The Desperate Kingdom of Love...

By mysticaltales11111

A Decade ago,Arnav Singh Raizada and Asad Ahemed Khan,heirs to famous business tycoons of the country, turned... More

Introduction and Character Sketch
Chapter 1 - The Silent Truth
Chapter 3 - Just a Lie..or A Wonderful Lie It Is??
Chapter 4 - Just Life or A Movie It Is??
Chapter 5 - A Pinch of Jealousy and Some Fireworks
Chapter 6- And Somethings are Just Easier Said, Than Done
Chapter 7 - Cant Stop This Thing We've Started?
Chapter 8 - Every Picture Tells A Story
Chapter 9 - I Want to Make It Up to You
Chapter 10- Flowers and Storms
Chapter 11 - The First Cut is the Deepest
Chapter 12 - The Heart Still Beats
Chapter 13- If Only
Chapter 14 - Set Me Free
Chapter 15 - Giving Up
Chapter 16 - Moving On
Chapter 17 - Stealing Time
Chapter 18 - Stealing Chances
Chapter 19 - Now or Never
Chapter 20 - Some Bits and Pieces
Chapter 21 - The Distant Road
Chapter 22 - Go The Distance
Chapter 23 - Risking It All
Chapter 24 - Longing
Chapter 25 - As Long As You Love Me
Chapter 26 - GAME TIME
Chapter 27 - Quit Playing Games With My Heart
Chapter 28 - Falling Apart
CHAPTER 29 - BROKEN
CHAPTER 30- CAN SOMEBODY STICH ME UP?
Chapter 31 - THE TRILLION BROKEN PEICES OF MY HEART
CHAPTER 32 - RIPPED
Chapter 33 - THE MIRROR OF THE PAST
CHAPTER 34 - STANDSTILL
CHAPTER 35 - THE AFTERMATH
CHAPTER 36 - THE THOUGHTS THAT CROSS MY HEART
CHAPTER 37 - UPSIDE DOWN
CHAPTER 38 - HEART TO HEART
CHAPTER 39 - TOO MANY GOODBYE'S
CHAPTER 40 - IN BETWEEN THE LINES
CHAPTER 41 - PUZZLED CONNECTIONS
CHAPTER 42 - THE WINGS OF TIME
CHAPTER 43 - BEING CUPID
CHAPTER 44 - A STEP CLOSER INTO YOU
CHAPTER 45 - HOLD ME NOW
CHAPTER 46 - ALL I NEED IS YOU
CHAPTER 47 - GIVING IN
Chapter 48 - HOME
CHAPTER 49 - Forever with You
Important Note
CHAPTER 50 - ALWAYS
Chapter 51 - I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU
Alternate Versiom of FF TDKOL-Opinions???

Chapter 2 - A Strange Wish..for A Strange Possibility?

4.2K 129 9
By mysticaltales11111

Chapter 2 – A Strange Wish...for A Strange Impossibility?

We all must have often observed or noticed in our Lives...that how mostly everything that we do...or we plan to do...is simply classified in our Minds into two columns – One column of the Possibility – the possible things that we have done/ are doing/will continue to do in our Lives..its a simple classification...often makes our Life easier.

But then ofcourse there is a catch – when comes into the picture the Other column – The column of Impossibility...we know it is an impossible classification...far away from our reach...but what happens when we feel like wanting to do the Impossible...just so as to challenge it...and probably Hope..and dare to dream to convert it into a Possibility one day....and what really happens when we start getting drawn towards an Impossibility?? Do we Dream....do we lead ourselves on..?? Yes..we do. We all do it just sometimes...due to the Enigma it reflects...we all do Dream the Impossible...leading ourselves to the path where we find ourselves face to face with – A Strange Wish...for a Strange Impossibility.

.......

Asad finally shut down his Laptop ...and finished the presentation he had been working on...for the clients in Boston....which he was to meet on Monday..and he looked around the business class cabin to see mostly all the seats flat as he noticed that everyone mostly was sleeping...and so he thought he should get some sleep too..as he checked his watch..barely only three hours were left for Landing.

He got up and made his way to the washroom...which was towards the front of the cabin...and it was on his way back towards his seat..when he thought he saw a familiar face...on the first seat...of the opposite side of where he was seated...but she was sleeping...and so he looked again...so as to confirm it was really who he thought she was....and he felt a smile curve up his lips...as he walked back to his seat...not wanting to disturb his sisters sleeping best friend in her slumber. He settled down in his seat and he thought of why hadn't Khushi mentioned this to him on the phone when he spoke to her...that Miss Farooqui was flying to US too?? And why hadn't he spotted her? And then it dawned on him that she must have boarded in on London...and taken her seat first...unlike him...who was the last one to board the flight..because he had utilized the time in Transit to freshen up at the Lounge.But he still wondered...what would she be doing here as in going to Boston anyway for? She was a year older than Khushi and had already finished the course his sister was almost finishing...could it be that she was heading there for some work?? She did say..she was working...but he didn't know exactly where.

As he tried to get some sleep...he felt his mind wander about to the first time he had met her...Miss Zoya Farooqui....when he had gone to visit Khushi...three months ago....and he felt a smile gather up his face as he recalled how her funny antics had caught his attention....well ofcourse...he hadn't spent much time with the two..barely two days....but he didn't know why...she seemed familiar to him at first...and he had brushed the thought away wondering that she was just a stranger whom he had just met...how could she seem familiar? And he had noticed in those two days...that for Khushi...she was a wonderful friend...and he was happy and content...knowing that Khushi , his little sister had somebody who genuinely cared for her in a different country...where she was away from her family.And maybe that was probably one of the reasons...why he was fond of Miss Farooqui...because she was a good friend to his little sister...and secondly maybe because...she was funny....and amusing...and intelligent...and breathtakingly beautiful.There were times in that day hed spent with Khushi and her..when shed made the two of them crack up and laugh about anything and everything....and he had to give that to her...beacause he knew it was a difficult thing to Crack him up...and she had managed to do that pretty well and then there were times...when hed almost thought hed seen her steal glances at him once in a while...and then get back into a deep serious thought.....which made him unable to figure out what the hell was going on in that mind of hers. And then hed left...and he hadn't spoken to her ever since except for a few byes and hi's through Khushi on phone...and that was it.But he wondered quite a few times since he had met her....that how was it that she had managed to catch his interest in a way no girl/woman had. He was 28...but yes he was very tradiotional when it came to women...and so he had never indulged in any casual affairs...or flings...because he classified it as Nonsense...and also because nothing except for work and family occupied his mind anyway. But she had caught his attention....hadnt she? And he had felt himself being taken aback...by that smile..the first smile she gave him nervously when Khushi introduced her to him...and he had almost kicked himself for thinking about /or being drawn towards his little sisters best friend...she was 23....a year older to Khushi...but still almost 5 years younger to him, and exactly that thought was the same one he fought...when hed felt himself noticing how beautiful and attractive she was, and then ofcourse he remembered...as he was leaving....hed noticed her just nervously say Bye...and walk off just like that....without saying a word...and so he shrugged every thought that was on his mind...and left...but Zoya Farooqui continued to remain a Mystery to his mind...everytime he thought of her. He felt Sleep finally ready to take over...and he slept wondering....if he would find himself smiling again...when he would hear her exclaim – Allah Miyaan whats wrong with you Mr.Khan?

...................

Arnav landed at Heathrow and checked his watch...it was 6.30 am....and he got through the rest of the formalities...and changed his simcard to the London no...he used everytime he was in London...and just as he switched his phone on again...he received a text message ...and he opened it only to have a smile on his face as he read it –

' Hey Bhai...Welcome to London! I hate the fact that I missed seeing you – damm summer school dates! Anyways..I am boarding my flight...hope u had a nice flight too...since you will read this once u switch on your London no...and yes I have left the keys with Khushi...you remember right? So take it from her...and just so that u have to call her coz I know you will be reaching early morning ..i have also sent you her number. Will call as I land – Zoya'

As Arnav got into a cab...he saved his sisters friend no...and then he thought of whether he should call her now...and tell her that he would be there in 30 minutes...to collect the key....and just as he was about to dial the no...he stopped thinking it was quite early morning..and it wouldn't be correct to wake her up now...so...he just thought it would be better...if he called once he had reached the building itself. Khushi...you remember her right?- his sister had mentioned in her text – well ofcourse he remembered her...how could he forget that innocent and mesmerizing face.....the one that had haunted him for several nights...in the past six months...since his return from London...and he closed his eyes...and he felt his mind wander to the memory of how he first met her – he had come to visit Zoya to suprize her...and he was stepping out of Selfridges at Oxford Street after he finished buying her a gift and it was right then..he spotted a girl who had just stepped onto the street with her attention to the phone...without noticing that the pedestrian sign was red...and he had immediately leaped forward and pulled her back with her hand...just in time ,saving her from being hit by the speeding car.

She was scared...and shocked from what had just happened...and had her eyes shut....and somehow the look she had on her face managed to mesmerize him....as he held her close...and asked her softly – if she was alright..?? And it was only then did she open her eyes a few seconds later and nodded...pulling away from his hold...and thanked him softly , and she just disappeared into the crowd...before he could say anything.It had surprised him ofcourse...but he had shrugged the incident aside..beacuse ofcourse there would be no way...he would be seeing her again.But infact there was a way...and he could not believe the co-incidence as he had walked into Zoya's building towards her studio flat ...when he saw the door to her sisters room open...and she sat there...deep in conversation with the girl he had just saved.....only to be introduced by her sister – to her best friend Khushi Gupta.She had smiled at him meekly and thanked him again...as she explained to Zoya what had happened.He had been visiting only for two days...so he hadn't got much time to spend with Zoya...except for the Dinner..to which Zoya had gotten Khushi along as well...it was then...did he come to know that she was still doing her MBA...and was even a year younger to Zoya...which made him feel surprise at his own self....for being attracted to someone..who was perhaps even younger than his little sister...and then moreover..he was dating Lavanya those days...so he hadn't indulged in any direct conversation with Khushi...because even though she was beautiful and had caught his interest...she was way too young ...innocent and naïve...for him to think of her as anything but his little sisters best friend.Infact he had been quite shocked...when at times he had closed his eyes in the nights...only to get haunted by her innocent face...but he had shrugged it away ofcourse.

Right then the taxi came to a halt..and he broke away from his chain of thoughts...as he made his way inside the building...into the elevator...with his luggage...and pressed the 7th floor button....he was tired...and sleepy...he was glad it was a Sunday....and a few seconds later...the elevator door opened to the seventh floor...and he dragged his suitcase to a stop infront of 701...Zoya's appt and walked across towards 702...and knocked...but when no one answered...he took out his phone...and dialled the number his sister had sent him.

.........................

Khushi heard her phone ring through her sleep...it was Sunday...and it was 7.10 am...why would anyone call her so soon? But she opened her one eye to check who it was...but when she didn't recognize the number...she almost put her phone aside..to rush back to sleep...just when a thought came to her mind and she sat up straight immediately in her bed...as she picked it up to hear a voice...that sent similar shivers all over her.

She quickly got up...rushed to her bathroom...brushed...washed her face...all at the speed she didn't know she was capable of working at...she quickly opened her hair which was tied up in a braid..and ruffled her hand through them...and then rushed back into the room...put on her trach suit jacket over the spaghetti..and walked to the door...with the keys in her hand...as she tried to calm down her heart beat...as she finally opened the door to see the man that had been haunting her dreams standing in front of her...looking incredibly handsome in his rugged casual wear...smile at her as he said in the voice that gave her goosebumps – Hi Khushi...I apologize for disturbing you so early...

Khushi instructed her heartbeat to calm down as she managed to smile back nervously – Hi...no that's alright....how are you? Hope the flight was good..

Arnav nodded as he answered – yes it was...and im good...just tired...

Khushi immediately smacked herself for making him stand in the doorway when he was so tired , so she spoke hurriedly – Oh im so sorry for making u stand here...' and she immediately walked ahead towards Zoya's room and opened it and held it open as he walked up to the door and she handed him the keys – here...if u have any problem...just let me know..

Arnav took his luggage and took the keys from her hand and smiled – thanks Khushi...I appreciate it...'and he walked in and settled the luggage in the hall...as he walked up in the kitchenette...and opened the fridge to see no bottled water and so he turned only to see Khushi almost turning to leave, but he asked nonetheless – water?

Khushi immediately turned around and walked in and explained – well usually mostly me and Zoya have the tap water...its safe to drink....but since I guess you don't...wait let me check if I have some'

Arnav watched her quickly sprint across to her studio...and she was back in a minute with a big bottle of Evian as she said – Im sorry...that's all I have..' as she handed him the bottle.

Arnav poured himself a glass of water as he sat across on small chair and said – so how have u been?

Khushi smiled and answered – Im good...just working on my dissertation...should be done in a couple of weeks...and then I head home for good..'

Arnav – 'that's great..'

Khushi thought that she should leave , so she said – ' well ill leave you to get some rest and get settled..' and she walked towards the doorway when she heard him say – Khushi? And she turned...

Arnav smiled - thank you'

Khushi just smiled and walked across to her room...and shut the door...and kneeled down against the door...trying to calm her heartbeats again...she had just spent five minutes in his presence and everything about him had already started to mess up with her mind...how was she going to be able to function normally around him for three weeks....and just then she remembered...that it wasn't normal anyway...because normally she was Khushi Ahemed Khan...and not Khushi Gupta.

Arnav was tired and so did not unpack completely and changed and got into bed....and just as he closed his eyes...the scene of how Khushi had opened the door to him...looking as mesmerizing and innocent as always..flashed in his mind....she hadn't changed at all...in the past six months...her smile was still the same...she had that same innocence on her face...she was still amazingly beautiful....and he literally scolded himself for thinking of her...as he reminded himself that she was 22...way too young....for him...and he deceided to keep that thought in mind....and before he could think anything else...sleep took over.

......................

Zoya waited at the Luggage belt impatiently....as she adjusted her watch to the time in Boston – 7 am...and just as she did...she realized it must be noon in London...since Boston was five hours behind..and so she thought of calling her brother to know if he had settled in well...and just as she was about to , she heard a voice behind her...a voice that shocked and surprised her at the same time as she heard him say – How are you...Miss farooqui?...and she turned immediately knowing who it was because there was only one person on this planet who called her that...and she found herself face to face with Asad Ahemed Khan.Hadnt she just wished for not meeting him ever again a few hours ago...and here he was standing right in front of her...looking as amazing as he always did...and she managed to smile as she said – Mr.Khan...aap? yahan ? how come?

Asad smiled as he walked up and stood next to her and answered –' We were on the same flight Miss Farooqui..'

Zoya's eyes widened in surprise as she used the pretended catch phrase and answered – Allah Miyaan...whats wrong with you Mr.Khan? really? Then why didn't I see you?

Asad felt a smile creep up his lips just like he had imagined would...when he heard her say those words and he answered – ' Because I only spotted you much later...when u were asleep...and just as we landed...you were off before I could call out to you'

Zoya - Oh....so how have u been?, she asked..deperately wanting to do something about the way his gaze was affecting her..

Asad – Im good...here for work...a new project...would be here for maybe two three weeks...and what about u?

Zoya – ' Well..im good to Mr.Khan...here for summer school at Harvard..three weeks' and just then she spotted her suitcase and bent down to pick it up....but Asad was too quick for her as he picked it up and adjusted it on her trolley and answered – thts great...Miss Farooqui...I wonder why Khushi didn't tell me this..' and just then he spotted his bag and he took it and adjusted it in his trolley...as they both started walking out.

Asad - so where are u staying?i remember u saying u don't like student accommodation?

Zoya's eyes widened in surprise as she asked – u remember?

Asad whacked himself mentaly for saying that aloud and he covered up – yeah..I mean..Khushi doesn't too...how is she ? I miss her...

Zoya – Well don't worry...shes great....just working on her dissertation..shes excited to go back home too..Mr.Khan,,,and my classes shall be in the business school..which is in the Allston neighbourhood...across the Charles River...so iv just rented out a studio appt there...for a month...and what about you?'

Asad – ' I had my secretary book a service apartment for me too...although I don't remember the name..wait let me check' and he browsed his email toc heck for the confirmation...and he answered – ' Riverbend..it is '

Zoyas eyes widened yet again...as she genuinely question was this fate?or just a coincidence as she asked – Riverbend on the Charles??

Asad nodded – exactly....'

Zoya felt herself laugh as she said – Now I know why they say it's a small world...I have booked mine there too'

Asad didn't know why but he felt really happy with this new knowledge and he thought he will figure out the feeling later,as he saw her walk towards the taxi stand and he asked – where do u think you are going...Miss farooqui?

Zoya looked back confusedly as she answered – the cab?

Asad smiled – I like to have my way around...I have rented a car...and since our destination is the same...why don't you join me too?

Zoya nodded as she followed him silently as his words brought out the worry in her mind yet again – 'our destination is the same'...only if he knew that she wasn't who he thought he was.....and she looked at him as they settled in the car and gave him a weak smile....busy in the thought...that why did it all seem so wrong and right at the same time?

....................................

London – 1.30 pm

Khushi sent in the mail to her personal tutor for the dissertation attaching the copy of the work she had done so far...and she was really happy about whatever she had done so far...she checked her watch to see it was 12.Ever since Raizada had walked in a few hours ago and messed up with her head...she was having a tough time distracting herself to think of things other than him...she had barely been able to sleep...and so she had gotten ready three hours back and had been working on her dissertation since then...and just then she heard her stomach rumble...she was hungry...she had just had cereal...so she deceided to cook something...just when she remembered that she was supposed to go grocery shopping yesterday and she had totally forgotten....just when her phone rang and she saw it was Zoya so she quickly picked it up-

Khushi – Zoya...how are you? Reached safe? Hows the apartment?

She heard Zoya sigh – Im good Khushi....just spoke to Bhai...hes just finished setllling his stuff...thanks and yes the apartment is good..also looks like im going to have to have to play Farooqui , my friend..

Khushi asked shocked – what ?what do u mean?

Zoya explained everything as she said – Looks like I will be staying with your Bhaijaan...across the hall...Omg this is so messed up Khushi...im scared what if he finds out?

Khushi tried to calm her down as she said – No..he wont don't worry...its just three weeks...and then no Gupta- Farooqui...we can go back to actually being who we are..'

Zoya sighed – I know...maybe u are right...ill try my best..to not blow it..'

Khushi – Me too...all the best around...just be careful...that's all...'

Zoya – yeah...all the best to you too...just thinking of getting some sleep...its just 830 am..and im tired..'

Khushi – yeah...u sleep..take care...and keep me updated'

Zoya answered – I will...I miss you so much already'

Khushi smiled as she put down the phone answering her best friend – I know...I miss you so much too.

A few minutes later...her bhaijaan called....telling her most of what she already knew from Zoya....but she heard him nonetheless...and just before she kept the phone down she said – bhaijaan....waise toh I know...zoya can handle everything and herself....but still ...since you are there...just watch out for her...please...for me?' to which she heard her brother reply after a few seconds of silence – I will Khushi..dont worry....u tc ok?

Khushi kept the phone down deep in thought...as she felt her stomach grumble and so she just took her bag and deceided to go out and get a take away or something...she needed fresh air anyway.

Just as she stepped out of her appt...she saw Arnav step out of his...as he smiled walking her to the Lift...and she silently dammed what fate was doing to her here....as she heard him ask – you had lunch?

Khushi – no...was just going to grab a bite...you?

Arnav – nope...was just going to grab a bite too...so whats the closest place to eat?

Khushi answered spontaneously – Nandos...its just a few blocks away...but I don't know if you will like it...'

Arnav smiled – ofcourse I do love the food there Khushi...Zoya drags me to it everytime im here...so will you join me?

Khushi looked at him surprised for a minute...and she asked softly – you sure?i mean...

Arnav nodded – 'Yup...and will give me some time to know how my sister has been doing ' he lied....because just as hed spotted her walk out the door..looking adorable in the pink sundress..but deep in thought...all he had wanted to know was how she had been doing...because he always kept a track of his sister...and he always knew how she was doing.

Arnav listened to her tell him all about what she and Zoya do..in their free time...as they ate....and he was quite amused....but relieved at the same time that Zoya had found such a great friend in Khushi and so he spoke – Thanks Khushi..

Khushi looked at him confusedly – for what arnavji?

Arnav looked at her in disbelief as he heard her call him that and he said – seriously Khushi? Stop calling me that...makes me feel old...call me Arnav...that's my name...and thanks for being a great friend to Zoya...'

Khushi smiled as she heard him and she felt her heart flip– well don't thank me...zoya is a wonderful friend too...shes always been there for me....Arnav'

Arnav smiled as he heard his name escape her soft lips and he didn't know why he felt as if he had never heard his name sound better...and he whacked himself mentally again....as he reminded himself...she is 22..she is 22..my little zoya's best friend....and he was deep in thought when he heard her say – Im sorry Arnav..

And it was his turn to look at her confusingly – sorry about what?

Khushi finished her meal..as she answered – I mean...for your break up with ...whts her name lavanya..'

He felt surprised as to how would she know this and so he asked – how do u know?

Khushi said nervously – actually Zoya made me read the article...that came on the Times of India...two weeks back...I mean...' and she hoped he didn't see the lie in between...because ofcourse it was an article she had read on Google..while she stalked him to mentally remind herself of her boundaries...and she felt in that moment that it was pure irony...because she was sitting right across him...breaking every boundary she had placed for herself...

Arnav nodded as he remembered how media always had a big role to play in his Life and he remembered how his sister was never fond of Lavanya in the first place and he answered – I am sure Khushi...Zoya must have...she never liked lavanya...and honestly u don't need to be sorry..it was just a casual .....anyway..what about you?are u dating someone? – he asked and he didn't know why he hoped shed say no

Khushi smiled nervously as she answered– no ...well no...im not...' and she thought she saw him hide a smile..as he heard her..

They walked back and Arnav saw her deep in thought and so he asked – all ohk?

Khushi nodded – yes all is...I was just wondering..i mean...I thought id do some grocery shopping on the way..Tesco is just a few minutes away...so ill see u later then...and do u want anything specific?

Arnav thought for a minute and he answered – well ofcourse I do...but itll be just a basic stock..but it will pile up a lotta stuff...how about u just order it online...isnt that what Zoya usually does?

Khushi smiled as she agreed – yeah..maybe I could do just that...' and she walked along with him silently...trying to figure out what the hell was her fate upto here?

Khushi quickly entered her studio appt...and asked him to come in...as she quickly went to her room...and hid the pictures of her family....and removed the desktop picture...that she had of Zoya, her and her bhaijaan...from his visit a few months back....and took her laptop out as she sat on the kitchen stool...across his..and opened the webpage to order the grocery...as she ordered whatever he needed as well...and booked the morning 10.00 am spot for delivery as she said –' and ill be home only...so ill receive it....'

Arnav looked around her apartment and smiled it was simple...and decorated well...it reflected her...and just then he saw her frown...as she read something on her email...and he instinctively got up to stand behind her and see what it was...just as she turned at the same time and bumped straight into his chest...as she lost balance...but he caught her just in time in his arms..just as she held on to his collar for support....and he watched in awe...that mesmerizing expression of her nervous closed eyes...play across her face...she was so innocent....her face gave her away....and he asked softly a minute later...after he reluctantly stopped himself from staring at her – tum theek ho?

Khushi opened her eyes to see him look at her and she thought his eyes spoke so much....that she felt herself melt...but she straightened awkwardly as she answered – yes...im fine...just that..my tutor...he has me all worried now..

Arnav – why what happened?

Khushi sighed as she explained – well you see...my major is marketing...and so my work is on – Making of an Iconic Brand- the Principles of Cultural Branding...' and I have included the case studies of all the top brands in my work...like u know..Apple...Coke...Disney...etc etc...but now my tutor says that all that is good...but he wants me to research on a brand...like a proper research with questionnaires and stuff...to see how they adopted the Principles of Cultural Branding....he says itll make my project stronger...but now with only three weeks left...how will I get to do any research...and which company or brand...' and she sat down disappointed – ' iv been working so hard on this Arnav...and now..what am I going to do?'

Arnav thought he didn't like the disappointed look on her otherwise beautiful face and so he thought for a minute and he answered in an instant – well I could help u a little if u want..as in...you could write on AR..i mean...we are an established brand when it comes to international market in clothing and designer wear...and we have had to make a lot of changes in various countries of operation due to the differences in culture...' and he saw her deep in thought as if she had zoned into another world..so he said – ' I meanits just an idea...Zoya would have suggested you the same probably..let me know if u want any help...you can come by our office anytime incase u want to know anything..' and he waited for her answer...

Khushi smiled meekly as she answered – thanks Arnav...I mean thts so nice of you to help....ill think about this...and let you know...but I wonder why they write those things about you?

Arnav looked at her for a minute as he asked – write what?

Khushi replied wanting to kick herself for saying that aloud as she covered up once more – you know in all those articles..Zoya tells me about...she complains that the media writes way too much negative things about you....that you are mean...arrogant..and ruthless...'

Arnav fought as smile as he raised a eyebrow – so u don't think im any of that?

Khushi looked away from his gaze as she answered – well...not now atleast...I mean...uv been nice ever since I met u now...and even before u saved me...

Arnav laughed at the innocent look that gave her away once more as he answered – I am nice to my friends...not that I have many...and my family...and to the people who matter to me....and you Miss Gupta...are Zoya Singh Raizada's best friend...why wouldn't I be nice to you?

Khushi felt as if someone had thrown a huge bucket of cold water on her...as his words brought her back to reality – Miss Gupta...and she felt her heart wonder if he would be as nice to her..if he found out that she wasn't any Miss Khushi Gupta...but Khushi Ahemed Khan...and right then she heard him answer his phone as he gestured to her that he will catch up with her later and walked out towards his studio but not before Khushi had heard what he had said – Aman ..i hope u have fixed my meetings with the constructions here...I will not let Asad Ahemed Khan get away with this win easily...'

Khushi quickly shut the door to her room as she saw him enter his and she quickly walked back to hers...as she tried to understand her feelings that had been erupting within her...ever since she met him this morning...No this was not a good idea...this wasn't a good idea at all....she knew it from six months back....that her heart wasn't listening to her anyway as it thought of him despite knowing everything....but today...the few hours she had spent with him...and made her feel wonderful....and happy...and like it seemed right....and just as hed caught her in her arms...and how shed seen him gaze at her intently....flickered a hope that lay deep within her heart....he wasn't dating anyone as well...and why had he smiled when shed told him that she wasn't too....what did all of this mean...why was he helping her?? Why?? Was there a possibility that he liked her....NO....she shrugged the thought away...ofcourse not....why would he....she was just a 22 year old naïve girl...not the kinds he dated...maybe he was just being nice to her...because she was Zoya's best friend...and she felt tears silently fall down her cheeks at that thought as she touched them and reflected – as to why did it pain to think that he thought of her as just that? It was right though maybe...it was safe if he thought of her as just that...and it was better that she maintained her distance from him...but then Why did her her heart wish otherwise....she knew what she hoped for was Impossible...then why did she still feel herself making the strange wish for the Impossible?

.............................

Arnav finished his talk on the phone and he saw his elder sisters missed call and so he thought of calling her...and he spoke to her for a while...filling her up on the events of the days...and he heard his sister ask – So hows Khushi? Zoya tells me shes wonderful...and very nice...and she must be...since shes making sure her best friends brother has settled in....

Arnav recalled the few hours hed spent with her and he answered spontaneously – Im happy that Zoya has her around di...and shes right...shes nice and wonderful...

Anjali replied in surprise – what?? What did u just say?

Arnav spoke confusedly – what di...I just said shes nice and wonderful..'

He heard his sister tease him – oh I thought it was Impssible for you to praise any girl...especially not the one u just met..

Arnav rolled her eyes as he said – Calm down di....do not think otherwise...she is nice...that's it...moreover..shes even younger to Zoya..

He heard his sister reply – Yeah right..whatever Chotte...' and they spoke for a few minutes before he hung up.

And right then his eyes fell on a picture on his sisters sidetable....a picture of Khushi and her hugging.....and he cudnt help but smile at it...and he felt his mind wander towards Khushi once more...The Impossible was happening here....he was getting attracted towards her...and he should not right? As he reminded himself of her age once more....and just then..the memory of how it felt as he caught her in his arms...a while ago struck him....it felt different...and he frowned at the feeling...because why did he feel that reminding himself of how young she was...wasn't really working anymore....Khushi Gupta had found a way into his thoughts and mind...and because no girl had been able to do that....he had always seen it as an impossibility...that no girl could affect him in the manner that would surprise him...but in that particular moment as he comprehended what he was feeling....he was not only surprised...but also Astonished with himself.

........................

2.00 PM – Boston

Zoya googled the name of the best take away /home delivery resturants as she was really hungry...and then a thought struck her...and so she walked up across the hall and knocked on the door and saw Asad open the door all ready and so she asked – going somewhere?

Asad smiled – well...no Miss farooqui....just thought of eating something...u know...hunger strikes?

Zoya laughed – Very Funny Mr.Khan....infact...I was just about to order something....so thought I should ask you...I mean...if u want something..' and she showed him the list of the resturants on his phone.

Asad tried to hide his grin as he asked her to come in and he placed the order and as they waited for the food to come he asked as he watched her look silently into nowhere – all ohk Miss Farooqui?

Zoya broke away from her chain of thought as she answered flashing her smile– yes ofcourse...allah miyaan whts wrong with you Mr.Khan...what would be wrong with me....'

Asad thought there was something amiss but he let it go as he asked – so how have u been Miss Farooqui? Hows work....btw on that note....where do u work exactly?

Zoya tried to come up with something as she answered hoping that he wouldn't see through her lie – oh..Mr.Khan....at a design company...'

Asad smiled – that's great...I just started Khan designs three years back...did Khushi ever mention it to you?

Zoya nodded hesitantly – yes...she did...I know.....and so what work have u come for here..I mean what deal...??'..she asked desparately trying to change the topic...

Asad nodded and just then his phone rang...and so he gestured to Zoya..sitting across that the food was here...and he made his way down to get the delivery.

Asad walked back in a few minutes later...as she helped him open up the boxes and they started to eat as he asked – so what was it that you were asking Miss farooqui?

Zoya smiled at him across as she said – your work...as in why are u here?

Asad – Well...we just backed a new deal here..its a joint venture...for a construction project...a residential project with Hammond residential...it's a big thing..specially we are the first Indian company they have dealed with'

Zoya gulped as she remembered the name..Hammond Residential....she knew her brother had been bidding for this deal too...Asad won means her brother lost...she hadn't had the time to rack on this...and as she fought the emotions stirring within as she said – Congratulations..Mr.Khan....i mean I know you beat your competitors to this...'

Asad smiled – Thanks..Miss farooqui...not many that I defeated that Im happy about...im just happy about defeating one', and right then he heard her whisper as she looked at him staright in the eye – happy about defeating just Arnav Singh Raizada isnt it Mr.Khan?

Asad asked confusedly – how do u know..Miss farooqui...?

Zoya immediately as she covered up – woh actually Mr.Khan...Khushi told me...about...and also its really all over news in India anyway..right...who doesn't know about the rivalry between the Khan's and Raizada's..'

Asad nodded as he asked – so what have you come to study as in at Summer school...at Harvard'

Zoya ate as she answered thanking her stars that he changed the topic and so she said – 'Actually im doing two courses actually- theres one on Cross Border Innovation which is for the first two weeks and then a short one week course on Real Estate Management'

Asad was impressed...he was right about her...she was beauty with brains and he asked inquisitively – But why real estate?I mean I thought you worked for a design company..

Zoya again tried to come up with the right lie...as ofcourse she couldn't tell him the truth that she was doing that course...so that she could help her brother in AR Constructions and so she answered – well you know...just...Real Estate has always fascinated me..'

Asad – 'great...let me know if u need any help with that...and I wish I could get Khushi to get some interest in Real Estate too...so that she could help me out at work at Khan constructions...you know now with the expansion...I could do with her help...but then I don't push her you know....afterall shes so young anyway...so I just let her be..'

Zoya gave him a weak smile as she finished eating and said – you are a good brother...you know ..Khushi adores you...'

Asad smiled – I know..' and just then he saw that she had some stain by the side of her lips...so he gestured her to rub it off...but when she cudnt get it right...he bent forward...and gently rubbed the side of her lips...gently wiping the stain away...and he couldn't help but look into her eyes that had gone wide at his touch.

Zoya felt her heartbeat accelerate at the speed of light...as she felt his thumb rub gently against her lips and she stepped back...a few seconds later as she looked around nervously and asked – so youv unpacked?

Asad smiled – yeah mostly...' and she saw him walk to the sink to keep his dish away..and started to wash it...

Zoya couldn't control herself at the sight so she exclaimed – Allah Miyaan...whats wrong with you Mr.Khan....i didn't know you could'

Asad grinned – know what?that I can do dishes? I have lived away from home too Miss Farooqui...infact...I'd left for London straight away after my Grade 10...with...' and he stopped midsentence and continued after a pause – well lets just say...I know a lot of things...you probably think I don't'

Zoya felt emotion choke her up as she realized what he was about to say...as she recalled that he and her brother Arnav had left for Sevenoaks School in London...together...when they were 16..and best friends....until they came back two years later....and everything changed...but she asked nonetheless – with who?

Asad looked at her briefly as he answered looking straight at her in the eye and answered – with someone who used to be a friend...

Zoya asked carefully – its Arnav Singh Raizada isnt it? Why do u hate him anyway?

Zoya thought she saw him clutch his fist in anger as he turned around and replied to her calmly – Some things are better not discussed Miss Farooqui...so please?

Zoya nodded silently and she didn't like the fact that he had gone all tense so she tried to lighten up the atmosphere as she said – Allah Miyaan...whats wrong with u Mr.Khan...you got all serious...'

And just like she knew...he smiled as he answered –Miss Farooqui...' but she stopped him midsentence..and he looked at her confusedly-

Zoya smiled as she spoke – heres the deal...why don't u call me Zoya...u know that's my name....i mean Miss farooqui is all...weird..i mean..it seems indifferent to me..'

Asad walked upto her and smiled – Fine Zoya...but you gotta quit the Mr.Khan then..'

Zoya smiled – All right...Asad'

Just then her phone buzzed and she checked it to be a whts app from her brother and she hid her phone aside as she said – ohk I gotta go now...ill see u later maybe?

Asad watched her walking out and he called out to her – Let me know if u want to have another take away...or actually go out for dinner somewhere....'

Zoya turned to look at him surprised ..as she heard him answer carelessly but with a smile– just so u know...my sister asked me to watch out for her best friend....and like you said...I guess im a good brother'

And before Zoya could say anything...she heard him say something...that made the smile vanish off her lips – it's a request Zoya...do not mention Arnav Singh Raizada in front of me...ever again..ever?

Zoya answered hazily – yeah...ohk...ill see u later..'

Zoya felt sick in her stomach as she fought the emotions that were stirring up within her....as she replied to her brothers msg that all was well...and that she had settled...and she texted that she would skype with him in a while....she rushed to her room and sat down on the bed..and thought of everything that had been happening ever since she had bumped into Asad Ahemed Khan this morning...she was here...having lunch with the man, almost living right across the man...failing desperately at trying to control the attraction she felt for the man who was bent upon destroying her brother...he hated him so much...that he couldn't even bear to listen his name...and she knew it very well....and she didn't know...why...why despite knowing everything...and knowing the fact that she shudnt be in this place...tha...and she shudnt be spending time with him or infact even be talking to Asad Ahemed Khan...because she was not Zoya Farooqui....and she was glad she got him to agree to not call her that...because she felt so weird...as the Lie stood bluntly everytime he even addressed her....the fact remained that she was Zoya Singh Raizada...and despite knowing everything she did know why couldn't she fight the feelings that were surfacing within for him..And she felt her heart wonder....wonder...that would Asad be talking to her...if he knew who she was...?? No that wouldn't happen ofcourse...that was impossible....it was an impossibility that he even stood in the same room as her knowing who she really was.And she knew that was the right thing here wasn't it? It would be just best to stay away from the enigmatic impossibility Asad Ahemed Khan was...but then why did she feel as if she wouldn't be able to....why did she feel herself somewhere deep down...despite the odds...Wish for the Impossibility..?

...........

As soon shed left...Asad deceided to do some work...but before that he thought of speaking to his Ammi and so he called her –

Dilshaad – Asad how are youuu?have u settled in well?

Asad smiled at his mothers concern – Yes...ammi...im fine...haven't u slept yet?

Dilshaad – I will now...I just spoke to Khushi....and now u called...u know I cannot sleep until iv checked up on the two of you...right? So hows is it there?you will get all busy tomm on?

Asad – Yes Ammi...I will...but its nice here...oh and do u remember Khushi's friend Miss Farooqui? I told u about that I met her the last time I visited Khushi...

He heard his Ammi say – Yes ofcourse...what about her? I do remember u saying tht shes really nice...and a good friend to Khushi..

Asad smiled – So I kind of bumped into her here...as in shes here for Summer School at Harvard...staying right across the hall....infact we just had lunch together...shes a nice girl ammi...

He heard his Ammi laugh as she said – Impossible Asad...this is..coming from you..'

He asked confusedly – what is?

Dilshaad explained – Impossible that my son is talking to me...or rather discussing a girl with me...I thought this day would never come...'

Asad – Ammi...calm down....ohk?dont imagine anything different..khushi asked me to watch out for her...so u know..ill just keep an eye on her..'

Dilshaad smiled as she said – I know..you will'

A few minutes later..after he put down the phone...Asad wondered to himself...if what he said was true...that he would only be watching out for her coz Khushi asked him too...and he knew it wasn't true...because somewhere deep down...hed felt that attraction for her surfacing up again...and he recalled how electrifying the moment was when he had gently touched the side of her lips....she was exquisite...and amazing...and he knew that he was getting drawn to her...and now that she would be living across from him...he just had to wait and see where this went...as he for the first time let his guard off when it came to women....Zoya was different...from the rest he had ever met...and he sighed as he admitted that even he hadn't known that a day would come...that a girl would be preoccupying his thoughts to such an extent that he was already looking forward to spend more time with her....he had marked it as the Impossible in his Life ofcourse....but some how Zoya Farooqui managed to walk into his life...and change it all.

...............

Destiny winked at Fate as she said accusingly – Wicked...wicked you...look at what have u done...'

Fate smiled – well...it worked brilliantly didn't it? Did u see how they remembered me...and personally I love to watch when the sparks fly...you know...its interesting...isnt it? And I haven't been the only one who is upto mischief here...I had no Idea..Love had already laid its seed in the boys...I thought it was just the girls so far'

Love winked naughtily – Don't blame me....alright..i was bored of the Hate..iv watched it for ten years... just thought of changing the scene for a while..'

Destiny frowned – 'Yeah...but u know...iv written it down that way right...hate is important in this story..although I don't understand why..'

SHe saw Hate finally speak up as it answered – well because maybe humans find it Safer to just live with me....than to rather go through the rest of the Drama..Love comes up with at times'- and he shot an accusing look at Love across and said – seriously...I know there is a thin line between you and me...and I am a part of you..I still don't understand how you function at times...'

Love answered calmly – And you probably never will....it just isnt your job too...' which made hate roll his eyes..as he sat behind reluctantly.

Destiny nodded and she smiled – And don't the always say -Everything is fair in Love and War....it really is fair if we work a twisted path...because sometimes things don't work simply...you know...

Love smiled at her friend for siding up with her – Thank you...

Fate joined the two In as he admitted – And I have to agree too..coz I do it myself all the time ....you know twists and turns...somehow I just Enjoy the thrill....'

Love and destiny laughed as they replied to Fate in unision – And don't we all just know that you do...you are the reason they call their Lives the - Rollercoaster anyway..

........................

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

446K 17K 46
What if Arnav never showed up for the second marriage? What if the truth the Raizadas knew was a twisted one to favor the Maliks? What if Arvind Ma...
182K 4.6K 13
Khushi, a small town girl, a broken woman with a broken dream. At the age of thirteen she was forced to put up with her father's dreadful family afte...
12.5K 745 17
Arnav Singh Raizada a rich, shrewd, arrogant and rude businessman of Delhi who thinks all women are gold diggers until one day, he met a bubbly girl...
78.8K 4.6K 28
Arnav Singh Raizada, CEO of AR Fashion house and number one business man in India. A rude, arrogant and Cold hearted person to the world. A great bro...