BROKEN BEYOND REPAIR

By LawyerESH

Alexia King:- The 21-year-old female protagonist and youngest daughter of the business tycoon, Xavier king, h... More

PROLOGUE
KEVIN EMERSON
KEVIN EMERSON
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
KEVIN EMERSON
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
KEVIN EMERSON
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
KEVIN EMERSON
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
KEVIN EMERSON
ALEXIA KING
KEVIN EMERSON
KEVIN EMERSON
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
KEVIN EMERSON
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
KEVIN EMERSON
ALEXIA KING
KEVIN EMERSON
ALEXIA KING
KEVIN EMERSON
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
ALEXIA KING
KEVIN EMERSON
XAVIER AND ALIANA
EPILOGUE
A NEW BOOK?

KEVIN EMERSON

3K 140 20
By LawyerESH

The next day, I return to New York to cross-check my update for that I need to contact Kings.

I visit King's Mansion where only Aliana is present.

"It'll take a couple of days to gather information" She updates me on her findings.

"And afterward?"

We can't let Daniel roam freely for his crimes and especially when we are in the middle of an interrogation. He can alert the culprit if he knows them.

"We will handle him" She smirks and I get the feeling that whatever she has planned I don't want to know.

"Prison?"

"Pst! No. First I'll handle him until we find the real culprit and then we'll handle to law"

We chat some more and then retreat to catch some sleep but before that, I call Xia.

"Now what?" and her voice is to die for.

"Was just thinking about you"

"Is that so?"

"You don't believe me? "

"Why would I?"

"Because.."

"Huh-uh?"

"I----like you"

"You like me?"

"Yes"

"Then tell me what is keeping you so busy?"

Not again, Woman.

"Cat caught your tongue?"

"I wish, I could explain you"

"I am listening"

"Will you give me some time?"

"Give me one valid reason"

"Because you want to believe me, you want to listen to me, you want me, Xia"

"I'd like nothing more than bursting those bubbles of yours"

I laugh at her denial.

"You're annoying" She complains.

"You love me still" She intakes sharp breathe.

After a long pause, she whispers, "I don't love you, Kevin"

I don't need any more explanation.

"Whatever helps you sleep"

"I don't have time for your childish tricks"

"I missed our bickering"

"Don't you have someone to entertain you?"

"Don't remind me" I groan.

"Whatever"

We both fall silent and I don't know when I slept but wake up at midnight because of the same dream. I check my phone and the call is still going.

"Xia" I whisper but I hear only even breathing and listening to her, I drift back to sleep.

This time I wake up relaxed and my hand on their record reaches my phone. She is not on call anymore. With a sigh, I go through my morning routine.

Someone knocks on the door.

"Come in"

"Good morning, Sir"

"Morning" I seriously forgot his name.

"Mrs. king wants you to join her on breakfast table"

I nod and reach Kings' Mansion where not only Aliana but two more women are present. I have checked their background as vaguely as possible without hindering their privacy.

Sophie Angel Harrington, wife of Duke Harrington and sister of Xavier King.

Stacy David Clarke, wife of David Clarke and sister of Xavier King.

Twin sisters. I also know the story of Sophie Harrington's accident and her relation with Aliana King.

They are a close family. Extremely close.

"Kevin, meet my sisters-in-law, Angel and Stacy, and ladies, this is Kevin I have been telling you about" Aliana introduces me to the identical twins, same eye color as Xavier

"Aliana here was speaking so fondly of you," Angel says hugging me whilst Stacy was standing with an ear-to-ear grin on her face and I'm afraid if her face might split any second now.

"Apart from all we heard of you, you're the only friend of Alexia we are meeting" Stacy hugs me next.

"I'm here to handle my Dad, Benjamin Emerson's unfinished business with Xavier"

"We know Ben"

Angel and Stacy smile with surprise and I get the feeling not many people have the privilege to address them so familiarly. 

"How's Alexia doing? My poor child" I grit my teeth angrily hearing Stacy's choice of words.

"She's doing just fine by herself"

"How's she coping u-" Aliana interrupts Stacy.

"Let's have breakfast first. We can keep questions for later"

We make our way to the breakfast table where they talk about brands and fashion but their torture doesn't stop there, they try to involve me in their chit chat and I have no idea which brand or color they are talking about but I'm somewhat relieved when I notice Aliana be as bored as me. My happiness is short-lived when she starts enjoying my discomfort and adds topics of periods, cramps, babies, and diapers. Aliana is evil. She is enjoying way too much for my liking so I tune them out, especially Aliana but Xia's name catches my attention and I imagine taking care of Xia in her periods, giving her massage and feeding her and my way too destructive mind, shows me the image of Xia and me, playing with our baby and she is teaching me how to change diapers.

Now many people would think that I'm getting ahead of myself but in my life, I have never been certain of anything as much as I'm certain of my future with her. I don't see any without her.

A throat clearing snaps me back to reality where Aliana is giving me a secret smile and her eyes color is light green now, the same as Xia's. So she got her mom's bright and happy eyes.

Angel and Stacy leave by evening then Aliana and I cook dinner for Xavier and Xander.

"How are you maintaining your classes, Kevin?" Aliana asks when I am chopping carrots.

"I have my friends recording online classes for me. I'll have to study extra hard next week" And after 2 days I'll meet Xia.

"Alexia is a bright student. She'll help you in your studies"

My smile vanishes but I nod.

"Anything wrong?" She asks worried and I wonder what would it have been liked if I had my mom now. I could have shared everything with her.

"It's nothing" I turn my back to her.

"Kevin, I know it's overwhelming but the moment you informed me you have your flight to catch and that too earlier than we could have managed, showed me how much you care for her and think about her well-being. And when you snapped at us, I saw your pain, the pain only a lover could feel. I know you love her and she is lucky to have you. But when I see the smile on your face on the mere mention of her name, I know you're the one for my baby girl. I know you love her the same as her father loves me. As a mother, I'm asking you to share your problems with me because in these 3 three days, you have become our family now and it's not because you are helping us. You are the man who is hell-bent on protecting your love"

"Her feelings are not as strong as mine"

I don't want to increase her expectations high when doesn't love me enough. She keeps pushing me all the time. But she craves for me, my attention, my care, and for my love and when I give all these things to her, she pushes me again. I know how I can provide justice to her but I don't know how to heal her pain, how to make her realize she is more than what I ever could deserve. I don't know how to make her understand that a diamond will always shine despite the scratches or darkness around it. She is my diamond who shines my world but she is broken and I've to make her see herself through my eyes, how beautiful, strong, and a fighter she is. She can push me far enough but I'll always find my shelter in her heart and that'll be the day when I'll finally be happy.

"I call it a shit load of crap" 

"Exactly my thought"

We bump our feast and continue cooking while she tells me about the childhood of a woman who has long lost it.

                                                             *****************************

"We found that Daniel was blackmailed by Alexia to lie. It's shocking to imagine my 14-year-old daughter blackmailing a doctor but I guess her incidents taught her to survive to any extent and her survival instinct kicked to save herself from someone" Xavier tells us.

We are sitting in the living room after dinner.

"What she could have on him? And then he resigned and flew all way across the world just to save himself from you people. What could be more threatening than life imprisonment for him to take the risk?" I ask baffled.

Just when I thought we are getting close.

"One of the women was Dr. Daniel Phil's wife, Jessica Phil. When his 26-year-old daughter who was also an intern in the hospital, came to change her dressing, Alexia threatened that she'll expose her mother if she doesn't make her father agree to the plan. And to save his family he did as he was told because he knew Kings will destroy them if Alexia lifted one single finger in their direction, proof or no proof" Xander clench and unclench his fist.

I immediately bring out two photos hearing Jessica's name although her surname is different.

"Is she his wife?" I ask them.

"Yes. How you reached here?" Aliana mutters.

"That's not the point. I can't speak much until Xia decides to. The point is that we got one woman and now she'll lead us to other too"

"We brought Daniel with us, he is currently in our warehouse but we can't find his daughter or wife. He is separated from them since Alexia left the hospital that day. They are underground and someone who knows and someone from the family is providing security to them and I'll go as far as saying it's our security against our security"

It's not rocket science to figure who the genius is.

"Alexia is protecting them. She's still in contact with her miscreants. We are searching for them and she is hiding them from us. Why?" I complete for him but I know the answer.

She is protecting her family but the reason is unknown to me. When I asked her for the reason she is hiding their identity, she told me the truth has the power to destroy her family.

"What's going in her mind?"

"We will have to find out soon" Aliana sounds as if she is thinking a mile a minute.

"Then let's not delay anymore"

I bring out the picture of Rebecca Mathew. 

"Shit!" Xavier stands abruptly and Aliana's head hangs low.

"I fucking should have known" He curses some more and paces in the living room.

"This is my mistake. I did this to my child"

Aliana is too shocked to calm her husband down.

"Fuck hell"

"Dad" Xander walks to him.

"Don't punish yourself for something you might have done in the past"

Xavier's glistening eyes move back to the picture.

"I did this to her"

"No, you didn't" Aliana snaps at him and captures his face between her hands.

"If anyone is to blame for this then it's us. You were not alone. I was right there for you and I am not going to sit back and let you blame yourself for the mistakes we committed. We are in this together. You are the best father a child could ever ask for. You are her hero, love. You are our hero. Don't do it yourself. Don't" She hugs him and he calms down several notches. 

I let them have their moment.

Aliana holds his hand and walks back to me with guilt in her eyes.

"She was engaged to Xavier for a while but I came into the picture and after that, time passed, we have forgotten all about her but then she came back in our life pregnant with Mathew's baby. She almost broke their marriage but the baby was consumed wrongly. We dragged her to court and won the case of custody of the child"

"That child is Victoria" I state without an iota of doubt.

No doubt Xia hates her.

"We never let her meet Victoria. We were cruel"

I don't console them. I don't know their entire story to judge them. Is this the reason Xia blames her parents?

"She is one of the women. She could lead us to the last one. My PI already is searching for her"

"You'll never find her" Xavier whispers not taking his eyes from the picture.

"Why?"

"She's dead"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 371 51
"I think Mr.knights has anger issues." Just as those words slipped out from my mouth Mr.knights turned and in the blink of an eye, I was slammed aga...
1M 40.5K 42
[THIS BOOK CONTAINS MATURE THEMES WHICH IS ACCEPTABLE FOR 18+ READERS ONLY] "Yes?" His deep voice growls. It's so deep, so velvety. I can feel myself...
3.2M 43.9K 16
Player's Game | Book 1 | 3.3M on 19.03.2018 | IN PROGRESS OF EDITING 2020 "Continue to play along babe" he smirked down at me before he pecks me on t...
222K 7.3K 30
I look at him weirdly and before I know it his lips are on mine and his hands are in my hair. God his lips are so soft. I forget about what was going...