Chapter 22 What?

Chapter 22

Peeta Pov.

I wake up and drive to school, Finnick said he couldn't pick me up today for some reason. I get to school and see Katniss. I walk up to her.

"Hey-" I start and she slaps me. "What was that for?"

"Text dumping me! That's what it was for, remember I told you that I didn't want to talk to you ever again? Stay away from me!" she walks away.

"Katniss! Wait! I don't understand!" I yell and she ignores me. "What happened?" I ask Finnick and the others standing next to him.

"Well, she showed us the texts. You dumped her." Gale tells me.

"I wouldn't ever dump her! Where are these messages?" I ask, I'm furious and very upset right now.

"See for yourself, she forwarded them to us last night." Annie shows me.

The messages say that I dumped her for someone else.

"I didn't send those!" I yell.

"Do you think it was someone else?" Finnick asks.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"What if someone sent her those messages, and pretended to be you, but it wasn't really you." he explains.

"There would only be one way to find out, Jojo do you think she'd let you borrow her phone?" I ask.

"Yea, I could." she says. "For what?"

"You use your phone, look at my number, show her that the number that sent those messages weren't from my phone." I tell her.

She nods her head, "I will, but she's my best friend Peeta, and if you're lying, well, I will have to give you a slap across the face too."

"Trust me, it's not me that sent her those messages." I tell her.