Thirty-Two

A week later, it's still the same. One would think I'd go back to normal but I still feel anxious while walking around too many people, insecure about the fact that they might be talking about me.

If only I could cover my ears so I won't hear those whispers. . . but it's all in my head. I've heard them before but I can't try to register that they are, in fact, not happening at the present moment.

Thankfully, we get out of the halls very quickly.

"Try this one, Tay!" Isabelli says, putting nerdy glasses on me as we walk. She squeals and claps, "You look so cute."

It takes me a while before I realize that I've spaced out a little.

Great, now I look the part of the troubled outcast at the very moment. I fake a smile and fix the glasses on me.

"You look really cute! Doesn't she look cute?" She continues, practically skipping through her steps and not looking at where she's going.

"Yeah, she does," Runner replies immediately.

"Sembri bellissima," Harry says and most of us who heard look at him. He smirks a little, "As always."

"Thanks," I reply.

Louis raises an eyebrow while the kittens seem a little confused. Micha looks back and forth between Harry and I, "W-Wait, what does that mean? What does —"

"It means you look beautiful," Harry replies.

I take off the glasses and give it to Isabelli, "Thanks, Belli." I rub my eyes after even though there is barely a use for it.

Since we have already toured every fast food chain around the school, we settle with a pizza parlor, which, I can say we haven't gone to in a while.

I am on my second slice, the boys, most likely in their fourth, the kittens in their third or second and half but Isabelli is still on her first. As much as she loves food, she's always the long-talk-after-every-bite persona. And she's still wearing those glasses even though they're fake.

I keep eating very slowly that Isabelli already caught up with me.

"Tay, you okay?" Runner asks, he's already asked that far too many times in full concern and yet, I don't break from what I usually say.

The rest of the table seem caught up in their conversations so I don't think anyone is really listening.

I smile faintly, "I am, don't worry." I nibble on my food slowly and drink every once in a while –which, I don't normally do while eating.

"You sure?"

I laugh, "Yes, I am a hundred percent sure."

His blue eyes seem hesitant, staring into mine. He purses his lips for a moment then he sighs, "Okay. That's good. Now you gonna eat your food or are you on a diet?"

I laugh again, "I am eating my food." Well, I am seriously eating my food.

"Not as much as you need," he pushes the box with a slice near me. "Now, you gotta eat that or the two of us stay here until you do."

God. "Okay, okay," I mumble. "I'm eating, yeah? Okay." I take a huge bite and he laughs.

"Now, you look funny."

I smile even though my mouth is a little full of food. I keep chewing and swallow after. "Weirdo." I take a sip from my drink.

"I am not the weirdo, you are, eat up."

"Yeah, yeah, what do you think I am doing?" I ask.

As I continue, I see Harry staring after, his right hand on the table slightly clenched. He looks at me for a moment and then laughs, smiling to himself for whatever reason that is. I don't ask him because I don't feel the need to.