Falling For Him Anyway

By Leah10103

Gwendolyn was different. There was no doubt about it. She was told constantly by her friends that she had a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Bonus Chapter- Revelation
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Previews for my next books!
Chapter 77
Chapter 78-Epilouge
Announcement

Chapter 14

53K 1.5K 201
By Leah10103

(A/N) I'm so stuffed right now. Its like I'm hungry but not hungry. So it balances out so...

*****

Gwendolyn

Let's get something straight. He kissed me first.

It just happened.

He zoned out for a while so I checked on him. He grabbed me and wouldn't let go. Then he was kissing me.

I had been worrying if a lunch date was too soon. But this. This was spontaneous. The heat of the moment.

I hadn't even noticed that his tounge had started to explore every crevice of my mouth.

His hand caressed my cheek slowly and my hands tangled themselves in his hair.

"Gwendol-" The door flew open and Evelyn stood in the doorway.

We froze and I pulled away from Mr- Xavier. He glared at Evelyn.

She backed away slowly. "All of the representatives are here already."

She walked away letting the door close on its own.

I looked at Xavier. He looked at me.

I untangled myself from him and straightened my skirt. "Umm."

"Your lips are heavenly." Was the first thing he said. He ran his hands through his hair, pushing the curls back into place.

I leaned against my desk. "So."

He got up and fixed his jacket. "As much as I'd like to have another taste, we have a meeting to attend."

He walked out of the office. I stood dazed for a moment, but grabbed my clipboard and ran after him.

He was waiting outside the office and walked me to the meeting, like usual, as if nothing had happened.

In the elevator he asked me questions. "What type of life do you imagine for yourself in the future?"

"My house, Chase, I might get married and have some kids if I ever find somebody loyal and if I ever find the time. If I don't imma be a dog lady forever." I said mapping out my future.

He nodded and we exited the elevator.

When we got to the conference representatives were complaining that they had other meetings and checking their watches.

The quieted as Mr.Wells and I took our seats.

Most of the time, just like every other meeting, I had nothing to do. So I stared at Mr.Wells.

I know it sounds weird but now my curiosity had increased tenfold. How had his eyes killed his mother?

Why was he insecure?

His leg brushed against mine and I was pulled out of my thoughts.

Many curious eyes were watching me, waiting.

"Can you repeat the question?" I looked down at the table as I said this, giving them the impression that I had been listening.

Mr.Wells leaned towards me and whispered in my ear. "Your blouse."

I looked down at myself and discovered two buttons had been left undone, exposing a lot of cleavage. I hurridley fixed and one of the older representatives shook his head.

"This is why male assistants are better." He said. "They never try too hard and they're never desperate for attention."

This really offended me. This old bastard was implying something.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked him.

"Figure it out, or maybe I should spell it out, I doubt your brain is as big as you think it is." He responded.

Mr.Wells placed a hand on my thigh and gave me a serious look, then he turned to the old guy. "We'll no longer be doing any trade business with you and/or your company. You are dismissed."

"Look what whores like you do to even one of the most feared men." He shook his head and started to pack up his briefcase.

I got up and walked around the table slowly and grabbed a water jug off of a side table.

"More water, sir." I asked and poured the entire over his head and into his briefcase.

He jumped out of his seat, shaking from anger and the cold water.

"It is very rude to call someone out of their name." I said and sat the pitcher on the table.

I turned away from him prepared to march from the room when rough hands grabbed my shoulders. "A measly assistant has no right to speak to such an important man that way."

I looked behind me at a guy who was most definetley younger thab the guy I had just doused with water but they looked similar.

Like father like son.

I heard Mr.Wells voice coming towards me. "There is no reason for you to have your hands on her."

"So you little shit I've got a question for you." I said. "How's your back?"

"What?" He barely had time to process the thought before I had shifted my weight and body slammed him against the floor.

"Keep your hands to yourself." I brushed off my shoulders and stepped over him, leaving the room.

I stormed back to my office and slammed the door behind me. Well I meant too.

But unfortunately it never touched the frame because Mr.Wells caught it and closed it quietly.

"Mr.Wells, your associates are assholes." I said flopping down on the couch.

"Xavier." He corrected. "And I'll have to ask you to refrain from using such language Gwendolyn. It's not lady like."

"I don't give three fucks and a damn. That guy, whatever he does for this company, can go blow himself. His son too." I said.

He laughed and sat next to me. "Even I can't hide the fact that they are assholes. Emmett Harvey and his sons have always thought they were the best."

We sat in silence for moments afterward, during which I calmed down just a little. "Make me feel better."

"I could kiss you again." He suggested and moved slightly closer to me.

He pulled me to his side and kissed my forehead.

"I have a question." I said. "What are we?"

He froze and looked at me.

"I know that, at work, we're assistant and CEO but what about every other time. Like now." I explained.

He thought for a second and said. "I don't know."

*****

Wazzup
I'd just like to say that this is the face Gwendolyn made when Emmett Harvey called her a whore

We've got to do better in the world today.
That's it.
I'm out
Leah💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194 19 4
On a hunt for a job, Gwendolyn Carter unexpectedly finds herself in the clutches of Pharrell Alexandros, the most vicious billionaire in the country...
2.3M 83.2K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
132 29 18
"I hope you don't mind if I ask mrs Lorenzo, but....how did a nice girl like you, get in that kind of situation?" She sighs, shaking her head. "It's...