SECRETARY ||VKOOK||

By FlowyKookie

"It's not love, if you beg for it." -------Jeon Jungkook "It's not sex, if you don't beg for it." ------- Kim... More

INTRO
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 29

21.1K 1.3K 203
By FlowyKookie

Jungkook froze. He felt like life was playing a really dirty joke on him. His vision got clouded with tears, seeing the look of indifference on Daehyung's face, he knew that man right there was responsible for this. He wanted to scream until his throat hurt, cry until his eyes dried up and became sore. His head was spinning all around.

"Congratulations on your marriage!"

"Marriage."

Jungkook's head spun and vision become blurry. He had to struggle to keep his balance. His ears rang, all around him were voices.

"Jaeho didn't raise a coward."
"Please sign these papers, Mr. Kim,"
"Don't sign it!"
"Don't blame yourself for our death, son"
"I believe in you, Kookie,"
"Stop bullying him!"

It's as if his life flashed through before his eyes. He heard voices of Kim Daehyung, his parents and Yugyeom...

He felt like throwing up, through his clouded vision he could make out Daehyung smirking triumphantly. He couldn't see Taehyung's expression, since his back was turned towards him.

He heard laughter suddenly. Someone was laughing hysterically.

Noise.

The laughter had died down and all he heard were screams and shouts. Was the screaming internal? Happening inside him? Or was it happening outside, in the real world?

Jungkook couldn't make out, and clutched his ears with both his hands.

He wanted the shoutings to stop. He'd do anything to stop it, anything.

A soft sob escaped his lips and he crashed to the ground on his knees. He wanted nothing more than Daehyung getting up and telling him that it was a joke. A dirty, filthy joke.

And just then, as if it was some sort of a epiphany, his eyes widened and he gasped.

The papers...that he signed as a "contract" and Taehyung signed assuming it's a new deal...

All of it made sense now. Everything made sense.

Kim Daehyung had indeed played a cruel joke on them. He had set them up. Him being hired was no coincidence. Kim Daehyung had it all planned out from the very beginning.

Hiring him, telling him to get close to Taehyung, the contract, sending them off on this trip.

Jungkook wanted to suddenly laugh. It seemed so simple, and had been executed so casually, so easily. It didn't take a rat's ass time to plan this out or play them. He felt disgusted as to how someone could do this to their own son. Son.

Jungkook's head snapped up towards Taehyung. He still hadn't turned around. Gathering all his strength, he weakly stood up, and walked towards Taehyung. He felt a chill run down his spine, staring at Taehyung.

He was smiling. But not the usual boxy-smile, nor one of his cocky ones. It was a smile that looked ghostly. As if his soul was pulled out of his body. His eyes were still hooded and hair ruffled. He noticed how Taehyung was lightly perspiring.

Jungkook stepped back, feeling intimidated and scared. Scared that Taehyung might do something. Either to himself, his father or to Jungkook.

Daehyung's smile had been wiped off his face.

"Tae-"

Jungkook stopped himself from rolling out his name. He was sure Taehyung wouldn't appreciate it right now, maybe he'd never appreciate it from now on.

"Mr. Kim, please step back and calm down, I'll talk to Mr. Daehyun-"

Taehyung had abruptly turned around, and the younger swore that his eyes were burning with anger.

"You'll talk to him, huh? About what? Hmm? About how both of you got together to ruin my life? About your sick plan?"

Jungkook stepped away. How could he blame the entire thing on him? He had absolutely no role in this!

"Mr. Kim, I didn't d-"

"Save it. I'm done with you both. I'm done with everything. Goodbye."

With that, Taehyung walked away. If anyone had noticed the commotion, they didn't stop by or comment on it, and at this point, none of them cared if anyone noticed. Neither Jungkook nor Taehyung.

Long after Taehyung had left, Jungkook looked at Kim Daehyung. Their eyes met for a brief second before the older looked away.

Jungkook had wanted to run behind Taehyung, tell him that he was not responsible for this...but he knew Taehyung needed some time. He'd talk to him when he would calm down. Right now, he had to deal with Daehyung.

"Why?" Jungkook's voice came out as a hoarse whisper.

"What do you mean why? Wasn't it you who signed those papers first?"

"You know exactly what I'm saying. Why did you set us up? Why did you ruin your own son's life?? Do you not have a heart, you jerk!"

"I'd watch my tongue if I were you, Jungkook."

"To hell with you. To hell with the so called contract. Had I known it was a fucking marriage contract, I'd have never signed it!" You manipulated me and your son!"

"Well, I'm glad that you're smarter than you look. I was expecting that od have to explain my whole plan to you like some sort of a helpless toddler."

Jungkook was seething in anger. Was this man really so heartless? At that point, he felt his heart breaking. Not for himself, but for Taehyung.

He truly had no one in his life, his dad was a fucking leech, his friends...were busy with their lives even if they cared about Taehyung...

Jungkook felt himself tear up, knowing he could never help Taehyung out. After all this, he'd never trust the younger.

"What was your motive?! What the hell did you gain by this?! Ruining your son's life? Was that your only aim, you sorry ass of a father!"

Daehyung chuckled.

"Are you sure you aren't happy? You should be thanking me, afterall, you're in love with my son,"

Jungkook gulped.

"I'm not in love with him."

Daehyung smirked.

"You can't fool me. All this while, you keep reiterating that I've ruined my son's life. Not once did you mention about yourself. You care about him more than you care about yourself. If that's not love, then what is?"

Jungkook stared back at him.

"You're sick. Standing up for someone doesn't mean you love them. I'm just respecting our friendship."

"Sure. A few months back, he was your boss. You admit you're friends with him now. Soon enough, you'll also admit you love him."

"After whatever you've done, he wouldn't want me as his secretary, let alone friend. Thank you so much." Jungkook gritted his teeth

"We'll see about that."

"You still haven't answered why you did this."

"Doesn't make any difference, to be honest. You guys are stuck with each other for a long time now."

Jungkook walked towards him. When he was just inches away from his face, he whispered :- "I'll figure out your motives, Kim Daehyung. And if you think you've put your son in danger by getting him married to me, you're wrong. I'm gonna keep him safe from you and your sick minions. Beware, asshole."

With that, Jungkook stepped away and walked back.

Kim Daehyung was left gaping, minutes after Jungkook had left.

-------------------------------

Taehyung sat on his bed, blankly staring at the floor.

Jungkook did prove hom wrong eventually, he was just like the rest of them. Exactly like them.

It made sense to him. His dad recruiting Jungkook, the younger wanting to get close to him.

Taehyung was an idiot if he thought that Jungkook wanted to know him, like him for who he is, and not for his dad's influence or money.

Taehyung was so immersed in his thoughts that he didn't realise the soft knock on his door, the turning of his doorknob, and the door softly being shut.

It was only when he saw Jungkook crouched in front of him, that he realised.

"Get out." Taehyung spoke weakly, had no energy left in him to shout or physical throw Jungkook out.

"Mr. Kim. You need to listen to me, please."

"I've nothing left to listen to. If you cared so much you wouldn't have spent 20 minutes down there with my dad. You're probably here to recite whatever my dad told you to. Save yourself the time, get out." Taehyung raised his voice

Jungkook sighed.

"I'm not in this alone, just so you know. Both of us unknowingly signed papers, so both of us are at fault. I refuse to take the blame alone." Jungkook spoke calmly, though exasperated

Taehyung snickered.

"Did you really sign it unknowingly? Can't be too sure about that, buttercup."

Jungkook's eyes widened, he knew the pet name had been used cynically, yet felt his cheeks forming a blush.

He took a sharp breathe. This wasn't the time to blush, this man in front of him was blaming hil for something he hadn't done, and he couldn't let that happen.

"If you think blaming me is gonna solve the mess that we're in, go ahead, keep blaming me."

"Only it was THAT simple."

"Then why the FUCK are you blaming me?? Do I look like your punching bag? Huh?"

Taehyung flinched, he didn't expect Jungkook's sudden outburst.

"I'm sick and tired of you, honestly. Your life goes south, and you blame me. Not just this time, but everytime. If we need to understand how to get out of this mess, we need to work together! Blaming each other won't do shit. I'm not too thrilled about this marriage either." Jungkook was panting hard after his mini outburst.

Even though he sounded firm, his voice wavered in the last line, which he hoped Taehyung hadn't noticed.

It was uncomfortably quite after that. Too quite, in fact, and Jungkook reckoned the older is thinking hard and will finally say something sensible.

"I'll think about it, leave and go to your own room now."

Jungkook doubted if he would really give it some thought. But he was glad that Taehyung actually spoke properly even if to brush him off.

"Goodnight." Jungkook whispered before leaving. He was sure Taehyung wouldn't answer anyway.

As he retired to his own room, he felt thankful they'd booked separate rooms, or after the events that had unfolded today, it would've been hella awkward sharing a room together.

Just when he thought he and Taehyung were making progress, this catastrophe had to hit them hard. Before anything else, he had to figure how why Kim Daehyung did this. His motive.

Jungkook knew it wasn't the time to get weak and sentimental, he had to tackle the problem.

Above all, protect Taehyung from further damage, even though he was sure this marriage was probably the greatest damage to him.

He took out his phone and swiped the screen, staring at the wallpaper of his parents.

He had to remain strong...for himself, his parents and...Taehyung.

He promised, placing his hand on his heart.

🍃🍃🍃

Hey lovelies! I'm back! :)

The debates went better than I'd expected them to, all thanks to your wishes :)

Next chapter will be based on Taehyung's point of view, he's not as bad as we think ;)

I know ya'll might have too many questions regarding the plot, and I promise I'll answer them as the story progresses :) you're free to dm me anytime, I'd love to get to know you guys 💜

Next chapter will be up by next week. :)

Thank you for the support!! Almost 86K reads and 200 followers!! I love you guys so much 😭💜

Please always stay happy and healthy wherever you are :)

Much love!
❤💜🍕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 8.6K 62
When a boy has an addiction to kissing meets a straight guy who's addicted to bets. "P-please kiss me." He whispered. "What!?" Top!kook Bottom!tae S...
1.1M 71.5K 50
"I'm pretty sure this is illegal, right?" "Yeah, but that's the fun part of it babe." ~ In which the beautiful but not so adventurous Kim Taehyung ge...
5.5K 162 17
Jungkook has a daydream where the class president Kim Taehyung was going to fuck him. Jungkook and Taehyung are in the same class, yet they never tal...
2.2M 137K 67
Worldwide superstar V had it all. He was young, rich, and famous - he got everything and anyone he wanted. But living the life of a high-profile play...