Red Dress (On going)

Od authorovert

Park Sooyoung is a 20 year old senior High School student in Seoul International High School. She was origina... Více

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven

Chapter Sixteen

685 39 9
Od authorovert

"AUSFLUG"

(ROAD TRIP)

———

Today is a Saturday and it's been 2 days since the last time the gang were all together and that was the time they confronted Sana, the girls are already back to normal since they kind of understood what Sana was going through but the weird part about what happened is that Jackson and Sungjae became really strange after that.

It's 10am and Sungjae decided to grab something for breakfast when he came across his Mom and Sister having a morning talk.

"Well Good morning bro!"Sungyoung greeted her which he only responded with a nod and went to kiss his mom a good morning. It was unusual since Sungjae would normally greet first, Sungyoung glances at her mom and signaled her to ask the most obvious question.

"So Sungjaeyah, you don't have plans today? You've been oddly staying at home for the past two days."His mother asked making Sungyoung smile for her mother's help.

"Yeah bro, normally you'd be at Buttercup's place right about now. What happened did she finally dumped you or something?"Sungyoung joined in to tease him but to her surprise Sungjae only shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm not really in the mood to get punch on the face when I knock on there door, and it seems like she doesn't want to see me."Sungjae stated which of course surprised the two ladies.

Sungyoung quickly sat up then dragged the other chair towards her and signaled him to take a seat which he obliged while Mrs. Yook handed him some breakfast.

"Okay spill it Sungjae. I've been noticing your sudden not-in-the-mood mode, what the he'll happened? And what did you mean by Buttercup doesn't want to see you ? Did you do something to her?"Sungyoung asked, Sungjae decided to have a bite of his scrambled egg and some toasted bread before answering. His Mom placed a glass of milk for him to drink and sat in front of them.

"Well it's not like she told me she doesn't want to see me, it's more like I think she doesn't want to see me."he stated making them confused.

"And why would you think that? Did you do something wrong?"She asked again.

"I don't know. I just feel like it."Sungjae confessed making the whole situation even more confusing.

Sungyoung asked for her mother's help since her brother was talking in his Alien Language again.

"How about you tell us how it all started? So that we can understand."His mother said making Sungjae sighed and told them the whole story about how Sooyoung confronted Sana about her career choice which led to a very awkward giving of advice which triggered him and that was the time he realized that maybe Sooyoung said that to him and not Sana.

It took a while before his Mom and Sister were able to process everything and understood his sudden action.

"So you got affected of what Sooyoung said at the last part before she left?"His sister asked, Sungjae was silent making them assume that they were right.

Their mom decided to talk first.

"Tell me honestly Sungjae, do you like Sooyoung as a friend or someone special?"his mother asked making Sungjae confused.

"What's the difference in that? They basically have the same meaning which is that I like her."Sungjae spoke but it only made his sister roll her eyes.

"That's obviously not true, when you like someone as a friend then you shouldn't be all worked up about what she's up to or what her reaction be when you suddenly visit her without telling her. If you like her as a friend then you wouldn't be thinking that she doesn't want to see you right now if you do. You obviously like her since she's special."His Sister Highlighted.

"I don't understand."Sungjae said out of confusion. Sungyoung was getting really annoyed and quickly spoiled it.

"You love her dumbass! That's the most obvious thing in the world yet you don't even know about it!"She exclaimed completely shocking him and her mom.

"Calm down Sungyoung, you don't need to shout."her mother scolded her which she quickly apologized.

"Sorry, he's too stupid and it annoyed me. He was actually playing with Sooyoung's feelings jeeez."Sungyoung said annoyed and it surprised Sungjae.

"Yah! I never played with her feelings!"Sungjae denied now the both of them are arguing.

"Of course you did! You told her you liked her the first time you met and then acted like a boyfriend around her and then you suddenly start ignoring her since she pointed out what you were actually doing? Isn't that too cruel? Maybe Sooyoung should just dump you before you completely break her heart."His sister said. Their mother was confused how it all went to this intense atmosphere.

"Okay that's enough! You two stop! Let's end this conversation before you two start fighting."their mother said but Sungjae was really triggered on how his sister would say that to him were she knew he would never do such a thing.

Meanwhile Sungyoung was so annoyed to the fact that Sungjae was oblivious about his own feelings and hurting Sooyoung unintentionally.

"It's not my fault he's stupid. He'll regret it if he doesn't realize his mistake for sure."Sungyoung said while standing up from her seat.

"Sungyoung stop it."Her mom warned.

"Oh come on mom I know you agree with me, Sungjae is acting too childish in almost everything. Maybe it's about time for him to actually mature and start facing reality?"She stated. Sungjae wasn't following.

"What do you mean? Can you explain to me where I can understand?"he asked.

"What I'm trying to say is that you should man up! If you love her tell her and if you're not sure then stop giving her hints coz you might mislead her to something you can't give. And if you don't have any feelings then tell her too, she has the rights to know what you actually meant by I like you, you should clarify if it was for friendship, love or simply just a joke. The earlier you tell her the real score the lesser it will hurt, no matter what your feelings are she will definitely understand and accept them no matter what they are."she said before leaving the dining room.

———

"A road trip? This randomly?"Sungjae asked when Lisa and Mark suddenly showed up at their door step.

"Yeah dude! It would be great, come on and get changing. We still need to pick up your Queen."Mark said indicating about Sooyoung which he only noticed that Jackson and Sana were already in the car waiting.

"Why the sudden trip? Is something going on?"Sungjae asked completely confused.

"Questions later Sungjae, just to change before that devil woman escapes."Lisa stated.

Sungjae on the other hand didn't have any other choi but to come along, he quickly changed into some black denim pants and a white shirt topped with a denim jacket. He came across his sister who recently just came out from her room, they finally made up after that intense confrontation they had the other night.

"Oh you're up early? Where are you going?"Sungyoung asked.

"My friends suddenly showed up, they randomly planned a road trip. I kind have no choice but tag along or they'll disown me."Sungjae teased making Sungyoung grin.

"By friends? Does that include Sooyoung?"his sister teased only to make Sungjae roll his eyes.

"Oh quit it already."Sungjae complained making his sister giggle in satisfaction.

"I'll only stop when you finally grow some balls and confess to her, like the real thing not the joke type."She said.

"I already told you her situation, she's not the type of girl who is fund with that so called situation."Sungjae exclaimed, he happened to open up to her about Joy's case about her sister's death and her trauma with dealing with people and all. Sungyoung understood it all since Sungjae undergo the same situation.

"I know but it's better you tell her earlier before you guys graduate college or you'll regret it. She may have that unchangeable situation but we don't know the fact that maybe she may have over come it and has finally let it go?"She encouraged. Sungjae was still doubtful.

"I really don't know noona, but Ill keep in mind about what you said but don't expect anything today. I'll see you later tell Mom and Dad about my sudden adventure."He said while giving her a kiss on the cheek before dashing out.

The gang quickly headed to Sooyoung's place, Alice was the one who answered the door.

"Sooyoung? She's upstairs since she slept in today. Did you guys had plans today?"Alice asked confused but let everyone in anyway.

"Oh not really we kind of just decided to go on a road trip since we were bored."Sana was the one who explained the situation. Sungjae was about to walk up the stairs out of habit when he suddenly stopped his tracks.

Jeeez! I almost forgot that we were on an awkward situation right now.

Jackson noticed his sudden discomfort and confronted him.

"What's wrong with you? Wouldn't you be running upstairs by now and start banging on her door?"Jackson pointed out which caught everyone's attention.

"Jackson's right. You seem off lately Sungjae, are you feeling okay?"Lisa asked concerned.

"What? Of course I'm okay, I just didn't ran upstairs afraid that she might murder me when she sees me."Sungjae tried to make an excuse but Jackson wasn't convinced at all he knew something was bothering him.

Since the atmosphere kind of went off, Alice decided to call Sooyoung herself.

"You guys should take a seat while I wake Sooyoung up."Alice said which Sana volunteered to accompany her.

"I'll come with you, I'll prepare an extra clothes for her in case we decide to stop by the beach or something."Sana spoke as the both of them went upstairs.

This was the moment Jackson confronted Sungjae but he made sure only they could hear their conversation.

"What the hell is wrong with you bro? You've been acting really weird in the past few days, did something happen between you and Sooyoung that we don't know of?"Jackson asked. Sungjae was caught off guard by the question and had a hard time thinking of an excuse.

"I don't know what you're talking about Dude, I've always been weird and why would anything happen between us? We're good."Sungjae responded but Jackson could quickly detect his lie.

"You know you're still a bad liar. Spill it before I ask the other guys."Jackson threatened and Sungjae didn't want to involve the others or it will end up into some kind of a huge deal for all of them.

"Jeez, fine I'll tell you everything but later. Now is not the right time for it and I'm dealing with something myself until I sort things out then I'll tell you everything."Sungjae made sure, as much as Jackson wanted to know everything he decided to let him be for now since he kind of understand the situation that Sungjae might still be dealing with something he needs to settle off himself.

"Fine, at least tell me if it involves Sooyoung or not?"He asked and Sungjae had no other choice but to nod and Jackson could only smirk before stating. "I guess I kind of have an idea about what's going on with you but I'll save it for later when you decide to tell me everything."Jackson said before they all heard Sana and Sooyoung arguing as they were coming down the stairs.

"Who the hell even came up with a road trip? And why do I have to tag along?"they could hear Sooyoung complaining.

Lisa quickly stood up and walked towards them. There stood a very pissed looking Sooyoung wearing a denim shorts matched with a black over-sized shirt tucked in and she was wearing black converse shoes, the guys were surprised to see her in that get up.

"Woah! I like the new look Sooyoung!"Mark quickly complimented her, her look wasn't far from her old style but it was something out of the ordinary since she looked like a normal high school girl about to go the mall or something, the hoodie and sweatpants were out.

"I know right? I basically dragged her off her and forced her to wear something normal for once. I almost threw out all her hoodies and baggy stuff out of her window. I tried my best to make her wear a cute dress but the shirt and shorts was enough for me, but I wasn't successful in snatching that stupid glasses though."Sana exclaimed but Jackson could only gave her a thumbs up.

"Way the go Sana, at least you made an effort. Looks like Yook here is satisfied with your work right dude?"Jackson exclaimed while elbowing him.

Sungjae on the other hand was too stunned to even respond which made everyone chuckle at his reaction.

"Looks like Yook is lost for words with your get up Sooyoung, you should wear something like that every day so that this idiot would quiet down."Mark joked as everyone laughed with him.

Before Sungjae could respond back Sooyoung spoke up first.

"Can we all just go? Before I changed my mind and drag you guys out?"Sooyoung exclaimed which everyone quickly ran outside before the devil starts making them suffer.

They all went to the car, Sooyoung had to talk to Alice first before leaving with them. She was surprised that they made her sit next to Sungjae, since she wasn't in the mood to complain she just hopped in and sat next to him. Everyone was surprised not to hear a small complain from her and to their surprise Sooyoung then plugged in her headphones and leaned by the window closing her eyes.

"Just wake me up when you guys decide for a stop over."Sooyoung said making everyone shake their heads.

"It's a road trip Sooyoung, you need to be awake to witness the beautiful sights."Lisa pointed out.

"I'm not really interested. I only tagged along since she forced me too."Sooyoung pointed to Sana. "And besides I don't like traveling with cars."she added and then started ignoring them.

They decided to let her be since they still had a few more minutes before they reach the highway and leave Seoul, they let her sleep for awhile since they knew she was still sleepy.

———

Sooyoung woke up when she felt the car came to a stop, she noticed that Sana and Lisa together with Jackson got off the car and went inside the convenient store while they stayed as they got some gas.

"Are we far from the destination you guys are aiming?"Sooyoung asked.

"About an hour more to go."Mark answered. He was uncomfortable that Sungjae and Sooyoung were oddly silent.

Sooyoung rolled down the car window on her side and yelled to catch Lisa's attention since she was the one near the entrance.

"Hey Manoban! Can you grab me an iced coffee please and some sandwich!"she yelled which Lisa only gestured a thumbs up before she closed the window.

Mark decided to loosen up the atmosphere inside the car since the others were taking a bit longer than expected.

"You two seem quiet, that's new. Are you in good terms now or what?"Mark asked which surprised Sungjae who was keeping cool but Sooyoung only stared at him like she doesn't have a clue but managed to answer anyway.

"By in good terms? Does that involve us arguing or not?"Sooyoung asked which only made Mark laugh at her remark.

"I mean it's just unusual for you two to be this quiet, you argue like all the time and seeing you two like this is quite a shocker so I'm just wondering if something happened or not?"Mark explained which Sungjae glared at him to shut up but the latter didn't flinch at all.

Sungjae was slightly surprised when Sooyoung suddenly moved besides him and tapped his shoulder. He quickly looked at her afraid that he might do something stupid.

"Hey weirdo, have you finally realized that your human or something? I'm not complaining that you're acting normal and all which I preferred you acted but it's still shocking. Have you finally snapped or are planning to do something stupid again?"Sooyoung states which he was caught off guard as he was having a hard time on what to answer him.

And just on cue the others had just returned from buying snacks for the road and quickly noticed the sudden atmosphere.

"What's going on here? Did we miss something or what?"Sana was the one who asked when she came back to her place, Mark could only chuckle while helping his girlfriend settle the snacks.

"Yook has finally lost his mind. I asked the two of them what happened since they were surprisingly quiet but it seems like Sooyoung's okay and Yook's the losing his mind."Mark explained the situation. Jackson quickly grinned upon knowing the reason and quickly started to make fun of his friend.

"Yeah Yook, why the sudden silence? Cat got your tongue?"Jackson teased which of course Sungjae didn't like.

"What are you talking about? I'm fine just tired that's all."Sungjae denied but everyone knew he was lying.

"Hey Sooyoung, did you beat him up or something? He seem scared?"Jackson continue teasing but Sooyoung was unaware of the teasing.

"If I did then you could have seen some bruises but sadly I didn't. Maybe he ate something bad."Sooyoung guesses.

As they continue cornering Sungjae , Mark decided to continue driving as everyone picked on Sungjae.

"Will you guys quit it? If you won't stop then you'll regret it."Sungjae threatened which successfully worked since they were afraid that he'll start doing some tantrums and ruin the mood of Sooyoung as they end up messing each other.

.....

Since the whole ride turned into an awkward silence, Sana decided to open up a topic to entertain them.

"So Sooyoung, have you finally decided what your going to do after graduation?"Sana asked which surprised everyone since they only realized they never actually knew what her plans were.

"Yeah come to think of it you never mentioned about your career path choice."Jackson joined in.

"Well none of you asked."Sooyoung pointed out which they already expected her to say. Typical Park Sooyoung.

"Then tell us, we already know that I'm going to start training to be become an idol."Lisa explained.

"Me and those two idiots are going to the same college. And I'll be majoring in Photography."Mark spoke up.

"Acting for me! I'll invite you guys to my movie premier if given a chance."Jackson said.

"I'm still undecided with the major but I'll be going to college too."Sungjae said.

"And I'm going to study business management in a University in Japan to know more about business since I'll be managing our family business someday and of course I still hope for the Wedding Bride part but let's think about that after college okay? And don't glare at me Sooyoung I already followed your advice , I'm meeting up with my ex-fiancé when I go back to Japan and clear things between us."Sana said which temporarily caught everyone's attention.

"Omg! So you called him?"Lisa asked sounding giddy and it made Sana blushed and of course it disgusted Sooyoung seeing her like that.

"Yeah, after Sooyoung walked out us that time. I went to her house and apologized which of course she forced me to call him and work things out by planning to meet up, he agreed which of course made almost collapse good thing she was there and made me able to handle the situation smoothly."Sana explained.

"Daebak! Even though your as cold as ice Sooyoung, you actually do care. I'll ask advice from you too."Jackson stated making Sooyoung roll her eyes.

"Oh please no. I'm not an adviser person please stay away from me."Sooyoung sarcastically said but everyone just laugh it off.

Mark noticed that everyone has completely forgot about asking Sooyoung's graduation plan.

"So getting back to the topic guys.. what are your plans Sooyoung?"Mark decided to ask again. And everyone was anticipating on what her answer is.

"Well I'm planning to go to college too, but I'm still undecided since I'll be talking with Alice about it and I'm still worrying about the expenses. There's a possibility that I might do some part time job while studying."Sooyoung said which surprised everyone.

"Eh? Part time job while studying? Can you handle that? Isn't it going to affect your studies? And what University are you planning to attend?"Sana asked.

"I'm still undecided since most of the Universities here are pretty expensive, I'll sort it out with my savings and all."Sooyoung explained.

"Well if that's what you're planning then we'll support you, don't ever hesitate to ask our help in case you get yourself into a tight situation okay?"Lisa spoke up since she was concerned that Sooyoung might be taking this upon herself.

"And what will you major in?"This time Sungjae asked.

What Sooyoung responded wasn't what they expected.

"Music."

———to be continued.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

149K 3.5K 50
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
492K 14.2K 106
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
152K 6.9K 27
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
1.2M 49.8K 54
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...