good?

Don't forget to wash your hands!

___

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 301 50
Melody Riddle Book 5 Following the tragic murder of her mother by her father's wand, Melody has a lot to explain about her personal involvement in hi...
131K 4K 36
Three days before Alannah Dursley's eleventh birthday, she receives a mysterious letter. Her father, Dudley Dursley knows exactly what this letter c...
6.5K 145 28
Evelyn-Grey Potter was the younger, less well-known sister of Harry Potter. She was only a few months old, on that fateful night in Godrics Hollow. S...
24.3K 407 25
****BOOK 1 OF 7**** What if Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy each had a little sibling? A little sister to be precise. What if Sirius never went to Aska...