The Queen's Maid

Por dayxdreamer11

• C O M P L E T E D & O N E D I T I N G • BOOK ONE OF THE SERVANT SERIES Anne Ashton is a girl who's going... Más

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
About Book two
About book two, again

Forty Seven

512 17 1
Por dayxdreamer11

"Anne, your lessons to be my personal assistant starts from today." She smiles. I blink my eyes rapidly for a few times, just remembering that Queen Alessandra had chosen me to be her new personal assistant.

Why does she even want me to be her personal assistant? King Carlton is clearly against the idea but she doesn't even care about it from the way she argued with him the other day. Now, I'm afraid if he will get angry at me because of accepting this job but what can I do anyway?

"But Your Majesty, I don't know what to do." She steps closer to me with a soft smile on her face. She stops in front of me and put her hands on top of my shoulders. "I'll tell you what to do and just follow my instruction. You'll be fine."

"Okay." I nod. I stare back at her and remember about Lily. If I'm going to be Queen Alessandra's personal assistant, then who will be working with Lily as the Queen's maid? I don't want her to work alone and get herself tired. "But, how about Lily? Who's going to help her with the work?"

"Lisa is going to help her out. She's your replacement." My head tilts to the side a little at the mention of the name. Lisa? She's going to work as Queen Alessandra's maid? I'm so happy for her. I know her, working as the housekeeper, doing all the hard work to clean the palace and other things makes her tired. By being Queen Alessandra's maid, she doesn't have to work really hard anymore.

"Lisa?" She lets her hands fall to her sides as she steps back, smiling at my way. "Yes. From what I heard, she's one of of your roommates. Am I correct?"

"Yes, she is, Your Majesty." I smile at her, grateful that Lisa is chosen to be my replacement. The knock from the door make me spin my head around in curiosity.

"Come in, please." Queen Alessandra says. The door swings open and Lisa walks into the room, with Lily following after her and she closes the door quietly. They walk towards us and each of them give the Queen a curtsy. Queen Alessandra nods her head with the smile on her face. They rises back from the curtsy and stand in front of us. I look over at Lisa, who's already having an excited smile showing on her face as she stares back at me.

"Lisa," The Queen says. Lisa turns her gaze to Queen Alessandra, smiling. "Yes, Your Majesty?" She says, looking nervous and excited at the same time.

"You can start your work now with Lily. And Anne, please wait for me in the library as I get ready for the day." She smiles softly at me and I nod my head, returning her smile. "Yes, Your Majesty."

I give her a curtsy and walk out of the room. The hallway as usual is quiet, only few of the Servants I pass on my way to the library. I step into the library and close the door again. I look around and shelves of books surround me. In the middle of the room, there are four tables and chairs around them.

I walk to the shelves of books as I admire my surroundings. I always like to read books, but I don't really have much of them back home. And the books I have are my dad's and mom's old books. I stop in front of the bookshelf, looking at all the book in front of me. I pull out one book and it says 'History of Europe Book 1'. I look back at the books and see there are more books about history in the shelves.

I put back the book to the shelf and walk to the other aisle. I keep walking through the aisle, smiling at the sight of the thick books and wishing that maybe I could read all of these books but I know I can't. I sigh and walk into another aisle of bookshelves.

I look for a book that probably could help me with my lesson when someone walks into the aisle. I turn my gaze and see King Carlton's walking through the aisle, doesn't seem to mind me as he stops in front of the shelf meters away from me and take a heavy looking book. He catches me staring at him and he stares back at me. I freeze in my place for a split second and I quickly give him a curtsy.

He walks to me, and I'm feeling my feet suddenly glued onto the floor due to nervousness. I keep staring at him, trying to keep my composure as he stops in front of me.

"Is there anything I can help, Your Majesty?" I smile a little at him. He stares down at me with an unreadable face. "What are you doing here?" He asks. I take in a deep breath, trying to calm myself down under his intense gaze.

"Her Majesty told me to wait here for my training as her personal assistant."

"You don't have to worry about it. I already find someone for the position. You can go back to her now and tell her the news." He says, smiling a little at me. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as I digest his words. He already found a new personal assistant for her? If that so, will I go back to be her maid? And what about Lisa? Is she going to be the housekeeper again?

"Uh, but Your Majesty-" The smiles vanishes from his face and he stares back at me with a cold stare. "There's no but. Now go and tell her about it."

"Y-yes, Your Majesty." I stutter. I give him a quick curtsy and walk out of the room immediately. I find her walking through the hallway towards the library gracefully. I keep walking towards her and stop in front of her. She stares at me strangely and I give her a curtsy.

"Your Majesty, King Carlton told me that he has found a new personal assistant for you and I am no longer needed for the position." She stares at me in confusion, and a hint of anger in her eyes. "When did he told you?"

"Few minutes ago. I met him in the library and he told me to deliver the news to you."

"Anne, you're dismissed. I have to talk to Carlton about this."

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

I walk the opposite way from where Queen Alessandra's going, thinking about how is she going to react about the news, that King Carlton has chosen someone to be her personal assistant. It's very clear from the way she looks that she is so determined to make me her personal assistant no matter what.

"Anne." I snap myself out of my thoughts and look up to see Max taking a few steps closer to me. I shoot him a little smile, stopping myself from walking and stop in front of each other.

"Max."

"Come with me."

Those three simple words makes me tilt my head to the side a little in confusion and curiosity as I wonder where is he going to take me. "Where?" He smiles at my question, and I know from the look he's not going to give me the answer I wanted.

"You'll know soon. Come on."

"Uh, okay."

We walk out to the garden and Max keeps walking across the garden, towards the woods. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as I keep following him, wondering about where he's going to take me.

"Where are we really going?" He takes a glance at my way for a second, grinning excitedly. "You'll see soon."

"You're making me scared."

"No need to. You'll be amazed when we get there."

We keep walking through the big trees, sunlight barely get to the ground. My eyebrows knit together as I hear something rumbling from afar. The sound's getting even more clearer as we get to the end of the woods.

I narrow my eyes at the bright light and cover my eyes from the blinding light for a few second until I my eyes adjust with the light. I look at the view in front of me and an involuntary gasp comes past my lips.

The beautiful blue ocean lies in front of us and my eyes widen at the view in amazement. Cold winds keep breezing towards our way as I admire the view in front of us. I turn to look at Max, and a smile already has it place on his face.

"You like it?" A grin replaces the smile that was on his face. I grin at him excitedly. I look back at the ocean and bring my gaze back to him. "I love it! It's beautiful. I never thought the palace is near the ocean."

I walk closer to the edge of the cliff and hold onto the wooden fence. I look down and find a beach with white sand. I look to my side as a guard walk out of the post to my right and walk towards us. He gives Max a bow and Max nods a little.

"Is there anything I can help, Your Majesty?" The guard asks, glancing at me and avert his gaze back to Max a second later.

"Is it safe for us to go down now?" Max asks. The guard nods his head. "Yes. It is safe, Your Majesty. You may go down there."

"Thank you. You can go back to your post."

"Thank you, Your Majesty." He bows at Max and walk back to his post. Max turns around and face me, smiling widely. "Follow me."

I nod my head and Max starts to walk to the stairs that go down to the beach. We keep descending the stairs for minutes until we reach the white sand of the beach.

I look down at my feet, the white–colored sand lies beneath my feet. Feeling the urge to feel the white, soft sand, I slip off my shoes. I put my feet back on the sand and smile as I feel the soft sand under the sole of my feet. I turn my gaze back to Max, smiling widely at him. He shakes his head in amusement, chuckling lightly at me.

"Want to go to the water?" He asks, grinning widely at me. I nod in excitement, grinning back at him. He holds my hand and pull me with him closer to the water. When my bare feet touch the clear water, I can feel the cold water around my feet. I keep looking down at my feet as the sea water crashes to my feet a few times.

Splashes of the cold water hit me on the face and I gasp in shock. I bring my eyes to Max, who's just laughing at me. I narrow my eyes at him and quickly splash the cold water at him. He stares at me in shock, mouth agape and look down at his now drenched shirt. I laugh at his reaction, and he grins at me.

He splashes the water again at me and I do the same to him. We keep doing that, our clothes drenched in the salty water of the ocean as time passes us by. We laugh, looking at one another with wide smile. A wave hits the both us, making me stumble into him. My hands land on his chest and he holds me by the waist. I look up at him and my eyes widen a little at how close our faces are.

We keep staring into each other's eyes, none of us even break the eye contact. I catch him staring down at my lips for a second and bring his eyes back to mine, something I've never seen before glints in his now dark brown eyes. My gaze slips down involuntary down to his nose and stop at his soft looking lips.

As I look back up into his eyes, my heart starts to beat faster in my chest. Our faces lean into one another's and my breath hitches in my throat as nervousness drowns me in it. My eyes shut close as I feel his lips on mine.

His lips are warm and soft against mine. Our lips move in sync as my hands moves to the back of his neck. We pull each other closer as we deepen the kiss and break off the kiss after a few seconds. I look into his brown eyes, panting for air as we rest each other's foreheads on one another's.

"What just happened?"

Did we really just kissed each other? It feels good but also weird at the same time because I just kissed Prince Liam himself!

How would Queen Alessandra and King Carlton react to this if they find out? And also the Servants in here? Even just going out with the Prince already caused them to hate me. And them knowing that we kissed will definitely make them despise me.

"I don't even know." I stare back into his eyes, shaking my head slightly, still shaken about what just happened between the two of us. A little laugh escape from me despite the scary thoughts in my head and Max joins the laugh.

We let go of each other and the cold breeze blows at my way, making me shiver. Seeing me shivering from the wind, he jogs away from me and take his suit jacket with him. He jogs back to me and drape his jacket over my shoulder. I tighten the jacket around my body, feeling my body starting to heat up although my teeth still chattering from the cold.

"Thank you, Max."

"No need to mention it. Let's just go back inside, shall we?"

"Yes, we definitely shall." He laughs at my answer and I smile at him. I walk towards my shoes and put them on quickly. Max waits for me and when I finished, we go and walk up the stairs.

We walk into the palace, feeling my body's getting warmer and warmer. I take off his suit jacket and hand it back to him, smiling sheepishly. "Here. Thank you."

"It's nothing. Now, go back to your room and get changed. You'll get sick if you stay in that clothes for any longer."

"Okay."

We take our different ways and I walk into the kitchen, finding it oddly vacant. I shrug off the strange thoughts in my head and walk towards my room.

I step into my rooms and furrow my eyebrows when I find no one really in here. I keep my eyebrows knitted in confusion as I wonder where are the others but my damp clothes makes me shiver and break off my chains of thoughts. I quickly take a quick shower and get into a fresh clothes.

I get out of my room and walk through the quiet hallway of the Servant's quarters. I look around, looking for another people down here but I find no one. I keep walking and looking for any people. A hand cover my mouth as a strong arm wraps around me tightly. My scream is muffled as the person pulls me somewhere and my vision starting to get blurry and dark.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

256 32 20
When he was a teenager, Jared Connor broke the love of his life's heart. He didn't want to do it, but he convinced himself his reasons were valid eno...
1.3K 144 42
At a certain juncture of time in the Middle Ages. A tyrannical king ruled his kingdom with an iron fist. His every whim was law, and his subjects liv...
1.3K 48 25
When the king of Andorra suddenly dies, Mias eldest brother, Luke, is forced into the position of king. Mia was one step closer to the throne than sh...
3K 182 10
Book 1 in the 'His Servant' series. When a young prince meets a carefree common girl, a special friendship is formed. However, this friendship is los...