The One Left Behind

By TheGirlWhoHowledWolf

have you ever been left before? have you left someone? people leave that's the truth. And I believe when they... More

One Left Behind
Exordium Of The Deviant
The Adroit And The Opaque
A Crazy President
Define, Lubēre.
Vacation
Pervert One
Used To
The Greatest Decision
#1. Go Surfing.
#2. Walk To The Old Village.
#3. Visit The Tayid Lighthouse.
#4. Visit The Church.
Real World
I'll be an Ashford
Status: Freedom
Reunion
Night Life
Friendzone
Little Things
The One That Got Away
This Time
Missed
Girlfriend
Boyfriend
Legacy
Nona
Incredible
France
Promise

One Week Left of Summer

35 2 2
By TheGirlWhoHowledWolf

Chapter 9

Cosette

"I didn't know your that clumsy." I teased as Ryan rolled down the hill when he fell from the board for a hundred times.

Were in the Marlboro rolling hills today, I decided to teach him how to ride a skateboard and the Marlboro's rolling hills is perfect for it.

"Ugh..." he groaned as he rolled over where I was standing.

"Hey, are you OK?" I asked a bit worried, his clutching his right ribs and moaning aloud. I walked closer to where he is and poked him a bit.

"Hey, say something."

He suddenly grabbed my arm and pull me down beside him. I screamed in surprise that was followed with our shrill laughter.

"How dare you!" I lightly hit his shoulder, his laughter still not dying. "Stop laughing for heaven sake!"

"OK. OK, I'll stop." He assured trying hard to stop his laughter.

Its been a month since we became friends, and everyday were together we grew closer... and closer. We do everything together, sometimes he even comes over to eat dinner with us along Luigi.

We began to know each other more than I thought I could ever know. My day will never be the same again if he isn't there with me, and I hope the feeling is mutual. His my best friend and I'm his.

"This laughing is getting me so hungry, so let's?" He asked as he lends me a hand to get up.

We walked towards the mat that we spread over the hill, we sat and started eating. We talked about random things, we laughed, yet even though we do this everyday it still feels like the first time.

We finished eating our lunch, we packed away the messy containers and mat back to his Fortuner. Then we laid over the grass and watched the sky.

This is how our they here pass by. We do some activity together, then eat lunch, chat and laugh more, take pictures and then watch the sunset at the Basco lighthouse. Then after that we hang out in the Bunkers café, until we decide to go home.

"Hey people!" Luigi called from down hill. Ryan sat up and raised his arms in question. "I'd head out first, just asking if the two of you wants to go with me?"

"No man, your old enough you could handle your ass in your own business." Ryan shouted back laughing a bit.

"How about Sette, I think she'd love to go with me." He joked.

"I'm good!" I shouted back, raising an approve sign.

"Come on Sette, aren't the two of you tired seeing each others faces, the summer's already coming to a f•ck•ng end and you're still doing the same thing. I know your secretly in love with me, so come on." He tried. I chuckled and raised a dirty finger towards him. I heard his laughter. "Bye, lovebirds!"

Ryan laid beside me again and watched the clouds move together.

"Why do you think clouds change, even though their already magnificent?" I asked out of the blue.

"Hmm... I what kind of answer do prefer the scientific or the sh•tty one?" He chuckled.

"I guess, both."

"In scientific, its just because of the pull of the air around us. In the other hand, I believe their just like people."

"Huh? Just like people, how?"

"They never settle for what they have now, even though they are magnificent, they strive for far too more beauty than they already are. They continue to change until they are gone." He said half smiling as he stared at the clouds above, I stared at his face a bit more.

Change. I hate change. They ruin something that's already fine, and sometimes it comes out for the worst.

"I hate change." I think aloud, looking back at the clouds

"Why?"

"It usually ruin something... perfect." I explained. "Like us."

I could feel that his staring at me.

"How so?" He asked as he turn to my side and stand his head over his right hand.

"Who knows, maybe the way we are now is just for summer. What if when we go back to London, we'll lost it all. I'll lost it all." I said, my eyebrows slowly moving towards each other.

"Shouldn't I be the one saying that?" He chuckled as he straightened my crumpled brows with his finger. I looked at him in confusion. "Well, you are the snob one."

"Not anymore." I corrected. He smiled and nodded in agreement.

"Then there's the change." He pointed out.

"I guess, it is." I smiled.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

"One week left before summer ends." Ryan uttered  still looking at the calendar sitting on my study table.

I was lying on my bed surfing the net, people on Instagram© kept on liking and commenting on the pictures Ryan and I have together. I can never understand why people love to butt in other people business.

We are currently in my room, its just ten in the morning. We decided to eat lunch here, the movie were watching just ended and we've got nothing else to do.

"How sad isn't it?" I bored said

Yet he didn't say a thing, when I looked at his direction I saw him scribbling something on a sheet of paper. I nonchalantly stood up and walked towards him, I glanced at what his doing.

"Hey, what the hell are you writing?"

"Just something." He mumbled, then showed me the paper with the caption on top.

"One week of summer." I read out loud. He smiled as if its an artwork, I looked at him. "Seriously?"

"What?" He chuckled. "So... what do you wanna do in the one more week left?" He said tapping the seat next to him, I sat and looked at the paper that below the caption was utterly blank.

"Hmm... what do you wanna do for #1?" I pouted in thought.

"Surfing!" I blurted out.

"Then surfing it is." He wrote surfing at #1.

"Oh, then let's go to the Tayid lighthouse in the other side of Batan island." I suggested. He just nodded and wrote it down. "Then lets go walk down the old village."

"That's a great idea, write it down." And he did.

We thought of many things and we finally filled up our week of summer right before we fly back to London.

"One week left of summer."

#1. Go surfing.

#2. Walk to the old village.

#3. Visit the Tayid lighthouse.

#4. Visit the church.

#5. Try being a farmer in a day (ride a horse and a carabao).

#6. Visit Sabtang lighthouse.

#7. Go Hiking and camping on Mt. Iraya.

"This sound's exciting." He said, raising the paper up in the mid-air.

"Then, what are we gonna do today?" I looked at him waiting for an answer. He just stood and put the letter and pinned it on the bulletin board I have on the wall above my study table.

His phone over the table suddenly rang, he looked at it and end the call.

"I'm going home today, I'll just text you. Aryt?" He said.

"But we haven't even had lunch yet." I confusedly said.

"We'll just cancel today, I'll text you." He said and walked out.

What's happening?

*Knock! Knock!*

"Come in." I yelled, my eyes not leaving the screen of my laptop. I was skimming at the contents of my camera, looking at the pictures Ryan and I took in the whole summer.

"Hey, lunch is ready." He smiled, he sat on the edge of my bed. "Where's Ryan?"

"He went home."

"Did you guys fight?"

"Nope."

"Then why did he went home?"

"I dunno." I nonchalantly said, I turned off the laptop and stood up. "Let's go down, I'm feeling so hungry."

"Uh... Sette, be careful in trusting alright?" I stopped walking half way on the upstairs hall, I looked back at him in confusion. "Just saying." He smiled.

"You see, you've been... changing too fast, this pass few days." He gulped and looked away.

"Why... isn't it good? I'm finally socializing with other people."

"Hmm... it—"

"Kain na tayo!" Manang shouted from downstairs. Andrei walked passed me and I followed down.

We sat on the dining table and ate like normal days, yet what Andrei told me earlier. His been saying some weird things such us trust, friend and love. Yet our meeting got seldom when the his school here return in resume, since the class system here is quite different than in London.

Andrei is already a first year college student in the community college here in Batan, the Batanes State College or BSC.

The rest of the days pretty blunt, it was spent surfing the net and skateboarding in the park nearby.

Until dinner came, after supper I quickly went up and do some stuff.

*1 new message received!*

I picked up my phone and looked at the text, it was from Ryan.

[Hey, let's have lunch here tomorrow. Bring your surfboard and stuff, so we can hit the waves after. ;)] —R

[K.]

[Sleep early, OK?] —R

[Yes, dad!]

[Ha-ha! Good, now sleep baby girl.] —R

[Night dad! Sweet dreams.]

[Night, sweet dreams baby girl. :*] —R

I didn't reply anymore, I got ready for bed and slept right after.

I feel so... weird. You know that feeling you wanna sleep, but your mind just can't shut up thinking about someone.

Gosh! I think this is gonna be a long night...

••••••••••••••••••••

"Kain na tayo!" – let's eat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 5.3K 38
A story in which a young girl has to discover who she truely is in the confines of an arranged marriage, and has to find a way to get out of the arr...
28.1K 1.1K 60
"You only live once." This is the overly used excuse that we use every time we make a decision and that's fine because it's true. This also goes with...
1.6K 2 24
After a break up, the chances of moving on is not a 100%. Sometimes, you move forward and find a new love. And sometimes, you just thought you have m...
228 1 11
I lost my mom at 11, that's when it started. My dad became a drunk and I was left to take care of my 3-month-old baby sister. Now I'm 23, graduat...