LOGAN (Book One)

Por authormsdevera

Aphrodite Reid, having a name after a Greek Goddess of beauty and love, doesn't exactly make her one of the "... Mais

Author's Note
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
EPILOGUE
Book Cover for "LIAM"
Notes to My Readers

THIRTY-SIX

3K 139 17
Por authormsdevera

"Hi Effie, I've wanted to ask, but who was that guy who dropped you off earlier?"

I looked up at Nina, who placed her food tray on the table where I was sitting. After a hard day vocalizing and dance lessons with my dance coach Girlie. Who told us to call him that?

My dance coach is a Filipino gay man who is super sassy, and he loves it. He speaks fluent Tagalog, and when he gets angry or frustrated, especially with Nina not catching up with the dance, he vents his anger at how slow she is. And I understand most of the cuss words he puts out. I may have been born here, but I could hear my mom's dialect ringing in my ears whenever Athena and Ares fought over stupid things.

Nina and I aren't friends, but more acquaintances since we are both get the same company. We are getting to know each other slowly. When I'm around her flashing that angel look smile and bright white teeth tell me something odd about her. But Lena wants us to be friends.

Ever since she got here, I can't quite figure it out. She's a mystery, and when Newton came to pick her up last week, I tried to say hi to him, but Newton ignored me, which was weird because just weeks ago, he was all in my bubble until he made his way out with the new girl who's his niece. They don't even look alike. Well, yeah, she has half of his genes, but I see no slight resemblance. Just something about her isn't right.

Am I just overthinking it, or is Nina just weird?

Every weekend I attend my lessons, although I'm not officially a trainee until I finish high school. Lena didn't want me to exhaust myself with school and to be an artist.

Nina took a bite of the spaghetti rolling her fork that the company's cafeteria was serving. I had myself a burger and fries.

"Oh, that's Logan, my boyfriend," I told her proudly.

"He's sweet to take you here, far from home," she said. "He's not busy or anything?"

"Well, I wanted to take an Uber, but it cost too much, and Logan offered me a ride whenever until I got my car."

"There are few decent guys around. Your lucky to have a boyfriend like Logan."

"Yeah, I do. I'm fortunate." I smiled and then ate a piece of fries dipped in ketchup into my mouth. "So, do you have a boyfriend?" I asked boldly.

Talking to her isn't so bad. I'm just waiting for the weirdness to come.

Nina blushes. "No, but I liked this guy once. Back in middle school." She started playing with the meatball. "I have liked him a long time, and he was nice to me. The first person who ever talked to me. Before, I wasn't popular or noticeable with other people, but he was nice to me. When I was with him, I wasn't ashamed of myself."

"Did you tell him how you feel?"

"No," shaking her head. She then gave light pokes to the meatball. "You see, I wasn't slim nor a size that fits a four. He was with so many girls that I didn't dare to confess. My parents sent me to Switzerland to study abroad before I went back home to start high school. After three years, I returned to see him with a brand new me. I went to visit him where he works to surprise him. But everything changed when I saw him with someone, and I could tell they were in love. I was heartbroken. He had forgotten about me when he met her."

Her voice suddenly changed - it sounded dark. "He was mine first. I saw him first. He was-" I watched the ends of the fork pierce the meatball with the juice out like a knife stabbing flesh. Nina's fingers wrapped around the fork her skin turned white.

"Nina?"

Her green eyes turned dark, and I felt some heinous vibes coming off her. I don't think she's herself, and asking about her love life was a mistake. When I called her name again, she blinked, returning her innocent eyes, and smiled at me. "I'm sorry, did you say something?"

"I should not ask you that?" Her smile crept me out, so I flashed one back, only to become nervous.

"Oh, it's okay," she says as if she shrugged that lousy vibe off her shoulders. "I saw him again."

"And?"

Why am I so curious about her love life? It's none of my business.

"He remembered me, and it made me happy until he was interested in another girl." She took a bite of her spaghetti. "This girl was unnoticeable because of this horrible event that happened to her, and somehow, he wanted her." Her attitude changed right after that one big bite. "Two girls and none of them are me."

"Okay, easy, Nina. You might choke." I assured her. I watched her stuff her face with spaghetti and sauce.

"I changed my appearance for him, and not once he noticed me," she complained while wailing at one guy.

This guy must be a jerk.

I don't know what changes Nina made to get the attention of one guy, but she must love him - no.

Obsessed.

The way she speaks of him, the jealousy, the commitment, and the dedication she put herself through. She did all to please him, and it did not affect him.

Yeah, Nina is okay. She was having trouble singing a Katy Perry song in the recording room, and Lena ordered her to sing it her own way.

The whole point of this exercise is to sing a parody of one song to find our unique tone and style.

It took her half a day until her voice went dry. I heard Lena tell the sound engineer that Lena doesn't have potential. And with the dance lesson earlier today, Nina could not remember at least the basic steps Brenda showed us made the coach frustrated. I know she's trying, but...

"So, will your boyfriend be picking you up today?" She suddenly asked while wiping her saucy mouth.

"Uh...no, I'm going out with my friends at the mall later to look for Halloween costumes."

"Oh, sounds...fun," Nina paused, and I know why.

It made me inwardly groan in my head. "If you want, you can join us."

Her eyes beamed. "Really?"

"Yeah, a fourth person isn't a crowd. Plus, you get to meet my friends, Lily and Clark."

Nina twitched, dropping her fork. I furrowed my brows at her as she picked up the utensil off the floor and chuckled oddly. "Your boyfriend won't mind you hanging out with another guy?"

"Who? Clark? Oh, he's different, and Logan doesn't mind. Although he and Clark aren't on good terms now, they are still getting there."

"That is...wonderful," she paused and ground her teeth.

"Nina, are you okay?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine. I'm just excited to hang out with you." She gave me a creepy smile.

"Okay, well, I'm leaving in thirty minutes. I'm going to grab my stuff. Meet me in front."

"Okiee dokiee," she responds like a child.

"Uh...I'll see you then," I picked up my tray, threw my food in the trash, and went up two floors into the girls' locker room next to the gym.

As I grabbed my stuff, I got a buzz from Lily, stating she and Clark were twenty minutes away. I responded to her text about adding another person to join before I received another text from Logan asking if I was with Lily and Clark. With a smile, I texted him, saying I was about to see them and including a plus one to join. He then asked if that person was a guy, and I could tell he was jealous. When I told him about Nina, he was cool with it and sent himself an Animoji character saying how much he loves me.

Last week, Logan and I got the new iPhone X. It was hard to work through until I got it. I have had the iPhone 7 Plus for a long time, and it was a good idea to upgrade. The same day he and I got matching phone cases with fonts on them with "His Queen" and "Her King" super cute, and I just liked the idea of matching iPhone Mickey and Minnie Mouse cases.

Without realizing how alone I was in a locker room. I felt like my back was being stared at. An ominous feeling like someone breathing down my neck. I turn around to find no one. It happened that day with Lily and the other day at the library.

I know it's the month of Halloween, but this creepy shit is too early to wet my pants.

In a hurry to get out, I closed the locker, locked it with a key, and went out of the room, picking up the pace of going down to the main lobby. I found Nina waiting for me without looking back and letting out some air. When she saw me, she waved at me. Nina and I went out to find A dark grey Jeep with Clark driving and Lily in the passenger side.

"Get in bitch; we're going shopping."

I rolled my eyes and laughed, getting in the back. Nina followed after me. "Seriously, Lil.

Mean Girls?"

"What?" Lily shrugged. "I've always wanted to say that."

"You were itching to say that when the time comes." Clark chuckled.

"I love that movie and Rachel Adams." Lily protested, then she turned to her seat to look at the guest sitting next to me. "So, your Nina?"

"Yes, please, to meet you."

"Same," She and Lily shook hands as she sat back in her seat in front. "The good-looking guy driving is Clark. But don't flirt with him...he's gay," she whispered.

"I heard that bitch," Clark drove down the street.

"You are very bold to admit your sexuality," Nina said.

"I embraced myself, and I was able to find friends who accepted me."

"Firstly, that was Effie because she is so naive," I snarled at her from the back, but she continued. "With me, I need more than convincing you didn't have a hidden agenda to hurt Effie."

Clark groaned. "Are we talking about the past?"

"Hey, you brought it up. You end it,"

While Lily and Clark argue as my parents remind me of that time with them.

I smiled.

"You got some great friends," Nina whispered next to me.

"Yeah," nodding.

"Cherish that moment when the storm comes."

Huh?

I frowned and then looked at Nina, who sat there facing the view of Los Angeles. California never has storms, but we do get heavy rain, and it rarely hails.

What the hell is Nina talking about?

Throughout the ride, I stared at Nina, trying to figure out the mystery about her.

What's her story?

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

324K 11.6K 51
Newton needed an apple to discover the Law of universal attraction. I needed Alex Carter to discover the attraction. Alex Carter, THE BAD BOY. Do I n...
50.2K 3.7K 44
**2ND PLACE IN THE WATTY'S OSCAR AWARDS ** "DOES IT LOOK LIKE I CARE !? " I yelled in her face making her coward back in fear , just how I like them...
69.9K 1.6K 43
Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love and Beauty is forced into an unwanted marriage the very evening she emerges from the sea. While Hephaestus is not terr...
113K 3.3K 49
[Featured on @YARomance, @NA, @Teenfiction, @Contemporarylit] "I feel him lean closer towards me and softly whispers into my ear, 'I just want the be...