Find You There (Fanfic Versio...

By DarkPurple22

"When you let me go," I trail on, "did it hurt?" He smiles genuinely, "It did. It was the most painful thing... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Author's ?
Fun Fact Time

Sixty-One

520 31 12
By DarkPurple22

Cassie and I catch up for a few moments, asking this and that and why I've swung by. I've already told her that I want to give Warren the gifts I was never able to give him but she said Warren is with Rich but they'll be around soon so I should just stick around for the moment.

She interviewed Collin too. Collin isn't the most polite, I'll give you that but at the very least, he knows how to compose himself in a situation.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Cassie asks, partly smiling.

Collin and I look at each other. He simply smirks and turns away. While I answer, "No. He just happened to be with me when I decided," I lie.

"Again, I'm sorry," she says and I accept it. It's no big deal anyways. But then, she says, "No, I'm sorry. We all are."

"For what?" I raise an eyebrow.

"What happened."

I slightly groan but I make sure it doesn't come off as offensive. "With Harry and I?"

I can see from the corner of my eye, Collin is smirking far too mischievously, it's getting on my nerves. Still, I try to concentrate to what I want to say.

"It's uh -- okay now, I guess," I continue.

"Are you okay with Harry's current. . . life?" Cassie asks and knowing her, she's always curious rather than nosy.

"I guess? I don't really hear from him that much," I answer and it's a lie. Complete lie.

Cassie nods. "Good. It's nice to know things had been fine with you. At least. . ."

My eyebrows meet at her tone during the last part. It seemed unfinished, it seemed like she was about to say something that worried her so much.

"At least. . .?"

She simply smiles at me and then turns to Collin. "How did you two meet?"

"At the library," he answers. "I'll spare the details, it gets a little embarrassing."

I laugh a little at that. And then I decide to change the subject because it's getting kind of awkward. "Anyways, when is Warren coming home? I have this uh -- I have to go somewhere."

Collin is really trying to annoy me as right then, his eyebrows meet and he pouts as though to say he doesn't know what I'm talking about.

I partly roll my eyes.

Cassie smiles, "Anytime soon, I hope you're not in a total hurry."

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, making me wince a little as I know who it is. I thought I turned it off.

"Not really but the place just --" I fake an innocent smile with my eyes narrowing a bit. "Memories," I continue in a whisper.

"Oh, of course. It's just -- it's just," she sighs, "Come here." She opened her arms to me.

I don't really want to, yet her tone alone, changed my mind. Cassie hugged me tightly, it's different from when we were at the door. This one, it isn't just a welcome, it's saying a lot of things.

She only let go moments later when her door opened up and a kid's excited yell. When she does, she wipes her cheeks and tells me she'll just be gone for a second and we should just wait.

So we did.

When I get to Collin, I am very glad that he isn't too nosy to watch everything I do. In fact, when I get back to him, he's looking outside the window.

"Hey," I greet quietly as I stand beside him. He looks up a bit as he is seated.

"Did that Harry know about your eidetic memory?" He asks.

I nod.

He snickers, and then starts laughing later on.

My eyebrows meet, "What's so funny?"

"Because he's an idiot," he answers and then stops, looking at me with a stern gaze. "Anyone who breaks your heart on purpose is an admitted moron because you'll remember it forever. . . asshole."

I smile a little, "Careful with your words. This used to be his house."

"Used to be."

Cassie comes around with Warren and Richard.

"Taylor!" Warren yelled, exhilarated and then hugs me. . . My legs, rather.

"Hey, Warren," I greet then look at his parents. "Richard."

"Taylor," he addresses back with a smile.

After a while, Cassie leaves me alone with Warren where I was able to give him my presents and he couldn't be happier with it.

Without even opening, he just yells out, "Cars!!!" Screaming and lifting his arms up.

"Huh, runs in the family," Collin remarks and I glare at him. "Sorry, I just don't like kids that much."

I laugh a bit. "Same here."

My phone vibrates again and I know it's not that important so I gave it to Collin. I don't really want to be disturbed because I know I won't show up in a very long time.

"Answer it," I say.

"This could be Harry?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"Do I look like I care?" I ask him back and he laughs.

"Yeah, okay." He slides his finger across my screen and then walks out.

That's when I keep my focus on Warren, smiling as he excitedly unwraps the presents.

"Cars!" He yells again. "Thanks!"

I nod along. I ask him how he's been and he would answer very briefly as he's be so busy.

"Cool cars! Thanks, Taylor."

As usual, I'd just smile.

Then he looks at Collin who is a couple of yards away, talking to the phone. "Where's uncle Harry?" Warren asks, curious green eyes gazing at me innocently.

"I don't know," I answer him. "With Samara, I think?"

Warren scratches his head, blond curls and all.  "Grown-ups are weird."

"Why?" I ask him curiously.

"They cry a lot like babies," he says with a light laugh, making me do the same.

"You're still a baby, War," I tell him.

He shakes his head, "I'm a big boy now. Uncle Harry is going to teach me how to drive. He gave me a car, want to see?" He offers.

I know the car was just a toy but I decline, "Hmm, maybe next time?"

"Okay. Will you come back for my birthday?" He asks.

I know I won't come. "I'll see what I can do."

Collin grabs my arm after with a worried look. I ask him what's going on and then he says, "I don't mean to alarm you but he's kind of heard you two."

"What?" I ask, unable to comprehend what he's saying.

"I'll make you understand that, your ex is on his way here. I'll make it simpler with what he said, quote, 'Stop lying to me, I know my nephew when I hear him.' And then, well, I heard an engine groan before I ended the call because I was talking to thin air."

I shut my eyes tight and groan. "Seriously." I look at Warren first. "I need to go, okay? I'll come back."

"Aww," Warren says with a pout. "Okay!" His face brightens up at the last part. "Thanks again!"

I tell Cassie and Rich that I need to go somewhere else. They easily let me off the hook so I take Collin and we leave there as soon as possible.

He starts driving very quietly while I have my eyes on the direction I'm in because earlier, I could have sworn that I saw his car rush by.

"You okay there, Tay?" Collin asks, leaving my attention back to him.

"Yeah."

"Really? Because that's the look on my face when my dad left my mom when I was a kid," he says.

"I'm really fine," I lie.

He shrugs, "Course you are."

"What did you two talk about?" I ask, changing the topic.

Collin smiles. Without looking at me, he says, "He asked who I was. Who I was to you and then why am I the one answering your phone."

Okay.

"He sounds jealous, though," he adds.

"Why would he be?" I ask rhetorically because I didn't really want to know the answer.

He must have sensed it though, because after, he says,

"In other news though, do you want to come with me later? There's a game we just missed and I'm told that we won so. . . victory party."

"Shouldn't be bad. I did drag you all the way out here."

"Good. I promise though, nothing wild."

"You can't promise that on parties, Coll," I tell him with a smile. "Just don't get too drunk."

"Hey, last time, I wasn't drunk," he defends himself. The party happened over a week ago and it's one of those very few times when my memory failed me and I don't remember most parts.

"Oh so, you weren't drunk," I mutter, rolling my eyes. "Which means you fully meant things you did."

He groans out loud and leans his head back, yet of course, keeping his eyes on the road. "It was a good kiss though, wasn't it?"

"Is it really an ego boost to know whether you did it right or not?" I ask, rolling my eyes. "I don't really remember some things that night."

"Because you were drunk as fuck," he says and laughs. "It's not that obvious though. You're still freaking calm."

"What the hell do you mean calm?" I ask. He hasn't talked about it until now.

"You know after our kiss, which you said, you were aware of," he trails on and I just roll my eyes. I didn't even mean it. "You just kind of dozed off. Same story as always."

"I told you, it didn't mean anything," I mutter.

"I know." A long pause creeps in the car until he decides to talk to me again. "Your ex is going to be so pissed at me. Update, already is."

"Huh?"

He takes my phone out of his pocket and hands it to me. "Keeps vibrating."

I laugh a bit when I see who's calling. "No, it's Isabelli. One of my friends."

"Yeah, I know, you told a lot of stories when you were drunk," he says with a wink.

I don't really know what happened that night after that kiss that meant absolutely nothing, Collin obviously knows something here.

"You don't want to know," he continues.

I nod along and answer Isabelli's call. She asks me where I am right now and then tells me she's with Madz and Louis. Later on, she tells me she's at home.

Collin sees my reaction so he asks what the call is about.

"Shut --" I groan once Isabelli cuts me off.

"Who's that? Tay?" She asks in a very suspicious tone. "You're with a guy aren't you? Cats! Our kitty got herself a tom!"

I can hear Madz and Louis asking what the hell she is talking about. I roll my eyes. "Bye, Isabelli." I turn the call off.

"So what's going on?" Collin asks.

"Well, the inevitable," I answer immediately. "They know I'm with you so if you want my friends to interview you, go ahead and enter my house later. But if not, get the hell away from there the moment I get off."

"Yeah right. You basically already kissed me so I'm within friends' reach now."

I wonder if he's just really irritating me or he really wants to meet my friends. The same way I'm wondering about his intentions. He hadn't made an actual move apart from the kiss and it's been months. His reputation said he could have done much worse but he hasn't.

"It didn't mean anything," I remind him. I remember the kiss. I can fully recollect why I did it. But after it, I'm every bit blank.

"Really hurts my feeling, Swift," he says very dramatically.

"We aren't dating," I remind him.

"Starting Saturday next week, we'll change that."

This is kind of one of the most unrealistic conversations I've ever had with someone.

"Whatever."

When we get home the cats are really waiting outside of the house. As usual, Micha is missing for an unknown reason.

Isabelli squeals immediately the moment Collin gets off. Louis keeps smiling while Madz has her little skeptical face.

"What?" I ask.

"A Corner," Madz says immediately, pursing her lips. She obviously knows him because that's his surname.

I hear Collin groan a little bit as he walks near me. "Well, she knows me," Collin mutters. "I assume you're Maddie?"

"Only my close friends call me that, Collin. It's Madelaine for you."

"Ain't that too long?" He teases.

Madz takes a step forward while Louis just holds her arm and laughs as he whispers something.

I wonder if there's some history there but I'd really rather not know.

"Anyways, Tay, you didn't tell us you've got a new tom to hang out with," Louis says. "In which case, Corner, care to join us?"

"Cool. Where?"

"Nowhere. We're just going to hang out. Burn you, most likely," Louis answers. "Because if you're the company my lovely Swift is keeping, you probably shouldn't be the one my cousin knows."

I mouth the words, "Thanks Lou."

"Okay, what am I being charged with, then?" Collin asks.

Madz takes a deep breath then says, "Things far too explicit for young whale audiences. Sorry, Belli."

Isabelli scoffs in a very offended way. "You seriously have to put whale in everything that has to do with me."

I can't even believe that joke is still on.

"But hi there, Collin, I'm Isabelli!" She waves at him.

"Nice meeting you," Collin says immediately. They all walk towards us, from the front door to the few steps in front.

"Taylor told us you kissed her at a party?" Madz asks.

I shut my mouth but Collin isn't much of a person who likes shutting up so. . . "I'm sorry? I mean, I was drunk and well, I was aware honestly but--"

"The last time she kissed a boy at a party, he ended up breaking her heart and marrying someone else." Madz starts in a very threatening tone. As she talks, she keeps walking towards Collin with the scariest glare. "I swear to God, if that happens again, you'll see me at hell, not as someone to be convicted but as the judge with the verdict that'll burn you for all eternity. Do you hear me?!"

Collins eyes had already widened with how close Madz is standing yet she's very, very, stern about it. "Yeah."

"Good," Madz answers. "I knew your brother and I knew you. All of my blockmates knew you. . . Intimately."

Ah.

"Well, Taylor knows my history and yet I'm here," he replies casually. It's a good reply, though.

"And so far, the only justification I need. Forgive my cousin, we're still processing everything. Plus, our friend there has the worst life ever, no offense, Tay."

"None taken, Lou."

"Anyways," I pipe up. "What made you cats visit?"

"Well, your father told us you don't leave home that much and we wanted to, you know, have an old friends' time. Anyone up for malls?" Isabelli asks.

Technically, Collin and I had been there before lunch but we still agreed, on the invisible contract saying they would separate us. Collin is definitely toast but he can handle himself so easily I just leave him alone.

To be fairly honest, it's not uncomfortable to leave him alone with the cats, we've got nothing to hide. We haven't done anything --well, apart from the kiss-- and we're just friends.

"The arcade?!" I whine a bit. "No, no, no, no way."

"How can you say you've moved on if you're avoiding every little thing you both did?" Louis asks me. . . using a low voice to make sure that I am the only one who knows what he's saying.

"You know my situation a little too well," I whisper as Collin and the rest of the cats walks straight to where they want to go.

Collin is less enthusiastic as I know this is not his definition of having fun, yet he's going along with Isabelli and Madz.

"What do you think of him?" I ask.

"He hasn't done anything to you, right?" He asks.

"None."

"A good drunk or a bad drunk?"

"Good drunk."

"Then, so far, he's alright," Louis says. "But if you go with my suspicions, he doesn't like this sort of things which means you two might have contrasting interests, which is bad. Plus, Tay, that kind of reputation? Are you sure?"

"Tell me what happened to Harry at his worst. How did he meet Samara?" I ask, changing the subject.

He sighs, "Do you really want to talk about that?"

"I do," I say confidently although I am nowhere near that.

It takes him a second of thinking back and forth whether or not he would tell me what I want to know. Of course, I understand I wasn't about to be impatient over it.

"Samara sort of pulled him from killing himself. . . On the very same bridge where he first met you," he says. "Amazing how two events coincide."

"He met her at the same place?" I blink, trying to snap out of my perplexed daze.

"The very same place," Louis says.

Somehow, I feel a little jealous. . . okay, selfish over it. Samara had me replaced in almost every way. She now stand on the places where I used to be, where I should be. It doesn't seem fair.

I find myself muttering Italian phrases after. . . Just things.

I don't like it. In fact, I hate it. For the first time since our last conversation, I feel like I regretted it.

It's not fair, not one tiny bit fair. I've been completely replaced just because of one event I didn't ask for.

Flashes start appearing before my eyes. I'm blanking out again. . . It happened so many times I don't even want to fight it anymore. I can hear Louis calling me. . .then Madz, then Isabelli, then Collin. But, their voices fade out almost as instantly as they say the last syllable of my name.

My airways feel like something had shut them all closed that breathing seem like an impossible thing. Things are turning white and I can't remember why.

All I remember are those many days and nights with him, now long gone. . . they've just been replaced.

But it all keeps coming back in circles, four memories stand out. . ., when I met him at the bridge, our second kiss at the Tenerife, his last phone call before I had my accident and. . . the day he got married.

The last memory that told me it was the end. I don't really admit it, but seeing him in that church that day, a breathtaking sight he was, gave me the feeling of giving up, as he did with me. I've never really given much thought before on what he'd wear and how he'd look like in a wedding. . . but then, I had to witness it, I had to watch as he say his vows to another woman.

He gave up on me so I did the same. He let me go and then I did too.

Now, all of a sudden, it seemed so wrong to have done that. I've never let Harry explain fully, maybe because I know it'll burn for me once I do. Runner was right, I wasn't the only side who got hurt.

Still ran the same questions. . .

Why did he have to go?

Why did I have to let him?

Author's 🎵:

In honor of Tay's new single and her upcoming album. . . I had to update XD

Stay awesommmeee!!!!

~DP22

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 87 30
"No, no. No talking little bug, this is the part where you listen" he cuts me off before I can finish. I'm disappointed in myself for complying to hi...
134K 5.9K 22
Harry Styles had it all. He was a record-selling artist who played on all the big arenas around the world. His shows were always sold out and he had...
39.4K 1.8K 55
PREQUEL TO GYMNOPHORIA apodyopsis (n.) the act of mentally undressing someone The number one feeling I felt in the relationship was anxiety... Everyt...
21.5K 814 60
"Harry, the whole world is in front of you." The younger boy nodded, then let his forehead lean to Louis'. "Yeah, you're right," he whispered. "It is...