Chapter 46 Forever and Always

Chapter 46

Katniss Pov.

Christmas

"Katniss! I can't believe you got him!" Prim exclaims as she takes the ugly orange cat out of the present box and holds him in her arms happily.

"You like him?" I ask.

"He's perfect."

"What are you going to call him?" I ask.

"Buttercup." she responds quickly. "I've been thinking of names for awhile. If I got an orange cat I was going to name it Buttercup."

"Cool. I'm glad you like him."

I get a text from Peeta. "All I want for Christmas is you."

'Don't text anything back, make him feel bad for what he did to you.' I tell myself, even though that's probably the sweetest text ever.

Prim plays with her cat and we all sit around our tree. After awhile I hear someone throwing snowballs at my window. I look out there to see Peeta, with a small radio hooked up to his iPod.

"I don't want a lot for Christmas, there is just one thing I need, I don't care about the presents, underneath the Christmas tree, I just want you for my own, more than you could ever know, make my wish come true, baby all I want for Christmas, is you."

I cover my mouth with my hands. This guy is relentless.

"Where is that music coming from?" My Mom asks, making her way to the window. She looks outside and sees Peeta. "Maybe you should just give him another chance."

"Mom, I just I'm not ready to take him back, not this soon."

"Honey, it's Christmas. At least go talk to him." She guilt trips me.

"Ugh fine." I walk outside. I trip on something under the snow, I fall into his arms on accident. He hugs me but I don't hug back.

"Katniss, please forgive me." he begs.

"Peeta, I'm not ready to take you back." I tell him.

"Please, it's Christmas I'd give up any present I got today for you." he tells me.

"I don't know...." I think.

"I got you something," he pulls a box out of his pocket and hands it to me.
It's a gold necklace in the shape of a heart, it says 'forever and always'. I try to fight the tears that slowly roll down my face. "I will always love you, forever and always."

I hug him back now, "You're so lucky it's Christmas."

"So are we back together?" he asks.

"Yea, I think we can try one more time." I tell him.

"I won't mess up again." he says.

"You better not." he laughs a little. "Merry Christmas Peeta."

"Merry Christmas Katniss."