Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Cato Pov.

I feel guilty for doing this, tricking her. But she won't know, she'll be happy with me. Red head video taped the whole thing. The next step is to show it to Peeta.

-------------------------------------

Peeta Pov.

I hear a knock on the door so I open it, and Fox is the one standing there.

"What do you want?" I ask, "And why are you here?"

"I'll answer that in a second, let me just show you this first." she tells me.

"Make it fast." I tell her.

She shows me a video, Katniss and Cato from today about ten minutes ago.

"What kind of sick joke is this?!" I ask in a raised tone of voice.

"It's not a joke, I wasn't lying the first time. Just look out your window, Katniss and Cato are going to come walking out of the woods." she tells me and leaves.

I look out my window and she's right, they come walking out of the woods. I run down there.

"Fox showed me a video Katniss." I tell her.

"Of what?" she asks.

"You and him talking in the woods." I tell her.

"Peeta, I'm really sorry-"

I shake my head, "let me make the decision easier for you. I'm breaking up with you Katniss."

"Peeta, please don't I'm-" she starts.

I cut her off, "when two people like each other, they shouldn't have to decide between that person and someone else, they should know their answer. So I don't want a stupid love triangle. Goodbye Katniss." I walk away, with my face in my hands as the tears pour out of my eyes.