LOGAN (Book One)

By authormsdevera

Aphrodite Reid, having a name after a Greek Goddess of beauty and love, doesn't exactly make her one of the "... More

Author's Note
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
EPILOGUE
Book Cover for "LIAM"
Notes to My Readers

SIX

6.5K 254 39
By authormsdevera

Students in the hall all pass by, but their eyes would land on us while they walk by.

"Clark Mason," Lily whispered in shock like how I was when he started talking to me. Her eyes and mouth wide open to let the bugs fly in. Then when she snaps out of it, she started nudging my arm. "You talked with Clark Mason? How is he talking to you?"

I ignored Lily's excitement that the idol of the school is talking to us, but he approached us because he only came for one person.

"Hey, Aphrodite," he smiles, "going to sixth period?"

Well duh, Sherlock, it's the last class.

This guy has been bugging me the moment I said no to dating him and now he thinks it's okay that we talk like buddies. I mean since he spoke to me first as we talked like friends I felt he was coming on to me strong and a gut feeling tells me that he was never going to quit.

Each class yesterday, not once he listened to me when I told him to stop following me to my classes. Talking about Supernatural only made the awkwardness between us grew bigger. But he insists that he should so he could get to know me. The first period until third he followed me. Then when lunch came around, I sat by myself, and he just made himself sit with me like its nothing.

Everywhere I go he follows like a puppy. I could feel the stares on us, but ones felt like daggers when I saw Paris sitting at her table throwing threating stares at me because her ex-boyfriend is sitting with me. I knew she and Clark aren't together because she's been cheating with half of the football team and everyone knew how a slut she is. Now, she is going to do things worse for me through the rest of my life.

"Yeah," I muttered.

"Let me walk with you, I have Honors Biology as my last period, and it sucks," he chuckled.

I didn't ask if your class sucks or not. Why are you here?

Why didn't he get the memo that I have no interest in him?

"That does suck, but...my friend, Lily will walk with me," hooking my arm around hers.

"I don't mind walking with Clark Mas- OW!" she hissed when I pinched her arm messaging the nerve system up to her brain to decline. "Aphrodite and I are going together."

"Oh, that's okay. I'll see you around then."

"Yeah, see you."

That was our cue to leave as I dragged Lily with me walking at a fast pace. Since she and I have P.E together, we hurried and changed into our uniforms for the last class of the day.

"I didn't know you know Clark Mason. He talks to you like you guys know each other." Lily threw me the rubber handball to me. P. E. Was an easy class and today is free to play day, and we get to do anything we want. Lily and I choose just to stand face to face from a distance and just bounce the ball back and forth to each other. "When did he started talking to you?"

"Lily, please don't talk about him," I was getting moody.

"Oh come on, it's not every day that girls like us get noticed by the cutest guy in school, but he's not as cute as Liam."

"You have a thing for him," arching my brow teasing her a little and it made her blush.

"What?" She squealed then blushed. "Is it that bad?"

I shrugged, bouncing the ball back to her. "Well if you like him, you like him. No harm in liking someone."

"I know, but I get the feeling like he doesn't even notice me. I mean we were partner up yesterday, which is funny because he picked me out all the girls in the class, and I had a great time talking to him. He said he likes Indian food; curry is his favorite."

I held the ball and stopped our little game as I stare at her. "What?"

"Nothing, just um...uh...."I scratched my nose. "You know I have the twins in all my classes right?"

Which annoys me.

"Yeah..."

"Well, there was this girl in my English class, and Liam said the same thing only that the girl is Japanese because you know - they also make curry too." I could see how disappointed she was when I told her about Liam's flirting with other girls using the same methods to get the conversations going.

Liam even asked me in history class while in groups, and I didn't give him an answer because we have to do the work and he's babbling about what is my favorite food as if he was only to provide his twin information about me. Logan didn't seem interested at all because he was talking to the girl behind him as they flirted with each other.

Logan again!

UGH!!

LOGAN LOGAN LOGAN!!

My mind is piling up thinking about him. Like I care about who he flirts with. I rejected him, and he should man up, and not act like a puss.

"Oh my god is that Liam without a shirt?" Lily squealed.

I heard a crowd of cheering girls snapping me from popping the rubber ball as if I can. I looked over at the basketball court area. The boys were playing by Shirt VS No Shirt policy to tell the difference from two teams, and apparently and of course the reason for the screaming and horny girls cheered on the twins who are the No Shirt team. The girls were eye fucking the bodies the twins were giving off as they flex the muscles as they play the game.

I had myself stay from where I stood and watched the game with interest. I didn't much like sports. Ares would watch any sports that are on, but mostly football or basketball of his favorite team is on, and stay there hogging the tv all to himself.

The cheering grew louder when Logan grabbed the ball from a high jump. Looking at the scoreboard which another guy is keeping track it was 50-52, and if he scores a three-pointer, his team will win.

From here Logan is drenched with his own sweats. He was on the shirtless team and i swallowed hard. Damn! His body is rip. And that tribal tattoo actually covers his whole arm all the way up over his shoulder and back like he's the Terminator's robotic arm. Liam was the same but on the opposite side of his arm which makes sense because they are twins. Logan's long hair up in a messy bun was getting loose from playing hardcore. He stance, dribbling the ball about a distance from the hoop to where he is standing the wait for a perfect shot to win the game.

"Go, Logan!" The sideline girls cheered and I avert my eyes to the same brunette that was on the roof with Logan was in the crowd of girls, her hands clamp together as if praying. Heather had her eyes on Logan while the game began, and could tell that she and Logan are a thing. Paris is with her, then when she saw me looking at Heather. She lean to whisper in her ear, and now both were looking my way. Probably telling her that I stole Clark from him and now I would also steal Logan from Heather.

As if!

She can have him.

I started to bring up about the kiss the other day gave me a wake-up call because if Logan had his lips on mine, I don't know what the situation will be. He had Heather at the beginning of the school year and like magnetic was already an item.

I clenched my shirt to where my heart is, tight as a pang feeling crossed over my chest suddenly traveled down to my stomach. "Hey, Aphrodite, you okay?" I hear Lily but ignored her because the only thing that I could understand was my heart palpitating slowly then when Logan made a three-point shot scoring a 53-52 points winning the game, the girls all cheered excitedly and watched Heather run to Logan; jumped onto him wrapping her legs around his waist, arms on his neck and kissed him.

This bitch!

Doing in front of the students. In front of me!

That is when I lost it and felt my whole body functions shutting down. I ran out of the gym and heard Lily calling out my name.

I need to get away. The air around me was feeling thin, and I'm was begging to suffocate. Pushing the heavy doors and out of the gym. I stable myself to the walls and immediately grabbed air. I pant in and out collecting as much air in me.

I couldn't bear the pain. It felt tiny pricks of needles as poked through me just waiting to dig deeper into my body, but now the pang feeling is on my abdomen.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Oh no! Don't tell me it's that time of the month.

No, Aunt Flo visited last week. I shouldn't be having it. Unless, it's something else.

"Aphrodite?" I weakly turned my face to see a worried expression on Clark. What the hell is he doing here? Doesn't he have class? "Are you okay?"

I groaned turning to my side then suddenly I felt my body move and realized I was being carried by Clark. "No, put me down." I protested but was too weak to argue any further.

"I need to take you to the nurse's office."

"Hey! Mason," My ears caught Logan's roaring voice in the hall, I curled myself in Clark's chest. No! Why now? "Put her down." He snarled in a warning tone.

"She needs to go to the infirmary."

"Then let me take her."

"I suggest you stay away from her," Clark's chest heaves. I groaned. "She doesn't want you to take her."

I didn't say that; it's because the cramps on my side it hurt like hell.

"You can't put words in her mouth. How about you let her decided?" Even in this weak state, I could hear how agitated Logan is with Clark.

"Why are focusing on one girl who is outcasted by her peers when you already have a groupie?" Clark snorts. "Also, you should take care of your girl rather than be concerned with mine."

What?!

Oh no! Why did you say that?

"Run by me that again?" Logan's voice became dark as he asked. I heard Liam whispering to his twin to stop, but that doesn't help.

"That's right, Aphrodite and I are dating, and as her boyfriend, I suggest you get the hell away from her, or there will be consequences." Clark threaten.

"Oh, brah, you don't know the meaning of consequences because that is what I do I intend to do when I rip your throat out." I could hear his husky voice means that he was serious about hurting Clark. Logan is twice his size because of all the abs he's packing, and I don't think Clark has a chance. So, words are his offense and defense.

"Well, brah, if you don't want to get in trouble like from your old school. Don't want to give tension to your new friends. So, I suggest you back off."

Even with the pain, I had turn slowly to take a peek at Logan and saw he didn't hesitate to tackle down Clark. Even with the same age range, Logan is so much bigger and could physically hurt Clark, but mentioning about his old school had to stop the beast from taking the risk of beating him.

What did Logan do at his old school? And how does Clark know about it?

Clark then started walking down the hall and headed towards the direction of the nurse's office.

Lots of question were mixing up in my brain. He probably charmed his way into the principal's office with all the files of each student and read Logan's to get into his skin. Or maybe, he heard from someone who thinks Logan has done wrong and used it as leverage to get at him.

I was getting anxious and scared if I were to find out what Logan did back at his previous school, so I just had to ignore it and focus on my cramps making the worst out of it.

At the infirmary, Mrs. Smith handed me a painkiller pill and a cup of water. Clark went out for a bit leaving me alone. I felt the pain in my lower abdomen fading implying the medicine works

"That is twice this week you came to my office, Aphrodite," Mrs. Smith says as she took out something from her drawer and handed me a purple rectangular shape plastic wrap. "Not only that but you got the smoking hot new kid take you here the other day, and now the prince of the school bring you here. If I were your age, I would be the luckiest girl in the whole school." She chuckled, but that made the situation much worst.

I lowered my head. "I never ask for this," I confessed.

The nurse sighed, "well, sometimes fate chooses you. Ignoring them would only make things worse for you to handle."

"Logan is such a player, and I was fine until he showed up," I spoke in a hard tone playing with my fingers. "And Clark, I rejected him the today when he asks, he didn't get the message and started following me around like a lost dog, and now he calms I'm his girlfriend in front of the whole school, in front of his ex-girlfriend..." especially Logan. "Just makes things worse."

"So, who do you choose?"

I rose my head seeing the nurse place her hands on her hips waiting for my response. I dip my head back down and look for the answers on the floor like the words are there, and I just needed to tell her.

I wasn't sure how should I give her an answer because I don't want to choose. I don't want to be the middle between two guys who are fighting for my affection. No, that's not what I think. I think I'm in the middle because they are two different guys; a battle between the bad boy and nice guy, and they get to see who is more worthy. It's not about me, but their damn pride. But, Clark dropped the bomb on him about his past made me think that Clark isn't such a nice guy threatening people like that. I'm beginning to think he is much worse than Logan.

Knowing Logan for just days, when he's in class, with his brothers, around guys and girls automatically tell me he just any regular guy having fun in high school. Clark is the same, but too much focus on the school can make him the bad guy if you get him on his wrong side. Both guys were kind of taking me to the nurse's office, both concerns for my wellbeing, but what is there motive doing that. Clark asked me out; I refuse, then he came to my rescue before I could pass out, whereas Logan, he volunteers to take me to the infirmary and then I could see he was trying to be kind to me until that went wrong in our conversation I had to blow him off.

Two high school boys, two boys who wanted my attention, and yet, what is their MO.

Wow, I could be in the FBI only that I suck at profiling. My primary objective is why suddenly two boys who are out of this world wants me?

Okay, that sounded wrong. I seemed like a desperate thirty-something-year-old virgin who is crazy enough to think that two boys are fighting over her.

No, that is not me. No way!

I don't consider myself valuable to both guys; I'm just confused why this is happening to my life?

When I couldn't answer, the door to the office opens, and Clark came inside holding my bag. I felt a tap on my shoulder when he entered made me jump a little.

"Remember what I said," the nurse whispered and walked away to her desk beginning to type on the keyboard of her computer.

"I brought your stuff," Clark held my bag up. "Your friend, Lily helped me out. She seems like a shy girl, but weird at the same time when I ask for your things. She just looked at me like my Nana's porcelain dolls. Man those are super creepy," he shivers, then laughs.

"Thanks, "I told him with a tone that I do not care what dolls his Nana has I didn't want to deal with him after what happened.

Taking my bag from him. When I didn't look at him I disappear in the restroom inside the nurse's office, did my business using the purple square item the nurse handed me in between my legs, washed my hands and came out.

I thanked Mrs. Smith, walking out her office and made myself down the corridor.

"Aphrodite, wait," Clark jogged up and stop in front of me. "Are you okay? What's the matter?"

I huffed before I could start a conversation. "How could you say I'm your girlfriend in front of the whole school?" especially in front of Logan. "And Paris was one of them!"

Clark's face frowned and could read that I wasn't happy with his declaration. He stuck his hands in his pocket. "I assumed that you didn't want Logan to take you here, so I had to say your my girlfriend."

"Okay, but you didn't have to say "girlfriend" when I rejected you. You can't just announce our fake relationship when I barely even know you."

"Maybe I wanted you to be my girlfriend and pissed off Logan."

I groaned, stomping my way around him when he again steps in front of me with hands up. "Hey, just having a little tease," he says in his defense. "Plus, I thought we hit it off when we have Supernatural as our common interest."

"Tease? Do you have to go that far and mention about his previous school? That was his business, not yours." I glared at him.

"Why are defending him when you and he aren't together? What's the deal, Dimples?" Clark started to get uneasy when I brought it up. I snarled by the name I'm starting to hate.

I stopped walking and turned to him. "Look, I already told you I couldn't date you. It's not because of you or Logan. I don't want to date right now. So stop bothering me like we are buddies and take a hint there will be no us because clearly, you didn't get the memo."

"Effie," calling out the nickname that I have not to approve of him saying. "Give a guy a chance here. I'm genuine and sincere to you unlike Logan who is surrounded by plenty of girls who are much prettier - " he paused as I looked at him with glare, "shit, sorry that came out wrong."

I sighed, loudly. "No, your right, there are much prettier girls in the school. Why would he be interested with me that has so many ugly scars."

I didn't want to deny, but Clark was right on the spot, and if Logan and I are seen together, it will make things uglier for him.

"Effie, don't bother to be with someone who doesn't see the true beauty in you," I gasped when Clark take my hand and plants a kiss like what a prince would do. I was startled that I blushed.

Damn.

Why are hot guys are always the ladykillers with to say one word to make any girl fall to their feet?

"You need a real man," Clark referring to him. "And I promise you I will treat you like a Queen."

What kind of promise is that?

So cheesy I almost barf.

Then I thought about me dating the prince of the school and how me being with him would cause much of an uproar than with Logan, the new guy.

I gave it a thought debating whether to go with it as I bit my lips.

"I know it's hard for you, but how about one date, is all I'm asking." He put up one finger. "Just one and then you can decide."

One date huh?

That doesn't sound bad but I'm having doubts about saying yes, but I should give it a shot with Clark because he is a decent person.

I let another loud sighed. "Okay, one date." Clark pulls a wide smile. "And if I decide to be with you, and because you said I'm your girlfriend; no touching or kissing."

"What kind of promise is that?" He frowned like I hurt his feelings. "I already told the whole school your my girl. Why can't I touch you?"

"Firstly, I never said I'm your girlfriend you declared that, and secondly..." I bite my lips.

Clark smile turned grimacing. "Oh, I see, you agreed to date me because of Logan. You want to make him jealous?"

"No," I snapped. "Because I don't like him."

Liar!

My subconscious was screaming in my brain.

"Okay, don't need to be angry," Clark grinned. "I'm just making sure you, don't have any feelings for him since you two are always together."

"We are not together." I snarled. "Secondly, he's the one always getting close to me so I can go out with any guy I want. He doesn't own me." And making my heart jump every time.

"Okay, then," he extends his hand.

I frowned. "What?"

"Hand me your phone."

"Why?"

"Just hand it over," he demanded.

I sighed with a grunt and handed my phone to him. Clark typed something and gave it back. "That's my number. Friday at 7, I'll pick you up for our date."

"Huh, What? Friday? Our date?" So soon.

"Yeah, so dress nice and sexy for me," He flashed me a smile showing off his perfect white teeth and wink. "See you later, baby," then he walked away leaving me with a dumbfounded expression.

Huh?

Already?

As I stood there all I could think in my head was what the hell am I going to wear.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 586 9
When self-made billionaire Gianna Moretti swears by the red sole of her 4-inch Louboutin to never fall in love again, Aphrodite finds it an insult an...
428 6 50
Aphrodite lives in a town where beautiful looks mean more than a beautiful personality. Looks are everything, so the fact that Aphrodite doesn't dres...
324K 11.6K 51
Newton needed an apple to discover the Law of universal attraction. I needed Alex Carter to discover the attraction. Alex Carter, THE BAD BOY. Do I n...
732 196 41
.。*♡✧*。 [COMPLETED; EDITING] Junior year at Everdear Lynx High takes a turn when Elaine Dearly decides to take her best friend, Eleanor's love life i...