Chapter 36 Well Played Mellark

Chapter 36

Peeta Pov.

I walk through the hall happily.

"I know that look," Finnick says when he sees me. "What are you so happy about?"

"I have the best girlfriend ever, that's what." I brag.

"Nope. I definitely got you beat." he argues playfully.

"Would your girlfriend tell you if a guy kissed her? Or would she keep it secret?" I ask.

"Whoa! Who kissed Katniss?" he asks.

"Cato dur! Who else?" I tell him.

"Yea, I should've known. I think Annie would tell me." he says.

"I don't know, a lot of girls don't." I say.

"Well, considering Gloss asked her out and she told me I think I can trust her." he says.

"What? Gloss asked her out?" I ask.

"Yup. That's why I'm going to his room to beat him up." he says, making one hand into a fist and punching his other hand that is open.

"Finnick, maybe you should calm down." I suggest.

"Nah, Annie thinks my jealousy is cute." he grins.

"Will she think you're cute when you have Gloss's blood all over your hands?" I ask.

"I don't know." he rolls his eyes.

"Don't do it." I tell him.

"So you're telling me you don't want to beat Cato right now?" he asks.

"I do, but I'm not going to. Katniss thinks I'm more mature." I tell him.

"Pft. Or weak." he jokes.

"Um, if I'm weak, how come I'm quarter back and you're not?" I ask sarcastically.

He grins, "Well played Mellark. Well played." he walks to Gloss's room. This is not going to be good.