ELUSIVE (Book 2)

By hidden_1nk

Sawyer & Opal, how it starts. More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER: 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95

CHAPTER 25

180 23 38
By hidden_1nk

When we get back everything is the same. The car is still parked, like we didn't leave.

My heart is still beating a hundred miles per minute. I feel Sawyer behind me but I don't dare look back.

I kissed him. Not only him but his brother. I can't hurt Jospeh more, the disappointment after he finds out will be unbearable.

"Hey, wait up." Sawyer calls out but I ignore him and run to the car.

I'm out of breath and Jospeh turns to me when I swing the car door open, I lean against the side of the seat.

"Hey." He says with a smile.

"Can I sit in the front?" I ask.

"You want me to be back there with her?" He asks incredulous.

I let out a breathy laugh.

"She's not that bad. Besides she'll be asleep the whole time." I shrug, giving him my best puppy eyes.

His eyes squint in suspicion before sighing out loud and taking his seat belt off.

"Fine."

I smile, "Thank you."

I turn around to close the door but bump into Sawyer in the process.

I thought I left him far behind. I'm startled by his presence and quickly look up at him, catch his creased eyebrows as he stares at me with concern.

I swiftly look away before he can say anything, mumble a quick sorry and gracefully move around him.

I take the front seat and Evan stares at me.

"What?" I question. My face tinges pink. He knows. He definitely knows. I put my seat belt on to distract myself and when I look up Evans eyes are full of suspicion.

"Nothing." He smiles. He knows.

I sink further into my seat. He knows, I don't know how but he does.

I try sleeping, but the road is bumpy that every time I try leaning against the window my head bounces against it. And I don't want to push my seat all the way back because Avery is right behind me.

When we get to the air port Evan parks in a random parking lot and we all make our journey inside.

I avoid Sawyer at all cost. I try staying with Avery which works out but every once in a while she starts a conversation with Evan.

When everyone is standing in line I sneak away from the group to use the bathroom. I've been holding my pee for too long. The line isn't too long, everyone is with a duffle bag or suitcase. It's strange that we have nothing to travel with.

I stand by the sink ready to wash my hands and as soon  as I look down, I feel dizzy. I hold onto the sink, feeling my feet sway beneath me. For a moment I think it's an earthquake but no one around me seems to be panicking.

"First time flying?" An elderly woman standing next to me asks.

It's not my first time but my first time remembering a flight. I just have this feeling someone is going to recognize me from the news.

I turn to her, and the bright lights from the restroom cause my eyes to squint.

"Yeah." I hesitantly smile at her.

"Don't worry I am too. What helps me is a sleeping pill. I have some if you want some. Just pop it into your mouth." She pauses and searches her bag. "Just pop it into your mouth and drink lots of water and you'll sleep the whole way through." She tells me, She hands me a small packet of two pills and I grab them from her.

"Thank you." I tell her and she smiles.

"No problem, dear." She says as she walks past me, she taps my shoulder before exiting out. When I walk out of the restroom Jospeh is against the wall on the opposite side.

I close my eyes feeling nauseous from how dizzy I feel.

"Hey, you okay?" Jospeh asks. I nod, my eyes still closed.

"Sawyer knew you'd sneak off to the restroom. He sent me to come looking." Jospeh says, his hands his pocket. I nod, my heart turning from hearing his name.

"I'm fine." I tell him ignoring the whole Sawyer part. "Thanks for looking for me." I smile. I grab his arm for balance, I feel like I'm going to fall any second.

"You sure. You look a little pale."

"I think it's just nerves. A nice old lady gave me sleeping pills." I open my hand to show him and he nods.

"Next time if you have to go pee, take me with you. Girls go together." Avery says, rolling her eyes. I put my hands up in mock surrender.

"Noted." I tell her. Sawyer is talking to Evan and I look away and scold myself for looking.

Any swift head movements makes me dizzy. We stand in a long line, waiting for security. Evan passes me an ID card, and a passport. I'm the last one and when it's my turn to go through the line a man stops me at the post.

"How old are you?" He says and my eyes widen. The man looks at my ID and then back up at me as he waits for me to answer. I look behind him to Sawyer and Jospeh putting their shoes and stuff into a basket.

"Seventeen." I close my eyes shaking my head. "No, sorry. Eighteen." I tell him. He looks at me suspiciously before letting me through.

My heart is hammering through my chest and I follow what everyone else is doing. I take my shoes off since that's all I have.

"Stand with your legs apart. Arms up." The lady tells me and I do just that. The machine doesn't beep but the ask me to stand on the side.

I didn't see them doing this to anyone else. I watch as Evan is on the phone and before they can search me a second time they get a phone call. I don't get searched and they tell me to have a good day.

I grab my shoes and quickly put them on.

"Why were they going to check me twice?" I ask Evan.

"I think your name was suspicious so they had you on a list."

"Did you stop them from checking me twice? I saw you on the phone." I question.

"celui-ci est intelligent, intuitif." (French: This ones smart, intuitive) Evan says to Sawyer in I don't know what language. I turn to Sawyer and he just nods, his face stone.

"I can do anything. I'm part of the government." Evan smiles.

I don't know if I believe him but I nod.

"Where exactly are we going?" I question and turns to me. Before he can answer Jospeh falls into step with me.

"London, baby." Joseph says with a smile and I look at Evan and his face gives me the confirmation I need.

"How did you get me a passport and my picture for my passport?"

"Boring details." Evan says, shooing me with his hand. I roll my eyes. I feel kind of cool almost like an undercover spy, but at the same time I feel like everything we're doing is illegal.

We wait at our terminal.

"Want a snack?" Sawyer stands in front of me.

"Yeah, m&ms, the peanut ones."

When no one answers I look up and see that Avery and Sawyer are both looking at me.

"Was asking her." Sawyer says, toneless.

"Right." I mumble, my face heating up.

"M&ms coming right up. Want chips, water with that?" Jospeh asks and I smile.

"Hmmm, water." And he nods before walking off with Sawyer. Jospeh nudges Sawyer side and Sawyer slaps the top of Jospeh's head. I hear him owing in pain.

I laugh at Jospeh. Don't mess with Sawyer. He won't stop until he's even.

For the rest of the time I just people watch. My dizziness coming and going as I do. I'm blaming it on nerves but at this point I'm not sure.

"Here you are." Jospeh hands me a big yellow bag of m&ms and a water bottle.

"Thank you."

He sits beside me and I have an excuse to rest my head on his shoulder. I close my eyes for a bit.

Unfortunately I'm stuck between Sawyer and Jospeh.

"Were you in love with Lauren?" I hear Avery ask. My eyes stay closed, but my ears perk up.

"In love?" Sawyers deep voice sounds out.

"It's just a question don't get all Sawyer on me." Avery playfully bites back, but I hear a hint of irritation.

"Why?" He asks.

"I don't know. You just make it seem like you were. You look all broody. And your mood has been down since we started driving." She says.

"I'll answer for him." I hear the vibration of Jospeh's deep rumble through my ear. "Sawyer finds her attractive. He had a thing with her durning summers in high school. I think he thought he was in love. But I don't think so." Jospeh says and I feel him reach over to pat Sawyer on the shoulder.

Sawyer stays intensely quiet.

"You don't know what the hell I think or feel." Sawyer bites to Jospeh.

"Hey man. Calm down. Just saying what I saw."

"We're now boarding first class. Flight from Maine to London." A woman on the speaker says.

Evan stands up and we all follow him.

First class? Evan got us first class tickets. We're all teenagers, how does that not scream suspicion?

There are a lot of people waiting for this flight.

"I need to pee, again." I say out loud.

"Go, you have time." Evan says and I rush to the bathroom.

"Hey." I hear a girls voice but pay no attention. "You with the hoodie." She says. I stop and turn to her.

"Me?" I ask.

"Yes." She smiles at me. She's no older than me, she has an accent and I'm assuming she's from the U.k. Her hair is slightly blonde and a little greasy, like she's been traveling all day. She's in a dress with dirty white sneakers and a oversized blue jacket. Her eyes are small and brown.

"Okay?" I question. I awkwardly stand there not knowing what she wants.

"I saw you in the boarding line and I just wanted to tell you if you could give my number to your friend. My friends think he's hot."

She hands me a folded piece of paper and I grab it.

"Umm, which one?" I question.

"The one with the really curly hair." And she points to Sawyer. How the bell does the have the balls fo point to a random guy she doesn't know.

Sawyer as well as Evan are watching our conversation. They're far away enough that they can't hear a word we're saying.

Sawyer looks annoyed. I watch as the girl flashes him a flirty smile and Sawyer pretend he doesn't see and turns his body, back to her as he leans against a pillar.

"But yeah, if you could give that to him. It would be lovely of you."

"Umm, sure."

She smiles and walks back to her friend group.

"First class for flight to London, now boarding." The lady on the speaker announces and I walk back without going pee. Great.

"What was that about?" Evan raises an eyebrow.

"Some girl wanted me to give Sawyer her number."

"Just like high school." Jospeh says, patting his brothers back.

"You going to text her?" Jospeh asks.

"This is for you." I hold up the piece of paper out to him. My arm is shaking and he grabs my arms to steady it. My sleeve rises and I see red marks on my arm.

I quickly pull away from his hold and I watch as his jaw locks.

I turn to see if anyone else saw that, but everyone is busy doing their own thing.

Sawyer gives me a 'we need to talk face' but I turn around and ignore him.

He takes the paper with the number on it and I see him put his gum on to it and he throws it into the trash.

Evan walks to a lady with a scanning machine and pulls out his phone with electronic tickets. She scans and we walk right in.

I'm in a window seat, and a row next to me, Jospeh is in the middle seat.

Sawyer is directly behind me and Evan is next to Sawyer. Avery is a seat over from Jospeh.

The plane takes a while for people to come in and put their carry-ons up and find their seats.

While everyone is getting situated my stomach turns. A lady sits at the end of my row and the middle seat is empty.

I look at Joseph, distracting myself from the nauseousness I have.

"I know he's ugly, but it's rude to stare." Sawyer says.

I look up and see he's standing, well leaning on my seat.

"How long is this flight?" I ask.

"Give or take six hours." He shrugs and sits back down.

We finally lift off and I hold onto my seat, closing my eyes.

We're three hours in and my stomach pain is getting worse. I take my bag of m&ms out. Maybe sugar will help settle my stomach.

I choose another movie and see that they have Harry Potter and play the movie. I can't hear what they're saying, since I don't have ear phones.

I offer the lady in my row m&ms which she declines at first but when she sees all the colors she takes a handful. She thanks me and continues grading papers.

I continue to watch Harry Potter in silent mode when I hear the lady beside me speak up.

"Is that Harry Potter?" She asks, she looks like she's in her fifties.

"It is." I tell her.

"I love that movie, it's my favorite. Do you want to use my headphones?" She offers and I nod.

"Thank you." I tell her and she smiles. She continues grading papers and I happily watch Harry Potter with volume.

During the middle of the movie I'm unable to concentrate, my stomach in full pain. I hold it, trying to breath but every time I do pain shoots up all along my stomach, spine, and chest. I quickly get up and run to the back of the plane and into an open bathroom.

I heave into the sink. Feeling the need to vomit but also feeling the need to pass out. I splash myself with cold water but nothing seems to be working.

I'm full panic mode. The rim of my eyes are red. My face oily from sweating. Chills along my body and the unbearable itch and burning on my arm.

I don't know how long I sit on the floor for. My breathing is rigid and I can't get myself to vomit.

I hear a small knock on the door but I ignore it.

I hear it again, "Opal, you okay in there?" I hear Sawyers voice. "You've been in there for thirty minutes. You're causing a line. They keep calling out to you." I hear him say.

I slowly get up, my breathing deep. I'm heaving and I'm swaying as I try to pull myself up. I grab onto the sink and with all my will power I pull myself up. I thrash into the door, not able to keep my balance. I unlock it, my head and everything around me fuzzy.

I open the door and the first thing I see is Sawyer leaning against a cart. He sees me and instantly stands up straight.

"Sawyer.." I heave, not able to stand. "I don't feel good."

I feel myself falling and I know Sawyer instantly catches me.

"Is she okay?" A flight attendant asks and Sawyer asks her for cold water.

"Does she need a Doctor?" A man waiting for the bathroom asks.

"I'm a doctor." Sawyer angrily states. He turns back to me.

"Shit." He mumbles. "We have thirty minutes. Stay with me." He says, but the pain throughout my body is unbearable and I black out. I open my eyes coming in and out of consciousness but I don't hear or see anything around me.

———————————————————————
Hello 👋🏻
Hope everyone is well!

I know college may be kicking some of your butts but Sawyer believes in you. ❤️

Wise words from Sawyer:
*clears throat*
Dear Alexis's readers. I've read most of your comments and while some are well, well....You guys need to calm down. Most are quite funny not going to lie. 😆 I would tell you guys a dick joke but I don't want to come off as cocky. Going in deep here, we have a choice every single day, from the moment we wake up, one where we can decide what to put out into the world. And I just want to say choose what makes you happy. And work hard at it. I have to admit, while I was in medical school I was constantly scared that I might do something wrong. I felt so much weight in terms of not getting things right. I remember when I finally finished medical school and was working at a hospital as a real doctor, I had my first big surgery. I asked my mentor, "What if something happens? What if I accidentally kill someone? I won't be a doctor anymore." All he said was, "While the journey seems long and hard at the beginning, with perseverance and dedication the rewards at the end last a lifetime." So I leave you with this, I want this place to be your safe place. To be yourself and grow, and make mistakes. It's part of being human. Ask for help when you need it and all you can do is try your best.

Best regards,
Love Sawyer

Another update ^.^
Enjoy!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.7K 1.5K 60
[18+] READ TO FIND OUT!
882 14 16
Meet Kianna Morris, a regular teen living middle of crescent city and everything is good in her life. She has a perfect grades, a loving family, the...
299K 9K 36
One girl, three guys, and a mountain full of secrets.
107K 3.6K 25
Third story ;)