Always Yours (King Series #2)

By heyitsmaiii

They both swayed to the music seeming as they were lost in their own universe, they smiled at each other and... More

Hi
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Thank You
Epilogue

Chapter 24

5.1K 164 20
By heyitsmaiii

〖♕️〗️

C H A P T E R

TW E N T Y F O U R

【️♕️】

I could only vaguely remember tiny details that had occurred, such as a soft touch skimming on my cheeks, the occasional brushing of my hair or even the deep inhales near my neck.

My eyes fluttered forcefully, pools of bluish-green blinked back at me before my eyes closed again.

Once more, my eyes opened just a little to see wisps of silky brown hair, heavy inhales could be heard as I groaned and the person seemed to tense. Familiarity coursed through me, I felt relaxed and safe around this mysterious person- which was a privilege.

Rose

“My Rose

My eyes flickered open as I stared at the handsome face of the King. He was smiling at me with so much affection that it caught me off-guard. Was I dreaming? Yes, this must be a dream.

There was no way he could be looking at me like that. His eyes were full of passion and hidden affection. He was smiling warmly at me as he held onto my body, his touch electrifying sending jolts of pleasure to my body and heart.

His hand was caressing my hair as his other hand skimmed my cheek ever so softly. I closed my eyes, enjoying his touches, not wanting this dream to end. I didn’t want to wake up into reality, I wanted this dream to last forever.

I weakly lifted my hand to touch his strikingly gorgeous face, he was so perfect. His eyes were so mesmerizing, his nose straight and prominent, his lips so luscious and so inviting. His jaw sharp and accurate, as if it can cut through steel. I boldly touched his lips, and it was just as soft as I had imagined it would be. I wonder how it would feel against mine.

I blushed as I remembered our kiss. This is just a dream isn’t it? What’s there to be afraid of? I’ll enjoy this moment before I wake up.

“It wasn’t me” I murmured to him. As if this was reality, as if he was actually real.

“What wasn’t you?” he asked, his voice husky as he lowered his head against the junction between my shoulder and neck. I shivered against the physical contact, taking note how I was enjoying it so much.

I ran my hand through his hair and he groaned, I stopped thinking that he was in pain. I began to remove my hand from his hair when he stopped me and placed it back urging me to continue.

I smiled at him before I responded, “It wasn’t me who stole your mother’s necklace”

I continued to stroke his hair, “I wouldn’t dare to steal anything, I know better than that” I continued, pained by their accusations. I removed my hand away from his hair as I tilted my head in another direction, not wanting to let the tears fall.

I felt his hand cup my chin as he tilted my head so that I was looking back at him, he must have noticed my unshed tears as a frown marred his beautiful face. His thumb wiped my tears away as I whimpered.

He leaned closer as he kissed my eyes, I whimpered louder this time, not accustomed by the affection that I was getting. I didn’t want this to end, I would wake up and I’d be back in hell. I wrapped my arms around his neck, wanting to feel him closer as I buried my face in the crook of his neck. His hand came and rubbed soothing circles on my back.

“It wasn’t me. It wasn’t me” I cried out, wanting him to believe me.

“Shh. It’s going to be okay. It’s going to be okay” he said, his voice gentle as he continued rubbing my back. It became silent for some time and I calmed down but didn’t want to remove myself away from him so I remained in my position. Liking how our bodies were so close to each other. I could feel the hardness of his body, his warmth caressing my body.

“I’d never do it” I murmured.

“I’d never be able to live if I really did. But I guess that didn’t matter because I’m still here” I chuckled sadly, cursing internally how life is so unfair.

I felt the King stiffen, “Who framed you, my Rose? I promise, I will get things right” he said sternly, his voice tinted with anger. I bit my lip, contemplating whether I should tell him or not.

“It’s not important, as if they would believe me” I smiled sadly. I could feel waves of anger coming off from the King and I frowned.

“Rose, why would you say that? You should have told me that it wasn’t you”

I shook my head, “I did, didn’t I? And it had hurt, you know, it hurt when you didn’t believe me. When everybody was looking at me accusingly”

“I’m sorry. It’s just that, my anger took the best of me. I didn’t even bother to look into it and accused you” he gently removed my head from his neck and cupped my face. He looked at me grief and began to stoke my face. I leaned closer to his touch, wanting more.

“I’ll make things right. And I will make sure that that person will pay for blaming you and for lying” he said as he clenched his jaw in fury. I smiled, wanting to believe his words but then I remembered that this was just a dream.

Just a dream.

“Do you know what’s funny?” I asked him as he continued to stare at me, his eyes dilated in the dark as he smiled at me before he hummed in response.

“I just turned 18” I whispered to him and he looked shocked. I smiled at his reaction before I stared down, looking at me hands.

“Today’s your birthday?” he asked as he clasped my hands in his. His were bigger and warmer that mine and they seem to engulf my small hands in his. Our hands fit perfectly with each other and I wanted to never him to let go of my hands

I shook my head in response as I stared at him. His handsomeness never failed to stun me to the core.

“It was during Lady Amanda’s birthday” we both fell into silence before he cursed something under his breath before he pulled me closer to him. Tingles spread throughout my body as I snuggled closer to him.

“I’m sorry once more. I didn’t know” he looked like he was in pain. He was pursing his lips. I looked up at him and tilted my head in confusion. Why was he sorry?

“Belated happy birthday, my Rose. I’m sorry I didn’t know and I haven’t gotten you anything” my heart warmed at what he said. Even though this might be a dream, it is the best dream that I ever had. When I dream, it was always nightmares.

“It’s fine. I’m happy that even though this is a dream, I got to hear you say that to me, so I am very happy” I grinned at him and he looked pained once more. He opened his mouth wanting to say something but reluctantly closed it.

He sighed before he smiled at me warmly, “Tell me, Rose. What would you like for your birthday?” he asked me as he began to stroke my hair.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, “But it’s not my birthday today” I stated the obvious and he chuckled. I loved hearing his laughter and I loved it more because it was me who made him laugh. I smiled at the thought.

“Even so, think of it as a belated birthday gift” I thought hard, there were so many things I wanted. But just to humor him I responded,

“Freedom” I whispered to him. What I actually wanted was to have someone to love me and for me to love them back. But I knew that was never going to happen, besides, it’s not like he’s going to grant me that. He is after all, a fiction of my dream.

The actual King wouldn’t behave like this with me in reality, I thought dejectedly.

He paused before he asked, “Why freedom?” I shrugged my shoulders.

“Maybe because I never had any” I saw him gulp as he looked at me. I blinked up at him before I smiled. He smiled back and kissed my forehead gently. I closed my eyes, basking in his affection.

“Sleep, my Rose, I’ll be here. Always” he said as he cradled me in his arms as I started to succumb to the darkness. I faintly remembered him saying,

“I’ll make things right, my mate” before I finally slept.

Okay okay, i finally updated, holy shit, i just realized i haven't updated for a year! Damn. Anyways, I'll keep updating chapters so please bear with me and stay tuned.
Thank you(ノ*>∀<)ノ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

321K 9.9K 54
Everest Salone was known for being the easy target to get in bed. She had heads turning as she walked because of her barbie hourglass figure. She was...
927K 27.3K 21
The pain was too intense. I had no one. Parents? My mother died in a fire. Father couldn't stand seeing how much I looked like my mother. Sibling? M...
255K 12.4K 67
"I'm going to erase and replace that man-every man-from your mind," Alexander's grip on me tightens. A snarl escaping his lips to remind me exactly w...
93.6K 3.5K 55
Kaelynn has been on the run ever since she killed her father on her first shift. When circumstances force her to stop running, how will she ensure sh...