You Have My Word

Galing kay BrendaDaaeDestler

Book three in The Beauty Underneath series. Matthew Collins and Catherine Daei are now married, but their sto... Higit pa

Intro
Chapter 1: Six Months Later
Chapter 2: I Can't Believe It
Chapter 3: One and Then Another One
Chapter 4: Always Be Here
Chapter 5: I Miss Him
Chapter 6: Two Months Later
Chapter 7: We'll Get Through It Together
Chapter 8: Gender Reveal
Chapter 9: Not Young Anymore
Chapter 10: Four Months Later
Chapter 11: You Feel Okay?
Chapter 12: I'm So Scared
Chapter 13: She's Drving Me Crazy
Chapter 14: Don't You Dare
Chapter 15: Come Back To Me
Chapter 16: Four Months Later
Chapter 17: Seven Months Later
Chapter 18: You Wouldn't Understand
Chapter 19: I Thought We Had Agreed
Chapter 20: Just Someplace
Chapter 21: I Was Protecting You
Chapter 22: Six Months Later
Chapter 23: Three Years Later
Chapter 24: Cancer?
Chapter 26: He's Gone
Chapter 27: Miss Daei
Chapter 28: You'll Figure Out a Way
Chapter 29: You Can't- No
Chapter 30: How Does She Do That?
Chapter 31: Please, Not Violet
Chapter 32: Same Difference
Chapter 33: Not Much They Can Do
Chapter 34: True Love Endures
Book Four

Chapter 25: I Love You Too

64 8 0
Galing kay BrendaDaaeDestler

"Matt?" Josh asked, placing a few papers on his friend's desk. "Collins? Collins, you alright?"

Matt stared at the wall in silence.

"Matthew," Josh said firmly. "Come on. Look at me, please."

Matt sighed. "What, Josh?"

"Look me in the eye and tell me you're okay," Josh sighed.

"I can't," Matt frowned. "Because I'm not."

"Exactly. Which is why," Josh said, feeling highly uncomfortable, "I'm relieving you of your duty. Go home, Matt. Be with your wife. We're all good here."

"Are you sure?" Matt sighed.

"Positive. We did well enough without you, back in the day."

Matt nodded. "Thanks, Josh. See you later."

—————

"I will not kiss you. 'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you," Catherine sang along to the music playing on her phone as she made some coffee.

"Daddy's home!" Lizzy yelled from the living room, skipping around joyously.

Cath peeked her head around the corner. "Hey, Hon," she smiled, the music still playing in the background.

Matt gave a little nod to acknowledge her. "Get this," he sighed. "Isaac Taylor sent me home from work."

"Good ol' Josh," Catherine chuckled, pausing the song. "I was planning to make those stuffed shells that you like so much for dinner."

"Stuffed shells?" Matt frowned.

"Yeah," Catherine laughed, approaching him. "I haven't started yet, though, so I could make something else."

"Did you break something?" Matt frowned. "You only make those when something's broken."

"I didn't break anything," Catherine chuckled. "I had my appointment today."

Matt attempted to read her face.

Was she freaking out and trying to make the most of the worst, or was she genuinely happy?

"You're trying to soften me up, aren't you?" Matt whimpered weakly. "B-bad news?"

"Lizzy, can you go in the other room for a second?"

"Okay," she sighed, running off.

Catherine moved over and wrapped her arms around her husband. "Honey, I'm fine," she smiled.

"F-fine?"

"Better than fine," Cath grinned.

"We're all good?!" Matt asked triumphantly, sweeping her off her feet. "Everything's good?!"

"Everything's wonderful," Catherine chuckled, giving him a tender kiss.

Matt set her down and kissed her intensely, his arms wrapped tightly around her waist. "Gosh, Cath, I was so worried," he mumbled.

"I know you were, Baby, but everything's okay," Catherine smiled softly. "You can stop sitting up all hours of the night, making sure that I'm okay, like I know you've been doing."

"Thank goodness," Matt sighed.

"I love you," Catherine grinned. "Thank you for being such a wonderful husband and father."

"I love you too," Matt nodded, pressing his forehead against hers. "I love you too."

—————

"Catherine isn't sick," Mari sighed in relief as she read the text message that popped up on her phone.

Josh looked up from his phone, his eyes ecstatic in delight. "She isn't?!"

Mari could feel tears welling in her eyes. "She's okay."

Josh hugged her tightly and laughed triumphantly. "Catherine Daei. Escaping once more. Can't be beat."

"How that girl is still alive is beyond me," Mari chuckled, holding her husband close. "God, she's okay. She's actually okay."

"Amy!" Josh called. "Let's get ice cream!"

"What for?" Amy frowned, running into the room.

"Celebration!" Josh laughed.

"Of what?"

"Life," Josh shrugged. "Come on, peanut."

"Okay," Amy grinned.

—————

"Doctor?" An older gentleman with a cane asked, approaching Jack. "May we have a word in private?"

"Sure," Jack nodded. "How can I help you?"

"We're here on behalf of the Federation. I'm afraid we have to discuss some rather unpleasant business with you, sir."

"Oh? What is it?" Jack asked with concern.

"You see, sir, your brother's gotten himself into a bit of a predicament."

Jack frowned severely. "What happened? Is he hurt?"

"No. But unfortunately, because of his recent actions, millions of people may suffer. As you may well know, Isaac Taylor has been the best computer programmer in the industry since he was fifteen. Sometimes he helps us with....projects. However, since the birth of his daughter, we're afraid he's become distracted."

"His daughter has health issues. It's understandable," Jack sighed. "What do you want with me?"

The man gave a glance to his associates. "We want you to eliminate the distraction."

—————

"And that, Amelia, is how I lost a toe."

"Not true!" Amy giggled. "You just put duct tape on it because you hit it on the cabinet."

"You're too smart for your own good," Josh chuckled.

"Josh, can I talk to you?" Mari called.
"Sure," he nodded, walking into the kitchen. "What's up?"

"The agency called again," Mari sighed.

"What did they want?" Josh frowned.

"Same thing they wanted the last twenty times," Mari shrugged. "You. I told them you weren't interested, but if you wanna call them back-"

"No, you were right. I'm not interested," Josh sighed.

"Right....now, tell me you love me before we get into a fight," Mari said with a small laugh.

"What happened?"

"The school district called. I still think we should enroll her."

"No!" Josh scoffed. "She would get crushed out there, Mari. We discussed this. She's not ready."

"She'll be fine. She'd be in the same preschool as Logan and Lotte, so she'd have friends. She's brilliant and this will only do her good."

"She's not ready, Mari! She can barely bounce around the house without needing her inhaler."

"And Logan and Lotte know that. They'll stick with her and make sure she's okay. Logan especially. Look, they said that they'd be willing to let her come in for a day, just to see."

"I refuse to have this conversation again. I said no, and that's final, Mariah!" Josh snapped.

"Okay," she sighed in defeat.

"Thank you," Josh sighed, leaving the room.

Mari bitterly picked up the phone. "Yes, this is Mariah Taylor. I'd like to schedule that trial appointment."

"Alright. Amelia could come tomorrow, if you'd like," the teacher replied.

"Perfect. Thank you so much."

"No problem. We'll be happy to have her."

—————

Josh kissed Mari's cheek. "Bye, Hon," he sighed.

Amy tugged at his pants leg. "Please, don't go," she whimpered. "I don't want you to go on another business trip."

Josh knelt down and hugged her tightly. "I know, jelly bean, and I'm sorry, but I have to. It's only for a few days, though, alright?"

Amy nodded sadly.

"I'll be back soon, peanut. I promise."

"I love you," Amy whimpered.

"I love you too."

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

5.5K 204 17
[Completed] Phantom Of The Opera Fanfiction Forbidden Love? This is a scenario that Princess Christine Daaé and Commoner Erik Destler understand far...
39.9K 1K 29
Meeting the Phantom of the Opera has been Alia Raine's dream since she found the story. Little did she know, some of her dreams would turn out true...
52.7K 2.3K 110
In this sequel to The Phantom of the Opera (2004 film), Christine Daaé decides to run away and marry her Angel of Music, Erik Destler, and leave for...
32.2K 1.2K 49
Catherine Daei is a young soprano who lives in Paris. She is the understudy for the part of Christine Daaé, the main character in the famous musical...