Ripple | ✔ (Old Story)

By illianaklyne

Grace Waverly Parker meets a devilish boy who catalyses the revelation of a life she didn't know she had. Gr... More

D I S C L A I M E R
Epigraph
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chaper 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Epilogue
MY APOLOGY

Chapter 7

5.7K 178 39
By illianaklyne

I turned around only to face Nathaniel, Courtney, and Chase. It surprised me that Courtney could wrap her arm around Chase's but by the look on his face, I'd say he just didn't have the energy to fight. However, as soon as his eyes landed on mine, he was quick to glare at Courtney before shaking her arm off. I can tell he wasn't very fond of her.

"Hey nerds, " Courtney said, not even an ounce hurt or bothered by her rejection. I held back my urge to roll my eyes and just smiled at them.

"Hey, Grace!" Said Nathaniel with a slight wave and his presence alone makes Chase seem out of place. Most people that surround him are nice and sweet, then there's him. He couldn't even bother to say something. "You coming to the party tonight, Chris?" Courtney asked as she flaunts like a fish, though I suppose she thinks she looks cute or hot.

"Oh yeah, you think I'd miss that for anything?" Christian replied with a chuckle as we lead the group away from the stand since we were blocking the way.

Party? Again? I mean, not that last night was a party, but this is wild. Courtney's eyes meet mine and I wished she didn't have such a bitchy face.

"What about you, new girl? You should come, maybe you'd find some boys to spend the night with, loosen you up, " the surrounding guys seemed to have tensed up except for one person and I felt my blood boil. Who does she think she is?

If I didn't know better, I would've already swung at her but I knew better so I just shook my head politely and say, "No, I don't think I should, I got things to get done." I really didn't, maybe finish the production of some songs and study though, I didn't care much about studying, I get good grades anyway.

Courtney rolls her eyes then looks at Chase before bringing her head up to kiss his neck, but Chase moved away, glaring at her and she returns the favor. Doesn't she ever feel embarrassed?

Instead, she rolls her eyes playfully and joked, "you guys are no fun, " making Christian and Nathaniel laugh. But Chase had a smirk tugging on his lips, and somehow I knew he was up to something.

"Well, it would've been nice if you came. Parties here aren't as bad, I promise." Christian reassured patting my shoulder and Nathaniel agrees. I look at Chase again as I wondered what was going on in his mind as he looked at me, watching me.

"What's your plan, Michaels?" Christian asked, now averting the attention to Chase.

He raised his brows as if now engaged in the conversation before placing his hands in his pockets. "Oh, I have to get my car fully cleaned first, " he said, and my head spun. Please say nothing.

I watched as everyone's faces morph into confusion. Well, since he had a smug smirk painted on his face.

"Why? didn't you have that cleaned like last week?" Christian asked, and I felt sick again. Way to make things worse, I already felt kind of guilty for throwing up in a nice car and now I found out it was newly clean?

Chase glanced at me as if to say, I warned you and I shivered.

"I-I should go look for Julia, " I said abruptly, trying to disappear before Chase could even go any further but before I could take another step he says, "Oh what a shame, I thought you'd offer to clean the car you threw up in, "

There it was. I knew he wouldn't let it go, and I thought for a moment that he must've thought better and prevented himself from telling anyone, but I guess he just wanted more reactions. I felt my heart stop and a lump in my throat built up along with my warming cheeks.

Courtney gasped dramatically but the two guys just stared at me, dumbfounded but I can't even look up and so I just let my head hung.

"You did what to my baby's car?" Courtney said, amused and overly dramatic, and I balled my fists in anger and embarrassment. I nip on my bottom lip, a habit I have yet to get rid of.

"It's all good though, it would've been better if she cleaned it. She just walked straight out, " I feel the sudden rage boil in me, my curled fists tighter that I felt like I lost my blood from them.

"Very disrespectful, " he said, his voice mocking me and snapping the last bit of patience left in me. "You told me to go, " I said angrier than I had agreed with myself, more of like a growl too. I braved to look at him and everyone else, and all I could see was his amusement.

Does he always find amusement in hurting people?

"You didn't offer to help, " he said, entertained by my rage as everyone else just watched in silence. I would've thought by now Christian would've stepped in and just let me go, but I guess it was too entertaining.

"Because — because" was all I could say as all the words in me seemed to dissipate in thin air and I was more enraged than ever.

Courtney laughs and Nathaniel stifled one. But when I looked at him in defeat, he quickly altered into a look of concern. I stared into Chase's eyes, squinting in rage as my fists trembled trying hard not to cry in embarrassment but the look of victory in his face just made me feel worse.

For a moment we stared at each other, fighting a battle that I ultimately lost, and I look down to the floor again. "Well, you seemed to be worse than I had expected," Courtney commented, and I knew that was the last.

"Fuck you, " came out lower and quieter than I had imagined in my head, "What, sorry darling I didn't hear you?" Courtney provoked and I hear Nathaniel and Christian's comments for her to shut up, but I have had enough. I wouldn't be stepped on by this low life skank who probably know more boy names than countries.

"I said, fuck you!" I seethed and the few people around us including Nathaniel and Christian gasped at my sudden outburst and Courtney's eyes narrowed towards me and I felt my rage grow. I've always had trouble controlling my anger but right now I don't care, I would pounce at her if I had too. "Wouldn't you like that? Bet that's because you haven't fucked—"

"That's enough, " Christian's voice suddenly boomed. It replaced the sweetness in his voice with an intimidating one. I clenched my jaw slightly, relieved that she hadn't said what she was going to, knowing I would've done something horrible if she had.

I glanced back at Chase and he now had an evil grin set on his face and I had to fight down the urge to hit him square in the face, but I refused to leave without standing my ground so I say,

"If your gonna embarrass anyone, maybe do it to your girlfriend since she seemed to stick to your web like an insect." I spat before walking away, not wanting to hear or see their reactions.

As I walked away, I hear a few mumbles and see a few stares my way but I ignored it knowing that if I had acknowledged them, I would have made things worse for myself, as I reached the open field where fewer people are I hear a loud boom from behind me,

"Waverly!" The sickening voice said and my pace quickened, not wanting to interact.

"Hey!" He continued and as I hear it closer I shout,

"Leave me alone, will you?" And walked faster and faster.

Why was he so mean? So adamant to embarrass me, humiliate me in front of people who seemed to like me, and now he's chasing me for God knows what reason. The audacity.

"Don't ignore me Wave, " he spat my name sounding like sirens telling me to stop and hit him but no, I continued but my shoulder locked into a hand and I'm pulled back harshly, the grip digging into my skin.

"I said don't ignore me!" He finally snaps loudly right on my face as he turned me around to face him and my breathing quickens and the anger in me seemed to disappear and turn into fear as I looked into his eyes, ablaze.

"What the fuck do you want from me? Aren't you happy that you already humiliated me enough?" I said with the last bit of anger in me, my eyes now brimming with fearful tears.

"I told you to be careful, I warned you, " he said, his tone still strong and ominous, and I felt my hands tremble even more. I know he did, but I didn't know why and I still don't know why. Was he capable of killing anyone?

My eyes traveled behind him and I found Nathaniel, Christian, and Courtney just watching while a crowd accumulates and I become dizzier and my heartbeat quickens, my anxiety slowly kicking in. But I only had to ask one more question, "why?" I cringe slightly at the tremble in my voice and he looked at me dead in the eyes, observing them.

The threat in them was clear and I fear for my life as I continued to stare through them and he speaks, his voice lower and more demonic than ever,

"Because I will ruin you. More than you could ever ruin yourself, "

I felt my throat tighten as his grip loosens and lets me go and as I expected him to give me a smug look or a smirk or amusement in his eyes; I got nothing but a last look before he turned around and walked back to the direction of his friends, leaving me there, dumbfounded, embarrassed and on a brink of a panic attack.

Thankful that I didn't exactly cry in front of him, I gathered as much strength as I could to balance myself and ignore the murmuring crowd before making my way back to the dorms.

As I entered the dorm, I couldn't help but just burst out into countless sobs and tears. My knees gave out as soon as I locked the door and I sat there hugging my knees to my chest, crying, and gasping for air.

How could someone be so cruel? I've done nothing to him, hell, I even tried being well nice to him and all he gave me was this? I didn't care if the group knew, but to have it said right in front of me is sickening. I can't believe that someone would go to that length to ruin me.

His words replayed in my mind, and I wondered what he meant by ruin. I knew what he meant, and I didn't want any of it, but a part of me is wondering why he would do that in the first place when I have done nothing.

As I drowned in my thoughts, my eyes closed to see the blazing eyes who screamed, "I will ruin you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 7.6K 66
"The Only Difference Between The Good Guys And Bad Guys Is Perspective." . . Scarlett Eve Pierce likes to think she's an average student that only ha...
309 2 15
Maddison's life as a 22 year old, conquering New York, is the most ideal life you could see in a magazine. Possibly even mistaken her for a runway mo...
28.7M 1M 39
{#1 in teenagers} {#2 in fiction} {#2 in popular} "You better not tell anyone about this." "Aw why not? I'm sure your fandom of desperate girls wo...
897K 35.4K 48
DEDICATION "To every person who has a wish to get completed by someone but gets shattered instead." Grace is a girl who always dreams of things which...