You Are Worth Saving {COMPLET...

By enjoyce_life

--Vampire Diaries Fanfiction-- We're all born and one day we all die. But the world isn't that simple. We all... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Seventy-Five
Seventy-Six
Seventy-Seven
Seventy-Eight
Seventy-Nine
Eighty
Epilogue

Twenty-Six

1K 23 1
By enjoyce_life

Abby

I walk with Emma and Macy through the school. It's already a few weeks after everyone finally came clean with me.

It turned out Damon told me everything I needed to know. Speaking of which, I haven't seen Damon in a few weeks either. I only saw him when he compelled me to remember Katherine again. So now, I know everything.

I also remember how I felt, standing in that motel room with Stefan, Katherine and Damon. Damon was holding my arm and even though I believed he was gonna hurt me, I trusted him. Which is kind of weird.

"Earth to Abby!" Macy says. I come back into the real world instead of my head and look at Macy and Emma, who are looking at me.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" I ask. I have no idea who was saying something at all. "Where were you?" Macy asks. "Thinking about Damon?" Emma jokes.

Yes, I told them about my moment with Damon. I needed to talk to someone about it and I am not planning on telling Jeremy or Elena! Of course, Macy and Emma were shocked when they found out. But they respect my choice, thankfully. Maybe because I told them it's not gonna happen again.

"No, not about Damon," I tell them. "I wouldn't blame you, he is hot," Emma says. My eyes go big, "did you really say that?" Emma laughs, "I don't like him, I never said he was ugly."

Macy laughs too, "yes, but character also has a say in if someone is hot or not." "Maybe, but he is way too hot. I don't know if I'll ever think otherwise," Emma says.

I roll my eyes, "can we stop talking about him?" "Oh, I forgot, he is yours," Emma says. I look at her and push her playfully. "Stop it!" I tell her, but she just laughs.

"Well, she said she wasn't gonna do anything with him again, maybe you can finally live the badboy-fantasy, Emma!" Macy jokes. Emma looks challenged, "maybe I will." My jaw drops, "please don't."

Emma crosses her arms, "why? He is not yours anymore, is he?" I narrow my eyes, but keep the smile on my face. "He is not boyfriend material for you," I tell her. "Oh, but he is boyfriend material for you?" Emma asks.

I roll my eyes and we walk on. For a moment nobody says anything. I realise my heart is beating like crazy and I feel a bit moody. I wonder where that comes from...

"Maybe I'll just sleep with him," Emma says. Macy and I both look at her completely shocked. "Why would you do that?" Macy asks. Emma smiles wide and lifts her shoulders. "I don't know. He must be really good, don't you think?" She asks.

Macy and I shake our head. "I don't wanna think about that!" Macy says, "Emma don't do that, okay? Don't be as stupid as your sister!"

My heart stops. Her sister? Caroline slept with Damon?

Macy and Emma see the shocked look on my face and laugh. "You didn't know about Caroline and Damon?" Emma asks. I shake my head. "Well, yes, they slept together. But Caroline said it was the biggest mistake of her life," Macy tells me.

We walk out of the school to the parking lot. "Oh my god... Speaking of the devil," Emma says. I suspect to see Caroline, but I actually see Damon standing besides his car. Macy and Emma both look at me, but I lift my shoulders.

Damon walks towards us, "hello ladies." We stop walking. "What are you doing here?" I ask him. "Picking you up," he simply says.

I notice Macy's and Emma's jaws almost touch the floor, but I keep looking at Damon. He is wearing his black leather jacked with a dark red shirt and black pants.

"Why are you picking me up?" I ask, "Elena was supposed to pick me up." Damon nods, "Elena asked me to fill in." I cross my arms, "where is Elena?" Damon laughs, "does it matter? We need to hurry. You need to get to the hospital in a few minutes."

I would almost forget I have to go to the hospital... Okay, that is not true, the thought didn't leave my mind for the last few days... Today I will get the results of the tests I did a few weeks ago.

"Wait, you are coming to the hospital with me?" I ask him. Damon nods, "yes, so let's go." He turns around and walks back to his car.

I turn around and look at Macy and Emma. "We'll see you tomorrow," Macy says. "Have fun," Emma says with a wink. I shoot a deadly look at her, but she and Macy walk away.

I sigh and walk with Damon to his car. We both get in and Damon drives us away.

The first minutes, we both stay quiet. I think back to the things Macy and Emma said. Caroline and Damon? Who would've thought?

"So, you told your friends about us," Damon says. My eyes go big and I look at him in confusion. "What? You didn't think I heard you?" He asks. My jaw drops. Of course Damon heard us with his super hearing...

I feel my cheeks glow of shame. "I didn't know you could hear us. Actually, I didn't even know you were here," I tell him. Damon laughs, "well isn't this a pleasant surprise." I roll my eyes at him and look out of the window.

"So, we haven't seen each other in a few weeks and this is how you treat me?" He jokes, "it feels like we're back where we started." I look at him again. "You mean the time you threatened me because you thought I knew your secret?" I ask him.

Damon laughs again, "no, the time I threatened you was after you slapped me in the face." I smile thinking back to that. "Right, after you deserved it," I tell him with a grin. Damon nods, "right, maybe I did."

I cross my arms, "maybe?" He looks at me. His eyes look offended. But then we both start laughing. "Okay, I did," he finally admits.

When we both stopped laughing, Damon looks at me. "So, your friends seem to like me," he says. I look back at him and see his eyebrows dance, what makes me laugh.

"Stop dreaming, they don't. They just think you can fulfil their badboy-fantasy," I tell him. "Well, maybe I can. I did that with you, didn't I?" He asks. I turn away from him. "Can we stop talking about that?" I ask him.

"Why not? It was fun, wasn't it?" He asks. "Why don't you find someone else to make out with?" I ask him. My anger is taking over. Even though I don't know where it's coming from.

Damon just laughs, "so now what? You want me to compel you to forget what happened between us?" "No," I say before I can think about it. I look back at Damon and see a grin on his face. "That's clear. At least you're not regretting it," he says.

The look in his eyes is... hopeful? Glad? I don't know.

"I may not regret it, I just know it won't happen again," I tell him. We arrive at the parking lot of the hospital. "Why not? You were one of the best that week," he jokes. But I can't laugh about it. On the contrary, I just get angrier. Is this jealousy I am feeling?

When Damon parks the car, I get out as fast as I can. I hear he follows me quickly. "Abby, wait!" He calls.

I stop walking and turn around to him. "Why Damon? Why don't you just go to another make-out-buddy of yours? I am done with you. Yes, we had a moment. Yes, I enjoyed it. But I don't wanna hear about all of your other buddies, who all these poor girls may be. You are proud that they all want you, fine, be proud. But don't brag to me about it! Because maybe, just maybe, our moment meant more to me. Have you ever thought about that?" I let all my anger get out with my words.

But when I see the look on his face, I just realise I told him the truth. I just told him that our moment meant something to me... I did not want him to know that...

"Just leave me alone," I tell him softly and walk away from him. But Damon - being Damon - grabs my arm. He turns me back around to him.

The look in his eyes is confused, but I think I see a spark of hope. But maybe that is just my imagination.

"I am sorry, Abby..." he says. Damon is sorry? In what world am I? Am I still living in my imagination?

I cross my arms, waiting for him to say more. "I didn't mean what I said," he says, "I don't make out with a lot of girls at he same time."

"Then why did you say it?" I ask him. "Because I didn't want you to think it meant more to me too," he admits. My jaw drops and for a moment I am not able to move.

This is my imagination, isn't it? He can not possibly say what I wanted him to say, right? He is still joking around. He must be! There is no way he feels the same thing for me as I do for him! But... what is it that I feel for him? Like, actual feelings?

"I am done with all the jokes, Damon!" I tell him and walk away from him again. Again, he grabs my arm. He turns me back around to him. His hands move to my cheeks and he moves closer to me. His lips touch mine. Without thinking twice, I kiss him back.

The kiss is not rough, not forced, just sweet...

When the butterflies freak out in my belly, I am sure. I have feelings for Damon. Damon who killed people, without regret and hurt a lot of people for fun. For that Damon, I have feelings...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

616K 11.2K 60
Cameron Ace Gilbert. The younger sister to elana, but older sister to Jeremy. The middle child. the forgotten child. Elena and pretty much everyone e...
347K 12.6K 37
"Don't call me kitten, Damon." "Okay, kitten." "I will literally set you on fire." ...
193K 3.3K 23
Victoria Gilbert. Elena Gilberts older sister, you might know her, you might not. Both girls had a normal life until the Salvatore brothers, Damon an...
189K 4.9K 22
(Y/n) Gilbert was one of the most outgoing people you could ever meet, but when her parents died in an accident things became very rough. What once w...