The Forgotten Girl

De KatietheCaterpillar

Alison Parkington had lived in the orphanage her entire life. Everything was perfect besides the fact that sh... Mais

Chapter one: When It All Changes
Chapter Two: Intensive Cleaning
Chapter three: Returning Home
Chapter four: There's always a first
Chapter Five: The Devil Wears Pink
Chapter Six: It only gets better
Chapter seven: Fighting Back
Chapter Eight: Dreams
Chapter nine: Disarming, Qudditch, and a Brawl?
Chapter Ten: A Secret Weapon
Chapter Eleven: Secrets to Keep
Chapter Twelve: Such a Merry Christmas
Chapter Thirteen: Chocolates, Stars, and Dreams
Chapter Fourteen: And The Truth Is Spilled
Chapter Fifteen: The Toad Takes Over
Chapter Seventeen: Unforgivable Happenings
Chapter Eighteen: And the war begins
Part Two-Chapter one: Life at the Burrow
Chapter Two: Midnight Conversation
Chapter Three: Quidditch, Birthday Cake, Letters, and Love
Chapter Four: Weasleys' Wizards Wheezes
Chapter Five: Back to Hogwarts We Go
Chapter Six: Some Gifts Aren't So Pleasant
Chapter Seven: A Fatherly Message.....Kind of?
Chapter Eight: Officially a Slugclub Member
Chapter Nine: Slugclub and Quidditch
Chapter Ten: Romance Is Thick In The Air
Chapter Eleven: Christmas With the Weasleys
Chapter Twelve: Dad, Homework, and Poison
Chapter Thirteen: The Quidditch Troll
Chapter Fourteen: Secrets Revealed
Chapter Fifteen: The Unwanted Lunch Date
Chapter Sixteen: Break Ups Are In The Air Tonight
Chapter Seventeen: The Championship
Chapter Eighteen: In The Common Room
Chapter Nineteen: Deatheaters and Werewolves
Chapter Twenty: The Beginning of the End
NOTICE

Chapter Sixteen: Easter Heart to Hearts

228 8 1
De KatietheCaterpillar

Chapter Sixteen: Easter Heart to Hearts

The Easter holidays dawned with a beautiful sunny morning. The sun fell through the window in the dormitory and woke Alison up. She smiled and sat up in bed. They hadn’t seen the sun in quite some time and it was a nice surprise. She climbed out of her bed and dressed quietly. Just as she reached the door Ginny sat up, “Don’t get too excited,” she said in a sleepy voice, “Angelina wants and all day practice remember?”

Alison let out a long whine and flung herself back onto her bed, “It’s like she doesn’t want us to enjoy ourselves!” she said.

Ginny laughed and climbed out of bed, “I don’t think that’s her intention.” She said lightly before getting dressed herself.

They went down to breakfast together where Angelina pulled them to the table next to her. The rest of the team, minus Ron, was sitting around her.

“Alright guys, we’ve got this in the bag. I think we can pull this off.” She said in a rather chipper voice. Alison turned to Ginny whose face was as confused as Alison felt. Last practice Angelina stood in the locker room banging her head against the wall muttering ‘it’s hopeless.’

“Angelina, you really think we can?” Kirke asked in his quiet voice. Alison resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

“Yes Kirke, we can. But only if you and Slopper can keep your heads in the game.” She said and turned back to the pile of parchment in front of her, “As soon as Ron comes down and eats we’ll head out to the pitch. I have it booked all day so we’ll get a good practice in.” Alison groaned, along with the rest of the team. 

The minute Ron finished his breakfast Angelina stood from her seat, “Alright team, let’s get to work!” she said and turned leading her complaining team from the Great Hall and out to the Grounds. Alison passed George on her way out. She gave him an apologetic smile and mouthed ‘all day practice’ before Ginny grabbed her arm and forced her to keep walking out to the Quidditch pitch.

When Angelina said all day she really meant it. She kept them out there until it was so dark they could no longer see. She led them off the pitch, tired, hungry, and sore, talking away happily. Alison strayed to the back of the group where Ron was walking alone.

“Hey Ron.” She said in a tired voice. Ron grunted in response. They walked along in silence for a few moments before Ron spoke. “I’m rubbish.” he said running his hands through his hair, “I can’t do anything right! I’m horrible and all I want is to resign!” Alison looked over at him. She was lost for words, comforting others was something she had never been good at. She never knew what to say.

“I don’t understand why Angelina wouldn’t let me resign. And now I‘m going to lose us the house cup and everyone will hate me. Then she’ll never want me.” He let out a sigh. Alison continued to look at him. She really wished she knew what to say but she was just horrible with words, especially when they concerned feelings.

“I don’t think you’re that bad.” She said in a quiet voice. It was all she could think of to say.

“You have to say that,” Ron said, “you’re practically my sister.”

Alison held in a laugh, “No offense Ron, but I don’t think any of your siblings would feel required to say that to you.” Ron grunted in agreement before stalking off to sit with Harry and Hermione. Alison shook her head at him and plopped down between Ginny and Colin. Colin wrinkled his nose, “You two smell like dirt.” He said moving his book over so Alison could eat. She stuck her tongue out at him.

“You try practicing Quidditch all day, and then tell me how you smell.” Alison said before shoving a mouthful of mashed potatoes into her mouth. After a few minutes of Alison and Ginny shoving food down their throats Colin got up to leave. “I think I’ll study where it’s quiet.” He said.

Ginny rolled her eyes and swallowed, “You act like you’re taking your O.W.L.S.” she said.

Colin rolled his eyes, “All exams are important, Gin.” He said before leaving the Great Hall. His spot was quickly replaced by George and Fred.

“Hello ladies.” Fred said pulling some food towards him. George kissed Alison lightly, “You smell, Love.” He said and smiled. Alison stuck out her tongue, “So I’ve been told.”

“How was practice?” Fred asked.

“Just wonderful.” Ginny answered in a sarcastic tone.

“Lovely.” Fred answered back, his sarcasm matching hers.

Alison rolled her eyes at them, “So any plans for the holidays?” she asked them.

They both shook their heads, “No, we figured why disrupt study time.” George said.

“Disrupting class time is much more fun.” Fred added.

Alison shook her head at them as she stood up, “Seeing as I smell, I think I’ll go take a shower.” She flashed the boys a smile and then pulled Ginny off the bench. They went up to the dormitory together. After a nice refreshing shower Alison sat down on her bed. She pulled out her Potions homework and set to work on it.

Ginny came out of the lavatory twenty minutes later, her showers were almost twice as long as Alison’s. She threw her toiletry bag into her trunk before plopping onto Alison’s bed.

“Do you mind?” Alison said without looking up from her book, “I’m doing homework.”

Ginny sighed, “Between you, Colin, and Hermione, all my friends do is read.” She threw herself down across Alison’s book, a playful smile on her face, “I require constant attention, you know.” She said raising an eyebrow.

Alison shook her head, “I’ve noticed.” She pulled her book out from under Ginny and set it aside, “What is it that requires attention tonight?” She asked resting her face on her knuckles.

Ginny sat up, “Dean.” She said simply and pulled her legs up to her chest, “I don’t know what to do about him.”

Alison sighed, twice today somebody wants her to come up with some amazing advice that she’s not capable of producing, “What about Dean?” she asked hoping maybe Ginny would sort it out on her own.

Ginny sat for a moment with her eyes close, contemplating what she wanted to say. Alison could see her face scrunch up in concentration. “Come on spit it out, nobody’s here to over hear you.” That was true. The other girls had all gone home for Easter. Mrs. Weasley however decided it would be best if they all stayed at Hogwarts for the Holidays. That’s why they were here.

“I don’t know,” Ginny started opening her eyes, “he’s just been so pushy lately. I don’t know what to do.”

Alison kept quiet, thinking what she should say. She was saved answering however as the door opened and Hermione walked in.

“Hello girls.” she said sitting on the edge of Ginny’s bed, “Talking about anything important?” she asked. Ginny shrugged, “Just boys.” She said and smiled, all thoughts of Dean gone, “Hermione. Tell me who you fancy.” She said in a sly voice. Hermione’s face instantly turned red, “Oh, nobody.” She said turning her face to Alison, “What about boys were you discussing?” she asked in a tone that suggested she wasn’t really interested.

Ginny stood and moved to sit beside Hermione, “You can’t tell me there’s no one you fancy?” she asked more persistent this time. Hermione stood up and headed towards the door, “No, there really isn’t” she said with a catch in her voice. With that she left. Ginny cracked a smiled, “I’ll get her someday!” she said before falling back on to her bed. Within minutes she was asleep and Alison quickly followed.

The Easter Holidays passed in a peaceful blur. Except for meals and Quidditch practice Alison, Ginny, and Colin kept to the Gryffindor tower where Umbridge couldn’t bother them. Many of the fifth and seventh years spent the whole holidays studying and Colin felt that they should do the same. He kept Alison and Ginny at it for hours. It was the last night of the Holidays and studying is exactly what they were doing.

“Next year we’ll be taking our O.W.L.S. and it’s best to put in place good habits now rather than later.”

Alison rolled her eyes and flipped a page in her book. This was what Colin told them every night as he held their noses to the pages of their books. Alison flipped another page, not bothering to even read anymore.

“But Colin, we have all summer to put in place good habits,” Ginny said mimicking his tone, “Can’t we just have fun? It’s the last night of the Holidays.”

Colin shook his head, “No, look over there,” he pointed to Fred and George who were sitting in the corner with parchment spread in front of them, “even Fred and George are studying.”

Ginny sighed, “Fat chance that is.” She whispered to Alison. Alison cracked a smile and flipped the page again.

Angelina came up to the table and Ginny sighed, “If you say we have a last minute practice I’ll hex you into the next century.” She said acidly. Angelina had them on the pitch constantly throughout the Holidays. Angelina chuckled, “Don’t worry Ginny, just giving Alison a note.” She handed Alison a piece of neatly rolled parchment before joining Fred and George in the corner.

“Her and Fred are getting serious, huh?” Ginny said eyeing them.

Colin shushed her, “Study.” He said pointing at the book in front of her. Alison held in her giggle and unrolled the parchment. She read through the short note quickly;

       I will be waiting outside your common room and ten o’clock sharp. Don’t be late.

                                                       S. Snape

Alison shoved the note into her pocket before anyone else could read it. She wasn’t sure what he wanted, but she was almost positive he didn’t want others to know.

“Who was the note from?” Ginny asked not looking up from her book. She was reading intently. Alison leaned over to see a muggle magazine hidden in her textbook. Alison smiled and shook her head, “Just Snape.” She said in a low voice. Colin looked up at this, “What does he want?” he asked his eye trained carefully on Alison. He had been watching her carefully for quite some time now, though Alison wasn’t sure what he was so worried about.

“I don’t know.” Alison said and started to pick up her books.

“We’re still studying!” Colin said an appalled look crossing his face. Alison rolled her eyes, “It’s eight thirty, and whether you like it or not, I’m done studying.”

Ginny smiled, “Great! I’ll be done too.” She said and slid her books into her bag as well. She stood up, leaving her bag on the table and went over to join Dean.

Colin was looking at Alison with a look of disappointment, “The two of you, completely absorbed in boys.” He said in a strict tone. Out of the three of them Colin was the most protective and quite fatherly. Alison smiled slyly, “And what do you call you and Sam in the same arm chair?” she asked in a quiet voice. Colin narrowed his eyes, “Touché.”

Alison smiled and patted her best friend on the head before going to join George in the corner. Fred and Angelina had left a few minutes ago.

“Hey Lissy.” He said not looking up from the parchment in front of him. Alison sat down in the empty chair; pulling it closer to him she peered at the parchment over his shoulders. It was a list of products and numbers.

“Figuring numbers?” she asked while reading a few product names. Skiving snackboxes, Peruvian darkness powder, invisible hats. She smiled lightly and looked up noticing George looking at her. “I have to tell you something.” He said in a soft voice. He pushed a stray curl out of Alison’s face. The look in his eyes was serious and Alison’s heart suddenly jumped to her throat.

“Why do you look like someone died?” she asked in a cracked voice. George chuckled and the tense knot in Alison’s stomach lessened a bit. He cupped the side of her face. “Fred and I have put together our final prank.” He said watching her face. Alison smiled, “Well, what is it?” George didn’t say anything and Alison thought over what he said, “Final prank?” she asked in a slow voice.

George nodded, “We’re leaving tomorrow. For good.” he said his voice empty of all animation.

Alison put her hand over his on her face, “What’s so bad about that?” she asked lightly, “Besides the prospect of your mum cursing you to oblivion?”

George smiled lightly, “I won’t get to see you.” He said.

Alison shook her head, “For a few weeks, then it will be the holidays again.”

George nodded his head, “True. But I have this feeling, that the minute I leave, something is going to happen to you.”

“You can’t stop everything from hurting me.” She said quietly. George closed his eyes. A look of pain crossed his face for a moment, “I know.” was all he said.

Alison watched his face carefully. He opened his eyes and a small smile play across his lips. He leaned in close to her, “Promise me you’ll be careful after I’m gone.” He said. His voice was light, but underneath there was a hint of pleading.

“I’ll try my best.” George rose and eyebrow at her. Alison met his stare with a daring one of her own. He knew she would do what she needed to do, whether it be safe or not.

George closed the distance between them. He kissed Alison softly, just a quick brush of lips. He pulled away just enough to whisper three words against her lips, “I love you.”

Alison smiled against his lips and whispered back, “I love you too.”

George pulled her close wrapping his hands in her long hair. He kissed her, slowly at first and then more urgently. Alison, still smiling wound her hands into his hair. It was longer than normal, curling at the ends just above his collar.

The clock chimed and they pulled apart. Looking around Alison noticed they were the last two in the common room. She was sitting in his lap, and not sure when she got there she blushed lightly. George smiled watching her face. Alison could still feel his hands on her waist.

“What time is it?” she asked a little short of breath.

“Ten fifteen,” George said, “Why?”

Alison jumped up, “Damn.” She said a little louder than she met, “I’m late!”

George stood up, “Late for what? It’s after curfew!”

“I have to go!” she called over her shoulder, “I’ll explain later!” she said as she pushed open the portrait hole and fell into the corridor outside of the Fat Lady’s portrait.

Snape was standing right in front of the portrait. His face had a careful mask on it, but Alison could tell he was annoyed.

“You’re late.” He said in his usual slow voice.

Alison still out of breath nodded her head, “I know, I’m sorry, sir.”

Alison looked up just as Snape flinched at the word Sir. It was a small flinch but Alison noticed it. Snape composed himself again quickly and turned on his heel. Alison hurried to follow after him.

“Where are we going?” she asked finally catching up to him. She matched his stride.

“Somewhere private.” He said in a voice that Alison knew dismissed further questions. They walked along in silence down through the castle. On the second floor they were met by Umbridge. She had an unpleasant smile on her face. Alison looked at her with disgust.

“Isn’t it a bit late to be out of bed?” Umbridge asked in her sickly sweet voice that Alison hated so much. Alison wasn’t sure why, but every time she saw Umbridge she got the feeling that she hated her, hated her almost more than she did Harry.

Snape stepped in front of Alison and cleared his throat, “She is with me.” He said eyeing Umbridge. Alison could hear in his voice the disgust as he spoke. He often used that voice in class.

Umbridge gave a very fake, very annoying, and girlish giggled. Alison resisted the urge to roll her eyes, “And what, may I ask, are you planning on doing at this hour? It’s well after curfew, is it not?”

“I have a matter to discuss with Miss Parker.” He answered easily.

“This matter could not wait till the morning?” Umbridge cocked her head to the side, almost in a child like gesture.

“No. It’s quite important. It involves her parents you see.”

“Her parents?” Umbridge gave another giggle, “but, unless I am mistaken, Miss Parker’s parents are dead.”

She said dead in such a sweet way that Alison flinched. Rage rose up inside of her. The look on Umbridge’s face suggested almost that the idea of Alison being an orphan pleased her.

“They are.” He said. Alison whipped her head around to look at him. She could feel the surprise on her face. He flashed her a quick look that said ‘play along’ and she quickly changed her expression though not before Umbridge caught a glimpse of it.

“I feel as though if this matter is important enough to raise Miss Parker out of bed, perhaps I, as headmistress, should hear what is going on as well.”

Snape shook his head, “I’m sorry to disappoint you Headmistress, but this is a matter for only Alison’s ears.”

Umbridge shook her head, “Then I cannot allow Miss Parker to hear what you have to say.” With that she rushed forward and grabbed Alison’s upper arm. She turned her around and marched her away. Alison looked over her shoulder at Snape. He was mouthing something at her quickly though Alison only caught the end tail of it, ‘you’re not the only one.

“If I catch you breaking just one more rule you’ll be out of here faster than you can say Fudge.” Umbridge hissed. All sweetness was gone from her voice, “You selfish, future seeing freak. You’ll ruin everything.” Alison stopped and dug her heels into the floor. Umbridge whipped around to look at her, “Keep moving!” she hissed.

Alison shook her head, “How do you know?” she asked in a deadly whisper.

Umbridge laughed, it was a cold laugh, so very different from her girlish giggle Alison had heard only a few moments before, “Everyone knows darling. And I know you warned Potter. That’s why I couldn’t catch any of you.”

Alison shook her head, she didn’t warn Harry, a house elf did, though she would never spill that detail.

“You know too much already,” Umbridge said in a dangerous voice as they approached the Portrait hole, “and the sooner I can get rid of you the better.” She shoved Alison roughly towards the Fat Lady before turning on her heel and marching the other way.

Alison gave the Fat Lady the password and climbed into the common room. She sank down into an armchair. “What did Umbridge mean I know too much?” she asked of no one in a quiet whisper. Then it hit her, “The visions.” She said in a gasp and stood. She raced to her dormitory and onto her bed. She ripped back her blankets and threw her pillow. Under it was the small journal where she wrote her dreams before the slipped from her memory. She sank into a sitting position and opened the book to the first page. She began to read. Most of the entries were things that had happened. Events with the D.A., the mass breakout, Mr. Weasley’s attack, but there were a few that puzzled her mind. Most of those had Umbridge in them. Umbridge with potions, and letters, and worried looks on her face.

Alison read through her notes carefully, most of her dreams had no dialogue to them, but one did. It was a dream that involved Umbridge;

Umbridge stood in her office looking out the window. She began to speak to herself, “He can’t be back. It’s not possible. If he’s back I’ll be hunted, they’ll want to finish the job. Greyback will find me just like my parents. The Dementor didn’t work. He got away with it anyway. That’s not good.”

Alison looked up from the journal. She ran her fingers through her hair. Umbridge set the Dementors on Harry. How could she have forgotten that, she wrote it down! Alison kicked herself mentally. Is that what Umbridge is so scared about her knowing? Or is she scared that Alison knows she’s afraid of Voldemort. Why would that matter? Everyone is. Alison racked her brain trying to make the pieces fit. She was good at puzzles, she could figure this out.

She let out an audible gasp, “Her parents were killed by werewolves.” It suddenly made sense, her hate of half-breeds, her fear at Voldemort rising to power, and her hate of Alison, for knowing her secrets.

Ginny rolled over in her bed next to Alison’s, “What are you still doing up?” she asked in a sleepy voice, her eyes still half closed.

Alison cursed her tendency to speak allowed to herself, “Just going to bed now.” She told Ginny in a quiet voice. Ginny mumbled something and rolled back over in her bed. Alison retrieved her pillow and changed quickly before falling into her bed. She smiled evilly, she had something to hold over Umbridge, and it felt kind of good.

____________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: Here's 16, I hope you liked it! Comment, vote and what not. Tell me what you think? Please!? It would help me tons if I got some feedback!! :( anyways. Two chapters left to part one. Then I'm taking a small break to persue a new project, but just a small one, then I shall begin on part two! I've hit a new writing streak, prepare for some stories to read! Lots of love! :*

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

263K 11K 39
ဤ Fic သည် အရမ်းရိုင်းစိုင်းသော အသုံးအနှုန်းတွေကိုသာသုံးထားသော Big Warning 🚨18+ Fic တပုဒ်ဖြစ်သည် ။
275K 8.3K 63
❝ Shut up,❞ ❝ Make me, 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬.❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 no matter how hard she tries to resist, the daughter of Hades ends up falling for Percy Jac...
438K 15.5K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.1M 47.8K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC