High School is a Game (Hunger...

By JustKeepSwimming4712

What would our favorite hunger games characters be like in high school? Who would get along with who? Who wou... More

High School is a Game (Hunger Games High)
Chapter 1 First Day
Chapter 2 Girls Night
Chapter 3 Guys Night/Movie Night
Chapter 4 What?!
Chapter 5 That's What She Said
Chapter 6 Jealousy
Chapter 7 Guilty Reunion
Chapter 9 The Party
Chapter 10 The Fight
Chapter 11 Finally
Chapter 12 Couples Costumes
Chapter 13 Boring... Exciting!
Chapter 14 Mondays
Chapter 15 The moment you've been waiting for...
Chapter 16 Johanna's Birthday Part 1
Chapter 17 Johanna's Birthday Part 2
Chapter 18❕❔
Chapter 19 Breakup ;(
Chapter 20 Awkward...
Chapter 21 The Plan
Chapter 22 What?
Chapter 23 Lunch
Chapter 24 ‼️‼️‼️‼️
Chapter 25 The Plan Part 2
Chapter 26 Liar Liar, Girl on Fire
Chapter 27 Jealousy Part 2
Chapter 28 Mistakes
Chaptet 29 All better!
Chapter 30 Texting
Chapter 31 Because I'm Happy!
Chapter 32 Halloween
Chapter 33 Winter Vacation!
Chapter 34 What Happened?
Chapter 35 The Test
Chapter 36 Well Played Mellark
Chapter 37 It's Butt Kickin Time
Chapter 38 The Plan Part 3
Chapter 39 Tough Position
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 Home Early
Chapter 42 Johanna Gets Mad :P
Chapter 43 The Girl That Never Cries
Chapter 44 That Didn't Go As Expected
Chapter 45 Peeta's Christmas Disaster
Chapter 46 Forever and Always
Chapter 47 Finnick and Annie's Christmas
Chapter 48 Johanna and Gale's Christmas
Chapter 49 Thresh's Christmas
Chapter 50 I knew it!
Chapter 51 Two Jobs
Chapter 52 Spy :)
Chapter 53 Wild Goose Chase :p
Chapter 54 Awww!
Chapter 55 That spells PROM
Chapter 56 Yes, or No?
Chapter 57 Prom?
Chapter 58 The Prom Date Deal
Chapter 59 He still hasn't learned his lesson
Chapter 60 Cheater!
Chapter 61 Two Breakups
Chapter 62 Prom
Chapter 64 Everyone else's Prom
Chapter 65 You won't keep me from him
Chapter 66 Romeo and Juliet
Chapter 68 Surf Surf, Surf Surf Crazy!!
Chapter 69 It's Not Love
Chapter 70 A Different Person
Chapter 71 A Boring, Normal, Date
Chapter 72 Breakups and Makeups
Chapter 73 Again?!
Chapter 74 The End...?
Authors Note
Guess What!!
Love and Loyalty
Authors Note

Chapter 67 Sneaking Out

3.9K 162 38
By JustKeepSwimming4712

Chapter 67

Katniss Pov.

I come home. Mom tries to say hi to me and I don't answer. I won't answer until she moves on and starts to be happy for me. I change into a different outfit since it's getting cold. I put on skinny jeans and a clean top. I also grab my favorite brown leather jacket. I turn on my radio, to make it seem like I'm still home, listening to music. Then I climb out my window, it's easy to slip out of. I run to the mall, knowing if I take the car I'll be caught. I don't care if I'm caught, but if I took the car it would be obvious. Good thing the mall is only two miles away. I get there in less than fifteen minutes with all my tricky short cuts. I see him at the coffee shop. I walk over to him and sit with him.

"That was fast for sneaking out and coming on foot." he says.

"Well, I guess I was in a rush to see you." He smiles.

I get a call from my mom. I don't answer. We talk for about twenty minutes before my mom shows up at the coffee shop.

"Katniss Everdeen! What are you doing here?!" she yells at me.

"I told you that I wouldn't let you keep us apart!" I yell back.

"We're going home." She tells me. I whisper to Cato to run with me.

He grabs my hand and we run through the mall laughing. We go in the elevator. She's about twenty feet away, she's not a fast runner. We click door close and we start moving upstairs. We get to the top and hide in Macy's. We go where my mom would never look, the makeup floor. We go where the bathrooms are. She doesn't show up for thirty minutes.

"I think she finally gave up." Cato tells me.

"Me too." I agree. Then I see a security guard coming our way.

"Excuse me, a woman gave me your photos, I'm afraid I need to take you to your mom, Ms. Everdeen." He tells me.

"Please don't take her, her mom is crazy." Cato tells him.

"I'm sorry but she's waiting at the lost child part of the mall right now. I have to bring you to her Ms. Everdeen."

The rush I've felt today is too awesome to just stop now. I kinda like the feeling of taking risks. I didn't feel brave enough to take risks until I was with Cato.

"Okay," I say. "Cato, the alarm." I whisper.

He pulls the alarm conveniently right next to him. The security guard runs to look for the emergency. I grab his hand and we run.

"I never thought I'd be running with you from your mom and security guards." he tells me.

"Get used to it, I have a feeling it's going to happen a lot." we both have fun as the guards chase us all over the mall.

They finally catch me, I put up a fight and try to make more last minute escape plans. But it doesn't work. I get home and I'm grounded for the rest of the month.

I hear someone throwing rocks at my window with a small radio at his feet. I open the window and he stops throwing rocks. He plays the song 'Love Story' by Taylor Swift and I just laugh.

"Cute." I tell him.

My mom comes through the door. I push his head down.

"Trying to escape again?" she asks.

"No," I tell her. "Just looking out my window, waiting to leave this place."

She walks out of my room and Cato pops back up.

"Sorry, I didn't want her to make you leave."

"I know."

He gives me a quick kiss. "See you tomorrow Juliet."

"See you tomorrow, Romeo."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 770 35
Two years ago when Monel left for the future after confessing his feelings for Kara. Kara was devastated and it was difficult for her to easily move...
4K 94 10
After Lord Voldemort was defeated and problems were solved, Luna and Neville fall in love with each other and live out their lives. WARNING: spoiler...
1.2M 52.3K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
897K 55K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...