To Live Or Die (Book Two)

By Keekaneena

After finding love and realizing that there is a propecy about her, Kat and Cain proceed to train for the upc... More

Chapter One: At Least Smile As You Hurt Me!
Chapter Two: Babies!?!? WTF!!
Chapter Four: A Name and A Plan
Chater Five: Lose All Control
Chapter Six : Destruction & Guilt
Chapter Seven : Exorcism Part I
Chapter Eight: Exorcism Part II
Chapter Nine : The Air Element
Chapter Ten: Hunt for information
Chapter Eleven: Much Needed Rest
Chapter Twelve: The Prophecy
Chapter Thirteen: Abuse Again And Still No Smile
Chapter Fourteen: The Date Night
Chapter Fifteen : Cheating?
Chapter Sixteen : The Green Eyed Monster
Chapter Seventeen : Backseat Driver
Suprise Partner
In The Human City
Chapter Twenty: Run Away... Again
Chapter Twenty-one: Family Reunion
Chapter Twenty-Two: She Wolf
Chapter Twenty-three :
Chapter Twenty-Four: Two Day Wait
Chapter Twenty-five :
Chapter Twenty-six : Information
Chapter 27: New Plan
Chapter 28 - Cravings?
Chapter 29 : Fresh Wounds
Chapter 30: All About the Bond
New Idea: Part 31
Untitled Part 32
Chapter 33 : you didn't know?!?!
Chapter 34 : Unexpected Help
Chapter 35 : Tender Moment
Untitled Part 36
Chapter 37 : Forget Morning Sickness
Part 38 : Not Breakable Just Pregnant
Ch 39
Chapter 40 : Can't go back on uneasy feelings
Chapter 41 : Meetings To Make More Meetings
Chapter 42: When I get around to it
Shocker times two: chapter 43
Untitled Part 44
Part 45 : Joint Ideas
Part 46 - Greasy Like Slime
Part 48 - Council of Fools
Part 49 - It Starts
Part 50 - Evils of The World
Part 51 : Not Part of the Plan
Part 52 : The Grand Escape
Part 53 : Decision Time

Chapter Three: Demonic Presence

130 9 3
By Keekaneena

Training with Cody was easier then with the whole group, because I only had to focus on him and his water. Its been three hours and I am exhausted, soaked from head to toe and getting frustrated.

"What's the matter princess? Your slacking today." Cody taunts me as he hurls another wave from behind me. I deflect that one without seeing the ball coming straight towards me from the front. I get hit hard and thrown back fifteen feet into the lake behind me.

"For fu... CODY! This is getting ridiculous, I'm cold, tired and exhausted." I scream at him.

"Calm down and focus!" he yells back at me as he shakes his head at my childish behavior.

"NO! I am done and just going to swim here and rest. Going to float and ignore you." I retorted childishly. He wants a child I will show him one. As I float there trying to relax and clear my mind I am suddenly dunked under the water and held down by an unseen force. I struggle to break free and I just can't, I am slowly starting to lose what little breath I have and panic.

"Stop panicking and focus for crying out loud." Cody's voice came through loud and clear in my mind.

I stop thrashing and focus on my wind powers to surround me in a bubble of air so I can breath, it works and the unknown force lets go of me and I float to the top of the water. Slowly I start lifting out of the water more then pissed off at Cody. He could have killed me for crying out loud! What the hell was he thinking, Cain would murder him for this. I slowly start to lose my temper as thoughts continue on the rampage at how mad I was at Cody. Suddenly I open my eyes and Cody is standing there smirking at me.

"Glad to see your actually ready to train." He smirks cockily at me. I extend my hand towards him and without thinking I start to suck all the oxygen around him, making him gasp for air.

"Not so cocky now that you can't breath are you?" I ask, but my voice is deeper, more sinister then I have ever heard it.

"Do it, kill the imbecile!" a tiny voice in the back of my mind calls out to me, making me snap back into reality.

Instantly I drop my hands and stop my powers from killing Cody. I stand there staring in shock and utter horror as he drops to the ground gasping for air and holding his throat. He is down on his knees panting and relishing the air that is now filling his lungs and I still can't move.

"Wh.. wha.. what the hell?? What the hell was that?" Cody gasps between deep breaths. I just stand there scared to move. I don't even know what to say.

"I.. I... I'm.. just.. I don't know." I stutter out quietly. I know he can hear me but I still can't talk any louder. Cody is up and over in front of me within an instant, his eyes have bled to pitch blue, showing that him his wolf and his element were extremely pissed off with me.

"Seriously! You almost kill me and that's all you can say?" he screams in my face, his whole body is shaking in pure anger now telling me not to push his buttons right now. I just can't help it, I start crying out of frustration. I honestly don't know what happened back there. Its as if I wasn't even my self. Like I was taking the back seat in my own body. But I didn't know how to say that to Cody, especially when he is this angry.

"I don't know what else to say Cody! I am sorry I promise I didn't mean to try and kill you. I don't even know how to explain what happened." I yelled back, I pushed him and used my powers to send him flying away from me, I shifted ripping my clothes and ran. I ran as fast I could, which is pretty dam fast considering I can run like the saying says, 'fast as the wind'.

"Camira, what happened back there? Why did we try and kill Cody? I questioned her.

"I don't know, I couldn't control our powers. You remember how you had the feeling of taking the back seat and watching someone else have control, well that's how I felt as well. Something is not right with us. You must go and talk with the others. Maybe they can figure out what is wrong." I could hear her worry through the link.

I decided there and then that Camira was right, this is something that Tyler, Pat and Cody needed to hear, and you never know maybe someone will know what is happening. So I turned around and used my powers to run back to the pack house. I just hope that I can convince Cody that I truly didn't mean to try and kill him.

It doesn't take me long and I am home, I come to the tree line and realize I don't have any clothes to change into. I ripped them when I shifted back in the clearing I remembered. Now what?

"Kat baby where are you? Cody came back five minutes ago explaining what happened while you were training. Where did you go?" Cain asks me in a panic.

"Its ok hun. Calm down please, I am out back in the tree line in wolf form. I went for a run to try and figure my thoughts out. Can you please bring me a change of clothes, I ripped mine when I shifted. Please hun?" I giggled at how worried he sounded even though I was right out back. I guess I really did run faster then the wind if I was only gone for about ten minutes or so.

"I will be right there baby, you had me worried sick." I could feel Cain's relief through our bond.

It wasn't even five minutes later when Cain came out the back door, I lift my head as he walks towards the bush line. He doesn't say anything just hands me my clothes and waits for me. I don't hide behind a tree since its just the two of us out here while I shift back. Pulling down the shirt after getting dressed I look up to see Cain watching me carefully as if I was going to go mental and freak out or something.

"Can I please explain to you before you start judging me?" I asked a bit more snippy then I had intended. Cain raised one eye brow at my snappy tone, but nodded for me to continue any ways.

"Cody had pissed me off while training because he had pulled me under water and almost drowned me, but both Camira and I talked and neither of us know exactly what happened when I got mad. It was like we were all sitting in the back seat while an unknown force was in control of my body. I heard some kind of deep, scary voice in my head telling me to finish him off and that's what snapped me out of my rage and made me realize that I was killing Cody. I honestly don't know what happened. It was really weird, and I need to explain all this to Tyler, Pat and Cody to see if maybe they can figure out what is happening." I explained quickly to try and get Cain to understand that I honestly didn't mean what I had done. I felt so guilty about it, I consider Cody a close friend since all this crazy shit started.

"So let me get this straight, you expect us to believe that you couldn't control your own body or powers and nearly killed a fellow elemental by 'accident' and all you can say is you don't know what happened?" Tyler asked as him Pat and Cody stepped out from behind some trees, scaring the crap out of me in the process.

"Perhaps we should move this conversation into my office. I will call Jenson in as well to see if maybe he can help determine what is happening." Cain suggests before I can even say anything. Everyone agrees and we head inside, as we reach the office I see Jenson and Dax heading towards the office from the other direction.

"Let's try and figure this out today because I don't think Kat's training will be continuing until we do figure out what's happening." Cain said once everyone was seated.

"Ok, so what exactly happened out there that everyone is so scared of this little girl?" Dax asked a little irritated.

"Well I was training Kat out in the clearing today and she got tired and started to act childish while trying to quit our session, so while she floated around in the water I used the currents to pull her under, making her think quick and get out. But instead she was panicking. So I told her to calm down and focus, there was no way I would have let her drown but I wanted her to focus, which is what I had tried getting her to do the whole lesson." Cody shot me a glance which silently said he wasn't impressed that I was distracted today. So he continued, "She finally got out of the situation and used her powers to get up on to solid ground. I was glad she was focused so I taunted her a bit and she suddenly raised her hands and I could feel her sucking all the air out of my lungs and from around me which was choking me. Her eyes were pure glowing red and her voice was really deep and almost sinister sounding." Cody's eyes glazed over as if he was remembering, and he stopped talking. I took the opportunity to tell my side of the story.

"It was the weirdest feeling ever, it was like I wasn't in control any more. Camira agreed, she wasn't even in control. But what snapped me out of the whole thing was when I heard a voice tell me to kill the imbecile. That was when I realized exactly what I was doing to Cody." I finished as silent tears started streaming down my face. Cain put a reassuring arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him.

I don't know why I was crying, I was upset sure, but it just felt like my emotions were going crazy today for some reason. I don't know if it was because of what happened between me and Cody or what but all I know is that I don't like feeling so weak and vulnerable.

"I forgive you Kat, don't cry. I kind of figured it wasn't you as I was being choked, I was just shocked that you were doing it to me." Cody tried comforting me, which helped a little.

"This is so annoying, I don't even know why I'm crying. Please we have to figure out what the hell is wrong with me. I don't even know what is going on, all of my emotions are acting weird." My voice cracked at the end due to how emotional I was getting.

"I think I have seen this before some where." Jenson says, while looking deep in thought. Without another word he stands up and leaves the office. Everyone shares a WTF look as Jenson comes back in with a big old style looking book in his hands.

"Bu.. but Jenson you can't share the info in that book with just anyone." Dax complains.

"Shut up Dax." Jenson responds frustrated. "If she is what I think she is then I need to share this info with all of them." He starts flipping pages while being careful not to rip or break the book.

It takes a few minutes of tense silence for Jenson to find what he needs. When he does he places the book down in front of Cain and I to read. He points to the middle of the page, it read:

When a demon invades the mind of a supernatural creature their minds turn on them, creating the opposite effect of the person. IE. A happy person is turned angry, someone very in tune with their emotions become and emotional mess, ETC. This is usually caused by an extreme power surge. This usually effects Kings and Queens, or Alpha's and Luna's once they mate and become as one. The only thing that will cure the 'infected' is to find a soothsayer or shaman to work their magic. If unable to become cured the demon will fully take over the body of the carrier and hell on earth can be created.

Cain and I just sat there staring at each other after reading this, unsure what to make of it. It just baffled me that I could be possessed by a demon.

"I know of a trustworthy soothsayer that would be able to help, but he won't be able to get here for at least three days." Jenson finally speaks breaking the silence in the office.

"Do it." Was all Cain said before he picked me up and took me out of the office. I didn't know what to think, this was all a bit much for me to handle.

**** So yeah, now she is possessed by a demon!! AAAHHH What next? Lol Pretty please VOTE AND COMMENT!! Thank you lovelies!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.6K 1.1K 17
Prologue. Iris had a perfect life with her Mate and Alpha, Asis. She was the Luna of Fury Pack. A year ago, Iris had been a rogue. Asis had found h...
1.5M 53.1K 32
( WARNING I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS LIKE 12 READ AT YOUR OWN RISK ) Sadness.Hate.Anger.Pain. That's all the feeling Maria feels. Her pack abuses her m...
2.7K 47 19
A girl who is new to being a werewolf. In this story she is curious and wants to find out all about being a were and learns a little to early that no...
162 5 7
The war is here and the entire werewolf specie are on the brink of extinction after the massive attack from the witches. Iris and Malik barely manage...