Red Dress (On going)

By authorovert

Park Sooyoung is a 20 year old senior High School student in Seoul International High School. She was origina... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven

Chapter Fifteen

656 35 3
By authorovert

"HOCHZEITSBRAUT"

(WEDDING BRIDE)

———

Everyone was all worked up after the school had just announced that they would be having a graduation ball 2 weeks before the actual graduation day and that would be happening in less than a month. The gang may seem like it's not a big deal that they were graduating and will be going into their separate ways afterwards, well not for Sooyoung and Sana.

Since the graduation was in a few more weeks ahead, all school activities has become really dull and all the students had a lot of time to slack off since the final exams were over, the only reason the gang are still attending school coz of the sake of attendance.

They were all hanging around the soccer field since the triplets were having their so called last moments. Lisa and Sooyoung were laying by the bleachers waiting for Sana who went to the teacher's office to pass her career choice form. Lisa was randomly scrolling on her phone watching dance covers from famous idols around Korea, Sooyoung was utterly confused since she didn't seem to change after she started dating Mark. She was expecting that she would be all over him like how she sees most of other couples do.

"So how's it going with you and your boyfriend? You don't seem to change at all?"Sooyoung opened up the topic startling Lisa since she didn't expect her to suddenly talked about it.

Lisa scratches the back of her head before answering her.

"Well I thought about that too, I was also expecting a lot of changes between us since we are dating. But for some reason we both stayed the same, just our relationship status changed. And I think it's a good thing."Lisa confessed making Sooyoung stare at her for a while before smiling.

"I guess that's good too. It's nice to see you finally happy."Sooyoung said which confused Lisa for a moment, lately she was also wondering why Sooyoung suddenly changed. She may still be that cold hearted girl they always knew but at rare moments she's really soft and serious, it's not like Lisa was complaining in fact she was really happy to know that finally Sooyoung is opening up again. But she also couldn't stop thinking that there's more to that change than just their influence.

"Hey Sooyoung do have something to say?"Lisa bravely asked but she was interrupted when Sana arrived carrying a bag of snacks for all of them.

"Jeeez, I can't believe it took me that long to pass that stupid paper. Teacher Eunkwang even tried to lecture me on the career choice I made saying it wasn't good enough and I should think of my future."Sana shared making the two girls to stare at her like she grew another head.

"What the hell did you write on your career path form to get lectured like that?"Sooyoung asked while grabbing a pack of chips and a chocolate drink.

"You know just the business thing I told you guys about. I really don't understand that old guy? Ever since he got off the military he became really strict and serious, I remember him as a goofball from our arts class during freshman year."Sana exclaimed.

"Well you can blame him, I heard that after you undergo the military for 2 years it will make you mature."Lisa tried to explain but Sana didn't bought the explanation.

"Yeah but I still dislike the maturity stuff, I'm mature enough to make up my own decisions he could at least respect that right?"This time Sana was oddly sounding really pissed off which was unusual for them. She normally doesn't get all worked about this kinda of things, and that made Sooyoung even more curious on what she wrote down to get all pissed and received a lecture.

"I'll go to restroom."Sooyoung suddenly announced quickly drinking her chocolate milk and eating off the chips.

"Eh? But I just got here."Sana complained.

"You want me to come with you?"Lisa offered as the triplets had freshly came back after getting tired from that running around.

"No it's fine. I won't take that long, and keep your boyfriend company while talking to this idiots tantrums too."Sooyoung said while gesturing to a pouting Sana.

"Oh okay, can you drop this off to my locker on your way to the bathroom? You know the password anyway."Lisa said while handing her the bag filled with her change of clothes.

Sooyoung took it and went off.

.....

Unaware of what Sooyoung was actually up to, Lisa already sin something but she didn't bother opening it up to the group since it wasn't Sooyoung acting weird but also Sana. She wanted to ask them both but she wasn't brave enough to actually asked, so she decided that if she feels like the time is right then she'll do it.

Meanwhile at Lisa's locker. Sooyoung had just finished putting in her things and locked it before leaving, instead of going inside the girls bathroom she just walked passed it and entered the teachers office as she came across Eukwang and Joohyun leaving to get some lunch.

"Oh Sooyoung did you need anything?"Joohyun asked.

"Ah not really, I was just going to pass my career path form."She made an excuse as Eunkwang slightly checked his wrist watch.

"Well you can place it on top of my desk Ms. Park, Teacher Bae and I are in a hurry to catch up for a faculty meeting. Would be alright on your own?"Eunkwang stated. Eunkwang is a very nice and respectful teacher so Sooyoung didn't have time to tease him or anything.

Joohyun and Eunkwang left the teacher office and went straight to the principals office where they would be discussing the plans for the ball.

Sooyoung was thankful that no one was around so she had a lot of time to see what she came here for, and to her surprise Sana's form was on top of all the forms and Sooyoung was extremely shocked for what she saw on her career choice.

"No way. If it was me who wrote that then I'd be expecting a lecture for sure."Sooyoung mumbled to herself and quickly placed her own form in the middle of the pile before quickly exiting the place.

"That girl needs to explain her reason for sure, and I need her to speak now before we graduate."Sooyoung said as she quickly walked back towards the others.

She knew it wasn't good to immediately asked Sana about it so she decided to call Momo first and asked her if she knew about this decision her cousin had planned.

(Hello? Sooyoung? Why did you call?)

"Sorry to suddenly call but I have one question for you, it may sound really annoying but do you have any idea what kind of career path Sana has planned out after high school?"She quickly asked which surprised Momo for a moment, she thought Sana already told them about it.

(Why are you asking me that? I can already guess you know already.)

"But I know you knew of this before right?"Sooyoung pushed in.

(Yeah, and I know you may think that she may be out of her mind but I assure you if you hear her reasoning you'll understand.)

"I'm not judging her, I just want to know why?"Sooyoung asked.

(Then you are asking the wrong person, ask her for yourself. She can explain it to you better than I can.)

"Tsk. One other thing, that business thing she told us about. Was that true?"Sooyoung lastly asked.

(It's a yes and a no.)

"Ugh. You do know you're not making sense Momo."Sooyoung was growing impatient.

(Like I said, it's not my secret to tell. I won't tell you anything before she does I hope you can understand.)

"Fine. Thanks anyway."Sooyoung said then ended the call.

By the time Sooyoung arrived at the soccer field where the others are she quickly stood in front of Sana completely surprising everyone.

"Uy Buttercup what took you so long?"Sungjae quickly asked her ignoring the fact that she was staring at Sana.

"Hey is everything alright? You looked like you've seen a ghost or something."Mark pointed out but non of them were being entertained as Sooyoung pulled out her phone showing them a picture of Sana's career path form.

"Explain this to me Sana, why does your form say that you want to be a

Wedding Bride?".

———

"Wedding what?!"Lisa asked completely surprised as she snatched the phone off her and zoomed in to the description as the triplets struggled to see from behind her. Sana sat there silent with her head down, Sooyoung was only looking down at her not bothering to sit down.

"Oh hell! It really states Wedding Bride? Are you kind of in an arranged marriage or something?" Jackson asked to Sana when the four of them had completely finished confirming the description.

"What's this Sana? And why do you have a picture of this Sooyoung? Where did you get this?"Lisa asked trying to process everything.

"I just came from the teacher's office to pass my form and I accidentally saw her paper on top of the table. I couldn't refrain myself from reading what was written."Sooyoung explained which others could understand but they were all surprised to see that Sana was oddly quiet.

"Hey Sana, you alright?"Mark asked concerned since she was unusually quiet, normally she would have answered the question the moment it was asked.

But to their surprise she then raised her head and smiled awkwardly like she was the verge of tears.

"What's wrong with my career choice? Can't I dream to become a bride someday?"Sana answered with a question.

"There's nothing wrong with it, just the fact that you never told us about it."Sooyoung responded. Lisa was kind of confused where to side. "Can you explain to us why this is the kind of career you're choosing? And what about that family business you were talking about? Was that true? Or were you just saying that to cover up your real choices?"Sooyoung added completely cornering her.

"Wait wait, I can explain."Sana was panicking. Which Jackson quickly noticed and motioned for Sooyoung to give her some space.

"Hey hey you two calm down for one second, Sooyoung sit down you're making us nervous and Sana don't panic she's just asking you some questions. She's not scolding you or anything."Jackson tried to fix the atmosphere which Lisa was thankful for since she was confused on what to do, good thing Mark was there to calm her down as well.

"It's okay. They will be okay."Mark assures her as Lisa could only smile and kiss him on the cheek.

"If you want to explain then start explaining."Sooyoung exclaimed which Sungjae quickly tried to calm her down.

"Take it easy Buttercup, Sana's getting scared of you. Sit down first and let her explain her side."Sungjae told her since Sooyoung didn't feel like snapping at him she quickly sat down in front of Sana.

Jackson tapped Sana on the shoulder signaling her to start talking, she was hesitant at first while avoiding eye contact from Sooyoung.

"Get a grip Sana, I'm not going to kill you. Just tell us what that meant and we'll be over and done with."Sooyoung pointed out in her calmest time but it still sounded really intimidating.

Sana inhales then started explaining.

"About the wedding bride thing, yeah I intentionally wrote it down since I didn't know the teachers were actually going to read them. But the business thing I told you guys about is true I swear."She started off as everyone nod in understanding.

"If the business thing was true, why'd you go for a Wedding Bride? Are you engaged or something?"Mark decided to ask which alarmed Sooyoung and Lisa since they knew it can happen since Sana came from a wealthy family and that their business has a lot of shareholders and all that things. It wouldn't be a shocker if she was already engaged with any son of one shareholder.

Sana quickly denied the accusation.

"Engaged?! Of course not!"she declared making the two girls sighed in relief.

"Then that's good for me to hear."Sooyoung said as she returned to her usual self which the others were thankful for as she wasn't any more threat.

But Lisa wasn't satisfied with Sana's explanation.

"If you're not engaged then why did you write it?"Lisa asked again since Sana kind of dodged the question and answered safely. The others then looked at her waiting for her answer.

Sana was fidgeting nonstop she didn't expect this day would come where she would be revealing her most secret to all her friends. She even thought that she might survive graduation without letting them catch on.

"Okay first all what I'm about to tell you guys is something you may find funny but please don't laugh."Sana told them making everyone even more eager to know. They all nodded except for Sooyoung.

"I won't promise anything, tell me first and I'll decide wether I'll laugh or not."Sooyoung pointed out but Sana could only roll her eyes.

"Trust me, you won't be laughing."Sana made sure. "So the thing is my parents had planned an arranged marriage for me."She started off and she could sense someone was about to cut in but she quickly raised her hand and signaled them to let her finish. "But it didn't happen since we no longer live in that kind of era anymore, and I fought about that matter of course. I couldn't let myself hate my own parents just because of a stupid reason like marriage."she continued.

Spoyoung could already sense the reason already.

"But then on my 16th birthday my parents decided to celebrate it in Japan for the first time. And there I met the guy I was supposed to be engaged to, and I was stunned to meet him in person I only knew him by name and didn't bother looking him up on the internet."Sana said.

"So you're telling us you fell in love at first sight or something?"Sooyoung asked making Sana blushed.

"In somewhat like yeah, but the reason was obviously coz he was good looking and you guys know me. Handsome guys makes me curious but with him it was different, coz when we met he treated me with so much respect and thanked me about saving him from that arranged marriage s**t."Sana exclaimed. "But little did I know I was actually falling for him every time we meet, and to the point that I regret declining the arranged marriage, if only I agreed then I should have become his bride the moment I turned 21."Sana added, Sooyoung decided to not react at all since Sana was about to break.

"But being his wedding bride will forever be my dream. And we all know dreams don't come true in real life so I accepted the fact that it was all in my head, I almost even confessed about my feelings on my 18th birthday when I got drunk at my own party. I was so pissed that he didn't attend my birthday where in I invited him personally, that night I was drunk and was about to pass out when I received a call from him."Sana shared making Lisa remember the time she attended her 18th birthday, she couldn't stay longer since they had class the next day so she didn't know what happened to her, Sooyoung arrive in Korea a month after her birthday so she wasn't acquainted with them yet. She haven't met them yet.
"When I answered the phone he greeted me a happy birthday. Of course I was happy that I could even hear his voice but you guys could imagine how a drunk person would answer a call, I was talking gibberish to him which I could also guess weirded him out. If Momo didn't saw me by the balcony about to confess my feelings then maybe my life being his friend will be over, Momo quickly snatched my phone away since I was already about to fall off. I was yelling at her for ruining my talk with him which I don't know if he heard me yelling on the other side, for in fact I couldn't even remember if Momo even ended the call when she started calming me down."Sana added.

There was silence before Jackson decided to ask.

"So what happened after that?"he asked.

"I shut him out."Sana answered which they were surprised to hear. Sana wasn't the type of person to shut people out. "It's been 2 years since I last had contact with him. He still greets me on my birthday via email since I already changed my number after that night and put all my social media account private, I was too ashamed to even message him after what happened that night. I asked my parents to let me stay in Korea all throughout my high school years, they still visit Japan but I don't accompany them anymore afraid that I'll bump into him."Sana said:

Everyone was silent didn't know what to say after hearing the reason from her.

"But you still love him don't you?"Sungjae spoke up which everyone was surprised since he sounded really serious. Sana could only nod in response. "Then why don't you talk to him again? I understand your reason that you're just embarrassed to see him, but isn't it unfair for him that you suddenly shut him out?"Sungjae asked making the others to agree.

"But what else could I do? I was panicking that time and besides he didn't like the idea of the marriage, and he was happy to know that I decline the offer and that's the reason we became friends. So when he finds out I actually like him and regretted to decline the marriage that would make him hate me for pretending all those times."Sana said. Lisa was already calming her down since she was breathing heavily. Jackson and Mark signaled Sungjae to stop it or she wouldn't take it anymore. Yet they were surprised when Sooyoung spoke up.

"Everything you said are all your assumptions. You won't know what he actually feels right now if you continue ignoring him."Sooyoung started off. Sana could only look at her with her sad state, she knew that Sooyoung was right but she was too coward to face the truth. "If you continue to shut him out then you don't have the rights to dream becoming his bride may it be just a dream or a wish, you're not worthy to feel such hope when you're the one who made that dream of yours to stay as something you can't have."She added shocking everyone for her bluntness. Sana couldn't utter a word while the others were all speechless as well, Sooyoung slowly stood up from her seat and started wearing her back pack.

"You may think that the guy you like is okay that you suddenly started ignoring him, but you really can't be too certain since you never asked him how he felt about you and how he may have felt when you suddenly left."Sooyoung exclaimed then turned around about to leave.

"No person deserves to get confused or hurt just because a certain someone suddenly starts barging into their lives and make them feel certain things and then suddenly decided to leave without warning. If you didn't intend to hurt them, you shouldn't have bothered them in the first place, they were fine before they met you."Sooyoung last said then walked away.

———to be continued.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 8.9K 24
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
1.2M 49.9K 54
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
808K 49.1K 114
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.7M 57.9K 71
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...