The Way It Was Meant To Be

By Hashimada111

Shisui uchiha was supposed to have died when he jumped off a cliff. But when he woke up he found the familiar... More

Chapter One
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Author's note
Chapter thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Author's note
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
Chapter thirty four
Chapter thirty five
Chapter thirty six
Chapter thirty seven
Chapter thirty eight
Chapter thirty nine
Chapter forty

Chapter twenty four

5K 285 138
By Hashimada111

Hello! Thank you for the patience. Here it goes!

***

"The only wind jutsus that I know of are from the ones I copied from others with my sharingan," shisui said to izuna in one of their afternoon meetings. "But then again, there aren't too many." After all having affinity to air was something very rare for someone to have.

"I'll teach you some of my own then," izuna decided rather bored. "I don't want pitiful copies during our training."

"Wait! You create your own jutsus?" Shisui looked at him in admiration.

Izuna let out a small sigh. The fact of shisui being in awed with whatever he does was getting to be a little too much.

"No shisui. I only created some of them. If I would have created all of my jutsus, I would have never finished."

Shisui only smiled. But on the inside he was scowling himself for acting like a fanboy. But he couldn't help it, he was in the past were he was seeing legends walking around! He dares someone in his situation act indifferent in front of someone legendary.

"This one is called furyuuchou ken," izuna proceeded as normal. "Is rank B. You have to gather a great deal of wind chakra within your fist. The amount of wind flowing around your hand will be condensed and can be released at any time. It'll fire off a powerful explosive burst of wind when released, and it'll also cover an area that is ten times larger than your fist."

Being a little serious now, he nodded in understanding. There was no longer any trace of childish behavior on him anymore, which surprised izuna at how shinobi shisui looked.

"...this are the hand signs." After showing it to him he sat down under a tree, where he proceed to meditate.

For the next few hours shisui trained hard. Once in a while he would feel izuna watching him before going back to his meditation. He couldn't help but feel like him and izuna were closer now. Of course, everytime they meet it was purely for training, but that was just for now. After they become closer shisui will have to ask some difficult questions. That hopefully, hopefully won't get him killed. Of course he couldn't die easily, he was shunshin no shisui. Even if it was izuna, he would have to sweat it in order to kill him. But still, he kinda wished he would have come up with something better than asking him to train him. He didn't need training, and he was sure izuna knew it too. He wasn't stupid. So why did he accept then? Who knows. But on the other hand, one never stops learning. If he could learn more tricks, become more powerful than he was before...why not?

Shisui had been a prodigy in his time. So it was no surprise he managed to get the jutsu in a few hours.

But it seemed like izuna already knew, because as soon as shisui was going to announce his completion over the jutsu, he stood up and walked to the center of the forest, facing him.

"You have already mastered, right?" He asked him.

"Yes."

"Alright then. Your next part in training is to fight me."

"...huh?" Shisui was bewildered 

It seems this was wrong to say though, because in the next moment izuna's brows narrowed. Shisui's body tense immediately.

"Did I stuttered?"

"No, but-"

"Then I trust you to remember what I just said."

Shisui inhaled deeply. He didn't meant to irritate izuna. But he just didn't want to fight him. Not when they just started something. And as shameful as he was to think this, he didn't trust izuna enough to have a 'friendly' spar with him. But if he didn't fight him izuna will definitely stop talking to him. That was definitely not a choice.

Why does everything have to be so complicated?

"May I borrow a Kunai?" He would have preferred his tanto, but it got taken by the senju.

Catching the kunai that izuna threw at him, he murmured. "Thank you."

"Don't hold back."

Shisui's lips formed a straight line. He was not happy by how things turned out. It didn't even seem like a part of training anymore.

"Ready?" Izuna seemed all to prepared to start. His katana still sheathed and form relaxed. He looked completely unconcerned. But shisui knew that wasn't the case. He knew that was his deadly stance.

And that worried shisui. This was supposed to be a 'friendly' spar, not a battle.

"Before that," he called out quickly, and walked towards him. "There is something I want us to do before that."

Izuna stared at his two outstretched finger in confusion. "What's this?"

Shisui explained. "This symbolizes friendship from a spar between two shinobi, and it honors our combatant."

This was done after the spar though. But he needed to remind izuna that this was a spar. He was fighting with someone who will hopefully become close to him one day, not an enemy.

When he finished explaining, izuna didn't move at all. Some part of him thought he was going to slap his hand away, but to his surprise, izuna very, very slowly touched his two fingers with his. Shisui's two finger reflexively hooked slightly around his. The wind ruffled their clothes making this scene more dramatic. And shisui lips curled into a warm smile.

***

Shisui lost.

That wasn't really a surprise. What was a surprise is that it had been a long spar. Possibly almost two hours, much longer than when itachi and him sparred. Izuna was in another level from him and itachi, and had been obviously holding back. Of course he had been holding back as well, but not as much as izuna had been. He didn't hesitate from using his shunshin, which made izuna sweat.

But the most surprising part of all, it was the fact that he really enjoyed it.

He caught himself smiling to himself many times during their spar. And he wasn't the only one...he had seen izuna smirk to himself as well.

It wasn't so bad after all.

Other than sparring with itachi, he has never enjoyed himself in a spar so much before. Of course he had to take care of his neck from being sliced away from his body, but nothing can be perfect.

He slumped against the tree panting hard. His body sweaty from head to toe and his body was also aching slightly from such an intense spar. But he was very happy. He couldn't remember the last time since he had such a great spar.

He watched in satisfaction at seeing izuna's chest go up and down in rapid motions. He wasn't as sweaty nor in a mess like he was, but it still gave him pride at seeing someone as great as izuna so out of breath because of him.

"T-that was a good spar." He commented still panting.

"Hn."

They stayed quiet for a couple of minutes, the only noise was Shisui's panting. The air ruffled their clothes and shisui closed his eyes enjoying how refreshing it felt. He was the most relaxed he had ever been in a long time. He could almost pretend there were not problems waiting for him.

But of course there is.

Since the fight with hashirama, he's been sleeping warily. Afraid that one day he'll wake up to hashirama kicking him out. Or worse, tobirama. But he was currently on a mission, so that won't happen any time soon.

Thinking of hashirama made shisui sad. He hasn't talk to him since that day. Actually, he hasn't even seen him. He probably was trying not to bump into him. That works for shisui just fine though, he wasn't prepared to see him. He still feels hurt and betrayed for what happened before. Some part of him wonders if maybe it had been his fault, the other part was his pride. He refuses to make the first move first.

Another thing that he hadn't given too much thought before was mito. Multiple occasions he had bumped into her, and although he had been indifferent about her presence, blandly ignoring her, she had tried to talk to him. Her face seemed a bit desperate too. Frankly he didn't care. He was too tired with this drama. He feels there was more drama than what he was prepared for.

He was just too tired concerning the shodai. It was dumb of him but he never thought hashirama could get mad. Strict? Yes. Firm? Yes. Authoritative? Yes. Mad...?

Definitely not.

It was because he was too optimistic. When he had first left the compound, only to return to find his room in disarray, he had been so confused. And was shocked to discover that it had been hashirama the one to have done it. But nothing compares to that night where he had been so excited to tell him about izuna. He literally had kicked him out of his office. All because of what? Because of mito.

He chose mito over him. And he knows he shouldn't take it so personal. Mito was his cousin and his future wife, it was only natural that he would chose mito over him.

But that didn't make the pain lessen. That didn't take the hurt away.

Especially when he had thought they had a connection. A special bond connecting them together. Maybe it had been just him and nothing else...After all, no one treasures bonds and love more than the uchiha.

He was just so damn confused! He didn't have to take it so personal, but he did. And that's the problem. He was a shinobi from Konohagakure, his sole purpose was to serve the hokage, or in this case, the future hokage. He had done a good job with Hiruzen. No drama, no shit had happened with the third.

So why...is that with the shodai his emotions were all over the place? He wasn't dumb, he was everything but dumb. He knew why he got all cranky with hashirama, why he took it so personal when he chose her over him, why that time in his office he felt irked when he smiled at her, the same way he smiles at him. He always knew it, but was in denial.

He had been jealous.

That's right. He had been jealous. He, Uchiha Shisui. Shunshin no shisui had been jealous. An emotion he has never felt before.

But why? That's the question. Why was he jealous? Of what was he jealous over? Was it because mito was so friendly with hashirama? Or was it because they were obviously close, and he wanted to be just as close with hashirama? Was it their friendship he was jealous of?

He knew it was nothing romantic. The whole idea was ridiculous. He wasn't gay. Not that he had anything against gay people or anything. But uchiha weren't gay. And even though he doesn't act like it, he was uchiha through and through.

He was not gay simple as that.

So why? Why was he so jealous over mito?

Just what was hashirama to him?

He sighed tiredly. He was thinking to deep definitely. "This is so troublesome.."

Izuna of course heard him. He gave him a curious look. "What is?"

"Everything. This whole situation. The fact that everything good keeps falling apart. The fact that more troublesome things keep piling up. This world. This war. The senju and uchiha," he sighed again almost comically. "Seriously, maybe we all need to die. Maybe then all those crappy things can be over with."

"...I could always end your misery right now." Izuna sounded so, so serious that shisui would have believed it if it wasn't for the fact that his eyes had a certain twinkle in them. He recognizes it. He freaking knows it. Only because itachi used to have it when he was teasing, being playful or joking. And the fact that Uchiha Izuna has just made a joke, made him laugh.

He laughed hard. In a way he hadn't since he came here. And just like that his worries disappeared from his mind. It was amazing, he never thought he could laugh that way again being in this era.

His lips formed a very big smile, making all his pearly white teeth show, and his eyes also shined with joy. It was incredible. He almost felt like he was with itachi all over again.

But...when he saw izuna return that smile with a small, but genuine one...the first smile that he had given him.

He could swear, none of itachi's smiles made him feel like the way izuna's had. 

***

Hey guys!

First of all, thank you for your patience! I hope this chapter redeemed that.

Not much to tell, other that if you liked this chapter don't forget to vote and comment!

Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 348 32
Summary: Naruto's friends are gone, his lover is dying, Konoha is destroyed, and Madara's second return has pushed the entire world to the brink. Hun...
34.7K 1.1K 16
"How come I only see you at night?" "I belong to the dark, night is where I belong...." Madara Uchiha, she heard stories of him. She lived in the vil...
165K 4.5K 23
Reborn in a world of Naruto as Itachi's twin. His old Life doesn't matter, now that he care so much for others, his village, and especially his broth...
208K 5.9K 157
Rin Uchiha was suppose to be dead along with her clan. But when she escaped Itachi's mass murder with the help of her father,she left the hidden leaf...