The One Left Behind

By TheGirlWhoHowledWolf

have you ever been left before? have you left someone? people leave that's the truth. And I believe when they... More

One Left Behind
Exordium Of The Deviant
The Adroit And The Opaque
A Crazy President
Define, Lubēre.
Vacation
Pervert One
Used To
The Greatest Decision
One Week Left of Summer
#1. Go Surfing.
#2. Walk To The Old Village.
#3. Visit The Tayid Lighthouse.
#4. Visit The Church.
Real World
I'll be an Ashford
Status: Freedom
Reunion
Night Life
Friendzone
The One That Got Away
This Time
Missed
Girlfriend
Boyfriend
Legacy
Nona
Incredible
France
Promise

Little Things

33 1 0
By TheGirlWhoHowledWolf

Chapter 20

Cosette

Hmm... I wonder if this outfit will do, I don't wanna look over dressed or underdressed. On second thought who cares, oh right!

ME!!! x(((

If your wondering why I'm getting all worked up for my outfit today, let me tell you why... we're going out and I effin forgot!!!! (>_<)

Ryan is currently waiting for me in the living room, watching television. While I stood here in my underwear in front of the mirror in my walk in closet, getting all crazy what I will wear.

I can't believe I actually forgot all about it, when this was all Ash and I are talking about when we went to the mall yesterday.

In the end, I ended up with a denim jeans and sleeveless top that I paired with coat which I bought in Italy and a pair of black floral snickers. I put my hair in a messy bun and put on a light make-up then my glasses. I grabbed my sling purse and continued to put in my phone with my other necessities. I spared a glance to myself on my mirror then went out to meet my prince charming (joke!).

He stood and turned off the television when he saw me appear, I uneasily smiled at him, who wouldn't if he stared at you from head to foot. He smiled at me when his sight went back up to my eyes.

"You changed a bit." I raised a brow to him as I smirk. "Its a compliment."

"Then thank you." I pouted in thought. "You did too... in a good way."

"Then shall we?" He gestured for the door feigning an Old English accent, I smirked and walked pass him. "After you, Milady." He said holding the door ajar.

"Why thank you, kind Sir!" I played along, we laughed a bit as I locked my unit.

We rode the elevator and went to the ground floor, he unlocked his Porsche's passenger seat door and let me in before going in himself.

Gentleman, as always. :)

"So... where are we going?" I asked as soon as we hit the road, he chuckled as if what I said is a joke.

"Just wait and see, Dora." He said still smiling. Right... that phrase really is from Dora, now that I gave it a thought. "I see that your fashion sense changed a bit."

"Well... ten years is pretty long." I said matter of factly.

"Where are we?" I asked as he parked in a parking space on the side of the street. He climbed out so I did the same, I saw him put in some coins in the parking fee in the edge of the sidewalk.

"Let's go." He smiled as I walk beside him, as we walk I noticed that we we're getting closer to the crowd. I hooked my arm around his in impulse, you know... I was used to that when I'm with Ash which is all the time except now. He looked at me in surprise, his eyes looking at me curiously. At first I was clueless, but I immediately let go when I realized why.

Shit! That was awkward!!

"Um... that's alright." He started.

"No its OK, your just saying that anyway. Let's go." I walked towards the edge of the sidewalk in the side of the pedestrian crossing lane, I felt him stood beside me as we wait for the lights to change to let us know its safe to walk across the road just like everybody else. I was taking my fill in the place cause its been years since I've saw this land when I felt a hand gently held mine, he tangled our fingers together.

Its a bit rough, huge, warm and yet so gentle. I can't help but smile as I became speechless. The lights changed and people immediately crossed the road, he lightly pulled me with him and walked across the road.

When is the last time I felt so at ease, so secured. Seconds later I figured out that he brought me to the Portabello market, its pretty packed but I'm not really worried that I might get lost in the crowd, I don't think so. No, not when his holding my hand this tight.

I remember those memories, memories that I ought to leave behind... yet they came crashing down on me. They came crashing down as I watch our hands together. I remember when I came to Italy, I promised to myself that I'll forget everything, I'll force all the feelings to fade... maybe, maybe its just a phase to our lives since we're just too young to get that serious, that's what I thought.

I thought that a decade was more than enough to forget, and I thought I did. Yet all it took was a single glance, a single touch and a single morning for it to come crashing back on me. I thought it was over, I thought it was dead... but I was dead, cause I fell in love to the same man. Is it really possible, to fall in love to the same person all over again.

"So what's yours?" He put down the menu and I saw yet again the smile on his face, that he has this whole time.

"A garden salad and iced tea, please." I smiled back.

"Did you get that?" He gingerly asked the waitress that's been ogling him this whole time, yet this man right in front of me didn't even spare her a glance, not even when she dismissed herself to get our orders.

"Tell me about your life in Italy." He said as he gave me curious stare.

"You wouldn't want to know." I chuckled as I look around, its actually a bit distracting the way he looks at me, really. The place we decided to dine to is pretty cute, it has this vintage touch in the interior of the shop, the sound playing is really relaxing.

"Why not? You didn't do something, did you?" He raised a brow at me.

"Haha! No... hmm."

"I studied most of the time there, then party a bit in college until now. You know, I just have fun." I vaguely explained. He pouted and shook his head in approval.

"Sex, no?"

"No!" I chuckled out in amusement, as Ryan's brow scrunch together.

"What's so funny? You aren't lying to me, are you?" He studied my face seriously as I continued to laugh a bit.

"No." I said, trying to seriously calm myself.

"Why are you laughing then."

"The look on your face is just too hilarious! Your like a father trying to make her daughter confess that she loss her virginity to some random douche guy on the street."

"That's not really a good example." He finally smiled.

We chatted a bit more until the food arrived, the food that they had is really divine.

"Hey, I bet you'll love this one." He extended his fork towards my lips with a bite size portion of his steak on it. I reluctantly took a bite and smiled.

"Its great." I commented as he delightedly continued eating taking a bite of his meal with the same fork. I timidly shook my head in disbelief, gosh! Am I the only one making double meanings in this date? See?! I did it again! This isn't a date, or is it? Fck. (-_-)

"Let's go?" He said standing up and lending his hand for me to take. I smiled and held his hand as we walk out to the streets of the Portabello market. People looked at us, they looked at our hands joined together.

Those looks. I know them too well. Judgemental people. I just wanna shove a dirty finger on their faces and tell them, fck the hell off.

"Oh hey! Look at this." He pulled me to a booth full of different kinds of trinkets that looks like antiques. He showed me a cute keychains. Its a panda. "So what do you think?"

"Its cute." He grinned at me and bought the matching keychains to my suprise. He gave me one, silently. Cute.

"Evans?" I looked behind me to see Adrian. A friend way back on college in Italy. My almost prospect of a love interest.

"Ad." I casually called back. He gave me one of his boyish grins.

"Fancy to see you here."

"Yeah, you too."

"Is Ash with you?" He cautiously looked around. Haha. Ash used to hit on him in college, so his a bit walking on egg shells when his around me.

"Haha. Nah, he isn't.- Oh right. Adrian, this is Ryan. Ryan, this is Adrian."

"Nice to meet you." Ryan said politely shaking hands with Ad.

"Same here. Didn't know the boyfriends here." Ad joked. Snickering a bit.

"Ad." I glared a bit. Making him laugh more.

"So we're gonna go. Nice to see you." I excused not wanting Ad to embarass me any further.

"So who is he?" Ryan asked curtly as we continued our walk.

"Schoolmate in college."

"Right." I glanced at him under my lashes as we go on. I wonder what his thinking. His jaws tensed every now and then.

"Let's go watch a movie." Ryan suddenly said as we approach a movie theater. He gently tugged my hand towards the movie display where all the available movies are showed.

"Let's watch this." I pointed to an action film starring Hugh Jackman. He shook his head in approval and amusement.

"Right." He said sounding really amused.

"What?"

"No its nothing, I just thought that you would choose a rather... girly movie." He smiled.

"Which one, that?" I pointed to a rom-com movie poster that looks so sappy it almost sent shivers down my spine. "Now your just insulting me, bro. I don't swing that way."

"Sorry sorry. OK I'll go get the tickets." I watched him waltz straight to the ticket booth.

He walks so, I don't know... graceful. So full of confidence, like every step he takes, gives an impression that his not just a nobody. So mysterious, very intriguing.

"What do you want?" He asked snapping me out of my reverie, I didn't know we're already infront of the queu of the snack corner.

"Um... the Set D. But make the beverage an iced tea please."

"Sure. Did you get that?" He asked the girl in the counter ogling him, can't blame her.

"Sorry what's it again?" She smiled tucking her hair behind her left ear, she's obviously trying to get his attention. But I guess she's not making a very good job since the subject is staring at the menu board plastered on the wall as he repeat our order with a serious frown on his brows. It made me smile actually, and I don't know why... I must be really losing my mind.

We sat on the middle row of the theater. There's only few people inside the cinema. A pair in front of us, three on our far side and one way behind us. I guess theater watchers are quite getting extinct, well it is pretty reasonable by our latest accessibility from the internet we could easily download any movie we want, saving money to pay in a movie theater. That's pretty sad though.

The credits are starting to move up as the lights turns on in the room. I stood up and gave a good stretch not so girly if I might add, but comfort doesn't always have to look proper or lady-like... its just all about the feeling.

"So where are we going now?" I asked when we got out of the building. Nights in London really are cold, good thing I'm ready. London is so different from Italy not just the weather. Their both beautiful in their own different ways.

He clasped our hands together bringing warmth between them. He started walking and I walking beside him cluelessly. The street lights are on and gleaming prettily on the streets, couples strolling on the side walk looking so in love with each other. I continued to walk beside him aimlessly.

I was so entertained on looking at our surroundings that I didn't pay no mind when he briefly talked to someone until he pulled me towards him inside one of the carts of the eye. A motherfather huge ferris wheel that over looks the whole city.

"Ohmygosh. This is amazing!" I said in excitedly awestrucked.

I was still amazed when the speaker suddenly played a familiar tune. I looked back to Ryan, surprised to see him lending me his hand asking me to dance. Now you've got to be fcking kidding me. And of course, I accepted it, who wouldn't.

Your hand fits in mine like its made just for me
But bare this in mind it was meant to be
And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheek
And it all made sense to me.~♪

My hands on his shoulders, his on my waist. It feels perfect. Its not much but it feels magical.

"Your such a cheeseball." I laughed. As I lean my forehead on his chest.

"Yeah." He kissed the top of my head. And started singing, which made me smile. Its sweet.

I won't let this little things slip out of my mouth
But if I do, its you.
Its you they add up to.
And I'm in love with you.

And all this little things.~♪

"I'm in love with you." He said as I looked deep into his eyes.

"Forever and always."

"Sure thing, Taylor Swift." I joked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 10K 39
Peyton wakes up the next morning with a terrible headache and a band on her wedding finger. She can't remember what happened and all she can think is...
3.7K 142 47
How does one cope when someone close to them is gone? Some will do their best to move on, while others will hold on to the hope that they'll be back...
21.5M 687K 134
How can you lose something you never have? When your own mother poisons you to gain pity from others, how should you feel? ...
925 62 31
"you promised me forever but you lied. You're not the same person I grew up with, you changed." "You're right, I have but you have too. It's like I...