Pulse || Harry Styles

By Fantasiastoriess

When Laura is sent into cardiac arrest what will she do when she finds out she has heart failure? How will sh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 84
Chapter 85

Chapter 83

268 5 1
By Fantasiastoriess

Laura's POV

To say I was unprepared for what's to come was an understatement. I've only been to a few "big" events in my entire life but those really only consist of school meetings, job interviews, and graduation.

Harry was used to this kind of lifestyle but I wasn't and I'll admit I am scared. My hands were already trembling by the time we arrive.

"Are you alright? You look pale"

Harry smiles gently trying to ease my nerves by placing his warm hands on the small of my back. I look into his eyes and feel my heart rate skyrocketing the more aware of this I become.

"J-just a little n-nervous"

I stutter, trying to pull myself together to not embarrass Harry and his very wealthy, well known, good looking family name. I could already hear people yelling and paps taking a thousand photos a minute as the car pulls closer and closer to the entrance.

Harry looks at me sympathetically as I take a deep breath in.

"You'll be alright love, just a bunch of regular people like you and me"

He tries to reassure but I scoff internally to the fact that he actually believes the people tonight are "regular."

Once again his lips are being placed on my cheek as he chuckles softly at my panicked state.

"I love you"

He whispers and it honestly took me a moment to control my thoughts before I somewhat calm down for the first time in a hot minute.

"I love you too"

I beam, totally forgetting about the crazy situation outside the car.

Before I knew it the car was stopping and I was forced to suck it up as Harry unbuckles and leaves the car. I join him on the other side as I was nearly blinded by the vast majority of paps flashing their lights at us.

I feel Harry tugging on my waist as we walk up to the events red carpet. I try to maintain my composure as various questions are thrown my way.

"Harry, is this your new lover?"

"Laura! Looking marvelous tonight"

"What's it like being Harry's new girl?"

"Harry, can we expect a ring in a few months?"

I don't answer any questions because Harry debriefed me the night before.

The night before...

"Long day?"

I smile at a very tired Harry who seemed to be void of sleep these days walking through our bedroom door.

"Too long"

He hums walking towards the bed where I was sitting comfortably reading a book while I waited for him to come home.

Harry slumped next to me as I set my book down and slide my hands in his curls to comfort him.

"I missed you"

He mumbles cutely as my cheeks heat up and a smile covers my face.

"I missed you more, sorry I couldn't have lunch with you."

I say admiring his face as he breathes in and out slowly with his eyes closed.

"Why are you sorry? It was my fault I got a last-minute surgery"

His hands were now wrapped around my bare legs, almost cuddling them.

"I know but I feel like everything's been hectic and the gala is tomorrow so I want you to be happy"

I admit twirling my finger around one of my favorite curls at the top of his head.

"Don't worry about me baby, I'm fine. I've done this for many years now. I hope you're comfortable with everything?"

He throws back and I stay silent trying to figure out what to say.

I was excited of course but something deep in my gut was bothering me as I feel nervous about tomorrow.

"Laura?"

I snap out of it and see Harry has now opened his eyes and lifted his head to look at me. I shake my head and let out a breath.

"Sorry I just... don't know what to expect with these things. As you know I've never really had such an eventful life. I just don't want to mess it up and embarrass myself or you."

I confess slowly avoiding his piercing gaze as he begins to sit up and pull me towards his body.

"Laura... you won't mess up. I promise it isn't as crazy as it seems. I can tell you a few things if it will help? I mean I have done this for pretty much my whole life"

He chuckles as his hands grab mine.

I smile up at him

"That would be great"

I reply

"Harry how many more until your satisfied?"

A particular paparazzi asked that really struck a nerve deep inside of me. I've always seen videos about how rude and annoying paps can be to Celebs and this was a perfect example.

To my surprise, Harry didn't even seem affected at all.

Instead, he stops in the middle of the carpet, leading to many more paps screaming and flashing but he pulls me closer and looks down at me lovingly as my heart nearly stops.

"I'm very much satisfied"

He smirks and I nearly faint at the deepness in his voice as everyone around us awes and continues asking questions.

Harry starts walking again and we finally make it inside.

I take a huge breath before feeling my hand being gripped.

"You alright love?"

Harry winked as the cool air from the inside hits my face.

"Y-yes thank you"

I stutter as we finally get the chance to look at the beautiful interior design of the gala. Harry's mother did such a fantastic job as the theme was very elegant and simple. Various bouquets of white and yellow flowers fill the room along with the long white curtains that flow effortlessly.

"Harry! Laura! I was wondering when you would make it!"

I hear Anne's all too familiar voice scream and I instantly feel calmer seeing her happy face.

"Hi mum"

Harry says as he embraces her in a hug she was wearing a beautiful maroon dress that shows off her godly mom body and I really admire her beauty. She moves away from Harry and finally looks at me with her eyes widening.

"Oh my goodness Laura you look beautiful!"

She says in disbelief as she looks over my very long gown. I blush, dwindling my thumbs as she finally moves closer and embraces me in a hug.

"Hello... the gala is beautiful Anne"

I reply letting my head fall comfortably on her shoulder as I look at Harry talking with Robin and Gemma.

"Oh thank you darling I'm glad! it took a lot of work!"

She smiles with her perfectly white teeth as she pulls away and skids her hands up and down my arms in a motherly comfort way.

"The gala we host is very exciting and fun I hope you'll enjoy! You can always join me if Harry gets caught up with talking to "business partners"

She laughed playfully as Harry looks over in a confused way.

"I'll make sure to keep an eye out for you"

I wink, patting her arm before walking back over to Harry who very much welcomed me with open arms.

I greet Gemma and Robin and we talk for a good 15 minutes before Harry was dragging me into the main hall where everyone was socializing and drinking with crazy exotic dancers with fire running around.

Harry being the popular, well known, good looking person he is was instantly surrounded by many people wanting to talk and various desperate girls that fueled my jealousy.

Nonetheless, I keep my composure because at the end of the day I know he will forever get unwanted attention because he's such a kind and beautiful soul that no one can resist.

"This is my girlfriend Laura Rose, she actually is my miracle case I told you about"

Harry greets the 3rd group of people that's come up to us so far and I let out my best smile as everyone's attention is now on me. My heart jolts at the way Harry introduces me and he doesn't even hesitate to look down at me with find eyes.

"Hi nice to meet you"

I say, shaking the hands of an elderly woman and her husband who look as if they've just come from a great gatsby party. I also notice their younger-looking daughters with a little too much lip injections in my opinion but honestly, I can't judge them.

"Likewise, Harry and I worked a few cases together over the years whenever I'm in town. He's a very talented young man I must say."

The old man laughs as he sips an expensive bourbon on the rocks.

"Oh please Harvey you're too generous, I learned from the best"

Harry winks as he shoves Harvey's shoulder. I could feel the burning gaze of the younger daughters as they stare me up and down. I try to give them a friendly smile but they almost snort as they talk amongst each other in a way that reminds me all too well of high school.

"I have to ask because I'm so curious, what do you do sweetheart?"

The elderly woman asks as Harry and Harvey continue to relive old memories.

"I actually am a co-owner if a cafe downtown. I run it with a few of my friends"

I proudly say but the look of disapproval those me off guard.

"Oh I would've assumed you were a surgeon or at least a nurse"

She seemed shocked and I couldn't take the awful feeling in my gut as my insecurities come out.

"What a shame, I thought he'd at least have a decent girlfriend"

I hear one of the girls whisper and my heart sinks. A heavy weight is placed on my chest and I look over to a happy Harry who didn't even notice my uncomfortable encounter.

To avoid ruining his night I look around and try to find an escape route...

After a quick sweep of the room, I am almost losing hope before I feel a muscular pair of hands grab me by the shoulders and a deep voice screams out.

"Well if it isn't Bambi herself"

Liam... I could never be more thankful for him and Sarah than at this moment.

"Hello, Laura!"

Sarah beams and I embrace them In a hug as I completely ignore the snobby rich people.

"Liam, Sarah I'm so happy to see you"

I say and they probably don't realize how much I meant it.

"Yeah we were running a bit late because of Mrs. Perfect over here"

Liam jokes and by this time the daughters and elderly lady have moved on to another group of rich looking snobs.

"Hey who the hell do you think you are! You definitely took longer than I did!"

She shoves his shoulder and I laugh as they bicker. I missed having them around, everything has been so hectic this week I haven't had a good moment with either of them to catch up.

A rush of relief washed over me as I feel warm gentle hands caress my sides.

"Sorry baby, got a little caught up didn't I?"

He hums, pecking my temple As Sarah looks over.

"Well look who finally decided to pay attention to his best friend in the whole wide world"

I couldn't help but snort as Harry's demeanor changed from flirty to teasing in just a second at Sarah's words.

"Oh? My bad Lil minion"

Harry's nicknames for Sarah have grown exceedingly better by each passing day. Sarah's giddy smile changes to offended open mouth gawk.

"Lil minion? I'll have you know I had to pick up after all your mess when you left! I even looked after your precious girlfriend so I wouldn't be trying me!"

She was coming off as playful but for a split second my heart drops at the seriousness of the event. Harry even looks a bit off guard as he can't really reply to something like that.

Sarah seemed to notice our shocked state and punches Harry's arm.

"I'm joking Haz... you know I don't blame you"

She confessed and I need a moment to breathe before I can handle this.

"I need a drink"

I say calmly as I can before walking away from them.

The night was only getting started...

I have made the decision to go back and edit the story once this book is complete. I have gone back and felt very disappointed in the way I started this story and will only extend certain parts without really changing anything too drastic. I felt as if my writing was rushed and therefore sounds a bit cringy. But since the book has started My writing has evolved over the course of this book and I feel very proud of how it's turning out I just wished I planned more as it is my first ever book I've written. Anyway, I plan on having a second book but I have no idea when this one will be complete probably in the next 10 or so chapters but I thank you guys for all your support it means a lot! 

with love,

L.B.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 38 39
When Zoey and Harry find themselves both calling the same hotel home for an extended time, a friendship begins. A connection that started from conven...
170K 5.1K 61
She the patient, she needs patience in him finding a cure He has to be patient with her condition World class neurosurgeon Harry Styles is the last h...
420K 11.1K 46
All they want is to see their best friends -- who hate each other beyond belief -- fall in love. So they put a bet on it. ⇢ some mature content so r...
14.5K 276 31
•BOOK 2 OF HAILEY SERIES• Harry and Bailey were the best of friends whom turned into lovers. They were deeply in love with each other and everything...