Chapter 14 Mondays

Chapter 14

Peeta Pov.

I was surprised that Annie told me that Finnick told her that he loved her. I don't know if he meant it, Finnick is always saying things he doesn't mean. But at the same time, he's like Annie for so long. I honestly don't know which it is. I'm sure she'll be upset if he didn't mean it though. I drop Katniss off at her house and go home. Monday is tomorrow bleh. I take a shower, put on my pajamas, and go to bed.

------------------------------

I drive to school. I pick up Katniss, Gale, Johanna, and Annie. Finnick doesn't offer to drive anyone. T probably picked up Fox and Finnick drove alone. I go to English and I remember that I'm working on the assignment with Finnick, I might be able to get him to spill the beans. Mr. Abernathy tells us to work on the project and we sit at a table with T and Katniss.

"Finnick why didn't you come to the beach yesterday?" I ask.

"I... When I called Annie I told her that I loved her. I just..." He stutters.

I cut him off, "did you mean it?"

"Of course I meant it! It's Annie!" he blurts.

"Awwww." Katniss says.

"I've loved her for years I just, didn't want to tell her yet." he tells us.

"You better tell her that you meant it, otherwise she's going to think that you didn't mean it. Then she might be mad." T advices him.

"Your probably right, should I take her to dinner tonight or something?" Finnick asks us.

Katniss nods her head.

We get out of class. When it's time for lunch, we all sit down together.

"Hi Finn." Annie says quietly.

"Hi Ann." he says with a small smile.

"Can we talk after school?" she asks him.

"I was going to ask, if you wanted to go to dinner." he tells her.

"Sure. Outback okay?" she asks.

"Perfect." he agrees. "Five o'clock?"

"Oh that's late." she says and we laugh.

"Well it is a school night." Johanna chimes in sarcastically.

We laugh more. I drive everyone home after school and go to bed, I hate Mondays.