To Live Or Die (Book Two)

By Keekaneena

After finding love and realizing that there is a propecy about her, Kat and Cain proceed to train for the upc... More

Chapter One: At Least Smile As You Hurt Me!
Chapter Two: Babies!?!? WTF!!
Chapter Three: Demonic Presence
Chapter Four: A Name and A Plan
Chater Five: Lose All Control
Chapter Six : Destruction & Guilt
Chapter Seven : Exorcism Part I
Chapter Nine : The Air Element
Chapter Ten: Hunt for information
Chapter Eleven: Much Needed Rest
Chapter Twelve: The Prophecy
Chapter Thirteen: Abuse Again And Still No Smile
Chapter Fourteen: The Date Night
Chapter Fifteen : Cheating?
Chapter Sixteen : The Green Eyed Monster
Chapter Seventeen : Backseat Driver
Suprise Partner
In The Human City
Chapter Twenty: Run Away... Again
Chapter Twenty-one: Family Reunion
Chapter Twenty-Two: She Wolf
Chapter Twenty-three :
Chapter Twenty-Four: Two Day Wait
Chapter Twenty-five :
Chapter Twenty-six : Information
Chapter 27: New Plan
Chapter 28 - Cravings?
Chapter 29 : Fresh Wounds
Chapter 30: All About the Bond
New Idea: Part 31
Untitled Part 32
Chapter 33 : you didn't know?!?!
Chapter 34 : Unexpected Help
Chapter 35 : Tender Moment
Untitled Part 36
Chapter 37 : Forget Morning Sickness
Part 38 : Not Breakable Just Pregnant
Ch 39
Chapter 40 : Can't go back on uneasy feelings
Chapter 41 : Meetings To Make More Meetings
Chapter 42: When I get around to it
Shocker times two: chapter 43
Untitled Part 44
Part 45 : Joint Ideas
Part 46 - Greasy Like Slime
Part 48 - Council of Fools
Part 49 - It Starts
Part 50 - Evils of The World
Part 51 : Not Part of the Plan
Part 52 : The Grand Escape
Part 53 : Decision Time

Chapter Eight: Exorcism Part II

93 8 3
By Keekaneena

Draven's POV

Carmella followed me into the kitchen with a solemn look on her face. I know how she felt, I felt the same way, like a failure. We messed up and big time, extracting Kat's element was one thing but it was almost impossible to put the element back into her body.

"What do we do now? We can't let Belial win. There is only two hours until the midnight hour is upon us and once the clock strikes twelve we won't be able to remove Belial at all. He will take over and kill the supernatural world." I took a deep breath to try and sort out what to do.

"I know the prophecy." I snapped, she didn't need to remind me that Kat was the one who could save or destroy the supernatural world. The only thing that no one understood was that the war is not just a war between creatures. It is also a war between her mind and body.

"Sorry I am just worried. I don't want to die, and I certainly don't want Belial in control. He would not only kill the supernatural races but he would enslave and kill the humans as well." She sighed deeply troubled by our predicament.

We sat in silence for a few more minutes before I got an idea, a brilliant idea that I hoped would work to our benefit. Immediately I picked up the phone and called Alpha Cain, hoping he was still awake.

"What happened?" Cain's worried voice came from over the phone.

"We haven't succeeded yet but I need your help and your packs help some more. I need everyone who can to come surround the cottage, joining hands and chanting a prayer to the moon goddess. It has to happen soon. Very soon as we only have until the strike of midnight so banish Belial." I explain in as much detail as I can without taking too long.

"I will set it up and as many people that can will be there within fifteen minutes." With out waiting for a response Cain ended the call, I smiled at how strong is emotions are for this woman. That might just be the key to getting rid of the demon.

"Now what?" Carmella asks slightly confused.

"Now we enchant a special mirror that will not only trap but also banish Belial back to the depths of hell, then hope and pray to the moon goddess that having many more soles that want Kat safe will help strengthen us and help us succeed in ridding this world of Belial." I tell her as I walk to the bedroom down the hall from where Kat slept.

Coming back with an oval mirror that has been in my family for generations I gently set it down on the table. It was in storage because it had belonged to my great great grandmother back in the 1600's and her magic still could be felt on this mirror. The outer ring of the mirror was gold and silver wrapping around the middle of the glass like a rope, then the bottom had a plaque that read; Fear No Evil For The Luna Dea Loves Us All. In a beautiful olden time print.

"Let's go, Cain and his followers should be out side before long." I nod to Carmella trying to ease her tension. We both head to the trap door and head down once again to see that the demon is still fully in control.

"I see you aren't backing down demon." I smirk trying to act confident and not give away my doubts.

"Yes and I see you just won't give up either. It is almost the bewitching hour soothsayer, I will have my body to control. The only thing you have done in taking the woman's element was make her resolve weaker." And the demon laughed even harder then he was while mocking us.

What the demon said made me realize that by removing Kat's element she only had her wolf for support now so her internal fight won't be as strong any more. That gave me an idea though, I pull out my phone and quickly text Cain.

Me: Cain can you still mind link with Kat's unconscious mind?

His reply was immediate.

Cain: Yes why?

Me: Link with her while everyone else chants and help her and her wolf fight off the demon. Don't ask why just do it please. Also make sure everyone is calm, peaceful and thinking positive thoughts.

I put my phone away knowing he would do exactly as I have asked. Smiling to my self Carmella and I set up the new mirror in place of the demon and start the ritual all over again. First the commanding of the demon to be silenced, then both Carmella and I did the holy water. This time the demon was burned and started squirming against the restraints.

"Draven we must move quickly it is already five minutes before midnight." Carmella reminded me. So we sped up the process but made sure to do it right. While Carmella chanted the Moon Goddess's prayer in Latin I spoke it in English while we both continued with the holy water.

Slowly I could feel Kat fighting even harder against the demon and it felt like a shift was about to take place. So I raised my hands above Kat's body and yelled with as much force as I could muster.

"DEMON BE GONE! YOU ARE NO LONGER WELCOME HERE! BACK TO THE PITS OF HELL WHERE YOU BELONG! OUT DEMON YOU ARE NO LONGER WELCOME!" I felt the shift in Kat and as soon as I felt it I saw the dark shadow leave her body and go straight into the mirror. Carmella sealed it as soon as she noticed there was no more coming from Kat's body.

I could feel the positive energy that Kat was surrounded with when she was in control so I knew she would live. Her body was probably exhausted and she needed time to let her wolf heal her.

"How do we give her back her element? Once we release it from the mirror it becomes disoriented and could end up any where." Carmella asked from across the basement.

"I am not fully sure, I need to speak with someone about this. Besides we are both too weak to do it right this moment. Let's just get her up to the bedroom to rest. Her mate being near will help speed up the process. That gives us the night to regenerate our energy." I told her, still trying to figure out how to right the wrong we have done. Carmella and I untied the restraints and I carried Kat up the ladder and into the bedroom while Carmella went and informed Cain and his pack of the success.

"Will she be ok?" Cain asked as he came straight into the bedroom I was laying Kat in.

"Yes, she is just weak and drained of her energy. Her wolf will need to rest as well. You can stay with her but we have more to do tomorrow morning. I just need to be in touch with someone before then." I turn on my heels and leave Cain to be with Kat. I don't know how to tell him exactly what went wrong without causing him to freak out. Kat needs him calm and relaxed to help her with her spiritual energy.

I walk quickly out of the cottage and into the surrounding forest. I need to speak with my mother and find out if she knows how to return the element into its owner's body. I sigh as I head towards the cliff; it's the best place to have a conversation in my mind.

Once I reach the cliff I sit cross legged at the top my back towards the edge just incase someone decides they need to attack me. I take deep, calming breaths in through my nose and out through my mouth. Focusing on my mother and her power I feel my self starting to drift into the conversational state of mind.

"Mother, I need your guidance." I think out to her. This is very similar to the wolves mind link, only difference is this is a spell which weakens us as we use it.

"Yes Draven, what is it my son?" came her quick response.

"I am in need of your expertise. I just did an exorcism on an elemental werewolf. The problem that arose is that I removed the element before the demon. It was unintentional but now I do not know how to return it to the woman." I let out a sigh thinking about how bad I messed up.

"That is easy, break the mirror son. The element will know who its rightful owner is as long as the woman has bonded with the element and has taken control of it. They were as one before so releasing the mirror by breaking it will send it back into the woman. Don't use your magic to release it though, and then the element will be confused and most likely bond with the one whose magic released it. The element will feel the need to repay the one who released it." My mother explained. I smiled, my mother always knew what to do in any situation I have found myself in.

"Thank you mother, as always you know best. I appreciate your help." I told her honestly.

"You're welcome Draven. Be strong my son, and remember I love you." I could tell my mother missed me when ever we talked but for some reason I never really visited with her.

"Once I am done here I am coming home to see you and thank you properly with a hug mother. I love you to." and with that I cut the link to my mother.

I laid back in the cool grass letting the stars relax me while I recharged enough energy to make it back to the cabin so I could sleep. I felt really weak after the double exorcism and the talk with my mother. With no other thoughts in my head I drifted off to sleep on the cliff side.

**** So what does everyone think?? Have I explained things good enough in these two chapters? Did I forget to explain anything? If anyone is confused just comment or message me! I will gladly clear everything up!!! Pretty please VOTE for this chapter and all the others!****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 245 36
Skylar is a 20 year old girl, Alpha of Silver Blood Pack, she still hasn't found her mate and doesn't want to worry about having a mate. Alpha Cole o...
75K 2.2K 43
Iris has had a difficult life, running from her past and living like a nomad. She is not a regular wolf. She curses the Moon goddess for the gifts sh...
92 15 5
Rudy and Lizzie-Final Book War is raging on between Jinx and his followers against Rudy and Lizzie and their followers. Many Borns and Non-borns are...
2.6K 121 38
After surviving the Elder War, the T Squad discovers an impending doom in the backyard of one of the many Wells' residences. After being blindsided a...