ELUSIVE (Book 2)

By hidden_1nk

Sawyer & Opal, how it starts. More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER: 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95

CHAPTER 37

126 21 14
By hidden_1nk

Sawyer laughs at my reaction. His deep laugh echoes through the room and I'm afraid he'll wake someone up.

"Shh." I place my finger on my lips, urging him to shush. He rolls his eyes. He chuckles softly to himself, and raises an eyebrow. He's sitting on the floor with one knee up, his arm resting on that knee.

"So..." Sawyer begins.

The awkward tension is still here, slowly fading but still here.

"So." I pick at my lips, nervous.

"Who were those people?" I question, referring to his friends from earlier.

"I'm sure Jospeh told you." He states. He did but I want Sawyers version. More on Amelia. I change the subject.

"I don't like the bet." I shake my head.

"Afraid you're going to lose?" He teases and I stare at the cards I'm given. I doubt I'll lose but it's a fifty-fifty chance. And I want food.

I place a card down, ignoring him. He laughs again at how I'm acting and places a card down.

"Let's make it interesting." He raises an eyebrow, an evil smile displaying.

"I thought that was what the bet was for." I deadpan and he shakes his head.

"Every time you have to grab an extra card you have to do something I tell you." He says and my eyes widen. This could go wrong in so many ways.

"And if I refuse to do what you say?" I question.

"You have to eat a full jar of sardines." He shrugs as he places down another card.

"So a lose lose situation for me." I glare at him.

"Maybe, maybe not." He shrugs, his eyes full of mischief. I stare blankly at the card he just placed down. I don't have the color or the number so I have to grab an extra card. He notices my dilemma and smiles.

"You just like watching me suffer." I stick my tongue out at him and he smiles. An innocent sweet smile, as if he were a kid. I grab the extra card, thankful it's the color I need.

"Do you want me to tell you now or when the game is over?" He says and I sigh.

"Sawyer, do I have to?" I plead.

"Sardines." Is all he says. Sardines or what he has in mind? I haven't heard his idea, maybe I can do it.

"Fine, tell me." I roll my eyes.

"You have to paint or draw for me." He says, no details just him being  vague about it.

"Draw what?" I raise my eyebrow. I accidentally show him my cards and quickly hide them from his view.

"Just trust me." He says and he puts a card down.

I have a four plus card. I just have to save that card until the very end.

"Fine." I say through gritted teeth.

Sawyer grabs a few extra cards and we continue to play.

"How are you feeling?" Sawyer says, randomly through the middle of the game.

I'm looking through my cards for my next move not paying attention.

"Opal." Sawyer snaps his fingers. I finally look up, confused.

"What? Oh right. I'm feeling great." I say, waving my hand.

"Can you hurry up and put a card down?" I aggressively say. My competitive side taking over.

"I see you hate losing." He says sarcastically.

"I can't stand it. I need to win." I agree and  place down a card.

"Looks like you skip a turn and it's my turn again!" I say louder than intended, my voice full of evil enthusiasm.

I place a reverse card down and that makes him lose a turn again.

"Done going card crazy?" He raises an eyebrow amused with all the reverse cards I used against him. I have three cards left and he has about ten.

He finally places a card down, with a color I don't have. I glare at him and he chuckles.

I grab two more cards.

"What's it going to be?" I raise my hand to my forehead, waiting in anticipation.

He places his hand on his chin, thinking. But I know he already has the idea. He's had all the ideas since we started.

His hand is resting on his still upright knee and I playfully swing it off. "I know you have the idea, just tell me." I laugh with an eye roll.

"A massage would be nice." He says and my heart sinks.

"Sardines are sounding better and better." I mutter.

"What?" He says, "Should I throw in you having to sing also?" He questions and my mouth falls. There's no way I'm going to sing in front of him or anyone.

He taps on his chin, thinking about it.

"Nah, I'll save it." He smirks and I feel relieved. It's his turn to go, and he takes a few cards in.

I watch as he takes a lot of cards and I stop him.

"Wait a minute. You've been getting so many cards from the beginning. I'm so stupid." I shake my head. "You haven't been given ultimatums." I cross my arms.

"What are you talking about?" He raises an eyebrow, playing dumb.

"You have to do something I tell you to do. Or. Else. You. Eat. Sardines." I say slowly, reaching across and poking my finger against his chest. His eyes are are fixed on me, the corner of his lip puckered up in a half smirk.

"Took you long enough." His face is inches from mine and I realize the position I'm in. I'm almost straddling him, as he lays beneath me. His elbows keeping me and him up.

I quickly move back.

"Sardines." I proclaim again.

"Alright." Sawyers voice is deeper. He coughs and sits up right. He seems more serious and I stare at him.

"You alright?" I question and he finally looks up at me, nodding.

I don't believe him and try thinking of something he can do.

"You have to draw on a fake mustache and wear it for the whole day tomorrow." I laugh at my idea. Sawyer gives me a weird look and my face tinges red. It's a childish idea I know, but the only one I can come up with.

"Then you have to have lunch with me." He says and I start laughing.

"I'm not going to be seen with a guy wearing a drawn in fake mustache." I shake my head no, laughing in his face.

"So you draw it, and make it look real." His eyebrows bounce up.

"No, it has to look like a four year old drew it." I counter and he stares at me. He sighs out,

"Fine." He rolls his eyes.

"You can always eat the sardines." I say in a sing song voice and he flips me off. Oh how the tables have turned.

"Come on, it's your turn." His voice is ice but when I look at his face no trace of coldness. His eyes are playful as he playfully glares at me.

"Uno!" I shout. Showing off the one card I have.

"Fuck." Sawyer mutters, as he stares at his lame cards.

"Glorious victory." I mutter into my card as Sawyer hesitantly puts a card down.

"Loser!" I shout and place my card down. I sit there, staring at Sawyer. My face is gleaming with joy and satisfaction. All he's doing is staring down at my winning card. 

"You cheated." He says and my smile falls.

My heart beat starts to race and I look at him.

"What are you talking about?" I question, backing up as he moves closer to me.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. Don't play dumb." He accuses. I shake me head.

I back up into his dresser and hit my head on one of the knobs.

I look up at it and in a spit second I'm lying on the floor, facing up at Sawyer who is hovering over me.

He narrows his eyes at me before grabbing my hand and lifting my sleeves up.

"You're hiding cards." He continues to accuse. I shake my head at his madness.

"I am not." I counter, unable to move from his body pinning me down.

"But you are." He continues to search all around me. He leans lower, we are face to face. His hot breath fans over me and I close my eyes. The intensity of his look is causing me to breathe harder.

"If you don't give up the cards then I'm forced to kiss you. You forfeit."

I peep one eye open and his head is tilted to the side, waiting for my answer.

I stare at him, standing my ground.

He gives me a challenging look as he leans in closer to me.

"What are you doing?" I ask, as his face gets dangerously close to mine.

"You lost." He whispers and I shake my head, disagreeing.

"I did not." I protest, balling my fist and pounding the ground. But it's too late, my protest is futile. Sawyers kissing me, again.  As his lips touch mine I feel Sawyers sharp intake of breath. I have no idea what is happening right now or what I'm doing. But nothing in me wants to stop. I subconsciously have been wanting this to happen, and now it's here. I can taste the faint hint of bubble gum on his tongue as he opens his mouth to kiss me. And I let him. The heat radiating from him is warmer than the average person and inside his mouth burns, which draws me in closer. I've never felt the need to be so close to him before. My entire body burns with his radiant heat.

I turn my head swiftly to the side and he kisses me on the cheek. I start laughing, hysterically.

He gives me a confused look, as he tilts his head to the side, like a lost puppy. 

"I cheated fair and square." I laugh. I twist sideways and take a few cards out of my back, that I hid under my bra.

"I'm not stupid." Sawyer says and goes in for another kiss. "I knew you cheated." He continues to give me a series of small kisses that lead down to my neck and I instinctively move my head to the side. My eyes widen at this new sensation. Sawyer is sucking the side of my neck.

"What gave it away?" I question, my eyes close. I can't deny this feels so good.

He pulls away and looks at me, "The fact that you were wining." He chuckles and I glare. He moves back to a different spot on my neck.

I moan, heat radiating through my body once again. I feel him breathing against my neck, a soft moan from his mouth vibrates on my skin. My arms fly up to his hair and I softly tug at it, making him suck on my neck harder.

"I don't remember this in the bet." I say breathlessly. Sawyer laughs into my neck and looks at me.

"I thought you had a boyfriend." He says, his voice a low husky sound. He's staring down at me as I try regaining my breath.

"What?" I question.

"Jospeh." He says and I remember that Jospeh was trying to get under Sawyers skin.

"About that." I say, but Sawyer isn't paying attention anymore as his lips over take mine again.

I wake up the next morning groggy. I don't even know where I am. The bright light hits my face. I twist my body, ready to stretch. My back hurts, the last thing I remember is Sawyer kissing me.

I quickly sit up and notice I'm not in my room but in Sawyers. I look all around me, panicking. When I realize Sawyer is sleeping on the ground I exhale in relief.

I get out of bed and walk to his bathroom. I need to pee and leave. I can't be seen being in here. What will the others think?

I pee, quickly wash my hands and I yelp.

"What the... what is this? I don't even look like me!" I inspect myself in the mirror. I look like a mix between a cheetah and a stripper. Hickeys all over my damn neck. How could I have let this happen?

Sawyer is awake and watching me react to what he did to me. This isn't me. I don't let guys do this. But he isn't just any guy.

"No one will notice." He shrugs. "It suits you."

I glare at him. It suits me? It suits me?

"My own mother wouldn't recognize me if she saw me covered in this." I point to my neck. I count eight of them, all randomly places. Some still red and some smaller than others.

He snorts. "You're over reacting. Just wear a turtle neck." He says and pushes me out of the bathroom so he can pee.

"A turtle neck in the summer? The summer..." I groan. How the hell am I going to hide this? I don't give Sawyer time to answer me. I make a fast exist.

I quickly walk to the door and when I swing the door open, Avery is passing by. I don't have time to hide my neck and her mouth falls open. I try covering it with the shirt I'm wearing but I fail.

"I can explain." I wince at her reaction.

———————————————————————
Hey everyone!

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter :p

What are you guys doing to stay productive during this weird time??? 🤔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.6K 1.5K 60
[18+] READ TO FIND OUT!
Boys Do Cry By Janée

General Fiction

919 39 23
Sequel to #BoysDon'tCry so make sure you read it first ❤️
529K 15.1K 25
[COMPLETE] (Commemorating 300 follower Milestone! Thank you Everyone ♡) [If you are not one for mystery and suggestive topics, please do not read thi...
2.5K 99 15
Read to find out