The Torn Sins

Par SlimJimSem

"Greetings to you all across the nation of The Castle. I, your Queen, come today, bearing sad news. Your prin... Plus

The Torn Sins
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIIIV
Chapter XXXV
Epilogue

Chapter XXVII

86 10 3
Par SlimJimSem

Cybil's POV 

"What kind of changes would you be making around the Castle if you became the ruler?" the announcer calls out.

I gaze over at my brother, offering him a wave of my hand to signal that he should go first. After flashing me a slight smirk, he begins his spiel.

"I'd start by ensuring peace and safety in our community. It's been brought to my attention that the streets have been rowdy lately, just last week a vampire was found dead in a back alley. Unacceptable, our people must be protected." Applause erupts from the audience, he pauses for a moment before continuing. "I'd also work on expanding our education system. Having a daughter of my own has shown me that private tutors is not an acceptable form of teaching in such a large community. I've been to cities where they have different schools set up to teach different styles of learning based on the interests and abilities of the children. I'd want something like that for our youth here. Those would be some of the changes I'd start with, other things could come into place at a later date." As he finishes, he looks over at me from his balcony and I mouth the word coward at him. He gives me a wide smile this time before gesturing towards me.

"Ah yes, my brother's interests are mundane I'm afraid, quite simple indeed. I'm after creating a new era here in the Castle, wouldn't you all agree it's time for some real change?" I call out and they cheer me on. "I'd start with the outskirts. Children being ripped from their homes without any idea what the Castle is like; unacceptable. Feeders should be elegant, proper, and trained from birth in my opinion. The fear on a child's face the first time they're bitten, it's unlike anything else. Just ask Natham, that very type of fear is why he's with us today. He sacrificed his freedom to keep a child from experiencing that type of pain, and I would do the same. The system in the outskirts would be different.

"Next, I'd tackle the Borders. Have you seen the community those humans are living in? Ridiculous, my mother always says, 'If you can't take care of your pets then I won't let you have any,' and I couldn't agree with her more. None of us would dare spend more than a few minutes in the Borders, let alone live there. Why should those humans? We could teach them to willingly share their blood with the common Castle folk, just as we have to the feeders that share their blood with Nobility. The only way this could happen though is through educating them, teach them that we are not monsters, instead that we are creatures of peace that purely wish to survive. A humble servant is always better than an unwilling one.

"As my brother mentioned, a vampire was found dead a few days ago, and we all have no doubt that it was a human that murdered him. I know this sparks outrage amongst our community, but what can we expect? We've had them living like rats, caged animals, of course they're behaving this way. We must nurture them, raise them up in the way we want them to be," I can tell I have them hooked. They're all listening so intently, even my brother's eyes are glued to me as if he's astonished, his ears fixated on every word I'm saying.

"The last issue I'd like to bring up right now is the education of our slaves. Natham is to be your king...he cannot write and can barely read. I know you're all thinking, 'Well he was a slave before, he didn't need those skills,' but you're wrong. Lack of education fuels hatred. If our feeders knew their history, knew that their blood was a holy and wondrous thing, they'd feel proud to serve us. If we better our humans, we better ourselves."

I wait, in silence, for their response. I've done my best to manipulate the situation in a way that will be to their liking but I can only hope...deafening applause erupts suddenly amongst the crowd. Their cheering causes a ringing in my ears and before I even know what's happening, red roses are being tossed into the air, towards my balcony. It's a sign in our campaigns, of being favored by the people. My mother's mother once had roses tossed at her, now it is my turn.

"Wow, it appears that Princess Cybil has began to persuade the people in her favor. The red roses are being tossed! But there's time left still for it all, and Matrix could win the people back over in his favor. Come back tomorrow everyone, to hear more discussion amongst your two candidates!" the announcer calls out.

I rush back inside the room, Natham following behind me. It's been a few days since his change and he's blossoming quite well. Gwyneira and I have started teaching him to read, writing will come easier after he has accomplished the task of understanding the letters.

"That was brilliant my love, absolutely brilliant," he says to me before leaning in and kissing my lips. The kiss is deep, and I feel my body go cold. I pull back from him and put some distance in between us.

Being alone with him has been a general discomfort since the day of his change. He's always reaching out to touch, or pressing his advances with a kiss. I miss our old ways, platonic touches, caring friendship. Yesterday he made a grab for my ass, and while I gave him hell for it, he didn't take me seriously. Merely laughed it off.

"Natham, please stop with the-" I'm cut off as Mother enters the room quite suddenly. She'd been down below in the crowd, instead of on the balcony with me this time. Analyzing my stage presence, she'd said.

"Cybil, you want to offer rights to the humans?" she questions, looking at me with that darkness in her eyes that she wears so well.

"Of course she doesn't, Cybil merely wants to educate them and improve their standards of living. It's not like they'll be voting or walking around free," Natham cuts in before I even have the chance to speak.

Mother stares at us both for a moment, before giving a subtle nod. "I see, it's a fair tactic I suppose, as it might cause them to be more endearing to us all. Give them treats instead of punishment," she muses.

"Exactly," I answer.

"As long as you don't spoil them Cybil, you don't want a rebellion on your hands. If you're not careful, they'll think you're offering them freedom," she warns.

"Mother, I am your child, don't you think I'm aware of such issues? Matrix spoon fed that crowd, but I gave them meat. Juicy, bloody meat, and the people of the Castle are rabid animals. They live for a slab of flesh."

"You always have been such a clever girl. Both of you, come with me. Now that we're through with debates for the day, we need to discuss the wedding details."

Ah, another burden that has been placed upon me. Mother wants Natham and I married as soon as possible, to represent a strong union to the people. She feels as though it will improve my polls in the campaign, and I can't necessarily say that she's wrong. Still, picking out flowers and color schemes has never really been my cup of tea. Nevertheless, I follow Mother out of the room, Natham tagging along behind me. As we enter the hall we come across Matrix, Gwyneira, and Lilly.

"We were just coming to see you," my brother calls out.

"Follow along then, Cybil has wedding duties to attend to," Mother snaps. The group hurries to keep up with us.

"That was quite a speech you gave back there. You really are proving to be a worthy opponent, little sister," Matrix says.

"Your point?" I question.

"Just stating the obvious, that you need to be careful is all. We wouldn't want anyone of power getting the wrong idea," he explains. I look up at him and he gestures towards our Mother.

"He's right you know," she calls from ahead, not even realizing he's talking about her. "I just got done telling her to be careful Matrix. Don't worry, she doesn't need a lecture from you as well." I roll my eyes at her back and give Matrix a nod, showing that I understand what he's getting at.

"Mind if we tag along to see the wedding plans so far?" It's Gwyneira that asks this and I can't help but smile at her sweet face.

"Of course not, join us won't you?" I hold my hand out to her and she takes it. We walk just like that, casually, and I miss having this feeling with Natham. Part of me regrets turning him, his sexual libido has increased severely since the change.

"Lily and I will come as well, if that's alright?" Matrix adds.

"The more the merrier," Natham speaks and I flinch, I'd almost forgotten he was there, I'd almost had peace for just a moment. Gwyneira must've felt me jump because she looks at me with a questioning expression.

I give a shake of my head, "Sorry, I'm just a bit out of sorts. The campaign is taking a lot out of me."

"We should have some time together, I can help you relax," she offers and I know she's right. Before I can respond we enter the small dining hall, which Mother has converted to a wedding planning center. There are pictures strung up along the walls, ideas brewing, and all kinds of papers strewn about on the table.

"Gwyneira, would you please?" Matrix points towards the feeding station and Gwyneira immediately responds, breaking our hold and walking towards the station to drain herself. Meanwhile, the rest of us take seats at the dining table. Mother waits until Gwyneira has brought a cup to Matrix and sat herself before speaking.

"There now, we're all settled. Cybil, you agreed to the colors peacock and gold right?" Mother questions.

"Yes, that is correct, Natham and I discussed it, and he's on board as well."

"Perfect, now we can move onto the important part," she digs through some of the papers scattered on the table, searching for one in particular. Once she finds it, she hands it to Matrix, whom is sitting at her side. "Each of you take a look and then pass it down to Cybil, she should receive it last," it works out well since I'm sitting opposite of her.

I watch as Matrix's eyebrows shoot up and a smile stretches wide upon his face. I feel a small bit of excitement brewing inside of me, much to my dismay. It's not like me to be excited over something as tedious as a wedding, but I just can't help it. The very thought of what's on that paper makes my hands tremble. I watch as Gwyneira and Lily analyze it together, and then they skip over Natham.

"He shouldn't see it until she's wearing it," Lilly says and Mother nods her approval.

"Clever girl, we want his jaw to drop don't we?" Mother winks at Lilly and at last the paper is given to me. I feel my throat go dry and tears prick at my eyes as I gaze at the picture drawn on the paper.

It's incredible, the kind of dress designed with only me in mind. The artist has perfectly captured my shape and style. The colors are breathtaking, and I am in awe. I clear my throat before speaking, "Mother, it's lovely, the most beautiful thing I've ever seen," she claps at my approval, a wide grin stretched on her own cheeks.

"I'm so happy you like it, I knew you would as soon as the designer started sketching the corset part," Mother muses, we all know I have a soft spot for corsets. "Good then, now let's talk about food."

The dress has uplifted my mood and I engage quite well in the meal choices and the flower options that follow. When all is said and done I say my goodbyes and sneak off to my room. I am grateful to be alone, I've been missing peace and quiet-my thoughts are interrupted as the door creaks open.

Author's Note;

Who do you think is coming in the room?

Also...Natham is...just a whole mess. A big, entire, buttload of mess. That's all I'm gonna say on the matter.

Thank you all so much for reading, please don't forget to vote and comment. Love you all!

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

96.3K 2.9K 17
#3 in short story! 3/29/2019 #34 on Royals! 8/20/2019 #8 on heartfelt! I was walking to the grocery store when I thought some one was following me ...
1.3K 60 59
HER It's been over a year since my first taste of blood, since I've learned what it means to truly evolve in order to survive. I'm not proud of what...
18.4K 684 27
TEASER: "No fiancée of mine needs to learn how to fight." His breath flows upon the prickling skin of my neck. I close my eyes, involuntarily shu...
95K 3K 51
Rosalie Brookwood , Queen of all wolves and magical creatures Born in the Medieval time era . Half Werewolf ,Half Vampire. Her mother died in a ro...