Hollow Graves 2 ~ No Redempti...

By DominaAlexandra

Tris has a lot on her plate. Two women who equally want her; a brother with his mildly annoying girlfriend. A... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty-Three

1.7K 114 29
By DominaAlexandra

Tris

The next day couldn't come fast enough. Too many hours of contemplating what to say to Justice group of people. Keeping her family at their new home, Tris drove in the gate of Justice base. Patrick explained on the drive how the people might respond. Tris didn't care what people felt. Either they came or didn't.

The car parked and then they walked through the side of the stadium to the front. It seemed they were all expecting her to arrive, sitting on the bleachers. Justice stood, arms crossed, turning to her in acknowledgement.

"Justice." Tris greeted him properly in front of everyone staring down watching.

He nodded and shook my head. "Tris." She bowed his head to Patrick and then face the silent crowd. "As you have noticed, we have been making changes. Setting up extra safety precautions and training." He took a few steps forward as if that would make everyone focus on him completely. He waved his hand out toward Tris. "Her family joined us almost two weeks ago, Tris a couple days passed now. I know many of you question why she is standing beside me now."

Tris stepped forward. She wasn't interested in public speeches. She wanted to say what she needed and get out.

"What it comes down to is, Tris and her family had a lot to offer us. Their experience with being out there since the start of this...made them valuable and allies. Yesterday, Tris led a group of us, with a few of her own, to take out a large herd. It was the FEMA building we've all been wanting to obtain. And as of yesterday, they were successful."

The people cheered, excited to know they'd have additional resources. When Justice lifted his hand up, they slowly drew back their cheers, awaiting more his speech. "Tris has much to offer our community and has proven that. I know you've heard rumors but I'm here to tell you...to listen. She and her two partners will be the leaders of the new community. And we will work together as allies. Take care of each other." Justice nodded to Tris, giving her the chance to take the lead.

Looking up to the people, she noticed distrust and confusion. "Everyone who knows me, calls me Tris. My partners Felicia and Madison. Brennon is Madison's daughter. My brother, Christian and his girlfriend, Christy. And Jeff and his baby brother, Jacob. Each of us, just like you guys. Wanting to survive. Needing a place to call safe. Fearing that there will never be such a thing. I wanted to make that be the first words I say to you. I am human. But, I am also something more. I was bitten the night of the first outbreak."

Immediately, the crowd chattered in mixed reviews. Many not pleased by what she announce. It was as if they heard nothing. Tris wanted to show patience, understanding to their fear, and fairness in letting them express. No one would want to be led by someone who sounded ruthless or mean. But Tris also wanted to make it clear, she was no push over and did not tolerate disrespect. She gave them a minute more and then shook her head. "That's right. Soak it in." She watched them stare down at her in confusion.

Leaving the harshness out her tone, Tris spoke over them. "My parents nearly ended my life. Like many of you, I wondered what was going on. I saw the news. The hospitals holding sick people. Family, friends, someone you love getting sick. Trying to nurse them to health. And I saw the end result." Slowly everyone went silent. She straightened and continued. "Then, I wake up to my parents attacking me. And then...I wake up again, down in the basement. My baby brother, thinking I was dead. But, I wasn't. I was bitten and I was still breathing. But then there was more. I got stronger. Was able to survive brutal injuries. Bitten again. And still here. And since then...all I've done was try to help those in need and protect my family as they did the same for me."

She looked to Justice. "I don't want to lie about who I am. So, I won't. I am honest, fair. A interesting sense of humor. Passionate. But, I'm also, stubborn, impatient, and straight to the point. I don't like being lied to and I don't tolerate anyone who would threaten the well being of the people I care about. Any who steps through the new community we just claimed, will be people I care about. That is what I can guarantee. And that is where my partners come in, to be what you all need too."

"She has a lot to offer. Our community will be much better now that we have that second location." Patrick waved his hand out to Tris and kept speaking. "It will be beneficial to both communities to start taking care of the new place. It is your choice to make."

"We need at least fifty people to start." Tris stood and waited.

It took a few minutes of people gazing at each other. But after the first person stood, Tris knew everything would be okay.

*

Tris

People came in through the gate, taking in the ambiance. Madison walked up first, smile blasting across her face. "You did it."

She hugged Tris, impressed her mouth didn't detour people from joining. After their long hug and Felicia joining in on the embrace, they all sighed. This was important. They'd be leading a group of people. When did this happened? This was a big responsibility. But despite each of their fears, they had no doubt they could do it. Each offering something of value and uniqueness. Felicia understood the business stand point of running a community. Madison, the mind behind building better structures and creating vegetation, that would keep them safer, alive, and well protected. As well as develop room. And Tris, with a medical background, who could also do very active and dangerous missions, and cure people from bites. Together, they held a strategic mind, that could make this place flourish.

Christian came up with Christy at his side. "This is really happening."

"Yep," Tris grinned. "Patrick came out of the building, ordering his men to pull the U-haul truck around the side of the building to reach the warehouse. It had a huge garage they were able to open up once Tris found the generator in the basement.

One of the main rules being to only use the generator at night. They wanted to preserve it for as long as they could. Tris and the others worked together to clear out every dead zombie, burning their bodies.

When Patrick was done with their last load, Tris went over all the inventory, using a lock they found to keep things contained. She didn't want people freely going into the warehouse. And despite all they gained, it was best not still go out and find more to take. The excitement of being here was evident in many of their eyes. They would get to know everyone and find a role for each of them to take.

"Looks like we are done," Patrick said. "We have taken two long ranged walkie talkies, so that if we ever need assistance on either end, we'll be able to reach each other."

Tris tapped her walkie talkie hooked on her belt. "It is agreed we'll meetup one week from today and discus more on the future?" Tris asked, wanting to make sure they were on the same page.

"Yes." Patrick reached out and shook each of their hands.

"Get back safely," Madison said.

Left alone, Tris shut the gate, Madison looking over the conditions. "It would be great to build a high torrent platforms, to use as a guard post."

Tris snorted. "Already working?"

Madison shrugged. "Its been so long. It will be good to build with my hands again and see things come to life. And it actually be beneficial."

"We understand." Felicia kissed Madison's cheek. "Now what?"

"We help people settle in. Make sure we have people assigned a post. And food in their belly's. Let them relax and celebrate for tonight and get serious tomorrow."

"Sounds fine by me."

*

The day carried on and by the time night came, people were ready to sleep. Tris turned off the generator when it reached midnight but made sure the main lights were all off but sun set. She didn't want to send out a beacon alerting zombies and random people they were here. Not until their community was as secure as the Nights of the Veil Castle in the show, Game of Thrones. Security is all Tris carried for. She kept her ears open, wanting to make sure everything was safe.

People set up sleeping space, not yet in permanent sleeping arrangements. They'd need to move a lot of things around before that could be set up properly. It was exceptionally chilly out, when Tris did another walk through around the property.

Felicia stuck her head out the front door, calling to Tris to come in. They set up a queen sized mattress on the floor at the center of the hallway next tot he receptionist desk. Tris wanted to be as close to the front as possible, able to hear anything that went on.

Elene, David, and Tom decided to stick it out with them too. David was asleep with his family, recovering, but Elene, Tom, and Jeff agreed to be the night duty guards until six in the morning.

Fortunately, Tris had the ability to hear and smell, from a half a mile radius when she was in her sleep. So if a threat did come she would know before anyone else. Her brain could never truly go to sleep, slightly restless, after her change.

Letting her lover drag her into the bed, Tris kicked off her boots and laid in the middle between Madison and Felicia.

"We will be okay," Felicia said, believing for the first time.

Tris nodded, arms wrapped around their shoulders as they curled into her side. "I know we will have challenges and be tested. But I know, we'll be ready for it."

Leaning in, Madison kissed Tris cheek. Brennon, Jacob, Christian, Christy, and Jeff all shared one room. Knowing everyone was safe and together, brought a tear into Madison's eyes. "I love you both."

"I love you too," Felicia whispered through a yawn.

Listening to her lovers heartbeats, Tris muttered underneath her breath. Tonight was a celebration, but the real work would be coming and nothing would be easy and perfect. In a silly tone, Tris chimed out, "Tomorrow, let the hunger games begin."

Felicia punched Tris in the stomach, for using a quote from the movie Hunger Games. "Not funny."

Tris snorted. She loved these women and would cherish every moment with them. Being serious, Tris stared up at the ceiling, thinking about the key Jeana gave her and the people she was now responsible for. Thinking about how she cured David. So much to think about and look forward too. Jeana would come back or not. But Tris would have to leave soon, to Texas and hope to put an end to things. Next week she would tell everyone what Jeana shared with her and face what all of what she had to offer. But tonight, she would lay with her lovers and think of nothing but that.

"We're waiting," Madison whispered.

Tris smiled, no longer dwelling and she whispered. "I love you both."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5K 1.3K 11
Hurt, pain, torture; that's all you've ever endured. Never, have you felt ecstasy or pride. A life with your parents made sure of that. Friends... ar...
444K 12.7K 89
"Naughty Rose, trying to get started without us, tell us what you want baby," I cooed at her. "I want all of you right now. I want to be rid of my vi...
72.7K 2.1K 67
Trying to survive the apocalypse isn't just about slaying the undead. It's a 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 lot more complicated than that. Hardly anybody ever considers...
91.5K 5.9K 32
Having survived three apocalypses - as if one weren't enough! - I knew how to stay alive in a world overrun by nightmarish monsters. Going on a suppl...