The Wish (A Gladion x Reader...

By WinterWolf1377

I don't own Pokemon or any of its characters. All of that belongs to Tsunekazu Ishihara and everyone else who... More

Before You Read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Final Chapter
After You Read

Chapter 19

1.3K 27 31
By WinterWolf1377

And we're back! The revealing of secrets and knowledge continues in this chapter.
____________________________________

      She woke up with a start once she realized what she had just done. Making Gladion uncomfortable was the last thing she wanted to do.

        "I am so sorry. I didn't mean to...sorry," (y/n) said as she let Gladion go and moved away from him. He seemed reluctant to let her move but she was probably just seeing things. As if on cue, Xerneas reappeared from where she had been in the forest.

        "I have returned to tell my marvelous story. And let's not forget about Yveltal's insignificant story as well!" Xerneas said.

        "I heard that you ungrateful fool!" Yveltal growled. He seemed to take much offense from the statement.

         "Hey, it was just a joke! Don't get so worked up about it," Xerneas said laughing. The sudden presence of Yveltal startled (y/n). She was now more afraid of him than she had ever been. Now that she knew that the pokémon had been out to get her, she saw him in a different light or rather darkness. Gladion did as well because he shot the pokémon a quick glare before returning his gaze to her.

      His eyes were full of worry. She held out her hand to him which confused him at first until he realized that they would need to hold hands so he could hear Xerneas' words. Without protest, Gladion took hold of her hand.

      "Alrighty! This is how our little story began. Arceus made Mew. Mew's genetics were used by Arceus to make all other pokémon and the three beings of emotion, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf, were created to show the world how to harbor emotions and stuff."

      "I of course was created as the life pokémon and Yveltal the death pokémon. We were meant to be a source of balance and we are two of seven immortal pokémon if you aren't included in the seven. You aren't immortal yet, although you used to be, and you will continue to age as long as you keep your power sealed."

      "Me and Yveltal actually get along quite well despite what many actually think but we also fight. A lot. This is because people and pokémon are constantly living and dying every day. When we fight, we are usually deciding whether someone in a very serious situation lives or dies. If I win, the person or pokémon lives but if Yveltal wins, the person or pokémon dies."

      "Even when we aren't fighting, someone is faced with a life of death situation and we don't always determine whether they live. Most people and pokémon have control over their own destinies. However, we only interfere when the situation far exceeds destiny. Did you understand all of that, you look a bit confused."

      (Y/n) was by no means confused although a look of confusion was surely plastered all over her face. She understood every word Xerneas said.

         She just thought it was stupid that a fight over even the pettiest of topics between the two pokémon could determine whether someone in a serious situation lived or died. Xerneas resumed her rant.

      "Now, more about yourself. As you may recall, you contain one-fifth of power from each mythical and legendary. If you were to break your seal and awaken your power, you would be able to use all of the power of the dream realm. Here's where your limitations come in."

      "You can use the abilities of legendary pokémon only once, but you can use the abilities of mythical pokémon as many times as you please. That should be enough about yourself for now. Arceus will explain the rest to you when the time comes. You can summon me to the dream realm any time you wish if you ever need any help. I don't think you should stay here for much longer so I will let Yveltal take you both back."

       That was when (y/n) remembered the whole reason she needed to find Xerneas in the first place.

         "Xerneas wait! I really need to ask you something!" (y/n) suddenly blurted out. Xerneas turned her head towards the girl and nodded signifying that she could continue.

      "Please...can you please save him. Gladion, he...Necrozma is there and he'll kill him if you don't do anything about it." (y/n) had began to tear up and tears started to fall.

         "You're the pokemon of life, right? So there must be something you can do to save him. He's my best friend...please. I...I don't know what else to do."

      As much as (y/n) hated to beg for anything, she knew that Xerneas didn't just give life away. Xerneas studied her for a moment, then turned to study Gladion as well. He didn't take his guilt filled eyes off of (y/n) even with the powerful pokemon eyeing him.

      "I am sorry, (y/n). There is nothing I can do for him. His destiny has been decided already, he will eventually die. Necrozma is quite a formidable foe. Once he has possessed someone, not even Arceus can separate the two. I'm sorry, Hoshiko..." but Xerneas was cut off.

          "Don't call me that! I'm not Hoshiko. Hoshiko would have been able to save Gladion!" (y/n) shouted at Xerneas.

      She knew that she was only giving in to anger, but she didn't care anymore. She was running out of options and Gladion was running out of time.

      "(Y/n). You may not want to hear from me right now, but there are two possible ways that you can save your friend. You are guaranteed not to like the first option but Xerneas is guaranteed to refuse the second option. I was ordered by Arceus to help you so that is what I'm doing," Yveltal said. (Y/n) looked at him as she tried her best to dry her still falling tears.

        "Yveltal!" Xerneas said warningly, but the pokémon of death continued not caring about Xerneas' warning.

        "Your first option is that I take his life but Xerneas returns it. It will force Necrozma out and you'll still get your friend back," Yveltal told her. He had been right about her hating the first option.

      "Yveltal, I am warning you to leave this situation like it is," Xerneas had been saying while Yveltal told her option one. Before he could say anything more, Xerneas used Night Slash on him.

        "That was a warning shot. Now, that is your last warning," she said. Yveltal glared at Xerneas. He raised his large wings and took off. They'd thought that he was gone for good and Xerneas was even about to speak, but to all of their suprise, Yveltal returned and took both (y/n) and Gladion just as he had before.

         This time, he was a little gentler when handling them, and he almost completely landed before dropping them to the ground this time.

      They were still in the forest but they were now in a clearing near a ledge. At the bottom of the ledge was a lake and at the other side of that lake, (y/n) could see Xerneas running to the edge of it. Xerneas gave an outcry and so did Yveltal.

      "Oh, no. They're about to fight. Someone's about to live or die," Gladion said. (Y/n) barely heard him. She was too focused on trying to stop the fight. She ran to the ledge and got in front of Yveltal.

       "Sorry about this Gladion," she said. Then she jumped. She was sure the water would hurt her since it was at least a 21 feet fall, but instead of hitting water, she felt arms wrap around her and she suddenly stopped falling. Gladion had jumped after her and Yveltal had swooped down to catch them both.

          "Why did you do that, (y/n)? You could have hurt yourself or...even worse. Don't ever do that again," Gladion said to (y/n) as he hugged her closer to him.

      "I couldn't let someone die because of me. I caused that fight by asking a question so if someone died...since Xerneas got the first and last hit that means that nobody died right?" (y/n) reasoned.

        "You are a nuisance. I will tell you your second option on your way back. I don't need Arceus killing me because his star pawn took a dive because I decided to fight Xerneas." Yveltal said.

      He used the word pawn and it made (y/n) wonder if Arceus really thought of her as a pawn. Yveltal let them ride on his back this time rather than carrying them in his claws the entire time. After a good bit of silence ensued, Yveltal finally spoke.

      "Your second option was immortality. By combining our powers of life and death, Xerneas and I can grant someone immortality. Xerneas doesn't believe in granting immortality to humans or pokémon. She thinks that it will make her disappear." (Y/n) was suprised to hear that the pokémon of life was a little selfish. She was also suprised because Yveltal was starting to warm up to them.

        "Yveltal, thank you for at least telling me. Oh, and thanks for saving me and Gladion," she said. The response she got put her suspicion to rest.

        "Thank me one more time and I swear to Arceus I'll drop you both right now," Yveltal muttered.

     (Y/n) just laughed but Gladion didn't find this funny. Yveltal landed outside one of the open gates to Luminose City and droped them off. He gave a terrifying shrill cry before flying off into the distance. Just when (y/n) didn't think things could get any worse, Gladion fell to the ground unconscious. His eyes were once more a dull gray and his skin paled again.
____________________________________

    Wow, that was strange. I hope you all liked this chapter. If you have any questions or concerns, just leave me a comment and I will respond ASAP. Until next time my wonderful readers!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 473 101
this is the aftermath of pokemon ultra sun and moon. there's going to be all that goes on in this. the reason I'm doing this is because I see a lot o...
687 8 12
1. Why not? I rewrote this for fun. 2. I want to see how much I have improved. I reread my first book and I'm cringing at my younger 11-year-old self...
10.6K 230 29
When bad things happen, it is not entirely uncommon to lie. People do it as a means of protection but what happens when telling the truth could have...
48.3K 865 34
Basically, a typical betrayal story...without a betrayal, so to speak. Basically, Ash's pals think it is time to try something new. His Kalos league...