Defying Desires

By RubytheWritrix

I'm sure we've all heard this popular love quote that says; If you ever have to choose between two people, a... More

Episode 1- Disaster
Episode 2- Broken
Episode 3- Hope
Episode 4- Finally
Episode 5- First day
Episode 6- Affinity
Episode 7- Stranger
Episode 8- Speechless
Episode 9- Grateful.
Episode 10- Sparks
Chapter 11- Welcome
Chapter 12- Headlines
Chapter 13- Bold Kiss
Chapter 14- Confessions
Chapter 15- Promoted
Chapter 16- Exposed
Chapter 17- Confrontation
Chapter 18- Alaric
Chapter 19- New boss
Chapter 20- Fired
Chapter 21- Unstoppable
Chapter 23- Unexpected
Chapter 24- Collision
Chapter 25- Aftershock
Chapter 26- Rage
Chapter 27- Disbelief
Announcement
Chapter 28- Remorse
Chapter 29- Waves
Chapter 30- Irresistible
Chapter 31- Epiphany
Chapter 32- Hesitant
Chapter 33- Concern
Chapter 34- Inevitable
Chapter 35- Miserable
Chapter 36- Surprise
Chapter 37- Wasted
Chapter 38- Wasabi
Chapter 39- Battlefield
Chapter 40- Migraine
Chapter 41- Grey
Chapter 42- Confirmed
Chapter 43- Hasty
Chapter 44- Ignominy.
Chapter 45- Fallout
Chapter 46- Water or Wine
Chapter 47- Yes!
Chapter 48- Wedding

Chapter 22- Alpha

162 26 33
By RubytheWritrix

Alaric

Personality is the set of behaviors that evolve as one grows. That was the definition my teacher taught me. That saying does me no justice because my behavior certainly never evolved as I aged.

From a young age I was characterized as choleric. It only took a glance at me and you'd identify the personality trait I possessed. I didn't have to speak to you. Like magic, you would know.

From a young age, I never had friends. I never wanted them anyway. I yearned to be alone, on my way to master great confidence, great alpha male trait.

I was proud of who I was today.

Attitude, is the feeling or acting toward a person or a situation.

My attitude towards people like me were the exact way I treated myself. Things I hated; opportunitists, mediocres and soft, mushy people.

At age ten, I was kicked out of school. My teachers couldn't handle my behavior and my attitude. I never got in a fight, never threw a punch. But they still couldn't manoeuvre around me. I was homeschooled whereas, Alan the adorable boy was cherished by everyone.

Tests upon tests were ran on me to see if there was a medical condition to my odd behavior. There wasn't. I could be like Alan all loving and liked my everyone but no. That was for him. I loved the intimidation I caused. I loved being in control. I loved the fear I caused in people. I loved the dominance over everyone. I was an alpha male.

I lived my whole life with remarks like rude, wicked, asshole, senseless, heartless and every other bad word in the dictionary. But I didn't think of myself as any of those. I was just brusque. It took the right people to know me, to understand me. And if I didn't give that permit for to you know me, you wouldn't.

My mother was worried about me. Alan said I always made her cry. She was concerned about mental health and she feared I'd be alone forever. She didn't know, alone was my best company.

My father however, was pleased with me. He was satisfied with my behaviour. He saw me as the gateway for a better Starvnos. Well, most times.

I was a no-nonsense man and there was no way I would tolerate the foul mistake of anyone.

I walked into the office and I saw the shiver in the eyes of the idiots. How they stooped so low to win my favor, how they feared me. It was funny yet so satisfying.

As soon as they saw my car, there was an entire commotion in the organization.

Alaric is here.

The monster is in.

The asshole from hell has been unleashed.

My confidant and bodyguard Andrews always informed me about any person who insulted me. I didn't really give a damn about the slander but I had great pleasure firing them. So that was what I did.

I went into the private elevator with Andrews snickering from the scene on the first floor. They were like mice and pathetic chickens running from their predator.

You could always quit. I didn't give a damn.

"Keep an eye on them Andrews. Today I feel like firing ten idiots."

"Yes sir. I will."

I got to my floor. Exclusively furnished for me. Unlike the other floors that had receptionists, there was none here.

I slumped into my desk and my phone rang. I reached for it and snorted at the person calling, regardless I picked it up.

"Brother, how are you?" The voice chirped excitedly.

"If you called me to ask me how I am, please hang up or I will." I stated. I put the phone on loud speaker then settled it on the mahogany desk.

I loved Alan but I didn't feel remorseful being a jerk to him. He was soft and mushy and I detested people like that. All his life, he focused on being the doting one. Winning the affection of every person,  which he did.  He was lucky to be family, only God knew what he would endure if he wasn't my brother.I only tolerated him because he was the eldest too. 

"How's the company then?" He asked instead.

"It's been doing better than when you were here." I replied nonchalantly.

He was silent for a moment and I knew he was affected by my words. Twenty six  years of living with him, and this douchebag couldn't get used to me or learn one or two traits from me.

"You are so lenient with them,  Alan."

"Well, they're people Alaric, not animals. They work as hard and equal when pressure is applied and when it's not. You can't control everyone."

"Oh I love to disagree on that, brother. I can control everyone and I will. Anyways, how's the deal turning up?"

"They keep canceling. It might take a while. For now, I might stay in Greece a little longer."

"Just great. Gives me more time to eliminate more idiots."

"What have you been doing?" I heard the sigh in his voice.

"Just evacuating the incompetent ones."

"Alaric you have no right." His voice came up, almost.

"Oh I do. By the way, I also fired your slut girlfriend."

"Who?"

"The gold digger I saw in your apartment."

"Mia. First, don't ever subject her to your foul words and two, I swear to God if you don't get her back in the company Alaric. I'll__"

"What! I fired back. "You know me Alan. She's lazy and she doesn't qualify to work here."

"Give her your job back Alaric!"

"I'm not doing that. It's been two weeks since I fired her and I'm surprised she hasn't told you. I expected her to. You have no idea what I planned for her. Sucks she didn't tell you."

"Alaric."

"Listen, she's not working for me. You can get her in when you get back."

"Alaric, please. You know nothing about her. She's already had a tough life. You firing her made it worse." Alan exasperated.

"I don't care. Now I have to go. I'm going to  hang up unless you have something relevant to tell me. If I hang up and you call me again to talk about this slut, I'll block your calls."

I said and ended the call. A wicked smile appeared on my face. I was taken aback by how my brother was lovestruck with this girl. Typical reaction of a man who gets a whore to sprawl her legs wide open for him.

I got some document out, skimming through the lists of investors who wanted to plough money into the Charity and love agency.  Andrew came in with a cup of coffee and a bag of doughnuts. He was the only person allowed not to knock before entering.

"Thank you Andrew."

He smiled and tucked his hand in his pocket. "These are the names of those who said crappy things about you Sir."

"Thank you Andrew." Time to fire all these nincompoops who spend all day in profitless activities. I counted the names and they were eight.

Damn it, I wanted ten.

Nevertheless, I called Hailey and ordered her to submit the appraisals of the listed names.

In no time, she brought them and I carefully went through each one of their performances. When I was done, there were five idiots I had to get rid of.

I didn't mind if you insulted me but still performed your duties diligently. I only got infuriated when you don't do your work, yet you have time to snub your boss. 

First person to fire.

"Get Keziah Luna to my office instantly."

"Good morning Sir." My head was bent in my documents. I did this only to savour in the fear that wrapped around their voices when they came into my office.

"Mrs Luna, you're fired." I stated, staring at her now bubbly teary eyes. I just ruined a life and I was euphoric. When she started sobbing, that tore my patience wire. The folly of a fool.

"Mrs Luna, leave my office now, would you. Now remember the next time you're hired into another job, you'll learn to keep working rather than to jibe at your CEO. Now scurry your wretched self out of my building."

"Please Mr Starvnos, I'm sorry. It won't happen again." She got on her knees and started pleading like her life depended on it. And it did.

Nothing I hadn't seen before. Even the men got on their knees when I fired them except my brother's slut. She displayed a whole new act. I was almost baffled.

"Security, report to my office and carry Mrs Luna out. She's ruining my floor. "

"Don't forget to submit your card, Mrs Luna." I laughed when the security shimmied her out.

One by one, the exhibition of humiliation and weeping was completed.

I proceeded to calling the names of the investors, but I started to feel hot and beads of sweat formed on my forehead. I went forth to my shelf and brought out a needle. I puffed out a loud breath, wiping the sweat off my forehead, and ready to narcotise, when my door flared wildly opened.

Shock and terror scribbled on the face of the woman standing at my door. I cursed loudly as a deep growl of anger and vulnerability ripped from my throat.

"Get the hell out of my office!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

425K 19.6K 45
This book is a RomCom book(Romance comedy). Read if you love laughing.😊 CURRENTLY EDITING AND WORKING ON RE-WRITING. PLEASE IGNORE SOME IMMATURE THI...
8.1K 1.1K 39
I stepped forward and asked, "Where do you want me?" It took me a second to realize what I just said. Shit! I placed a hand on my crimson face and mu...
105K 3.8K 42
At lightning speed I threw open the covers of the bed , checking for any trace of missing clothing ; Every ounce of my fiber, of my being was yelling...
1.1M 43.1K 80
"And lo, the beast looked upon the face of beauty, and beauty stayed his hand. And from that day forward, he was as one dead." Carl Denham ***** As M...