Dark Paradise | Kylo Ren | X...

By adamscustomrat

You've recently become a nurse serving the First Order. So far your life was uneventful and unimportant...you... More

2 The Letter 2
3 Loyalty 3
4 Talk To Me 4
5 Raw Temptation 5
6 Intoxicated 6
7 Remember To Forget Me 7
8 Bad Girls Like You 8
9 You Asked For It 9
10 Foreign Feelings 10
11 Irresistible 11
12 Where Are You When I Need You? 12
13 I'm Here Now 13
14 You Know Where To Find Me 14
15 The Forbidden Act 15
16 Care For Me 16
17 Angel 17
18 I'm In Charge 18
19 One Step Forward, Two Steps Back 19
[Important Announcement]
20 Let Me Make It Up To You 20
21 A Night On Canto Bight 21
22 You're My Weakness 22
23 Fight For Me 23
24 Know Your Place 24
25 My Pretty Girl 25
26 Deepest Darkest Secret 26
27 Stay With Me 27
28 It's Me, Angel 28
29 Lost Without You 29
30 All Yours 30
31 I Promise 31
32 No Turning Back 32
33 Home 33

1 Tend To 1

27.9K 414 568
By adamscustomrat

The scene surrounding you was chaotic and fear lingered throughout the air. The war between the First Order and the Resistance had been transpiring for years and you'd just gotten word that some of the top officials had left the Finalizer to help put an end to this feud. All you really knew was that multiple star destroyers had been under attack, causing the retreat of wounded stormtroopers.

Only a few months into training, your nursing skills weren't exactly top tier. You'd never experienced anything this stressful before and only assigned to care for one patient so far wasn't bad but...they just kept flooding in. You rushed to aid storm trooper LN-456. With a collapsed lung you had very little hope that he'd pull through, one of your best friends Lydia had joined you in the Medbay.

"Finally another nurse." your tone was overcome with relief.

"This is crazy, what even happened out there?" She let out a hard breath.

"I'm not sure, talk later."
You needed to get to work.

Another nurse, Emerson, had raced over to the patient you were caring for, this was the most critical case and she became aware that you needed some assistance. You were struggling to keep it together, accidentally knocking items off the counter with your elbow, trying to find a ventilator.

"Emerson can you take over for a minute please?" You pleaded with desperation.

"Yeah of course I got this" She seemed certain.

"Thank you."

"Psst Lydia come here" you whispered.

"What's wrong?" She furrowed her brows.

"He's not going to make it, LN-456, he- he isn't gonna make it" you breathed heavily.

"Okay, okay...I'll have Emerson take care of it, it'll be fine...cmon they need our help." Lydia's words were reassuring.

She knew how nervous you were and had delt with stuff like this all the time, you were so lucky to have her here. You both raced down the hall seeing where your help was needed, she found a new patient that needed to be treated and you guys parted ways.

"I'll see you later. you got this, holler if you need me and be safe." She gave you a pat on the shoulder.

"Thanks, you too."

You continued walking when a sudden parade of people came running up behind you, reeling a gurney. You whipped your head around so fast your neck ached from whiplash. They were top officials from the first order, faces overcome with desperation and terror.

"NURSE, WE NEED A NURSE NOW!"
The expression on Hux's face was like nothing you've ever seen before. Sheer panic...he was white as a ghost.

"Me, here I'm- I'm a nurse." You spoke with confidence despite your overwhelming anxiety.

"You need to save him, do whatever you have to." He spat at you with frustration.

"I- I'll try my best sir. I need some space please!" Your heart rate increased at the thought...this patient's life was now in your hands.

As the crowd parted you had yet to recognize who it was that you were hustling to reel into the nearest room. Hux's words bounced off the walls in your cranium, you took a deep breath and composed yourself...this patient appeared to be very important.

As you settled the gurney down, you finally took a quick glance at the patient's face. You froze, still as ever you were shell shocked. This was Kylo Ren, First Commander...Kylo Ren. You'd rarely seen him, but never without his mask on before. You came to your senses and realized there was no time to be star struck. You had a job to do.

He seemed to be falling in and out of consciousness, you reached for a pulse and were relieved it wasn't abnormal. Eyes scanning his body to examine the injuries, the only two seemed to be on his cheek and lower abdomen. From the looks of it he'd been grazed by a blaster. Nothing too serious, he would be okay. You needed to make sure he was stable enough for you to treat his wounds so you reeled over the IV stand and pricked the engorged vain in his arm. He didn't seem to flinched at all.

You grabbed the supplies and suture kit needed to stitch up his lacerations, as you shifted closer to get a better look, his eyes shot open. They were an aesthetic shade of hazel...pupils black and dilated like minuscule buttons, glistening under the medbay light.

"Where the hell am I, w- what happened." he sat up quickly from the gurney, stuttering with frustration.

"C- Commander you're in the medbay you've been injured...you need to lay back down sir." Your voice shook.

"I'm fine, I have to get back." he was more than eager to leave.

"Sir I'm sorry but you can't leave yet, Hux gave me direct orders to keep you here."

"Fix me up then I'm gone. I'll deal with Hux later." His tone was angry and demanding.

"O- ok." You nodded.

You needed to obey Kylo's command, you were petrified of him...so was everyone else. As you began to treat his wound, a small wince left his lips and he let out a loud sigh...he seemed embarrassed of his own discomfort.

"S- Sorry sir."

"Mmhm." He mumbled. Kylo appeared to be annoyed, this was surely an inconvenience for him. He was the first commander he definitely didn't have time to be getting injured.

Thankfully the IV seemed to be bringing color back to his face, he appeared fully aware of his senses and surroundings now. Hux may have been overreacting to the severity of Kylo's wounds. You figured the General would be penalized for any major or fatal injuries of the first commander, that's why he made such a scene back there. Classic General Hux.

You scanned his face as you cleaned the cut and were immediately captivated by his cheekbones. So high and pronounced...his face was chiseled like an ancient Greek statue. Your eyes shifted to his hair, until now you hadn't noticed...black like a stallion with waves that framed his face perfectly. You traveled back to his wound when you noticed him staring back. Your stares locked with one another's and shivers danced up your spine. You were almost hypnotized, caught in his gaze.

Nerves caused your stomach to contort and you broke eye contact; your eyes fluttered as you tried to pull yourself together. You just needed to stitch him up then he'd be on his way...you had a job to do.

The slash across his face seemed it would heal on its own but he would need stitches elsewhere. You leaned to lift the black cloak covering his stomach.

"May I?" You gestured towards his abdomen.

Kylo didn't bother to speak, only nodding his head. You gathered the blood soaked fabric and lifted it, revealing his toned core.

Keep. It. Together, you thought.

You proceeded to clean his wound. The skin was tender as you pinched the two folds together, this time he wasn't fazed by the pain. You finally finished stitching him up and let out a hard breath you didn't know you were holding. Wiping away the sweat beads that had collected near your hairline, you carried on.

"Okay, all set. You may wanna be careful to not rip those stitches, you took a pretty good couple of hits. Take it easy for the next few days commander." your voice was anything but steady.

He gave you a look of approval. Not bothering to thank you.

"No need to be so nervous nur- his hand found its way up to the name tag pinned over your left breast. "Nurse Y/N."

Silence.

"I- I um you stuttered." You were frozen; a deer in headlights.

What a fool you were, unable to even form a simple sentence. Kylo smirked and proceeded to get up slowly. Before you could say anything else he disappeared out the door clutching his side. His cape swept across the floor behind him. Boots loud, they smacked the white tile floor in the distance.

You shouldn't have let him leave so early, but he seemed to be okay. Right?

You reassured yourself that he would be just fine.

As you trotted over a few rooms down, Lydia happen to be treating another storm trooper and she caught you in the doorway.

"Whew, hey. I think the chaos is finally dying do-"

"Lydia." You stammered, cutting her sentence short. "Sorry I need to tell you, my patient just now. It was Kylo, Kylo Ren."

"Y-you saw him?" She blinked hard in disbelief.

"Yes, he's um...well um he's gorgeous." You looked down and let out a slight laugh.

"Oh my stars is he stable now?"

"He left actually, he was stable...enough." You sounded uncertain.

"Well you're lucky aren't you, treating the Commander of the First Order." She giggled, teasing you.

You rolled your eyes and laughed.

"I need to hear more if you run into him anytime soon, seriously."

"Yeah yeah, of course...actually I do hope I see him again." You blushed.

"I hope so too." She smiled in support.

"It's been a long day I'm gonna head back to my room, try and get some sleep." You said.

"Good idea, I'll talk to you tomorrow. Nice work today."

"You too, Goodnight Lydia."

"Night."

While heading back to your room, a smirk seemed to take home on your face as Kylo's eyes clouded your memory. Were you already thinking about him...?

You finally arrived and began undressing, changing into your plain white pajama set. The first order forbid luxury items, that included any type of clothing that made one feel the slightest bit unique. Everything had to be the same...meaning everyone who wasn't of high ranking had to be the exact same.

You washed up and sighed plopping down onto your bed. You began to reminisce on your interaction with Kylo...why were you so hung up on him? The thoughts were loud and hard to ignore, but you needed to rest you, were completely wiped out. You got into your covers and laid down, head resting on your pillow. It must've taken about a half an hour or so for you to fall asleep, but eventually you drifted off.

Before you knew it, it was morning and Lydia had just barged in to wake you up.

"Morning!, cmon lets hit the cafe before shift starts ."

"Morning" you sounded groggy and a bit annoyed. You were definitely not a morning person.

You had gotten ready rather quickly. While flinging your stethoscope over your neck, you snatched your data pad and made your way down to the cafe. Both you and Lydia scarfed down some breakfast and grabbed lunch to go for later, then you were on your way to work. You parted ways with her considering you had somewhat different jobs in the nursing department, aside from treating patients. You did most of the cleaning and restocking. Being fairly new here, you didn't have the experience that she had. Lydia had been here for the past three years, she did the all charts and cared for patients full-time.

About an hour or two into work, after unpacking and organizing the new orders of meds, you worked up quite an appetite.

You didn't have many friends except Lydia, Emerson and a few others. They were all very busy though so you decided to eat lunch for the second time this week in the storage room. Flipping over an old crate, you sat yourself down on it. While unwrapping your sandwich you heard an angry voice calling your name outside.

"You."

"Yes?" You cautiously rose from your sitting position; it was Hux...and he appeared as if he wanted you six feet under.

"My Office now."

"O- Ok sir." You stuttered.

Although you were scared and confused, you were also annoyed. You honestly just wanted to eat, you tried your hardest not to roll your eyes at him. Side by side, you and Hux walked swiftly throughout the hall. Once you entered his office your eyes widened as you saw Kylo sitting at the end of the conference table. His black mask with minuscule red cracks in it sat perfectly on his head. He looked so professional, so...dominant. Black leather gloves engulfed his abnormally large hands that were propped up on the table.

"Sit." Hux demanded.

You sat across from Kylo at the other end of the table, Hux sitting between you both.

"So you went against my orders and discharged this patient I see?" He gestured to Kylo.

Oh kriff.

"Sir, he was stable enough to be released. I treated his wounds and sent him on his wa-"

Kylo interrupted, removing his mask and setting it on the table.

"We aren't doing this today General. I don't have the patience to deal with you. I gave her orders to let me leave. She followed my orders, and as far as I'm concerned, my authority is superior to yours in every way possible." Kylo didn't seem to have time for Hux's nonsense.

"You've got to be kidding me. You're berating me for being concerned about your health and safety." He scoffed.

Kylo leaned into Hux's face and squinted, sizing him up like a middle school bully.

"We both know you could care less about what happens to me. You just want to keep your rank as General, you're petrified to be anyone or anything else. Pathetic. This meeting is dismissed."

Hux let out a sigh and went to open his mouth, but instead ate his words while nodding his head. You could cut the tension between them with a knife. It made you more than uncomfortable to be the root of this problem.

Kylo grabbed his mask and rose from his chair. His tall figure towered over you and you looked up at him with eager wide eyes.

"My orders over Hux's any day."

"Yes Commander." You nodded. You felt as if a brick were sitting on your chest as the words rolled off your tongue.

"Good." He let his gaze linger a second longer, staring directly in your eyes.

Your breath shuddered and your palms began to sweat. Kylo crept past you, his cape brushing slightly across your arm; he made his way out of the room.

[Author's Note:] I hope y'all are enjoying so far tysm for reading!

XOXO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 298 54
The Head Technician of the First Order. An orphan from Corellia. Ree Keelor. One day, fixing a broken cooling system, the next, being taught how to w...
61.9K 1.7K 51
*STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS* You've been training with Emperor Palpatine for years. You've gone on assignments before but nothing like this one... This...
147K 2.7K 21
His face was just inches from mine. I smelled a fruity aroma coming from his hair. His perfectly shaped lips were too close for comfort. Kylo's brow...
4.1K 177 18
•STORY IS FINISHED • Read my conversations for info• ----- You are a technician on the Supremacy, well you used to be. Kylo Ren, the Supreme Leader o...