Taking a Bite Out of the Moons

By txdramalover

Wayo is a simple human boy trapped in a lonely little world, until he makes friends with Ming and Forth, were... More

CH 1: Bullies Suck
CH 2: Making New Friends
CH 3: No. More.
CH 4: The Mausoleum
CH 5: All Alone
CH 6: Sticking Close
CH 7: Visitors
CH 8: We Have an Understanding
CH 9: Coming to Visit
CH 10: Dinner with the Pack
CH 11: Pack House Sleepover
CH 12: A Series of Firsts
The Rules: Taking a Bite Out of the Moons AU
CH 13: Explanations
CH 14: Time to Go Home
CH 15: Birthdays and Mates
CH 16: Going to College
CH 17: Mouthwatering
CH 18: Neighbors
CH 19: Worry, Frustration & Pink Milk
CH 20: My Friends?
CH 21: Breakfast with Wolves
CH 22: Dirty Laundry with Kit
CH 23: Staking His Claim
CH 24: Lunch with Vampires
CH 25: Movie & Dinner with Wolves
CH 26: Here's a Mate, There's a Mate
CH 27: Help Us
CH 28: Fairy Angel Gang
CH 29: A Howl in the Night
CH 30: Tell Me Everything
CH 31: Competition Meeting
CH 32: Jumping to Conclusions
CH 33: Blue/Green Fire
CH 34: Half-Blood
CH 35: Addicted
CH 36: Judgy Much?
CH 37: Picking an Outfit
CH 38: Dates with Vampires (P1 - MingxKit)
CH 38: Dates with Vampires (P3 - PhaxYo)
CH 39: Species Change
CH 39 Ext: Mom's Letter
CH 40: No Escape for You (Part 1)
CH 40: No Escape for You (Part 2)
CH 41: The Competition
CH 42: Good Enough to Eat
CH 43: Deja Vu
CH 44: Actually, You Kissed Me
CH 45: I'm a Yo-Yo
CH 46: Family Visit
CH 47: The Bite
CH 48: Clubs & Drugs
CH 49: Hospital & Meeting His Family
CH 50: What's the Big Deal
CH 51: He Did Not Flirt with Me
CH 52: Dinner with the Fam
CH 53: Claiming My Kitkat (Part 1)
CH 53: Claiming My Kitkat (Part 2)
CH 54: Let's Make a Deal
CH 55: Planning to Tell Them
CH 56: When?!?
CH 57: Heart and Body Will Know (Part 1)
CH 57: Heart and Body Will Know (Part 2)
CH 58: Avoidance
CH 59: Let's Hug it Out
CH 60: Decisions
CH 61: Finding a Clue
CH 62: Who is Park
CH 63: Edge of Disaster
CH 64: The Plan (Part 1)
CH 64: The Plan (Part 2)
CH 65: To the Hospital We Go
CH 66: No Contradictions Allowed
Announcement
CH 67: Soul-Bonding & Park's Life
CH 68: Epilogue: 103 Years Later

CH 38: Dates with Vampires (P2 - ForthxBeam)

6.5K 541 231
By txdramalover

FORTH'S POV

Yo picked out an outfit for my date too and I look pretty good if I say so myself. I hope Beam likes it.

I'm driving over now to meet him at the coffee shop he chose, which luckily isn't far from campus. I'm about 15 minutes early, but when I pull up I see him waiting outside leaning against a small SUV.

I quickly park, climb out of my car, and walk over to him. "Did I get the time wrong?"

"No, you're early. I was just earlier." He smirks at me.

"Ok, so, do you want to go in now?"

"No, not really. I don't like coffee."

"But you picked this place out, right?"

"Yeah, but I had to think fast, and this is what popped into my head. Pha's cutie was pressuring me."

"Who? Yo? Was pressuring you?" I ask unbelievingly, but the picture makes itself clearer as he talks.

"Yeah, he was giving me the pouty lips and sad puppy eyes. I couldn't escape. How have you managed to deal with it these last few years?" He asks exasperated.

"Well, to be honest, I just give in. It's the easiest thing to do. There's no winning against the pout. I've tried. Luckily, he's a good kid, so the things he wants are never too bad." I chuckle.

"If you say so."

"Since you don't like coffee, would you like to go to dinner?" I offer a new idea.

"Neh, I already ate." He shoots my suggestion down and just stands there waiting.

"Alright, how about a movie?"

"What's showing right now?" He asks.

"I'll check." I grab my phone and pull up the app checking nearby theatres. I start listing off the movies.

"Seen it. Sounds boring. Isn't that a RomCom? That's a hard no. I'll pass." I'm getting a little frustrated, as he shoots down every one of the shows.

"Ok, well that's all the movies. Do you have a suggestion?"

"Bar? There's a decent one not far from here. Or a club? Can you dance?"

"For a first date?" Is he joking right now?

"Whoa, wait a minute. Date?" He asks incredulously.

"Isn't that what we're doing? A date? You said you'd give me three months..."

"I said I'd give you three months to convince me not to reject you. I didn't say we'd date during that time."

I don't even know what to say to that. I was looking forward to this moment all day and now... this. Pha told me Beam could be hard to deal with, but I thought he was exaggerating. I really don't have any other choice than to go along with his suggestion for now and see where it leads.

"If you really want to go to a bar or club, we can. Do you want to ride together? We can take my car."

"No, I'll drive my car. You can follow me in yours."

"Ok." I say then turn around and head back to my car. Well this is going just swell. So much for trying to get to know him. What was the point in giving me three months if it's going to be like this. Does he want me to give up on my own, so he doesn't have to reject me? Doesn't he understand that I can't do that, no matter how awful the next three months are?

---------------------

BEAM'S POV

I didn't think he'd make it through that conversation without giving up, but he did. I'm driving to the club now and I can see him following me closely in his car. Well, let's see how he handles the rest of the night.

When we arrive at the club, I bypass the line and head straight to the doors with him trailing behind me. I can already hear the music and we're not even inside yet. The bouncer sees me coming and moves the rope aside to let me and Forth enter. I'm a regular, so all the staff know me.

There's already a crowd tonight and it's still early, but I head straight upstairs to the less congested VIP area and take a seat on one of the lounges. Forth sits opposite me on a chair.

The waitress comes, and we order drinks, or I should say I order a drink and Forth orders a bottle of water. He's just sitting across from me staring, but that's about all he can do. It's not like we can have a conversation in here; the music is way too loud for anything less than screaming at each other.

After about 20 minutes I decide I want to dance. I tell Forth I'm going down to the dance floor and he follows me. I step out onto the floor and quickly lose myself in the crowd. Forth is tall enough that I can see him standing on the edge of the dance floor, but he's not trying to join me. He's just standing there. Watching.

A couple of other regulars are dancing near me and because of the growing crowd, we're soon dancing together. The sexy girl in a low cut mini dress dancing in front of me is a donor and I'd gone home with her last weekend, so when she closes the gap between us and puts her arms around me I don't push her away.

"Beammie, I'm so happy to see you here!" She yells in my ear. "Do you have plans tonight, or do you want to come back to my place with me for a drink?" She tilts her head suggestively and shows off her long neck.

"I already have a partner tonight, but maybe some other time."

"But Beammie, I can guarantee you'll have a better time with me. Let me give you a sample of what's in store for you," she says as she bites her lip till it bleeds then grabs my head and pulls me in for a steamy kiss.

I immediately get lost in the taste of her blood, but I rapidly feel uncomfortable. Like I'm forgetting something. Shit! I am forgetting something. Namely the large wolf standing on the edge of the dance floor.

I break her kiss, pushing her away, and turn around, but don't see Forth. I do a slow circle as I glance around the club and can't spot his tall figure anywhere. I push my way off the dance floor and head back to the VIP area, but he's not there. Surely, he didn't leave?

I make my way to the front doors and step out onto the sidewalk in time to recognize Forth's car pulling out of the parking lot.

--------------------

FORTH'S POV

I couldn't stay after watching him kiss that girl. It felt like something had stabbed me right in the chest. I couldn't breathe. The only sane choice I had was to leave, as fast as possible.

I arrive at the dorm and head straight up to my room. I take a quick shower, and head directly to bed. Now I just pray when I close my eyes, I don't have that kiss scene playing over and over like a nightmare in my head.

---------------------

BEAM'S POV

Turning around and finding Forth gone had been like a punch in the gut, but I know I deserved it.

Just to see how far I could push him, I had been purposely acting like an ass all night. I always feel like I need to push people's boundaries. I don't know why. I just do. I wanted to find his limit and I guess I did, but I didn't want it to happen like that.

I did want to try to get to know him or I wouldn't have agreed to meet him, no matter how hard the cutie begged on his behalf. Yo just gave me an excuse to do something I wanted to do. But now I screwed it up with the way I acted.

Yo told me and Kit which dorm his friends lived in, so I drive over to his place and his car parked in the lot is confirmation I'm at the right place. I park next to it and look up at the building, trying to figure out which room is his.

Ah, that makes it easier! I get lucky when I see Ming standing on his third-floor balcony talking on the phone. Yo had mentioned something about Forth's room being right below his.

---------------------

FORTH'S POV

It seems like sleep is not my friend tonight, but I'm not giving up. I'm determined to lay here until I fall asleep, now if only my body would cooperate.

I hear a noise that sounds like a thump then my balcony door slides open. My body tenses up, but then the smell of my mate overwhelms me as he enters my room, and I relax. "I have a door you know. You could have just knocked." I say sharply as I sit up in bed.

"I wasn't sure you would let me in. Besides, that's not nearly as cool as coming in through a second-floor balcony." He declares as he starts investigating my room.

I'm not sure if I would've let him in either, but I'm not amused by his actions. "Why are you here?"

"That's a good question." I hear him mumble under his breath. Out loud he says, "I wanted to confirm when our next date will be."

Date? Really? Now it's a date? What does this guy really want? He's made it clear it's not me, so why is he here? Is he messing with me because he knows he can? I don't say anything, I just look at him.

He glances at me and takes in my expression, then heaves a sigh. "I didn't kiss her, she kissed me, and I pushed her away, and I looked for you, but you left, and now I'm here." He pauses after his explanation, "That probably doesn't fix it, but I want you to know I didn't want that to happen. I can be an ass sometimes, but I'm not a total dickhead."

I look him over carefully and think about my options. "The Saturday after the competition."

"Saturday? What about it?"

"We'll go to dinner and a movie. I'll pick you up at 6pm." I wonder if he'll agree.

"Fine." He says as he walks towards my bed and takes a seat beside me, with his back against the headboard.

"What are you doing?"

"We didn't get to talk earlier."

"And?"

"Aaanndd, let's talk now."

"But we're in my bed and I'm only wearing boxers."

"Yeah, I know. Great abs by the way."

--------------------

A/N:

Good Morning!

I hope you liked the Chapter, because it was kind of hard for me to write. Took me forever to get it the way I wanted. My Beammie is in his own words, "kind of an ass, but not a total dickhead", so I wanted their date to reflect that and their bumpy start. But I started feeling bad for Forth! Major conundrum!  :-]

Alright! I'll see you tomorrow lovies!

Tomorrow Sneak Peek: Last date chapter - PhaYo 

12.08.2017   8:27 am  US CST

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 352 13
What if sam and kirk got married? Will she ever see mon again? Will she be able to move on and forget everything That happend between her and sam? Wh...
28.4K 2.6K 40
Mew Daniels, 21 years old alpha and founder of Daniels group of industries is successful in everything well except in love-life. He is yet to find hi...
4.8K 122 9
(Sequel To "New In Town") It's been three years since our last encounter with Touka and Y/N. The last time we saw them they were a newly formed coup...
87.9K 1.3K 13
Angel Herrera is a sweet, innocent, naive boy. What happens when his father shows up 12 years later after his grandfather took him into custody to sh...