Chapter 10 The Fight

Chapter 10

Fox Pov.

I drive to the party with Ann and Jojo. We get there and T and Peeta are already there with Finn. We help him set up a couple more snacks and we turn on the music. Kitty, Cato, and his friends get to the party. This should be interesting, our groups haven't gotten along since Katniss left them.

"Hey guys!" Kitty says, she's never this happy.

"Hey." We say.

"So we don't want the fighting or anything lets just all have fun together." Cato says.

"Ok." everyone agrees.

Things go great for the first ten minutes, Peeta walks over to Cato, no one knows what he says but Cato pushes him. Peeta throws a punch and Cato ducks. He punches him in the face. Gale walks through the doors.

"Hi gu-" he stops.

"Guys stop!" Katniss yells.

Cato stops but Peeta throws another punch, Cato goes in for the attack. He kicks his side and Peeta falls to the ground.

"Peeta?" Katniss asks.

Cato raises his fist to punch him again and Katniss lays in front of him.

"Stop it Cato!" she says quietly but sternly.

"Gale, T, Finn, can you help him? I need to go have a talk with Cato." Katniss asks.

Gale, T, and Finn lift him on the couch and Ann and I get the first aid kit.

--------

Katniss Pov.

I walk with Cato into the other room.

"Cato, I thought that you wouldn't hurt someone like that. I like you but you... You're a lot more violent than I thought." I whisper.

"Kat please," he starts and I cut him off.

"Cato, you were my first crush, you'll always be special to me. But I think we should take a break. Maybe we can try it again some other time." I suggest.

"I understand I'm sorry Kat." He apologizes and kisses my cheek.

He walks out of the room and him and his friends leave. I try to figure out why I dumped him, he hurt Peeta. My friend, my best friend, my crush?