Chapter 7 Guilty Reunion

Chapter 7

Katniss Pov.

It's time for lunch and Cato is standing outside of my classroom door.

"Hey gorgeous." he smiles.

"Hey." I say.

We walk over to the cafeteria and he buys me lunch. Cato is unbelievably rich. His family owns a very successful construction company. I walk with him and sit with his friends, Marvel, Glimmer, Clove, Gloss, and Cashmere. Gloss and Cashmere are seniors and they are brother and sister. They hang out together all the time.

"Hey guys." I say.

"Hey Kat, welcome back." Clove says.

"Thanks, I'm sorry I kinda lost touch with you guys. I missed hanging out with you." I tell them honestly.

"We missed you too, but you're back now." Gloss says.

I'm surprised that they still like me. The one I'm worried about is Cashmere. We were like best friends, her and I. I was in first and she was in second grade. I always hung out with her and she felt betrayed when I started hanging out with T, Peeta, and Jojo. Our group got bigger in middle school, that's when Fox, and Gale joined the group. Then Finn and Ann joined. I want to tell her sorry for hurting her feelings and that I didn't mean to, but it feels long over due.

"Hey Cash?" I say.

"Yea?" she asks in a quiet voice.

"I'm sorry, I've felt guilty, you've always been like an older sister to me." I apologize. "I hope you can forgive me and we can start over."

"Of course I forgive you, I missed you Kat." she says and she hugs me.

They all lift their cartons of apple and orange juice. "To Kat!" Cato says and they all repeat it. It feels good to reunite with my old friends, but I feel guilty because I feel like I'm hurting my new ones.