Chapter 50 I knew it!

Chapter 50

Katniss Pov.

(Back to school)

Peeta and I haven't told the others we're back together. This might sound cruel, but we're going to make them think we completely hate each other until we are ready to tell them. It's like a game, I want to see how they are going to react.

I get to school and Cato walks over to me.

"Hey Kat, so I don't know if this is to soon, but would you want to go out sometime?" he asks.

"Sorry, Cato. I haven't exactly moved on yet."

"No problem, when you're ready, just let me know." he tells me.

I walk to English and Finnick and Thresh are being all awkward. I'm trying not to laugh at their comments.

"Guys, come on. Don't be so mad at each other."

"Just move on and get back together."

It's funny because they're so desperate for us to get back together. When English is over Peeta walks me to my next class that I don't have with him. He gives me a hug and I see Finnick around the corner.

"I knew it!" he exclaims proudly as he slaps Peeta's back. "You can't go a week without being together."

We laugh, "We were trying to keep it a secret, like a prank."

"I guess the prank is over now." Peeta says.

"I'm glad you guys made up. I knew you would." Finnick tells us.

When our other friends find out they react the same. It's funny how much happier every one is when the two of us are together. Like the world is in perfect balance.