The Shield || Draco Malfoy lo...

By RosieMarin3

YOU'RE MY FAMILY HARRY Melody is cousin of Harry Potter 'The boy who lived', her mother and father despised a... More

Synopsis
Cast
Prologue [0]
Dudley's Birthday [1]
The Letter [2]
Diagon Alley [3]
Making friends [4]
Hogwarts [5]
Flying Lessons [7]
Family History & 3-Headed Dog? [8]
Misconceptions about blood status [9]
The basics of Quidditch [10]
Spooky Season 🎃 & TROLL!? [11]
First Quidditch Match [12]
Christmas Time 🎄 [13]
The Mirror [14]
'Light' Reading [15]
The Dragon Egg named Norbert [16]
Detention in the Forbidden Forest 🌲 [17]
A warning ⚠️ [18]
Trap Door [19]
A game of Chess [20]
Clypeuso 🛡 [21]
We're not going home, not really [22]
Epilogue
Act 2
Prologue [0]
Dobby the house-elf's warning [1]
The Great Escape [2]
Can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page [3]
Jealous of your family [4]
This was a terrible idea [5]
It was a terrible idea [6]
A familiar face [7]
What if he hates me, Melody? [8]
Your mom is terrifying [9]
Cornish pixies, please don't pick on Neville! [10]
Mudblood [11]
Sleepover time! (Part 1) [12]
Sleepover time! (Part 2) [13]
Chamber of Secrets has been opened? [14]
About the Chamber of Secrets[15]
Polyjuice 🧪 [16]
Rogue Blugger and Elf 🏏 [17]
2023 Updates 😅 & GAME PLAN FOR THIS YEAR‼️

First day of classes [6]

587 13 11
By RosieMarin3

[04.05.20 ✔️]

⚠️I DON'T OWN ANY OF THIS PHOTO'S /GIF'S/VIDEOS ALL CREDIT TO THEIR OWNERS⚠️

⚠️ I DO NOT OWN THE 'HARRY POTTER SERIES' OR ITS CHARACTERS/STORY LINE ALL I OWN IS MY CHARACTER AND HER STORY LINE⚠️

———————————————————————————
——

-

NOTE:
🔝There is music up above 🔝

♡♡♡

❥•—•—•❥

Melody's pov.

Hermione and I were sat together at a table reading over some of the school material for this year. Although we are both muggle-borns my frizzy friend knew everything. I wanted to know more about the Wizarding world, she eagerly answered all my questions. Hermione was a bit eccentric and pushy but I found her to be a very good company, and a really good friend as well. It felt nice to finally make a friend, that wasn't my cousin.

Speaking of my cousin, I haven't seen him all day. He even missed breakfast in the Great Hall.

The door to Transfigurations opens revealing two adrenaline-filled boys running into class. Hermione shook her head in disappointment as I laughed. They looked around the classroom for Professor McGonagall before setting their sights upon a gray and black tabby cat.

"Whew, amazing, can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?" Rod said breathlessly to Harry.

With that the tabby cat jumped off the professor's desk and transformed into McGonagall, I smirked at their expressions as my jaw was slightly open.

"That was bloody brilliant," Ron exclaimed.

"Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Maybe if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket watch, one of you would be on time." McGonagall said sternly.

"We got lost." Rod nodded at Harry.

"Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats."

"Remind me never to be late to class," I whispered to Hermione. She let out an exasperated sigh but grinned.

❥•—•—•❥

After class with Professor McGonagall, we made our way down to the dungeon to Professor Snape's class, potions.

Now, this was a class I was most excited about. The whole idea of being able to make something like a potion was incredibly fascinating to me. Back home in the muggle world when I would make 'potions' people called me a freak or a wannabe witch.

Which is ironic now since I am a witch.

I've had books upon books about chemistry and information about different types of medicine. So being able to make something like that but magical is a dream come true. That's why I already read through half of the potions book this morning with Hermione. She already read the full book and was just re-reading it with me.

As everyone took their seats the classroom was pretty rowdy, but that quickly changed. The door slammed open, a man with black hair and coat walk through the room.

He seems a bit dramatic?

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to enjoy the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few," The professor quickly looked at the table full of Slytherins.

I quickly opened my journal and started writing,

"who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper," Snape pauses for a moment as he makes his way towards me and my cousin.

"Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confidant enough to not pay attention..." Hermione nudges Harry as Ron pokes me on my side to alert us.

"Mr. Potter, our new celebrity." Snaps says looking at Harry not even sparing me a second glance, "Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Hermione's hand skyrockets as Harry shrugs.

"You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" Hermione's hand shoots up again.

"I don't know, Sir."

"And what is the difference between Monkshood and Wolfbane?"

"I don't know, Sir."

"Pity," Snape mocked Harry, "Clearly, fame isn't everything, is it, Mr. Potter?" As Professor Snape turned his back, I spoke up without thinking.

"If you were to combine Powdered Root of Asphodel and an infusion of Wormwood, you'd brew a sleeping potion 'so powerful it is known as the Draught of Living Death." I took a deep breath before finishing looking down in my hands.

"A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. As for monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite." The class was silent.

I look to my left at Ron his mouth was wide open. To my right, Harry had looked like he was a deer caught in headlights. Slowly lifting my head I make eye contact with Professor Snape, to who is now in front of me.

"And how do you know this?" He asked in a low monotone voice.

Slightly gulping I sit up straight mustering all the confidence I have into my answer.

"By reading the textbook." I winced. That didn't come out the way I wanted it to.

"I read ahead and I've been doing some research of my own on potions. It's very similar to chemistry." My voice losing the confidence I had, pushing up my glasses from my nose.

Snape's face still neutral, walked back to his desk. My eyes started to slightly gloss with tears from embarrassment, before Snape's voice addressing the class.

"Ten points from Gryffindor," Harry and I wince.

I shouldn't have spoken.

"Then five to Gryffindor for Miss. Dursley's answer." My eyes bulging out of their sockets. I look around to my friends as they give me a proud smile.

Turning to the front of the class where Professor Snape I could see him slightly glaring at Harry but soften, just a little while looking at me.

I gave him a small smile before he started writing with his quail, ignoring me.

The rest of the class has started getting working on our homework.

Snape's eye watches the room as he wrote. He didn't want to admit it but he was impressed with my answer.

He wasn't the only one that was impressed as a platinum blonde hair boy was also staring my way.

❥•—•—•❥

"Eye of rabbit, harp string hum. Turn this water, into rum." Seamus says ponying his wand at A goblet of water.

"Eye of rabbit, harp string hum..." He stammers off.

"What's Seamus trying to do to that glass of water?" Harry asked.

"Turn it into rum. Managed a weak tea yesterday, before..."

Ron answered Harry as Hermione and I roll our eyes at Seamus antics.We all jump as Seamus flicks his wand at the goblet making it explode.

Now he doesn't have any eyebrows. I hand him my napkin which I dipped in a water goblet. Seamus quietly thanks me.

"Ah! Mails here." Rod informed the table. Harry and I share a glance across the table knowing that the Dursley don't send mail to either of us.

Several owls enter the Great Hall dropping packages to students. To my surprise I see Vlad. It was quite funny to see a black bat in a sea of owl flying together. Vlad drops a small package quickly I grab a piece of chicken and throw it into the air. He catches it and leaves with the other owls. Hermione looks as I grow another head.

"What I like bats." She's slightly whacked me with her book.

"You're insane." I stick my tongue out. Opening up the package I was pleasantly surprised to see something that I have forgotten at home.

It was a cassette tape and a pair of headphones.

Dudley...

Looking through the multiple tapes there were all my favorite songs that Dudley bought me. Within the pile of tape was a small note.

'I'm sorry mom called you a freak. I still think what are is weird but you're not a freak. Only Harry is. I'm making good grades at Smeltings.'
- Ducky

Ducky. He's such a dork but so kind when he wants to be.

"Hey, look!" Seamus yells, "Neville's got a Remembrall!" I look towards Hermione knowing that she will most likely know what that was.

"I've read about those. When the smoke turns red," the smoke turns red, "it means you've forgotten something." She tolded everyone.

"The only problem is, I can't remember what I've forgotten." I chuckle at Neville's forgetfulness.

I didn't notice that a small blush flashed across his cheek.

"Hey, Ron, Melody, somebody broke into Gringotts. Listen," Harry says reading from the Daily Profit, The wizard in world news.

"Believed to be the work of dark witches or wizards unknown, Gringotts goblins, while acknowledging the breach, insist that nothing was taken. The vault in question, number 713, had been emptied earlier that same day."

He pauses, "that's odd. That's the vault Hagrid, Melody, and I went to."

"Do you think it's connected?" I asked my cousin. He shook his head hesitantly not knowing the answer.

Quickly without even noticing I felt a small pulse from my wrist as I look down, there was nothing there.

Not good.

♡♡♡

———————————
——————-
———-

-

Sorry for the delay but now I have time to come back to writing ✍️ & sorry for the short chapter

___

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 198 17
Melody Riddle Book 2 Ready for her second year at Hogwarts, Melody Riddle has made it her duty to keep Harry Potter from returning to Hogwarts with t...
7.9K 301 50
Melody Riddle Book 5 Following the tragic murder of her mother by her father's wand, Melody has a lot to explain about her personal involvement in hi...
3.8K 78 17
Ten years after their parents were killed, Twins Harry & Liv Potter had been battling a disjointing life with the Dursleys. After inadvertently causi...
1M 48.6K 173
The legendary story of Harry Potter's cousin - saviour of the wizarding world. COMPLETED After Petunia's miscarriage - where Mr. and Mrs. Dursley ha...