Twenty-Seven

"Tired, very tired," Harry mutters."Io sono stanco."

Basic Italian, that meant, I am tired. Yes, I've read the Italian dictionary during the semestral break since it was boring.

He lies down on the bleachers, a row away from my seat. He just came from their practices and the tiresome ones had started just this Monday so technically, Madz didn't have to defend them last week that much but I'm glad she did.

I laugh, taking a glance away from my book and to Harry who is now lying in front of me, sweaty and obviously needed a rest.

"What? Louis took you guys to a bloodbath, no?" I ask, partly laughing.

Harry takes a deep breath, "Yeah, you could say that."

Again, he still has that black band on his wrist and he's been wearing that ever since the semestral break. I wonder why.

"Harry," I call.

"Hmm?"

"Why'd you put that band over your wrist?" I ask. "Plus, why have you been wearing it? You do it like all the time."

"Secrets," he says. "If I were you, I wouldn't think much about it. I do things without reason."

"I'm thinking, an injury?" I ask.

"More or less," Harry mumbles. "Don't worry, I'm fine. I'm sound as a pound."

"Can I see it?" I ask, a bit too curious since I'm a little bored.

"No," he answers. "Taylor."

"What?"

"Did I give you a gift this Christmas?" He asks.

"No," I answer immediately.

He sighs, "I'm getting you one."

As much as I am a bit surprised, I find myself responding very quickly, "I didn't give you one so we're kind of even."

"Yes, but I'm not asking for you to give me one," he says.

"I'm not asking either," I reply immediately.

He sits up and takes a very deep breath, looking into my eyes. "Come on, we'll just head to the mall and be back here before you know it."

I smile but in my mind rings my own voice saying, bad idea, bad idea, bad idea!

"If someone sees us, we're dead."

"I can't exactly buy you a gift. I still don't know what you like," he reasons out.

"Well, I'm not exactly asking for a gift," I riposted very quickly and instinctively since I really don't like it when I have no replies for simple, friendly arguments.

"Either we buy a gift right now, or I'll take you to Verona, yes, Verona, Italy. I'll be paying every expense and you wouldn't want that, now would you?"

"Bad idea," I mutter. "We can't go to the mall, if someone sees us, you know how things go."

"What's the matter, stranger? Scared of a little rumor?" He asks in a challenging tone. A sly smile forms on his lips, dimples making their way to show.

"There's a fine line between scared and careful, Harold," I say.

He leans in, his face just inches from mine. "I dare you."

"No."

"Then, I double dare you. I'll sweeten the deal, if you don't agree now, Rapunzel."

There's this look of anticipation in his eyes. He's really determined of what he wants to do and he's warning me to back out before he gives me no choice.