ELUSIVE (Book 2)

By hidden_1nk

Sawyer & Opal, how it starts. More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER: 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95

CHAPTER 27

156 24 20
By hidden_1nk

I bang on the door louder every second. I may be acting overly dramatic, but he didn't have to lie to me.

"Sawyer, open the door. I know you're in there." I raise my voice.

Everyone is too far away and busy to hear me banging.

The door finally swings open and Sawyer is standing there, with all his calm glory.

"Yes?" He questions, an eyebrow raised.

"You lied to me." I confront him, making my way past him.

He turns, following my every move.

"I knew you'd over react." He says with a roll of his eyes.

"Overreact? I would never." I stomp my foot to the ground. He snorts to himself. "This isn't funny. None of this is." I stare him down, my anger growing.

He doesn't bat an eye, he doesn't even look like he's one bit concerned.

He sighs before walking back to his computer and sitting down.

"Look, would you have given me your blood if I didn't say I tested everyone else's?" He asks.

I stand there ready to argue, but I close my mouth.

I really don't know what I would have done, maybe I would have. But he seems to know my every move and it's annoying.

He takes my pause as an answer.

"Thought so." He types away on his keyboard.

"Next time grow a pair, and tell me the truth; like a grown adult."

He quickly stands up backing me into a corner.

"I am an adult. I've had to grow up faster than you. So don't give me shit on how to act. I know what I'm doing." His words are ice as he glares at me. "You would have over reacted, I didn't want you to. I did what I thought was best." His voice is softer, as he gently looks down at me.

"You don't get to decide that." I tell him.

"Listen to me. It's over..." I stop him.

"No, you listen to me. Next time I decide and next time you tell me what is really going on." It's my turn to glare.

We're both breathing hard. Arguing in each others faces.

His face softens as his green eyes glide all across my face.

"Stop looking at me like that." I sternly say.

"Why?" He challenges.

"It makes me feel weird." I glare at him, walking away. I catch him smiling as I do.

I walk around taking in more of the lab.

"Where are we anyway?" I question. "I mean I know it's your brothers house."

"It's actually mine."

I turn to him surprised, "No," I laugh. "I don't believe that."

I turn my back to him, looking at some shelves with different colored liquids.

"We landed in Canada."

"I thought Evan said we were going to London?" I question.

He stares at me, "Well, plans change."

I nod, not really knowing what else to say. He's not much of a talker.

I continue walking all around the room, touching and looking at all the strange things he has collected.

"This is really good."

I turn to him, confused.

"What is?" I stop, and watch as he scrolls through my drawings. I rush over to him, but before I can grab the book away from him he holds it over his head.

"Someone clearly doesn't like their shit being messed with.." he says, laughing.

"No, I clearly don't. Do you?" I counter, my voice rising. I reach to grab for my drawings, but he grabs my wrist and backs me into a wall, again.

"It's not done. Wait until I'm at least finished drawing." I plea, trying to pull away from Sawyers hold.

He continues looking through them when he suddenly stops. I catch him scruff his eyebrows together, his eyes harden. He pushes me further into the wall, his face inches from mine...again. I'm frozen, and stuck against the wall. His green eyes are to blame, they're burning into mine.

"Sawyer, give it back." I finally find my voice, thankful it sounds demanding.

My breathing starts increasing, I'm not sure if it's from anger or the way he's looking at me. I'm suddenly aware how fast my heart is racing.

Sawyer slowly leans in, and I let him.

I let him!

I let him kiss me. My senses are in overdrive.

Before I get too into the kiss I push Sawyer away. I find my way out of Sawyers eyes, having been lost in them for a while.

"I shouldn't have done that." I turn away angry at myself.

Sawyer looks at me confused, before softly apologizing.

Avery comes through from the top of the stairs. She looks between Sawyer and I, crossing her arms. She gives us a suspicious look.

I know my cheeks are burning.

"Umm is everything okay?" She asks, as she walks closer to us.

I turn to Sawyer and in one swift motion I angrily pull my drawing book away from him.

"Nothing." Sawyer and I say at the same time.

He walks away back to the microscope and doesn't look back.

"You sure?" Avery whispers so only I can hear. He leaves me panting and I try calming,

"Yes. Let's go" I pull her and lead her down stairs.

"Where is your room?" I question.

"Where's yours?" She asks without answering mine.

"Right here." I point to the door at the bottom of the steps.

"Hmm." She says with a smile.

"What?"

"It's just that everyone, and I mean everyone else is staying way on the other side of the house. And you're over here by yourself near Sawyers room." She wiggles her eyebrows.

"Maybe there weren't enough rooms." I shrug, not wanting to think about it.

"Have you seen this house? It's bigger than a mansion." She exaggerates. "Anyway," she continues and we both plop onto a couch. "How are you feeling?"

"I get really cold and sweaty, other than that I feel fine." I shrug again. I lean my head back against the couch. 

"I think you ate something bad. You made quite the commotion on the plane. Everyone was crowding over you. Of course Sawyer made sure you were fine." She wiggles her eyebrows again.

"Can you stop with the dancing eyebrows?" I laugh nervously. Was she watching as Sawyer kissed me?

"It's obvious there's something there." She gives me a look.

I ignore her claims and look through all the drawings in my book.

I forgot I was drawing Joseph, I only completed half his face. I was going to give this to him on our failed date.

I'm really glad Sawyer didn't go through every drawing, he would have found one of himself.

"Wow, that looks so realistic." Avery comments and I close the book, startled by her closeness.

"Rude." She says. "Can I see the rest?"

"No." I tell her and get up.

"Come on, what's the point of drawing if people can't even look at your work?" She rolls her eyes.

I pause, she does have a point.

"I'll show them when I'm ready."

"That's a load of bull." A voice says. Sawyers voice.

"What?" Avery looks at him confused.

"I said that's a load of bull." Sawyer repeats.

I ignore them both and continue with drawing.

"Elaborate." I hear Avery, as I try to focus on drawing.

"Don't you hate it when someone knows they're good at something, but act like they aren't in front of others?" Sawyer sits across from Avery. "It's obvious certain people like the validation." He shrugs, almost likes he's bored with this conversation. The conversation he started. I roll my eyes at what he's saying.

"That isn't true at all. Some people might like their work at that moment, but are too afraid of what others might think. Not everyone is a hidden arrogant jerk." I voice my opinion much more louder than I intend.

"Most of the time people continue their work because others validate them. But the ones who know they're good and hide it or are too shy to even show how impressive they are, what's the point in continuing?" He looks directly to me and I know he's talking about me and my drawings.

"Some people enjoy it and aren't looking for validation. They get validation from themselves. Not anyone else. Some don't even care what others think!" I yell. Sawyers face is hard with anger and I'm sure my features are mirroring his. I look to Avery whose eyes are wide as her head turns back and forth from me to Sawyer.

"Don't care my ass. Everyone cares what others think. People wouldn't hide who they really are if they didn't care what others thought." He yells back, his hands are in fists as he moves closer to the edge of the seat.

"I get the feeling something happened. And I'm completely lost. Anyway, it's getting late. I should get to bed." Avery nervously gets up. She fluffs her pillow and places it neatly on the couch. She doesn't dare look at Sawyer and I plead for her to stay but she mouths a quick sorry before quickly exiting the room.

"Avery is right. Going to bed." I don't look at him. I get up and head to my room.

"Hey, wait. I'm sorry. Don't leave." I hear Sawyer say as soon as I touch the door knob to my room.

I inwardly groan, my feet taking me toward Sawyer. I stand a few feet away from him.

"Sit." He demands and I do. We're on the same couch he's on one end and I'm on the other. "You're sitting awfully far, almost like you don't trust me."

"How can I, when one, you either lie. Or two, you hide things from me." His face falls as the truth behind my words hits him.

"I want you to know that you can trust me." He sighs, scooting a bit closer. "I want you to know that I'll keep you safe."

My heart tries to hammer its way out of my chest.

"I think I can take care of myself." I whisper, exhausted with this past weeks events.

"Okay." He says, he sounds more sarcastic than genuine.

"That's it?" I question. Expecting him to say something more important. We haven't really resolved the big issues here. Which are the feelings I may be growing for him and the deadly incurable virus I have spreading through me. All I have to do is get him to stop kissing me and have him focus on some cure.

"Don't worry, I've given up trying to argue with you." He says playfully.

"Night." I tell him. He doesn't say anything else and I get up for the second time and proceed to my room.

"Maybe I can show you around Canada tomorrow..." He says softly

I turn to him with and shrug and leave him alone.

Why am I so harsh on him? He is trying to help.

I get ready for bed and lie down. My body feels strange, I feel sick but not sick. I feel the inside of my body is irritated.

I'm too afraid to fall asleep, scared I won't wake up. I don't know what the virus does, it can be different for everyone.

I toss and turn, my eyes wanting to close on me, but my brain tormenting me with it's thoughts.

Maybe I won't make it tomorrow. I feel awful. I'm over thinking. It's okay. I just have a fever.

After about an hour of tossing and turning I get out of bed with a huff.

I open my door to be met with complete darkness and I close it again. It's a big house, a creepy one at night. I just need to get some water.

I slowly open the door again trying to adjust to the darkness. I reach my hand out to the wall to see if there's a hall way light switch anywhere, but there aren't any. There might be some, just can't find one.

I hear something creak next to me and I jump and run straight up stairs.

I see light coming through the top of the stairs and I swing the surprisingly unlocked door open and shut it quickly behind me.

I rest my head on the door trying to catch my breath. I slowly turn away from the door and lean my back on it.

I open my eyes to see Sawyer standing there, watching me, he's holding a drink in his hand and it looks like he was about to drink it before I rushed in and interrupted.

He raises an eyebrow, waiting for me to explain.

"I didn't mean to come in here. I just wanted water when I heard a noise and the noise scared me and I couldn't see so I just ran. I didn't know where I was running to. The noise just freaked me out." I say all in one go.

He stares at me for a second before nodding. He walks away from his work and goes to a small mini fridge under his computer desk.

I watch as he takes out a cold water bottle.

And in one quick move he's in front of me. I reach out to grab the water but he pulls away from me.

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine." I lie, he raises the water higher.

"I'm not stupid, Opal."

I roll my eyes. He places his hot hand on my cheek.

"Jesus, you're burning." He says.

"I may have a slight fever."

"Slight..." Sawyer snorts. Sarcasm clear in his tone.

"I'm thirsty. My heart is still racing from whatever I heard."

"You sure not from something else?" I catch a small smirk before he raises an eyebrow.

He's talking about our kiss, and I hold back the urge to roll my eyes.

"I have a fever. I can be a bit delusional. Probably didn't hear a noise." I shrug. I quickly grab the water from his hand.

"You're not wrong." He softly laughs.

"Anyway, goodnight. thank you for the water."

"Mhm." Is all Sawyer says.

I slowly walk back to the door and I sigh out.

"I can't sleep." I tell Sawyer, turning to look at him.

His head snaps back to me.

"Why?"

"You're not going to like my answer."

"You feel like shit. You're scared?" He questions but it seems like he already knows.

"A little. I don't feel as bad as I did at the airport."

"There's a couch, make yourself comfortable." He gives me a tight smile before heading to his computer.

I sit on the couch and lie down. It's actually a really squishy comfy old couch. I sink in and close my eyes.

"Here, for the fever." Sawyer says, I open my eyes to him standing over me.

I take the pill and swallow. I don't say anything after that, just close my eyes.

The last thing I remember is warmth engulfing me as I slightly open my eyes to Sawyer gently placing a blanket over me.

———————————————————————
Hey guys!!!!!

How is winter break going?

I have a confession 😭

I'm really terrified to write an intimate scene. Like terrified 😂😅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.9K 926 16
Random stories I wrote about twisted kind of love, jealousy, pain, and horror.
296K 12.7K 38
[ongoing revisions] Twisted Wonderland x male reader โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” "๐๐ž๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฆ๐š๐ ๐ข๐œ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐๐จ๐ž๐ฌ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ž๐š๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐œ๐š๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ง๐š๐ฉ...
325K 4.1K 200
Just a bunch of Jiara oneshots. Be sure to check out part 2!