Love and Tears

By LeanneAxx

Callie Woods lost anyone she has ever loved in a fire. Now she has no-one to love her, or no-one to love. She... More

Love and Tears.
[Love and tears] part 2.
[Love and Tears] part 3.
[Love and Tears] part 4.
[Love and Tears] part 5.
[Love and Tears] part 6.
[Love and Tears] part 7.
[Love and Tears] part 8.
[Love and Tears] part 9.
[Love and Tears] part 10.
[Love and Tears] part 11.
[Love and Tears] part 12.
[Love and Tears] part 13.
[Love and Tears] part 14.
[Love and Tears] part 15.
[Love and Tears] part 16.
[Love and Tears] part 17.
[Love and Tears] part 18.
[Love and Tears] part 20.
[Love and Tears] part 21.
[Love and Tears] part 22.
[Love and Tears] part 23.
[Love and Tears] part 24.
[Love and Tears] part 25.
[Love and Tears] part 26.
[Love and Tears] part 27.
[Love and Tears] part 28.
[Love and Tears] part 29.
[Love and Tears] part 30.
[Love and Tears] part 31.
[Love and Tears] part 32.
[Love and Tears] repeat of previous.
[Love and Tears] part 34.
[Love and Tears] part 35.
[Love and Tears] part 36.
[Love and Tears] part 37.
[Love and Tears] part 38.
[Love and Tears] the end.

[Love and Tears] part 19.

1.9K 20 4
By LeanneAxx

Hey :)

So I didn't make you wait at all! I uploaded a day after, woop :)

I'm really tired, and I went to some boring party with two of my friends, that made me even more tired!

So i came home early, got into bed then thought I'd write this, haha

so yeah, before I ramble on, vote/fan/comment please!

Thanks.

Enjoy x

--------------------

"You're my what?" I questioned, breathing heavily and swallowing hard. What was this woman talking about? My mother died about 3 years ago.

She chewed her nails violently, spitting them out after she had bitten them off. She then bit her lip. "I, uh-" She started but couldn't seem to find the right words. "I..." She gulped, having seemingly found the right words to say. "I shouldn't of said anything. Not like this."

I frowned at her. She drops a bombshell like and then fixes it by saying that? "No." I said, grabbing her arm. "You've said it now. So you are going to explain everything and tell me the reason of this lie!" I demanded, wanting to spit on her face. My mother was dead! How on earth could she be my mother!?

"I don't think this is the right time."

"You got that right." I told her, biting my lip. "But what's done is done so explain! Why lie?" I asked, staring her directly in the eyes.

"What? Lie? No. I'm not lying, Callie. I'm really not."

"My mother is dead. How can you be my mum?" I asked, pushing the hair that had fallen into my face to the side. This was not the time!

"I know that. And..." She sighed. "I know."

"What do you mean you know?" I asked.

"Listen, Callie. I wanted to tell you at the right time. I wanted to pretend to be your cleaner so I could get to know you better. And somehow I'd tell you, when the time was right and things weren't weird between us."

I giggled. Things weren't weird between us? "What? There would never be a 'right time' to lie." I told her, Disgusted by her endless lies. No way was I going to fall for this.

"It's not a lie!" She assured me. "I was going to tell you, straight just like that. But when I knocked you was in a bad mood and I just-"

"So this is my fault your a lying bitch?"

She rolled her eyes at me. "Watch your language."

"Excuse me!" I shouted. Who was she to tell me to 'watch my language'!? To me, all she was was a cleaner imposter. I don't understand how she could be giving me orders like that. 

"Lets just drop it. Anyway as I was saying you was in such a bad mood, I thought telling you would be a bad decision. Then the thought just hit me! I don't know! I didn't think it through. Of course I didn't, otherwise I wouldn't have to explain this whole situation along with the fact that I'm your mother to you." She told me, biting her lips so much that they had changed colour to a bright red.

"You're not my mother!" I told her, anger in my voice.

"But Callie, I am." She said. How could she still be sticking to this story?

"But, no, you're not."

She rolled her eyes. "Callie Amy Louise Woods." She started. I interrupted her. 

"Just because you know my full name doesn't mean you're my mother." I said. 

"I know that! But who else knows your name here? I don't even think Danielle does." My eyes widened when she mentioned Danielle's name.

"How do you know Danielle!?" I demanded. Speaking of Danielle, she was sleeping through all of it. When she'd wake up she'd want to know why I didn't wake her up to let her listen. I silently chuckled in my head at her. She was so funny sometimes without even knowing it.

"I heard you talking to her." She said. Maybe that was another lie. In fact, I decided, it was another lie.

I rolled my eyes. "Do you know what, I don't even see the point in me talking to you if all you're going to do is lie!"

"Callie, you have to listen to me! I'm not lying!"

I raised an eyebrow. She seemed pretty desperate. I heard her mumble to herself, "Oh no. I feel bad. I've mucked it all up. Now I probably won't be able to see my daughter ever again." For some strange reason, I felt bad. The way she said it and the desperation in her voice made me purse my lips in thought. Should I just hear her out? I mean, the only bed thing she could do is lie more, I thought. And if any, I can just call the cops, right? I sighed at my kind nature deep inside.

"Fine." I finally said. "5 Minutes." Her face lit up.

"Promise!" She said, smiling. I kept my face straight as I lead her into the living room, also Terry's bedroom and pulled out a chair for her.

"Lovely place you got here." She commented.

"No it's not! And this isn't the time to make small talk." I told her. She frowned.

"I was just trying to be nice."

"I don't want 'nice.' I just want an explanation." I told her.

"Fine. We can do it your way. Where do you want me to start?" She asked, staring into my eyes apologetically. Then it hit me, I had fallen for it again. Was it me or was I too soft?

"From the beginning would be nice?"

"Right, I suppose I owe you that." She started. I rolled my eyes.

"Just get on with it."

"If your going to talk to me like that, I'm not even going to bother." She threatened. I simply rolled my eyes. She was the one that wanted a chance! Now I had given it to her, she was being like this. This woman was a liar and a joke, too.

"Right. Well you can get out of here then, 'cause I ain't in the mood for this!" I told her.

"Sorry, I'm sorry!" She yelled, as she grabbed my arm and pulled me back down into my seat. "I just wanted to stall a bit, you know?"

"OK." I said, now irritated.

"Right, well..." She gulped. "It all started when I was 13. I got pregnant." My mouth dropped. She got pregnant at 13!? Wow. "At 14 I had the baby, which was you. Um, my parents, they didn't believe in abortion so they let me have you. They mislead me into thinking that I could keep you and that you was all mine. You was my little girl. When I had you, boy was that a lot of screaming! And I remember you was three weeks early and I was scared that there was something wrong with you. The feeling of loosing you made me sick. You was my baby. And I know you could still call me a baby at that age, but I mean, I just had so much love. And when that feeling of something growing inside you, something that you've created, it just means so much. You can't help but love. When I had you, and I held your little body in my arms, after the doctors had cut off your umbilical cord and wiped you off, of course..." I giggled at this. "I held your little tiny body in my arms and I just had so much love for you. I mean, words can't describe how I felt. It's like the love you have for your parents when they buy you something really special, and when you've had a really got day with them, except that love is times by like 50."

I smiled. Her words were so touching. It made me feel warm, for some strange reason. "Carry on."

"But my 5 minutes is over." She informed me. I nodded my head.

"I know." She smiled at me then continued.

"I took you home. I spent like 5 hours straight building your cot. Making everything was already. Double checking that it wasn't too hot or too cold for you. Making sure it was the most comfortable it could be for you. Making sure there was no wood sticking out or that there was nothing that could hurt you. I wanted to keep you safe and in my arms. Make sure that nothing hurt my baby daughter. After that was done, I painted your room a light pink. Not a pink to blind you but a baby pink, for you, my baby. I made sure every corner coloured to perfection. Not like you'd notice, but still, I wanted everything to be just right. I decided I'd drop out of school to care for you. It didn't matter if I was 14, I wanted to be the best mum ever! I then popped out to the shop, buying all teddy bears and everything you'd like. That night I put you carefully in the cot, placing the covers over you nicely. I kissed you on the head, a long kiss that I still remember. The taste of your forehead still remains in my mouth. I even slept on the floor, next to you, watching you. I tried to stay awake but I was so tired, from anything I had done for you! It's not your fault don't ever think that!"

"Then what happened?" I asked, intrigued by her tale. 

"Then I woke up one day, wanting to kiss your forehead once more, but you were gone. You were somewhere out of your cot and the way  I panicked! I went crazy! I searched everywhere for you, Callie, I really did! Then dad came in, looking all smug. I remember the words he said to me." She said, swallowing hard.

I was almost tearing up myself. "What happened?"

"Dad told me he had given you to someone he had trusted. I fought for you, day and night! I'd hit him, I'd break things, I'd do anything to find you! But all my Dad said to me was, 'She's in better hands now. That's the way it should be.' I screamed at him for taking my baby! My baby! Then I almost killed myself because I thought it was my fault. If only I had woken up, Dad wouldn't have been able to take you away from me!" She said, tearing rolling down her cheeks. I patted her back comfortingly. "But then I realized it's not all my fault. It was dads. Having you, even though it was a young age, was the best thing that ever happened to me and that was taken away! Do you know how that feels?"

"Kind of. My uh... parents were taken away from me when I was 13."

"Right." She replied. 

"Please continue. What happened?"

"Well that's it really. For years I did my best to try and find you but my dad said the information would be confidential. I named you, that's how I know your full name. Also, the night before, I gave a locket to know when it would be me."

"You gave me that? My mum told me her friend gave it to her to give to you. I've always tried to open it but it seemed like it's been glued together or something."

"That's right." She told me. "Locked."

"What?"

"I took the key."

"You have the key on you now?" I quizzed. At this point, I wasn't entirely sure about what to think. It made me happy that my real mum actually wanted me but it made me uncomfortable to think that she was my real mum. What about my other parents? They had raised me and looked after me to the best they could. What would they be called now? If I stopped calling them parents, it'd make me uncomfortable, especially as they were dead. They never mentioned this to me before, were they ever planning on telling me? My mind was overwhelmed with thoughts. It was just to much to take in!

"Yeah, I do." She told me. I rummaged my pocket for the locket I had previously slipped in there and pulled it out. She also rummaged in her pocket, presumably for the key. She pulled it out and I handed the locket over to her. She then slid the key in the locket and opened it, revealing the never before seen picture inside. It was a girl. Of around the ages of 13 to 14. It was her.

My mouth dropped as I stared at the picture in surprise. It really was her. She wasn't lying. Instantly guilt washed over me for not believing her earlier, but I shook it off. This was not the time to be feeling guilty! I mean, if someone randomly says that they are your mum when you already have one, of course you'd have your doubts, right? I guess I should of just handled the situation differently.

"Wow. It really is you." I said, as I stared at the picture in disbelief. She looked the same, except in the locket was a much younger version.

"It really is me. And look as this." She said, as she pulled her locket off her neck. I watched her carefully. She slid the locket open, without even placing the key in it. I watched. There was a baby in the locket.

"That's you." She told me.

"Aww." I commented. "All my pictured burned so I can't even remember what I looked like."

"Could you see why I wanted you so bad? You was so adorable. I never wanted to let you go, I wish dad wouldn't have taken you. I wonder what our lives would have been like."

I stressed my mind to think. I couldn't imagine a life without my parents, the ones I thought were y real ones. It almost made me sad.

"Who knows." I said.

"You're right. Who knows?"

"Hmph." I groaned. "So how did you find me?" I finally asked.

She sighed. "Not today." She ordered. Weren't we getting along well? And she just had to ruin it by that order.

"What? What do you mean by that?"

"I mean not today." She repeated. I frowned.

"Just tell me." I asked her.

"Fine. But you might not like what you hear." She warned me. I raised an eyebrow.

"Okay..."

"Well I found you because when your parents died, they contacted me." My mouth dropped. They contacted her? "They said I could be the official carer for you since your parents had died and-"

I interrupted. "You what? You mean if you'd taken up on the offer I wouldn't be here today?"

"Yes but-"

"Yes but nothing! You could of saved me from this but you had to relax in your own selfishness."

"No. It's nothing like that!" She told me. "I wanted to, but at that moment my life was messed up. I couldn't bring you into it."

"Here we go again with the lies." I said, anger growing inside of me. We had just had a nice moment and she had to ruin it. Of course, I still had plenty of questions to ask her before I accepted she was my real mum.

"Callie, it's not a lie! Why do you keep saying that?" She quizzed. I just rolled my eyes.

"Becaus-" I was interrupted by a door being opened. Danielle walked out with her bed hair, yawning. I frowned at her, she couldn't have walked in in a worse time! Her eyes widened when she saw 'my mum.'

"Kacey?" She asked.

"Hi, Danielle." She responded. My eyes almost bulged out of their sockets.

"You two know each other!?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 264 24
'I looked down at the pendant and...my heart stopped. It was the shape of a puzzle piece like mine. I got them untangled and, sure enough their magne...
Lost In You By Kat

Teen Fiction

1K 94 31
✗ "I'm sorry," I choked, the tears spilling down my cheeks. He shook his head and pulled me closer again. "Don't be sorry, just work on getting bette...
165K 5.4K 40
Alone. That's what Carolina has been all her life. Her parents only care about her older sister, Bea. Boys only talked to Carolina to try to get to...
4.1K 117 39
Evangeline Summerton had always had a rough life. Her mother is a jobless tramp and abuses her physically and mentally and she doesn't even have a cl...