You Are Worth Saving {COMPLET...

By enjoyce_life

--Vampire Diaries Fanfiction-- We're all born and one day we all die. But the world isn't that simple. We all... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Seventy-Five
Seventy-Six
Seventy-Seven
Seventy-Eight
Seventy-Nine
Eighty
Epilogue

Fifty-Eight

572 10 0
By enjoyce_life

Abby

Damon walks back into the room. In both hands he holds a cup of coffee. He walks back to my bed and hands one cup of coffee to Jeremy. Jeremy takes it and smiles, "thanks."

Damon takes a seat in the chair and sighs. "So, I called Stefan. He, Elena, Jenna and Alaric are on their way here," he says. I smile wide. "That's amazing," I say.

Damon smiles back at me and takes a sip of his coffee. "Are you sure you don't want anything?" He asks. I shake my head. "I am good, thanks," I tell him. "Really? Not even a sip of my blood? Maybe it helps," he says.

"That's not a bad idea," Jeremy says. I look back at him. His eyes are filled with hope. "You know what? You're right," I say.

Damon puts his coffee on a small table and stands up. His eyes go red and his fangs come out. He brings his arm to his face and bites his wrist open. I already see a drop of his blood falling down.

He takes a step closer to me and brings his arm to my face. I take a breath and grab his arm with both hands. I feel my body starts to shake as I bring his wrist to my mouth.

I put my mouth over his bleeding wrist and start to drink his blood. Damon puts his other hand on my head and pets my hair to comfort me.

I take a few sips of his blood and let go of his arm. Damon takes a step back and smiles at me. I take a few breaths. I didn't even notice I was nearly out of breath.

When I look at Damon, I see he breathes quick as well. If I didn't know better, I would think he is turned on right now.

Damon reaches out to me and grabs my hand. "Sorry, that really turns me on," he says. Oh, it actually turns him on... I have to admit, that makes me a little uncomfortable.

I look at Jeremy, who sits in the chair again. I didn't even notice he left the bed. I see how he tries to cover his face in his hands. He must be uncomfortable by what he just witnessed or maybe by what Damon just said.

The door of my room opens. I look over to it and immediately feel less uncomfortable when I see Elena running towards me. I sit up quickly and open my arms for her.

She opens her arms for me and hugs me tight. "Thank god," I hear her say. I know by her shocking shoulders and her broken voice that she is crying. I feel like I haven't stopped since I opened my eyes, but again I feel tears running down my eyes.

When I let go of Elena, Jenna walks towards me. We hug each other tight. Jenna pets my back and I can tell she is ready to cry as well. "I am so glad to hold you again," she says. "Me too," I tell her.

Then I open my arms for Alaric. I can see he tries to be tough, but he is ready to cry as well. "Glad to have you back," he says. I just hold him tight and enjoy the feeling of his hug. I don't know why, but his hugs are amazing!

Then Stefan walks towards me. I am not gonna lie, I feel a little uncomfortable hugging him. The last time I saw him, he killed Damon because he didn't want me and Damon to be together.

Still, I hug Stefan tight. The last memory of him may be bad, but I know he was there for me before then.

When I let go of him, I actually want to hug everybody all over again. "Thank you for coming here," I say with tears all over my face. They all smile. "Of course," Elena says.

Damon still stands by my side. He puts his hand on my shoulder to comfort me. I look back at him and smile thankfully.

"Let me just hug you again," Elena says and walks back to me. She hugs me again and I swear I feel how her hand removes Damon's off my shoulder.

I don't say anything about it and just hold her. Elena is the one I was most mad at when I left, but I still missed her. Even though I actually ran from her, she is my sister and I need her in my life.

An hour later, everyone sits in my room. They gathered some chairs from all over the place and put them in a circle around my bed. They tell me what they went through the last month and everything that happened that month.

Damon and I tell them about what we went through, but again we don't share all the details with them. I think Damon will tell Stefan everything, but not now.

I know Elena wants to know everything. Every single detail and everything we felt. But I don't tell her. I don't want to go through it again and I don't want her to go through it.

"Do we know anything about that guy that did this to us?" Damon asks. "You can't just go after him, Damon," Jenna says. Damon smiles at her, "I'm just curious."

I know that's not true. He wants nothing more than to go after that guy and kill him in the most painful way he can think of.

"We don't know anything. We just have to wait for Liz to find him," Alaric says. Damon sighs, "dammit."

I look at Damon and reach for his hand. He sits close to me so I grab it and hold it. "They'll find him," I tell him. Damon smiles at me and holds my hand with both his hands.

I hear an annoyed sigh from the other side of the room. I look into Damon's eyes and see he rolls them, getting annoyed as well.

"Something you want to say, Elena?" Damon asks. We both look over to her. Just like we thought she looks annoyed. "Yes, I want you to get away from my sister," Elena says.

She doesn't face me, she only looks straight at Damon. "Well too bad," Damon says. Elena gets even more annoyed and I see Stefan shakes his head as well.

"I feel tired, I think I will take a nap," I say. I don't want this conversation to happen. I know it will sometime, but I don't want it now.

I let go of Damon's hand and lay down. "If everyone can just leave, thank you," I say. I know I annoy everyone even more, but I really am tired.

"Abby is right, let's just leave. She needs to rest," Jenna says. Everyone stands up and walks out of the room, except Damon.

"Damon, come on," Alaric says. "No, I am staying," he says. I hear Elena sigh. "Don't be a dick, just come," she says. "No thanks, I am good," Damon says.

Elena walks back into the room. "If anyone should stay with her, it should be me," she says. "Why? So you can be a dick to her?" Damon asks.

I roll to my side and turn my back to Elena. I leave my eyes open and look at Damon. He doesn't look at me, he just looks at Elena.

"I am being a dick? You are the one who ruined her! You got her in danger," Elena says. Damon shakes his head. "We all know that that's not true," he says, "We ran away because of you."

"No, you ran away because of you! She was perfectly fine at home, without you. Nobody made you run away from your problems, that was all your idea," she says. Damon laughs, "you didn't give us much of a choice."

"I did. You could've just leave Abby alone, but you didn't," Elena says. She talks about me like I am already asleep, but she has to know I could never fall asleep like this.

Damon sighs and looks at me. I don't say anything and don't move. I just want them to go out of my room. I don't mind having Damon in here, but not along with Elena.

"So the choice you gave was leaving Abby or...?" Damon asks. "Or nothing, you just had to leave her," Elena says. Damon laughs, "that's not much of a choice."

"Why don't we just let Abby sleep," Jeremy suggests. "Yes, let's go people," Alaric says. "After Damon," Elena says. I know she stands there staring at Damon with fire in her eyes and crossed arms.

"I am not leaving," Damon says. "Then neither am I," Elena says. "Just go, Elena. You are only here to hurt her. You don't want what's best for her, you want what's best for you!" Damon says.

"I want what's best for her, she just can't see that I am right," Elena says. "You are only hurting her! How can't you see how happy she was? I honestly had never seen her more happy than she was with me before you ruined it all," Damon says.

He stands up and only looks at Elena. "That's what you think," Elena says, "you both know that this isn't right. She may feel happy now, but sooner or later she will find out I was right all along."

"Well, we will see when that moment comes. If it even comes," Damon says. "No, I will not sit back and wait for you to hurt her," Elena says.

I sigh and sit up. I look at Elena. "You don't have a choice," I tell her, "I get to say who I want in my room. Clearly you can't let me sleep, so please leave."

"Fine, let's go Damon," Elena says. I look at Damon, who looks at me. I know he is asking me without words if I want him to leave or not. I sigh. I don't really want to be all alone now. The idea of someone staying in my room with me, makes me feel a lot safer.

"Damon is not gonna leave anyway," I tell Elena. She looks confused, yet angry. "Abby..." she starts, but I shake my head. "Just leave," I tell her.

Elena looks at me, then at Damon. "You guys are insane," she says. She turns around and angrily walks out of the room. She throws the door closed behind her.

I sigh and lay down again. Damon sits down in the chair beside me and looks at me.

"I am so sorry for her behaviour," he says. I smile at him, "not your fault." Damon moves a little closer and touches my head with his hand.

"I guess we will have to find a way to deal with her," he says. I nod, "I hoped she would give it a chance, like Jer."

Damon looks confused, "he gave us a chance?" I smile and nod. "But he will fight you when he thinks he has to," I warn him. Damon smiles, "I understand. He is a good brother."

I smile proudly, "yes, he is." And with that I close my eyes. I feel how Damon moves closer to me and kisses my head. "I am right here," he says.

Somehow these words don't give me the safe feeling I would expect. While his hand touches my arm and pets it until i fall asleep, I feel scared. I have to take a few deep breaths before I can really relax.

Damon is here, I am safe, I can fall asleep now...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.1K 2.4K 49
What happens when Leah Gilbert returns to her town a little over a year after the death of her parents. Everything has been turned upside down. Vampi...
1.4M 34.5K 65
Alice Salvatore is Stefan and Damon's little sister. She got turned in to a vampire by her best friend Katherine Pierce, just like her two brothers a...
5.7K 110 39
I'm moving to Mystic Falls and getting a fresh start after the love of my life left me in the woods. I'm never gonna move on from Edward, he's consta...
220K 4.5K 37
"Ask yourself, Kaitlyn, will you ever be able to look past all of Damon's imperfections?" "I shouldn't have to look past them like they don't exist...