His Demonic Possession: Demon...

By KrazySkittz

(Warning 18+) Being childhood friends growing up they were bound to fall in love. Luna Collins was now 14, an... More

🌙Authors Note🌙
Prologue
Past Beginning
BitterSweet
Tasteful Morning
Nerves
True-Self
Shy Away
Relax
Regret
Alcohol
Pain
Indifferent
Confusion
Comfort
Uncalled For
Intense
Anxious
Struggling Truth
Anxiety
Overthinking
Unsure
Hold Me
Happy Birthday
Embrace
Last Touch
Wakeful Bliss
Missing
Hurtful Farewell
Closure
Unexpected
Choice
Guilt
Untold Honesty
Light Fantasy
Dark Reality
Faded Memory
Moving Forward
Awakening
Thinking Back
Painful Memories
Reuniting Curse
Lustful Hatred
Push & Pull
Inhumane
Trapped
Tragic
Caged In
Devour
Diabolik Lovers
Unwanted Desire
Burning Bodies
Sinful Envy
Sensing Thoughts
Blood Stain
Caught Between
Curious Demon
Human Bond
Betrayal
Skin Contact
Present Time
🌙End Of Authors Note🌙

New Chance

4.2K 143 65
By KrazySkittz

Luna's POV:

It didn't take long before Ren dropped me off at my house, though he asked if he could wait here until I came back from my Father's check-up. I didn't ask why, but I could only assume he wanted to know about my dad's test results. My head was already filled with worry and stress, I don't think I could handle any more problems happening in my life. It wasn't until I went with my parents to the hospital, that my mother and I waited for what seemed like hours in the waiting room. Just how long are these tests, is Dad doing okay? I'm sure my mother is very worried and feeling anxious just as I was...I pray and hope, that everything will be okay. And we could all go back home soon...

"Mom."

Calling out to her, I stared up at the clock to see that we'd been here for over three hours already...

"Yes, what is it?"

My mother responded in exhaustion while resting her head back...

"Will dad...be okay?"

I asked while grabbing onto her hand, my nerves were starting to get to me, and all this waiting was driving me insane!

"I hope so, but whatever happens...will get through this together, as a family."

She explained with a weak smile, I could tell she was trying so hard to stay strong in front of me. But I knew that deep down she was scared just like I was. After waiting another long hour, I saw that my father and his doctor finally stepped out of the room, but the look on their serious expressions scared me. My anxiety levels were through the roof and quickly rushing towards them, my mother grabbed onto my father's hand as we all waited for what the doctor had to say. Nothing could prepare me for what was to come...I just wish that it was all just a terrible nightmare.

The dread of heading back home was very surreal, it was difficult for me not to break down in front of my parents. My dad didn't say a single word the whole drive back, even when we got home...he couldn't look at me or Mom. It breaks my heart having to deal with this at such a young age, I just wish my father didn't have to go through with this at all! My mother didn't have the strength to do much once we got home, she tried talking to my dad but he just wanted to be left alone. I can't say I don't blame him, I'm sure he has a lot going through his mind...

"Hey...mom, have you...heard anything from Miss. Reed?"

I asked in an awkward tone while taking a seat on the living room couch. I know it was a random subject to bring up, but I just wanted to get her mind off of things...

"Oh! Sweetie, I'm so sorry, but I forgot to tell you. She...moved a few weeks ago. I'm so sorry, I've been so stressed lately with everything that I completely forgot to mention it. I last spoke to her a few days ago on the phone. She's seeing a therapist at the moment with what happened with Elijah-"

Mother quickly stopped herself from speaking as she gave me a sympathetic stare. It's been months since my parents brought up Elijah, I guess they didn't want to bring back any painful memories. But it is a bit of a shock to hear that Miss. Reed left this town...

"It's okay, you don't have to worry anymore about me. I have to accept the fact that Eli is probably...gone. But why did Miss. Reed leave?"

I asked, it must've been hard to make such a big decision to move out of town. This was my mom's best friend, so I'm sure she's a bit upset with Miss. Reed leaving...

"She just couldn't handle what happened, so she chose to leave and start a new life. But it's been very hard for her to move on, so she needs a little bit of help."

Mother responded while gripping my hand so suddenly...

"I understand, it's been hard for me too. Not a day goes by when I don't miss him, I wake up every morning thinking that maybe he'll come back. I sometimes even check my phone to see if I might have gotten a text or call from him...but I have to accept the reality just like Miss. Reed did." I said as I began to tear up...

"Luna, I need you, to be honest with me when I asked you this."

She said with a serious tone as she shifted her body towards me...

"What is it"

"Luna, did you love him?"

My mother asked as she continued to grip my hand, only this time she gripped it a bit more tightly. I was honestly shocked by her words, I wasn't expecting her to say that...

"Yeah. Of course, I did...we were all like family-"

"Luna, you know what I mean..."

My mother stopped me from speaking any further, I knew I made it obvious how much I loved him. Whenever I saw Eli, I instantly smiled. Even when his name would get brought up, I would get so excited and cheerful. So, of course, my mother would catch on to me...I really can't hide anything from her.

Feeling the light tears coming down my face, I remembered what it felt like to be happy when Elijah was still here. And ever since he left, I've yet to smile on my own. With my mother wiping my tears away, I brought myself closer to her. She then leaned forward and brought her arms around me as she pulled me in for a hug. I could feel the comfort and the love that my mom was giving me and I knew that I had to be there for her. Just as she has been there for me, so I wrapped my arms around my mother and we stayed in an embrace for a while until we both felt better...

As she patted my back, she stood herself up and I watched her go to her room. I hope my mom could cheer my Dad up very soon. I want him to smile again, but who am I to say anything? I haven't smiled in front of my Father in weeks. Not too long after my mother left for the room, I get a sudden text from somebody. Pulling out my phone, I saw that it was from Alexa! I've been so on edge that I completely forgot to let her know what's been going on. But just as I was about to call her, my phone began to ring! It caught me by surprise that I paused for a second as I looked at the caller's I.D...

"Ren," I answered his call.

"Hey, do you think you could come out now? Or did you need more time?"

He asked, his voice sounding a bit uneasy as he waited for me to say something. I'm surprised he waited so long for me to come back...

Yeah...I'll come out in a bit, just give me a second."

I know he said he'll wait outside my house, but I'm hesitant to see him right now. After what happened today, I kinda wanna be left alone. Hearing his response on the other line, I ended the call as I walked toward the blinds in the living room. Peeking through the window, I saw that Ren was waiting outside. He's very persistent, and maybe that's a good thing...maybe I do need to talk to someone. And that someone could probably be Ren...

Opening the door, Ren was already sitting down on the front porch. Letting out a sigh, I watched him looking up at the cloudy sky that was right above us. Taking a few steps forward, I sat right next to him. The sight was so gray and dull, matching what I felt on the inside. Seeing the clouds be so dark, it's like they almost wanted to cry...will it rain-

"I think it might rain today..."

Ren spoke out what I was thinking as I looked over at him...

"Yeah...I think it might."

I answered shortly...

"So how did it go with your Dad? Is he okay?"

He asked, only this time, his eyes were now focused on me. I felt myself wanting to break down, so I averted my gaze and looked at my hands which were starting to tremble...

"Luna, please. Don't hold it in, tell me what's going on..."

He worriedly asked as he grabbed hold of my hand, just how many times has this hand of his helped me already? He's always been there for me, even when I didn't want it. I tried to push him away...yet he always ends up helping me somehow? The feeling of my warm tears coming down could no longer be held back. I'm beginning to drown in my sorrows as I buried myself in Ren's chest, the pain in my heart...I want it to stop!

"My dad...he might have cancer," I cried out in agony,

My chest felt heavy and I felt unable to breathe right as I tighten my hold on Ren's shirt. But the feeling of his strong arms could be felt wrapping around me as he embraced me dearly...

"Why?! Why did it have to be my dad!? I'm already going through so much...I don't think I could handle it anymore!"

"Luna, look at me. You're not gonna go through this alone, I promise you. I'll be by your side-"

"That's just what Elijah said! And look what happened! What makes you think I could believe anything you have to say!?"

I yelled out in frustration, quickly standing up, I marched down the stairs of my porch! I've had it with people coming into my life and taking advantage of me and my weakness. Is there no one I can trust?!

"Luna! Wait, where are you going?! It's getting late!"

Ren shouted from behind as he chased after me. I didn't wanna face him, because then I would just release all the anger and hate that was building up inside me. Ren isn't the reason for all this pain, it was Eli who caused all of this negative turmoil! And taking it out on Ren wouldn't be fair, he's been supportive but that doesn't mean I can trust him...

"I'm going for a walk! Don't follow me!"

I yelled back as I continued to walk down the street, Picking up the pace, my feet began to take long strides until I was running at full speed! I could even hear Ren shouting out my name as his voice started to fade away from the heavy rain that began to fall so suddenly. Water drops kept hitting my face as I continued to sprint! I had no idea where I was going, all I wanted was to let out all this darkness and negativity that was in my heart! But I was able to come to a stop to catch my breath, I was so heated that I didn't realize how cold it had gotten. I could see my breath, fog out as the rain got heavier around me, my whole body was trembling and I couldn't stop it. Raising my head, I look at the cloudy dark sky that was right above me. The cool drops of rain soaked up all my clothes and my hair. I was starting to feel the coldness that was surrounding me and the chill that was slowly consuming my heart...

"Eli... you're not coming back, are you."

Saying his name, the emptiness in those words made me realize that...I never existed in his heart. The sight of some headlights shined towards me as I stood there in total despair, the car soon pulled over and I heard the engine turn off. I already knew whose vehicle it was without even having to see the driver's face. So I immediately turned around and began to walk back home...

"Luna! Enough, stop being this way!"

Hearing those words, I chose to ignore Ren as I heard him slam the car door shut!

"I told you not to follow me, asshole!"

I yelled out in annoyance as I stomped my feet on the wet pavement...

"And I told you that I'm not going anywhere! Do you think I could leave you alone right now?! You're going through some fuck shit that's making you lose yourself! So how can I just stand back and do nothing and just watch you suffer!?"

He yelled out in irritation as he grabbed my arm, turning me around, he had me face him as we both continued to get drenched in the heavy rain...

"Then tell me! What can you do to make things better?!"

I screamed while tightening both my fists in anger!

"I'll make sure you no longer cry, I'll make sure to be there for you whenever you need me. But most importantly, I'll make sure to make you smile and be happy again, Luna..."

He explained with what sounded like sincerity in his eyes. I wasn't even sure if those were tears coming down from his cheek or if it was just the rain itself...

"How can I trust you..."

I asked in heartache, how can I trust anyone? When the most important person in my life took that away from me... I then began to beat on his chest with all the strength I had left in me!

"How can I trust you!? Tell me! Because he said the same fucking thing! He told me he loved me! He said that will always be together! He said those words...Eli-"

"I'M NOT HIM!"

Ren shouted while grabbing both my hands, forcing me to stop! He then looked at me as if I was some fragile thing that could break at any moment...

"I'm not Eli...don't compare me to him. Don't push me away, I need you to give me a chance..."

"Why are you going out of your way to do so much for me?"

But just as I asked him those words, he immediately sealed my lips! His kiss felt...warm. Despite how cold and wet it is outside. I won't push him away this time...I'll accept it. I want to believe that things will be okay, and that I could let my guard down when I'm with him.

"It's because I love you..."

He suddenly whispered as we parted our lips from each other, left speechless, I never would have excepted those words to come from him! I knew he liked me, but I never would have guessed his feelings would have developed this strongly for me! Standing there in silence, unsure of what I should say. I never really thought about liking anyone else or even dating a different guy. I always thought that Eli would be the only person I could be with, but maybe this is a chance for me to move forward...

"Come on, let's get out of the rain," Ren said as he held my hand.

Nodding at his suggestion, we approached his car as the rain continued to pour.

"Here, put this on."

He said as he placed his sweater around me as we entered the vehicle. It smelled just like him, it was soft and warm to the touch... I wonder? Have I been taking advantage of his kindness?

"Ren, I'm sorry...for all the trouble I've caused."

I voiced out in sadness as I held on to his sweater...

"It's okay, you don't have to apologize," he responded while tucking my wet hair behind my ear.

"I don't want to use you as some kind of rebound-"

"I don't care if you use me as some kind of rebound, I just want you to give me a chance. To give us, a chance..."

Ren voiced out bluntly as he pushed his wet hair back from his face. I don't know what Ren sees in me. There are so many pretty girls he could choose from, he is a really good-looking guy. As time seemed to have stopped for the both of us, we sat in his car hearing the rain continuing to fall. I thought hard about what I wanted for my future, and what I wanted was just happiness. I don't know if dating Ren will be a good thing for me. But...

"I'll give it a chance, as long as you promise me one thing."

Getting the courage to speak, it's time for me to choose my path and the future that I deserve. I will no longer let someone control my life in this world. Seeing the look on Ren's face showed how stunned he was by my response, even though I was a bit surprised...

"Anything! Just ask me what it is and I'll promise you that I'll keep it."

He responded eagerly, I could see how flustered he was getting as he shifted his body toward my direction...

"Promise me...that you'll never hurt me," I said.

"Of course! Is that it though?"

He quickly answered as he looked at me with tensity in his gaze. Nodding my head reassuringly, I stuck out my pinky to seal the promise. However, Ren gave a confused look as he stared at my pinky...

"Is your pinky okay?"

He asked me, sounding a bit worried, he began to rub my pinky as if I hurt it. I instantly let out a giggle as I pulled my hand back...

"I finally made you laugh."

Ren pointed out with a smile. It's been so long since I've last laughed that I didn't realize it until now...

"You never heard of a pinky promise have you, Ren?" I asked him.

"Nope, I've never heard of such a thing."

He answered with a chuckle. Grabbing his hand, I hooked his pinky with mine as we both stared at one another.

"Promise me, that you'll never hurt me," I said as I waited for his response.

"I pinky promise you, that I will never hurt you until the day I die."

He voiced out in honesty as he reached out for my cheek. Lightly rubbing my jawline, he continued to stare at me so tenderly. Smiling back, I leaned my head on his broad chest as I slowly closed my eyes shut. I'm uncertain about the future, I just hope I'll stay happy this time. And whether Ren becomes that special person to replace my past, I'll let myself be vulnerable...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

659K 39.9K 49
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬, 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 �...
2.5M 2.5K 4
"The Malhotra Brides" is a heart-warming tale that explores the emotional journey of two sisters, Aditi and Pragya, as they navigate their new lives...
3.2M 133K 59
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
378K 14.1K 91
"Leave, you're free. Don't ever come back here again." She said, hoping he wouldn't return and she'll get to live Hael was shocked, "Are you abandon...